[RP] The Five

Reyn
Community Mod

[RP] The Five

Post by Reyn » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:23 pm

"Repair progress: 0%. Current stage: Identifying damage."

It's been stuck like that for weeks now. How suspicious...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Alexander Haven was visiting the lab for the first time in 2 years, and he was hating it. The corridors were too long and twisted, the doors all looked the same, and there was a faint but inescapable smell of metal and gasoline that followed him through every winding passage. His office was far nicer than this. His basement was far nicer than this. At least he could breathe down there. Still, he knew as well as anyone else that the lab was important. Behind those doors lay the government's greatest weapon, and possibly humanity's only hope.

He just wished they had put some effort into the architecture.

--------

Catherine sat down on a black plastic chair in a room surrounded by dozens of unfamiliar machines. Well, unfamiliar to her, anyway. She didn't really have much of an interest in any technology besides what she was given, and it's not like she was in a hurry to go and talk to the nerds who built it. There wouldn't be much point; it's not like she would be able to understand most of it anyway. She swore that they were deliberately making it confusing just to laugh at her...

The doors opened, letting in a small group of officers, and the rest of the Super Soldiers.

Reznik
Bronze

Re: [RP] The Five

Post by Reznik » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 pm

Dull heavy thuds from foot steps would be heard down the hallway as Jason slowly walked towards the now open doors. His bulk was imposing on some of the guards in the facility, especially given the fact he towered over them at seven foot tall while in his power armor.

The guards were even more unnerved when all they saw was their reflection in the fully polarized visor of his helmet. His HUD highlighted everyone around him in green triangles for friendlies, and also highlighted the guards weapons, showing him the make and model and ammunition type.

His own heavy railgun sat against his back, the magnetic coupler keeping it firmly attached to his armor. Looking around he looked in the direction of Catherine when he stepped into the light. Reaching up he firmly placed his hands on the sides of his helmet, twisted and lifted it up as the seals released with a rapid hissing sound.

His brown hair tumbled back in his face as his steel gray eyes locked onto her. "I guess your who I'm reporting to then..."

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:43 pm

Shortly behind Jason, a being of black synthetic muscle underneath titanium plated armor, painted in blue digital camouflage. A scratched stencil across its chest that had once read 1GOR-A now looked like IGOR. A glowing white optic watched the room emotionlessly.

Slung over its shoulder was a drum fed machine gun, nearly as long as its wielder was tall. On its hip laid a machete and on its back was a thrust pack, a short range burst jet for increasing movement speed and allowing normally impossible feats of speed and agility. Across its chest was a bandolier of smoke and flash grenades.

"Igor" looked down at Catherine, and assumed a salute.

"1GOR-A REPORTING. AWAITING ORDERS."
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

AstrayNanashi
Meaningless Title

Post by AstrayNanashi » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Virtually silent footsteps followed the group which advanced at the time the doors opened, each tap on the ground was made at the time as another person's step, which covered the faint noise. Added to that the light weight and graceful way of moving across the distance, Evelyn's presence almost passed unnoticed, it was her suit's glowing areas which differentiated her from a shadow. Her eyes were exposed as her visor was not active, and could be seen darting across the room as she inspected it. Both familiar and new faces were seen, and noticed for future reference. At the end of their path, a woman sat, who seemed like their next person of interest.

Along with the crew, she walked near the woman and awaited for her turn to speak; which was after the unit 1GOR-A. She bowed respectfully, speaking out in a clear tone after her stance was back to its firm nature. "Evelyn Lakes, at your service." She spoke with a calm yet firm tone, making sure she had been heard clearly, but friendly enough to not impose a threat. Lastly, she offered a smile, resting a hand on her hip as she waited for the rest.
Image "This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit, dood."

Tr0llz0r

Post by Tr0llz0r » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:29 am

As the group introduced themselves, the security camera mounted on the ceiling zoomed in on each of them.
“So you’re saying that I will be traveling with these people?” A voice asked in a separate area. “Yes, you’ve done much work for us these past few years, I believe you should help them against The Five.”

“Hmmmm. Interesting...”
Stay tuned, folks~! Ha ha ha~

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:25 am

Unfazed by his lateness, Nathan continued at his steady pace towards the lab. His electric blue eyes scanning the guards and his surroundings as he wasn't exactly the most trusting person. He constantly has to assess the situation and everything going on around him, and it doesn't help that the electricity was currently coursing through his body. One of the side effects of having so much energy and not being able to use it at a given time. He's been used to it though. His suit gives him a steady power supply as he can not physically produce electricity himself. Well... Safely anyway.

He entered the lab in time to hear the disembodied voice that seemed to reverberate across the room. It seemed the making a call to action of sorts. As if any of them didn't want anything to do with the Five even if they did have a choice. Nathan was technically coerced into this, but he was willing to stop this reign of terror the Five have built up in the recent years. There was always the potential that some of the others didn't really have a choice. And at this point, so much money has been spent on training and creating everything that they would need for fighting the Five.

He didn't say anything before he took a seat, but before doing so he seemed to study each person to get a good idea of what and who he would be working with. He then began to wait and listen restlessly.
Sometimes theory and logic don't match reality, and that's when the most exciting discoveries happen.
-Jason Kang

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Alexander was the last to arrive, pushing open the doors in a loud, frustrated movement. He sat down on a chair towards the back of the room and cleared his throat, signaling for the super soldiers to look his way. Once he was sure people were listening, he got out a small clipboard and tapped a pen against its surface, peering over the top to address his audience.

"We really need your help." He sighed "I'm sure you all understand that. So, I suppose I'll make this brief. We have a new AI joining you on this little adventure, and I'm sure he'll make himself known soon enough. As for what it involves, well, I'm sure you know already. The Fifth has been spotted in a church somewhere downtown. We aren't really sure if he's come this close to us because he knows we're here, or if this is just a coincidence, but we'll take this opportunity anyway. Any questions?".

He leaned back in his chair, looking around at the people in the room, and waiting for their new friend to join them.

Catherine sighed, shaking her head lightly at the man's comment.

"You won't be reporting to me, I don't think." She said bluntly "Our orders will come from here. An in-group commander hasn't been assigned."

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Jason merely crossed his arms over his chest while the man spoke. He was completely silent in his armor despite its size and bulk. When he heard the Five were nearby, no one would be able to see his muscles under the armor twitch.

Nodding some to the last comment he made a note to peer around at everyone. Again like with the guards, his HUD highlighted everyone and tagged them. He then looked back at Cathrine before he finally spoke.

"I wouldnt put it past them that the Five already know whats going on here. With their abilities even a top secret project like this wouldn't stay secret for long, especially once everything hit the testing phase." He remembered what happened to his unit when the movements were leaked. The end result of that engagement landed him here.

"Honestly this will make it easier on us. I doubt they'll expect a counter attack so early on. Besides, I didn't volunteer for this just to sit in an underground bunker.."

Tr0llz0r

Post by Tr0llz0r » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:00 am

If one were observant enough, they would have noticed the cameras focusing on the group, almost as if they were being studied. In a hidden room, the voice stated. "They seem rather restless compared to when they were training... What have you told them?"
"All we've said is that there is another AI joining the team, which is possibly why they're being cautious, seeing how they don't know you, yet you know them."
"I'm talking about The Crusader, Professor."
"Oh. *ahem* we managed to locate him, currently dormant, in a downtown church."
"Good, if he makes any moves towards us, I'll alert the General. Also once the Commander is chosen, I would like to meet them myself."
Stay tuned, folks~! Ha ha ha~

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:40 am

1GOR made a motion like it was cracking its neck, its advanced CPU processing a variety of sensory inputs ranging from standard visual to infrared and night vision. Its high frequency hearing detected the irregular movements of the security cameras, and its head swiveled to face the camera in question. The optical light on its head dimmed as it stared the camera dead on, as if the AI knew someone or something was observing its squad specifically.
At the mention of the Crusader, its head snapped to face Alexander, its optical light turning off completely, an established sign that its expecting an imminent combat deployment.
Hearing the news that someone within the squad would be assigned as Commanding Officer, 1GOR tasked its predictive AI with calculating the possibilities of most likely to assume command. 1GOR placed itself at the bottom of its mental list.
All of the other squad members knew that in squad level command simulations, 1GOR excelled tactically, but it always prioritized the objective over morale, and was a harsh disciplinarian.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.