Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

ariagrey

Re: Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

Post by ariagrey » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:27 pm

Lyra watched as Azriel quickly left. She sat up in the bed now that Jalin was finished and grabbed the cup of tea that the King had prepared for her. She took a sip, letting out a sigh as she swallowed. It was soothing and warm, like being wrapped in a hug. A small smile touched her lips as she took a few more drinks.

"Perhaps it isn't my place to say, but...you shouldn't be so hard on him." She didnt look Jalin in the eye. "I obviously don't know the King very well, but he has a familial duty to uphold. Just as I do to my people and the stone. I don't believe his heart to be wicked like most men. What he did wasnt right, but at least it was for a good cause." Lyra sipped some more tea, letting the herbs soothe her. "In fact, if he hadn't found me first, some other man would have. I'm sure that other man wouldn't have dealt me any mercy." She let out a quick yawn, sleep beckoning her. "I suppose I am in fact grateful to him, in some weird twisted way." She scoffed, now looking at Jalin. "Thank you for your kindness and generosity. You tea is quite delicious."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:50 pm

Jalin worked quietly as Lyra drank her tea. He made sure the injury was completely sterilized before applying some ointment it. It already began clotting so there wasn't much he do healing wise. As Lyra spoke Jalin gave the girl a sad smile.

"The last King went on a dark road, very quickly. Azriel has better sense and heart not to do the same. Sometimes I do fear for him however...for a man like him, it's easier to become the kind of man his father was. When he does something like this," Jalin looked pointedly at the shoulder he was bandging, "I become fearful. I've known him since he was a babe...the boy has a good heart. But the heart can turn the other way quicker than you think."

The healer went on to put aome healing ointment on some cuts and bruises that he could see. He stood up and went to the kettle, placing the hot water in a fairly clean bowl. He smiled as he did so, "There is no thanks, Lyra. You've been great company," he chuckled and said, "Whenever you wake up in the night, place your feet in here. It'll feel good, trust me. There is a cabinet over there where you may get clothes to wear since yours is quite torn up. Now sleep girl, you've gone through so much."

When Azriel left Jalin's ward, he went to the library and sat down in the magic section that had been forbidden except to only a few people. He sat down in the chair and heaved out a heavy sigh, letting out everyrhing rhat had plagued him since morning.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:21 am

Lyra understood what the old man stated. She felt such a love already for Jalin. She always had a fascination with the elderly. They were always so calm, gentle, and full of wisdom. Her heart ached knowing she'd never see anyone that she's known since birth ever again. Quickly, she wiped away a tear before Jalin could even noticed and thanked him again for all his help.

Once alone, she wandered over to the cabinet the old man had pointed with the spare clothes. At first all she could find were oversized shirts, extremely long trousers and vests. She smeared at the clothes, obviously all for men. She would have to alter them herself. Lucky she had been sewing since she was 10.

After about 2 hours, 2 more cups of tea, plenty of finger pricks, and a large amount of scrap fabric, she had fashioned herself black, skinny trousers for the journey ahead, a blue vest with silver trim as a top and a thick brown belt for her waist to hold the vest closed. Lyra felt quite proud of herself, it had been some time since she had sewn something, let alone an entire outfit.

Satisfied with her work, she crawled into her most comfortable bed and pulled the covers up. She prayed her nightmares wouldn't return tonight, but before she could even finish, her eyes closed and she drifted off to sleep.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:41 am

~Timeskip~ DAWN

Azriel rubbed his eyes as he shut the book that was titled "Witches and Other Wielders of Magic". He sighed as he stood up with a stretch. A snoring from beside him had him rolling his eyes. The sun would rise in a few moments and he had not gotten ready. Mor had shown up at midnight, claiming he wanted to help. As Azriel had predicted, his friend would not leave the issue until Azriel agreed to have him come along with Lyra and him.
"Is it dawn already?" Mor yawned as he stood up and stretched also. Azriel shook his head, 'No...it's almost dawn. I'm going to take a bath. I suggest you do the same and meet me at Jalin's ward in about thirty minutes.

Mor looked at Azriel like he was crazy, "Okay, I know this is all serious and all but how do I take a bath, get dressed and walk to Jalin's ward in thirty minutes." Azriel placed all the books back in their rightful place, a small smile on his face, "You managed to find a way to train men we found in the Southern district. I would think anything is possible for you after that." Mor thought about it and nodded, agreeing it should be doable for him. He grabbed his books and placed them in their rightful place also. "I hope you're right about this, Az. I hope we can get Bryn back." Azriel looked at his friend, "Don't hope. We can get her back, and we will."

Thirty minute later Azriel waited in front of Jalin's ward. Once Mor didn't show up, he went knocked on the door. It was dawn but he didn't know if Lyra would still be sleeping or be fully ready to go. If she didn't answer the door, he would know she was still sleeping.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:19 am

There was a light rapping sound that filled the room. Lyra groaned and rubbed her eyes. For a moment she almost fell asleep again until the rapping continued. Her eyes slowly blinked open, her surroundings confusing her for a moment. As her brain recalled the last few days, she remembered where she was. Sitting up in her bed she let out a grown at her sore shoulder. That had to have been the best nights sleep she'd had in, well, she didn't remember when. She hardly moved in the night making her feel a little stiff. On the brighter side of things, she hadn't had any nightmares, it had been as if she were dead to the world.

The knocking at the door continued and it had to be Jalin or King Azriel. Yawning, she stood to go answer the door, only to be assaulted by freezing cold water. Lyra shrieked, tripping and falling over the bowl of water that Jalin had left for her feet, sending water all over. "Ack!" Although the night was pleasant, this was not an ideal morning.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:43 am

Azriel heard a very unpleasant sound inside the room and opened the door. He didn't know what was happening but he knew Lyra had to be okay, he needed her. He rushed inside and almost tripped, holding on the bed for support as he realized the floor was wet and that Lyra was on the floor. He took a few seconds to look and guessed what happened. Despite the very long Az smiled with a shake of his head as he righted himself. He heard a sound behind him and purposefully gave no warning as Mor also came rushing through.

"I'm not late! I-" there was a big thud as the man fell down also the moment he walked inside. Mor's role as commander and best warrior in the kingdom had him on his feet in an instant, eyes darting in search for a threat or the reason why he had fallen. Azriel's eyes were full of amusement as he sighed, "You could have been ambushed." Mor glared at Azriel about to speak but Az was already focused on Lyra. His hand reached out to help her up. As he waited his eyes went to what she wore and remembered he hadn't let the servants find clothes for her. Yet from what she had fashioned herself, he doubted the castle held clothes for her taste. All they had for women were dresses so perhaps what she had made was the best form of clothing for now.

Mor nudged Azriel out of the way, "One day, Az. One day I'll knock you off your feet," and held his hand out to Lyra instead, "I'm Mor. The best warrior in this kingdom. You haven't tried to kill Az yet so we're on good terms," his brown eyes were warm and welcoming.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:09 pm

Before Lyra could even finish telling the person at the door not to enter yet, Azriel burst into the room. All she could do was blush as she looked up at the King. She had always been clumsy, but this was a new level. The embarrassment stuck around as another man entered the room, slipping and falling just the same.

"I'm so sorry!" She said sheepishly. "It was an accident. I can clean it up." She offered and just as she was going to grab Azriel's hand the other man moved him out of the way and offered his instead. He introduced himself and all she could say was, "Oh." Grabbing his hand and standing she sighed. "Just to be clear, the King came after me, not the other way round. I have no reason to kill him."

Lyra looked around the room and noticed a mop in the corner, she carefully walked over to it and began mopping the water up. She tried not to make eye contact with either of the gentleman, in fear that the redness would return to her cheeks.

"I truly am sorry, I'll clean this up quick then we can leave." After a moment she started only using one hand, her shoulder beginning to ache. She felt like such an idiot. Even if she wasn't intentionally trying to befriend the King, she did want to poetry a certain persona, and this was diminishing that plan.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:27 pm

Mor held back a snicker of laughter as he helped Lyra up and replied, "That is true, but it's pretty easy to hate him for what he's done so far, it's easy to hate him and want to kill him." Azriel gave his friend a deadly glare but Mor only shrugged as he lifted an eyebrow and watched Lyra mop. Azriel on the other hand walked to her, not saying anything about her embarrassment but of course, Mor did, "It was an accident, no need to be embarrassed," he grinned as he also went to one of the cabinets along the walls and took out a rag.

Mor handed the rag to Lyra as Azriel took the mop from her and mopped it up himself, saying, "As Mor said, it was an accident." He mopped up all the water and placed the equipment back where they belong before Jalin could scold them for disturbing his workplace. "If we are successful in our trip, we can stop by the market on our way back and get you actual clothes. If we are successful, we will talk about what you want to do afterwards."

She couldn't return to her village, not with so many people looking towards it, willing to do anything to discover whatever else was there. She would need protection, but that depended solely on her. Mor looked around the room, "I miss being in here. Remember Az?" Azriel nodded and Mor continued, "Jalin would patch us up and we'd just go out there causing more trouble." Azriel looked at Lyra and sighed, "He's going to keep talking, all day. Are you ready to go?"

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:14 pm

Lyra didn't know if she could protest to the King mopping up her mess, so she let him do as he please. She rubbed her arm as she watched the two men clean up, glaring at Mor. This one didn't know when to quit. She was sure his mouth got him in trouble on multiple occasions.

Azriel went on to mention her clothes. She looked down at them, lifting up a corner of her blue vest. "Are they that terrible?" She gave a half laugh and a shrug. "I'm not particularly worried about my attire. Nor will I concern myself with 'after' until we know there is an 'after'. My King!" Lyra quickly added the last part, remembering what Jalin had said before, it was something she was still getting used to.

The man named Mor, began talking again, telling old tales of the old days. Lyra bit her lower lip trying not to laugh at Azriel's comment and gave a nod. "I have a feeling this is going to be a long trip, isn't it?" She giggled, walking out of the room, ready to start their trip. It was time to settle all this business with the stone and hopefully get the King's sister back.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:35 pm

Azriel watched Lyra as she called him "my king" with deep amusement in his eyes, but he didn't laugh because it wasn't the time for it. She must have thought otherwise however, because he heard her small bubble of laughter as she walked out of the room.

He shook her head and followed after her, Mor closing the door behind them. "I find it comforting to make plans in case things do or do not go well. Your clothes don't look terrible, but they don't look great either," Azriel truth with utter truth. Mor coughed to keep himself from laughing as Azriel led the way down the large palace halls. No one was in sight, only guards making rounds.

"One day you'll say something someone doesn't want to hear," Mor warned. Azriel gave his friend a sly smile, "If they ask, then they deserve a truthful answer no matter how ghastly." Mor shook his head as they took a turn down a hall that had openings on the sides for seeing the clearing in front of the castle. Two horses stood ready, the gates already opened in waiting.

Mor frowned, "We're not taking any guards?" Azriel shook his hea din answer and then added, "I'll protect you if we run into danger," he told his friend as they came down another flight if stairs that eventually led into the clearing. Mor nudged Azriel hard enough that the king tuened to glare at him, "You haven't apared with me in months. I'd like to see you be the protector." Azriel smiled but did not reply as they came to the two horses. He and Mor took the reigns from the stableboys, each muttering a thank you before sending them away. Azriel mounted the horse swiftly, Mor following suit. The king looked at Lyra, then at her shoulder and offered her his hand, "You will be seated in front of me...it's a more stable position than behind. But you'll have to be my eyes," he told her, waiting to lift her up onto his horse.