Homeward Bound

Locked
User avatar
Stitches
Token Witch
Posts: 1324
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:25 am
Location: Gravity Falls, Oregon
Contact:

Homeward Bound

Post by Stitches » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:00 pm

It was a murky, mid summer's day in Florida. Aria’s clothes were sticking to her skin in uncomfortable ways, despite the special fabric she had bought for them. Apparently, even high quality, lab created fabric could not withstand the disgusting, wet heat of the southern coastal state. She pulled the collar of her shirt away from her as she stepped down the stairs from the front porch. It was a good eight feet, the height she and her aunt had discovered provided ample protection for the house during the occasional (frequent and periodical) flooding. Normally, she tried not to venture outside of the house, due to the weather in part, and due to the hostile wildlife and plantlife in another.

She made it down the long winding driveway, a good ten minute walk, without being attacked by anything. It was only as she came to the mailbox, with it's all important parcel, that she encountered her first problem. Nested around and on top of the mailbox was a giant boa constrictor, it's narrow eyes watching her move. She took a moment to look it over, tempted to pull out her paint brush switch blade, but after a moment it turned its head downward, letting her approach.

She reached out and pet it's small scaly head as she opened the door to the mailbox, and it blinked its eyes happily at her. The black haired girl smiled as her reddened eyes alighted upon the package. She swooped it out one handed and closed the mailbox with the other. The boa hissed at her when she pulled her hand away, but otherwise stayed where it was. She pulled out her compact paintbrush, its extra fat handle filling her palm as she flicked the release at the bottom, the blade extending out from the bottom of the handle. She stabbed the tap at the top of the package, tearing it open.

Lying inside the package, in a bright green envelope, was her copy of Sburb, express sent to her from her friend Lebi. She closed the top back up and, balancing it on her left shoulder as she started back up her driveway, she pulled her large, red phone out and started up Pesterchum.

---maliciousMusician [MM] began pestering lusciousLamb [LL] at 13:54---

MM: Yo, you around, girl?

LL: Ayeeeeee, sup girl?

MM: My package showed, so I'm ready to go when you are. You talk to Sage or Bran today?

LL: Snaps, really? Not yet, I can pass the message along if you want?

MM: Yeah, that would be legit. I'm heading back up to my room, atm. Will be installing when I get there.

LL: Sweet! Hit me up when you're set up while I get it started on my end.

MM: You know it girl. So you got your copy all ready to go?

LL: Mmhm, just waitin on the greenlight to press the metaphorical big ol' red button to get this show on the road.

MM: Fantastic. Get in touch with Sage and Bran and make sure they're ready, okay? I'm going to try not to get killed by the indigenous evil wildlife

LL: Will do. Take care, I'll be sure to spread your name and grow your infamy to be the next great Urban Legend.

MM: Haha. You're so funny. I can barely contain my laughter.

---maliciousMusician [MM] quit pestering lusciousLamb [LL ] at 14:01---

You've been bitten by a true believer
You've been bitten by
someone who's hungrier than you
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

User avatar
Myrn
Trap Card
Posts: 1041
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Homeward Bound

Post by Myrn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:10 am

Be the Lamb ==>

You are but a wee sweet lamb, gallivanting about in a lush green field and chomping away at grass to your heart's content. You baaa oh so elegantly and wait… You are not a lamb. You are a Lambuni! A Lebi Lambuni to be exact. And you my dear, have been masterfully drawing your masterpiece when you were pestered by a certain someone.

---maliciousMusician [MM] began pestering lusciousLamb [LL] at 12:54---

MM: Yo, you around, girl?

LL: Ayeeeeee, sup girl?

MM: My package showed, so I'm ready to go when you are. You talk to Sage or Bran today?

LL: Snaps, really? Not yet, I can pass the message along if you want?

MM: Yeah, that would be legit. I'm heading back up to my room, atm. Will be installing when I get there.

LL: Sweet! Hit me up when you're set up while I get it started on my end.

MM: You know it girl. So you got your copy all ready to go?

LL: Mmhm, just waitin on the greenlight to press the metaphorical big ol' red button to get this show on the road.

MM: Fantastic. Get in touch with Sage and Bran and make sure they're ready, okay? I'm going to try not to get killed by the indigenous evil wildlife

LL: Will do. Take care, I'll be sure to spread your name and grow your infamy to be the next great Urban Legend.

MM: Haha. You're so funny. I can barely contain my laughter.

---maliciousMusician [MM] quit pestering lusciousLamb [LL ] at 13:01---

It seems you have a task at hand. Well you suppose you should get to it if you want to finally get everyone together to start the game. Sometimes you wonder if you're the glue in this circle. Probably the super kind. You message away to Sage first as she is of dire time constraints what being hours ahead of you in.. What country did she say she was from? Iceland? More than likely it was Ireland but thoughts aside, you must pester!

---lusciousLamb [LL] started pestering freckledMelody [FM] at 13:05---

LL: Saaaaaaage

LL: You home?

LL: I never know when you are what being in the future and all, haha.

FM: I am yes

FM: It's like

FM: Seven in the evening

FM: You know I have no social life

LL: Oh goodie!

LL: That's what I love most about you~

LL: Always around.. ahem Anyways, so Aria got the package!!

FM: She said she was dealing with flooding?

FM: And so did I

LL: I think the water level went down so who knows? It's always flooding down there.

Ll: And awesomesauce! We can actually start, do you know if Bran had it installed it yet?

FM: I haven't messaged Bran yet but like

FM: I'll get back to you when I find out

LL: Sure no problem! Just wanted to check in and see if we're all ready to go~

LL: If you couldn't tell, I'm hecka excited!

FM: Same here! Hopefully Bran'll be onto me soon

LL: Lol, well I'll leave you to it, don't forget to bug me later. We gotta beat the rest of the crowd!

---lusciousLamb [LL] quit pestering freckledMelody [FM] at 13:13---

Go do something productive ==>

Mmmm. Well you could do something productive.. or you know. Not. In fact, the least most productive thing you could do is..

SQUAWK LIKE AN IDIOT AND SHIT ALL OVER YOUR COMICS AND TOOLS ==>

You shudder at the ludicrous notion of such a heinous act... And yet your desk beckons. Instead you go over to your desk and be the professional artist you are and procrastinate your webcomic series.
Image
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Legistration
Newbie
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:33 am
Contact:

Re: Homeward Bound

Post by Legistration » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:49 am

Be the blond haired kid ==>

You are Bran! Well you knew that. You daydream about a certain something, that you should be getting in about a few minutes. You watch your mailbox intently waiting for any signs of movement. You watch and watch until that glorious moment. The mail man. He arrives and he places the loot into your luxurious shiny white mailbox. Man, you really need to stop exaggerating, it's just a normal mailbox. You feel compelled to go down and get it, but like the procrastinator you are, you laze around until you feel compelled to grab it. You go back to your daydreaming. Then you realize what you need to do. You begin pestering Sage.

---icedAthletic [IA] began pestering freckledMedlody [FM] at 11:13---

IA: hey have you received the game yet?

FM: Yes, I just had a terrifying experience with a postman to get it

IA: what happened?

FM: It's a long story but to cut it short

FM: An Post set up this new system where like, when you're getting a package you have to satisfy the postman or he's entitled to eat your package

FM: So I made a lad tea at nine in the morning for this

IA: ...

IA: that's nice

FM: Mhm

FM: I imagine you want me to set up?

IA: not just yet, this rain has to let up because it's just too wet

FM: How much longer is it gonna rain?

IA: not sure but the forecast says its a monsoon so

FM: Oh

FM: That could mean like, all day right?

FM: Cause I'm pretty sure we don't have that kinda time

IA: i give it an hour

IA: it should calm down eventually

FM: If it doesn't calm down in an hour you're gonna have to brave it.

IA: yeah

IA: have you spoke to aria yet?

FM: Not yet no

IA: oh shame

IA: well when you get the game set up let me know

FM: I'll get installing now, but you don't need to link up til you're ready

FM: I'm gonna figure stuff out til then

IA: cool beans

IA: i'll see if i can get in contact with aria

IA: catch you later

FM: Okie, see ya

---icedAthletic [IA] quit pestering freckledMedlody [FM ] at 11:39---

You dirty, dirty liar. You know pretty dang well that it's not raining. You're just lazy. Oh well. You better grab that game while you still can.

User avatar
fitzyfoop
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Homeward Bound

Post by fitzyfoop » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:01 pm

It was early in the morning, mist sat low outside. Sage sat in the kitchen, a rare occurrence considering she’d perfected the art of speedy tea making, but this morning, she was expecting a package. An Post had recently changed their shipping practices, to something slightly less practical, yes, but much more interesting when you were ordering online. Letters would arrive through the letterbox, but packages were a different story.

Sage was on her third cup of tea, and trying to write something beautifully dissonant, when an eerie knock sounded down the hall. She froze, grabbed a post-it pad, and sprinted to the door, sliding like a baseball player, and sitting with her back to it. She scribbled onto the pad, “Lyons” on one half, and “Barrys” on the other. She slipped it through the letterbox. The side with “Lyon’s” written on it came back, the other half bitten off. “Sugar?” went out next, followed by one knock. “Milk?” was last, the pen going with it, the post-it coming back with a rough diagram of a tea cup with about a fifth of the cup filled with milk.

She ran back to the kitchen, the kettle already boiled. Tea bag, sugar, both drowned in water, made medium-strength, a fifth of the cup worth of milk. Slowly, the returned to the door, opened it a crack, and placed the cup outside, closing the door quickly but not quite slamming it to not wake her aunt. A quiet sip could be heard, followed by a sigh. “Cheers!” said a friendly voice, followed by a crunch. The tea cup would be missed. After five minutes, Sage opened the door, finding her package safe, postman nowhere in sight. She grabbed it, retrieved her things from the kitchen, and absconded to her room just as her aunt made her way down the stairs.

Several hours of waiting and writing later, she was messaged by her friend, Bran, for whom she would act as client player. She needed to inform Aria of his tardiness, though, and messaged her.

---freckledMelody [FM] began pestering maliciousMusician [MM] at 19:41---

FM: Hey Aria, Bran's gonna be delayed setting up his client so I'm gonna wait for him before I set up mine, too
FM: Is that okay with you?
MM: Yeah, that might be best. I'm having some minor natural disasters. I'm also going to be quite a bit delayed.
MM: Did Bran say what his issue was?
FM: Monsoon is what he said
FM: Something similar to you I'd imagine?
FM: Florida is a floody place right?
MM: Ah, you could correctly assume that. My swamp is rather prone to crocodile filled floods.
FM: So sharknado, but real, not a tornado, and full of crocodiles rather than sharks?
FM: Wait no that's nothing like Sharknado
FM: That sounds terrifying, though
MM: Well, I'm quite used to it. The hardest part is when they manage to get up over the railing when the water gets above the stilts.
FM: Used to it or not, it sounds stressful, like
FM: I'll see if I can figure out how being a server player works without, like, wrecking anything, and pass that onto you guys, though
FM: The game's installing now but taking its time
MM: Oh, for sure. I would recommend asking LL if you haven't already. She's got it up and ready.
FM: Ah! I will, so, thanks! And make sure to message me when you're ready to set up, yeah?
MM: You know it. Ahh, I have to go and fight some tarantulas. I'll be in touch, Sage.
FM: Good luck!
---freckledMelody [FM] stopped pestering maliciousMusician [MM] at 19:58---

With Aria pre-occupied, and Bran not ready to start, she turned to her computer, a green house, spinning slowly on the screen as she waited for the game to install. It wouldn’t be much longer, she hoped. It'd been over an hour already.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests