Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

ariagrey

Re: Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

Post by ariagrey » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Lyra looked up at Mor mentioning that the stone is dangerous, the King chuckling in response. "I feel it's power," she retorted as she worked, "It vibrates through my body, but that is all." A flame lit the kindling and a fire was soon underway. She sat back and stared into the dancing flames. "To say that the stone is dangerous is an understatement. It wants to be used and will find away. My village created a sacred barrier for the stone, hidden in our temple. It would have been safe there for, well, for forever if no one else had ever seen it."

Lyra curled in on herself, pulling her knees to her chest and wrapping her arms around herself. She wasn't sure if it was all this talk of the stone or if it was the chill of the night that sent goosebumps across here skin. " We must leave early tomorrow.i fear what will happen possessing the stone for too long."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:46 pm

Azriel started the fire and thought of whar Lyra said about the stone. It shouldn't havs been seen, but who would create something like that in the first place? A stone that has the sole purpose of taking advantage of man's corrupt and give him more power to further that corruption.

He shook his head as he spoke, "I don't feel comfortable going to sleep near something that powerful," he tied the horses to the tree a Mor also agree. Although they has stayed awake the night before, they will be doing just that again for tonight. His friend was mostly silent, no doubt disturbed by the stone and the thoughts that entered his mind.

Azriel took the blanket and dropped it around Lyra as Mor founs a log and broighf it back to sit on close to the fire. Mor looked strained as he asked Lyra, "So, what was your home like before it was raided?" Even Azriel seemed to blink a few times before clearing the dazed look in hia eyes.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:27 pm

Azriel dropped a blanket on to Lyra's shoulders, she looked up at him surprised. A corned of her mouth twitched upwards as she pulled the blanket around her. It was still strange to think that almost twenty four hours ago Azriel was going to torture her. Despite his distant and cold exterior, she could see his kindness and regard for others. She wondered if the kidnapping of his sister made him this way or if he's aways been so.

Mor's question pulled her from her thoughts, surprised for a moment and then her expression turned to a soft, warm smile as she stated into the fire. "It was...family. although we did not have as much as others, we knew community. I think in some ways we were richer than most. It's easy to appreciate the little things when they don't seem so little." A chuckle escaped her lips. "There was always some kind of gathering in the middle of the village. Whether we got together to do chores and work and sing or because we were simply celebrating life or marriage." Lyra sighed, her eyes welling up with tears. "My people knew the true meaning of happiness. They were alive."

She couldn't say anymore as she blinked away the tears threatening to spill. It hit her like ice, realizing once more that the place and people she once called home were burnt to the ground. She was all alone in this world and she would have to find a way to go on. A way to create a new community like the last, minus a magical stone that would cause their doom.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 pm

(Lol that last part is sad but funny)

Azriel saw the small upturn of Lyra's mouth couldn't find it in him to smile back. He had been willing to so whatever was necessary to her to get his sister. That thought and thought of what he would do if their current plans did not work were the reason he looked away from Lyra as she described her people.

He knew he would nevee feel her pain and the closest he couls feel to her pain was when he received the letter that his sister had been taken. That horror was as close as he could come to understanding Lyra's pain. Mor was sporting one of his rare serious looks as he spoke, "I'm sorry for what happened to your people. You probably donr believe me, an I dobr blame you, but if we had known before hand, we would havw prevwnted it no matter how desperate we are to find Bryn."

Mor went silent after that, glaring at the flaring fire. Azriel knew to leave his friend to his own thoughts for now. His eyes went to Lyra, "Tamun is imprisoned in the dungeons. Whether this works or not, you'll decide his fate. Whether he remains imprisoned or other." He doubted that gave her any comfort, but it was fair to him.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:29 am

(😎 that was the goal lol!)

Lyra hardly heard anything but Tamun's name. She would have never guessed he'd dven be in the vicinity of what had happened. Then again, he probably wouldn't stray too far if he see free, in hopes of finding the stone and using it. "I suppose I'll have to decide when the time comes, your majesty."

She went silent again for a moment, lost in thought as she looked back and forth between Azriel and Mor. Her posture relaxed against the tree even more as the blanket cacooned her and the hear from the flames caressed the front of her. Lyra placed a hand over her chest where the stone was under her vest. "How long have you two known each other, your grace?" She was beginning to get the hang of the formal titles, as along as she reminded herself several times before speaking not to forget it. She supposed they needed something to talk about if they were to stay up through the night, but slumber beckoned her, wrapped in warmth and underneath the stars she was so familiar with.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:21 am

Azriel observed Lyra again as she spoke, this time not as someone who could offer him something. He couldn't help but compare her to the women he knew in court. Radically and vastly different. He even thought if the women living outside of the castle and once again, knew the difference was due to dignity.

Azriel smiled at Lyra's question because it brought back memories. Also because it has been twice now she's spoken to him that way. He thought is twlling hee it was okay to call his name when no one elae was around. Those court advisors would throw a fit if they heard. Then he thought of her question and his grey eyes softened like the grey clouds on a rainy day.

"Since I was born. He's two years older than me, but his father knew mine. Practically brothers, they were. We were a natural pair as we grew up together. Where he was, I was. And where I was, he was. My aister was the third member of our little...thing. There's really nothing to call it," he stopped nd wondered if he should go on, then he did, "My father killed Mor's father. At the time Mor's father owned half the lands in a kingdom. Anymore and he could easily overthrow my farhwe and become king bt law, not by birth."

Azriel looked at his friwnd who was present physically but mentally somewhere else entirely. "My father killed a man who was like a brother to him. Instead of being angry at my aister and I like he should have been, Mor came to us for comfort. It was then we knew...in that entire kingdom, no ine is your friend. At 8 years old, I learned people will do anything to feel powerful. Mor and my sister were the exception, they still are and always will be. We were all we had." Azriel frowned at the ground as if ir had done great evil to him, "Until I made my first mistake."

Azriel's looked at Lyra again and smiled a bit when he saw she was sleepy. He had so much more to say, it was all at the tip of his tongue, ready to spill and wanting to bw heard. But instead he simply, "You should rest."

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:35 am

Lyra listened to Azriel's story, his voice soothing her nerves. It was lovely that he and Mor have been friends for so long, but his story took a dark twist and she was surprised to see that their friendship still held strong. To have a bond like that with someone is rare. It was then that she looked over at more and gained a ne appreciation for his banter and certain roughness, yet caring way, with the King.

Her gaze returned to the king when he mentioned resting. "I don't know if I should." She did not sound convincing as she yawned. Her legs stretched out from under the blanket as she wiggled her toes in front if the fire. "Are you sure Mor is alright?" Her voice was low, her eyes lids getting heavy.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:00 am

Azriel took some time to pull himself out of his memories. Those happy days that the three had done so much to now. Mor hadn't wanted to have anything to do with being in court,which was why he readily chose combat. Him being the most adept out of everyone at the strategic planning and skillful comabt of all things war made him suitable fke the position. He was almost never in the throne room or in the main court, unless he was with Azriel.

Azriel snapped out of his past as he heard Lyra's question. He didn't have to think to say, "No, he isn't. But if I go to him right now, I'll do more harm than good." Mor was reatraininf himself anditwas easy to tell. With the stone's influence, my presence is not what he needs righr now. He needs to sort aomethings out in here," Azriel pointed to his own head. "If by sunrise he's still as he is, we'll need to fight it out," Azriel said as if it was understandable. He observed Lyra once more and smiled a bit, "I think you should."

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Azriel explained the internal struggle that Mor was going through. Lyra never thought it would affect either of them that much. No one in the village ever felt tainted by the stone. It wasn't in the midst of town, but the shrine it was held in wasn't far either. She wondered why it was affecting Mor so differently.

Lyra was going to respond to Azriel, but her eyes slowly closed and before she knew it she was fast asleep. Again her dreams were plagued by the death of her people, the burning of her home, but it didn't stop there. Her dream continued, Azriel and Mor accompanied her up the mountain. They made it to the witch and she was terrifying. Her hair was stringy, her skin pale and patchy, her eyes a dead light blue, and her fingers long and boney. She walked with a limp and went over to a cauldron as she poured a purple powder into whatever concoction she was creating. Smoke rose from the liquid, the witch pearing at them through it. "All will burn and die!" The next thing Lyra knew the witches home was on fire and everyone thing was in flames.

Lyra woke with a start, sweat on her brow, panting. Trickles of light played in the sky, the sun just rising over the horizon. It was morning. She scanned the surrounding area, nothing was on fire, they were still at the base of the mountain. Azriel and Mor were still with her. It had been a dream, a terrible nightmare. She quickly undid her loose braid, her curls tumbling around her shoulders. Lyra wiped her hands down her face as she let out a breath. It wasn't the truth, there had to be a way to save mankind from its own corruption.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:32 pm

Lyra had fallen asleep and now Azriel was left to his own thoughts. With the stone so close by, he remained on guard, even though he wasn't feel the effects of it as much as he was now. He was worried about his friend, but it had been so long since they had comforted each other and had actually spoken. Azriel knew it was somewhat his fault, but there was nothing to do to correct it now. They're friendship ran deeper than any river and though were were not brothers by blood, they were brothers in every other sense of the word.

Azriel took another look at a sleeping Lyra and talked to Mor. The man tensed as he raised his head to look at Azriel, then looked away. Azriel sat beside him and asked, "How are you?" Mor didn't smile and kept himself tense, "Not good, Az. Not good." Azriel was quiet as he watched the trees in the direction Mor had been watching, then asked, "What's wrong, Mor? You've always been reminded of what could have been had your father been alive. What different now?" Mor frowned and turned to Azriel, "You mean had your father," the man stabbed at Azriel's chest with his finger, "not killed him."

Azriel's eyes narrowed but he answered, "Yes." Mor clenched his hands into fists, "I know it's not your fault. But he was my father. When yours died, we both know you didn't have any remorse. Me...I lost my father. You can't possibly understand that. You'll do anything to save Bryn...I'll do anything to have my father back." And Azriel understood then what the problem was, "You cannot-" Mor glared at Azriel so hard that the king knew to stop talking, "You can't lecture me on good and evil, Az. Not with that monster you called father and who you were willing to torture." Azriel glared at Mor as his friend's eyes widened, about to apologize. Azriel's fist connected with Mor's face so fast neither of them knew what had happened. And before Azriel could realize, Mor had returned the favor. All that was left of the physical exchange of fists was the throbbing bruises forming on both their cheeks.

Now both of them rubbed their jaws and cheek. As Azriel spoke, he felt some pain, "Are you all good now?" Mor shook his head, "Better than ever," there was a pause before Mor said, "You hit like a 7 year old boy." Azriel chuckled and retorted, "I hope you don't take it this easy on our enemies." Gone was the tension that was now replaced by security. Both of them smiling, Azriel said softly, "I'm a friend to you first and foremost, Mor. If there's anything you want to say to me, at any moment, say it. I might like it, I might not like it, but respect me enough to tell me." Mor stood up and stretched while he gave a nod and Azriel looked back at Lyra to see her awake. His eyebrows furrowed as he stood up also, taking in the sweat and frazzled state, "Nightmare?"