[RP] The Six Pillars

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

[RP] The Six Pillars

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:17 am

Silence.
Energy.
Fear.
Power.

Approaching the World’s summit, Erik was absolutely exhausted. His breathing deepened as he ascended the last flight of loose cobblestone steps, his fear of slipping from the permafrost increased. But when he took his next step, his foot sunk. “Quicksand...?” He thought, looking at leg in confusion. Continuing to climb, he felt other sensations such as burning, numbing, scalding and even fuzziness. After the entire ordeal was over, he looked up at the grand pagoda that was the Doutove Temple. Surrounded by the ruins of cottages and huts, the temple was made from a dark-coloured wood. Possibly teak. What interested Erik more was the gold inlay and inscriptions along the building, detailing myths and legends in a mysterious language that was nothing like General Script.

The pagoda’s four support beams were all made from four different rocks, which sparked Erik’s curiosity. Walking to the first pillar, he touched what felt like - and was - a column of green rick salt. “Water.” He muttered to himself, reading the carving on the beam. He then moved to the next beam: one made from a blue marble. Air. Then came fire, made from brimstone and finally red clay representing earth.

Exhausted, Erik slouched down on the pagoda’s steps, until he heard footsteps crunch on the leaves surrounding him. “Who might you be?”

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

I was ungraceful

Re: [RP] The Six Pillars

Post by I was ungraceful » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:22 am

Tunda walked up the summit, she didn't dare try to climb it because of all the loose stone, but her steel toed boots made quick work of the journey. She was freezing by the time she reached the pillars and covered in snow. Despite her shivering the Basmi girl continued to walk at a steady pace. She began to slow down as she came near so she could scan the area before approaching. There was a man, a Bolaren with curly black hair and a hatchet hanging from feathery clothing. She stops just outside the pillars lifting up her hands to show she didn't carry weapons, at least not in her hands.

"I'm not here to cause trouble. I'm a simple traveller. I hope you don't mind if I ask your profession?"She asked calmly though she was visually still shivering. She slowly inched forward almost unnoticeable towards him stopping in the middle of 2 just to get out of the harsh winds. She could still see most of his body from her distance from him she didn't know if she could take him but she was confident it wouldn't come to that.

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:40 am

“Well, do not be afraid little one.” Erik stepped forwards and out of the shadows, casting a view on his face. His flat nose and spaced-apart eyes made him slightly ugly, but nothing abnormal. He stepped towards the girl and smiled “I only have a hatchet I hack off stalks with. I’m a farmer... as you call them.” He looks at her in confusion and studies her “Never met a Basmi before, but I have heard about them. Forgive me... I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Erik. I’m from the Teren tribe in Bolaren. I take it you were like my Spiritmother: your dream told you to head to the Doutove Temple?”

As the wind howled between the two and throughout the decrepit huts, they saw the shadowy figure of another approaching person.

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

I was ungraceful

Post by I was ungraceful » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:15 pm

"Airi" Tunda replied with a fake name. She walked inside the temple, taking a moment to check her surroundings before deciding to stand only 4 steps away from the door towards the middle.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about. I came here simply to see if I could find something to steal my time, perhaps I have." The basmi spy carefully weaved her words, maybe too carefully. She gives a friendly smile and bows slightly, placing her hand over her belly.

"I'd appreciate it if you allowed me to aid you on this journey."

As the basmi girl finished her sentence a new man burst in to the temple but pauses at the door as he sees 2 people staring back at him. great, company.

"Would either of you happened to have come here because a dream told you?" He asked stepping into the temple and pulling down his hood. He kept his eyes on the big guy mostly as he walked over to the lightning pillar. Once there he'd wait for their answers then begin examing the lightning pillar.

"Any guesses what this is about?"

Orange Steel

Post by Orange Steel » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:09 pm

The sky was grey as the sun rays attempted to pierce the clouds. Winds blew flakes of snow across the path Foretio walked. He stopped for a moment, the cold chilling him to his bones. Slowly he exhaled, watching his warm breath turn to a small cloud and then get blown away. Foretio looked up to the mountain, the Temple just barley in view. It had become such a familiar sight in his dreams that he could almost have walked to it with his eyes closed. After a minute of rest he continued his climb up the mountain, the snow crackling beneath each step.

As he neared the entrance Foretio noticed 3 sets of prints wandering around the path to the Temple. Two were larger than the last, indicating that the group was made up of two men and a woman. The prints were of different ages, one nearly fully covered by the snow, another just starting to be covered, and the last very fresh. Foretio's hand slid slowly to his sword, pulling it from it's sheath. Step by step, he wandered closer to the entrance before he saw the three people in front of him. He hid behind a large boulder, one of many around the area, and peeked out from behind. There was a Basmi, a Bolarench, and a Firodite. It was very uncommon to see people of different races acting so calmly in the company each other. Foretio decided, against his better judgment, to greet them. He strode silently out from behind the rock and placed his sword back in it's sheath, though he still kept a hand on it. "So what brings you group here to the Doutove Temple? Was I not the only person to watch the dreams in my sleep?" He spoke with a smooth voice, but his wording was... Strange. It was how the Bamorefiese spoke.
Growing up I thought quicksand would be a much bigger problem than it turned out to be.

~J. Mulaney

Ellipsis

Post by Ellipsis » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:35 pm

The weather seemed particularly unforgiving that day. For, every breath Kateryne took, the harsh cold air seemed to assault her airways. For the moments she was able to catch her breath, she couldn’t see because of the snow threatening to make its way past her eyelashes. She had been traveling so long that mild pain began to settle in her shins and soles of her feet, and what felt like cold, prickly needles within her fingertips, although they were protected underneath dark wool gloves. The forest around her was silent now as she traveled, only the soft, wet sound of snow crunching below her dark leather boots. Kateryne took a moment to let her mind wander.

Absentmindedly, the grip on her longbow tightened as her ashen-grey eyes scanned the snow-laden forest floor for nothing in particular. She adored the cold months, unlike many others from her hometown Ndaled. There was something inviting about the Winter season that the other seasons couldn’t offer. Some would argue otherwise, but Kateryne had the tendency to be something of an anomaly at times, and she was okay with that. As it frequently did these days, her mind settled on the Doutove Temple. She had never visited, but had heard many stories about it during her youth. As with many items and traditions, stories were passed from generation to generation in the Bonvoisin family. Stories of the Doutove temple ranged from absolutely frightening, to enlightening, to times of joy. Kateryne’s brow furrowed at the thought of confronting a frightening scene – one like she’d heard many times from her father when he recounted his ancient tales.

To be completely honest, Kateryne wasn’t sure why she’d set out on this journey to the temple, or what she expected to find when she got there. She’d spent days traveling there, and weeks before then thinking and eventually dreaming about the temple. Finally, she found herself at the bottom of the steps that led to the very place that had plagued her thoughts. Having stopped to catch her breath, she sighed before she set her left foot on the step before her, but stopped just as quickly when she heard would must have been voices above.

Visitors?, she thought as she drew an arrow from the pack on her back. It was better to be safe than sorry. Her footsteps were light as she traveled up the stairs and eventually made it to a few meters from the World’s summit. Before her stood visitors indeed, but she couldn’t tell if they were hostile or friendly. Without a word, she stood with her arrow aimed at the others, should the unthinkable happen.

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:09 am

Avoiding the steps and traversing up sheet cliff faces, Wisetusk climbed her way to the Doutove summit. Bamorefia had taken control of the area a long time ago before they abandoned it from strange reasons. Nevertheless, they still float about it, sticking it on their maps with pride. Still, Doutove’s cliff faces were... unnaturally easy for her, as if they had been used by others before her. Heaving herself up the last rock, she spotted another woman near her. An Andrositan had her bow and arrow drawn at a distance, as if to fire at the nearby crowd of people if they stepped out of line. Wisetusk moves her weapon down, as if to suggest things are ok. “We are all here from the whispers, aren’t we? Then make peace with everyone.” She turns to look at the area around her, as if to survey any other potential companions. “Anyway, lets join the others. My name is Wisetusk. And yours?”

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon