[1x1](Toffolus) Inner Rebellion

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Killer Ice Cream

[1x1](Toffolus) Inner Rebellion

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:43 am

The brisk early morning was still mostly dark, though a bit of reddening morning light kissed just the edge of the magnificent horizon. Dark spindly shadows still reigned over the stony walls, however, as a covered cloth and wooden wagon pulled slowly in to the castle grounds. Beautiful chestnut and ebony colored mares huffed softly as they pulled next to the servant doors, drawing the attention of an old woman with her lantern.

Her crooked old arm raised the intricately crafted wire cage for fae lights to her wrinkled and tired face to get a better look at the man holding the reigns. He was young, but had a gruff demeanor and a permanent snarl on his face it seemed.

"State your business young man." The woman called out to him, reluctant to give away information without recieving any prudent bits of knowledge first. After all, it was the youngest princess's birthday today and any number of heathens in the Rebellion would love to ruin this day, if only to anger King Joseph.

"I have the package for the King, as requested. Where do you want 'im dumped?" The man grunted, stupidly chewing on a bit of straw with eyeing the woman with ill-concealed hostility. It was clear he did not want to be there, but the money must have been worth it for him to seeth so much without moving from the unwavering eye of the faithful servant before him.

"Leave the box in the stables, tell Harry Ethyl wants him ready by seven."

With a nod, the man heads to the gorgeous building where the animals were kept. The finely crafted woodwork glistening in the slowly growing light as they approached. Soon, the man stopped and hooked his cart to the side to open the back, where a solid wooden box with airholes sat. Silently he placed the metal mechanism on the bottom of the wooden cart, placing the metal rods so he could slide the box onto a rack with wheels for easier transport. As he slid the box down, he whispered, "This plan better work, Arten."

As it clicked into place, and the man set up the handle, he pushed it into the wide barn with a brisk and impatient walk.

Immediately a large man appeared around the side of the large doors, grunting. "I see you have another blasted mouth to feed there. Who sent you here?"

The coal haired man with the box said sharply, "It's a delivery for the King, and Ethyl wants 'im ready by seven. Care to sign for this?" He lifts a clipboard impatiently, his anxiety and discomfort growing rapidly.

After ink was set to paper and the man left, Harry, who undoubtedly this tall bronzed man was, taps the box gently with one hand while using the crowbar in the other to open the box. "Let's see what we got here."
YOU WILL DIE
Heathen strawberries!

Toffolus

Re: [1x1](Toffolus) Inner Rebellion

Post by Toffolus » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:45 am

Looking back on things: this plan wasn’t exactly the best idea. Arten wasn’t exactly the most polite person one could have, but he DID have a great record when it came to behaving well. He also wasn’t sure what exactly the king wanted to do with him, or what exactly the other members of the family would think. What if one fancied him? Arten shuddered at the thought, for he already had his eyes set on someone else. Despite this, he was actually enthusiastic in a way; serving the royal family would give him perks and secrets, which he could use against them. The crates had only a few air holes, so he spent most of the time in the dark, conversing with the coach driver. The topics ranged from “what exactly do you think the king’s favourite food is?” to “what species make the best slaves.”

Then, the cart stopped.
After hearing whispers from outside, he knew that a deal was being made. As he was lifted up, he thought of those he would leave behind, and whilst he wasn’t everyone’s friend, he had a few, and that’s what mattered most of all to him, anyway. He heard the crowbar hammer against the front of the fragile vessel, collapsing the side he was facing.

Arten, glad that his eyes weren’t just looking around in darkness for once (and that he could actually move his joints comfortably), scrambled out of the box brushing his mane against the roof of the crate. He looked at the two figures and slowly rose. Taller than the woman, but shorter than the man, he adjusted his posture to seem less scraggly. “My name is Arten. If you show me the way to the King, it will be greatly appreciated. And don’t order me around. Only he can tell me what to do.”
Please join my roleplays I need recognition.

Killer Ice Cream

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:18 am

The older woman had silently followed the driver with his cart, and now was tsking softly at the scraggly sight stepping out of the thick wooden box. Her voice was much softer now towards the slave than the driver before, though still very distinct. "That's all well and good, but you can't go before any royalty looking like that." She turned curtly to a nearby stall that had been refurbished to hold shelves, and hummed an old tune as she slipped inside. "I'll be right back with proper attire for a slave at a royal celebration, Harry will show you where to clean up." Ethyl called before briskly stepping through the simple crafted door.

Harry was silent for the most part, grunting directions about a towel and soap before opening another similar stall and pointing at a small but clean shower. "I'm sure you can clean yourself. If it helps your ego the King wants you cleaned up and spiffy to meet your new master." He says nothing more on the matter, dismissing it with a wave of large hands while standing across the barn watching Arten before he goes into the stall.
YOU WILL DIE
Heathen strawberries!

Toffolus

Post by Toffolus » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:49 am

Arten grabbed the bar of soap and started to lather himself with it. The shower was quite warm, which was a welcome sensation compared to the cold baths he dealt with on the regular. He grabbed a nearby pole and tied the soap bar to it, so he could properly scrub his dangly legs. “I wonder if those two are slaves? Or at least WERE.” He asked himself, rinsing himself off. After drying himself off, he grabbed a container of a reddish wax, opening it and grabbed a wad of the substance, rubbing it in his mane, glistening it.

After he finished grooming himself, Arten tied the towel around his waist and went into the dressing area, choosing some attire that closely resembled what he previously wore: a sack and a loincloth. Of course, the clothes were much more elegant than what he previously wore, so he opted for a silk robe that dangled to his knees, as well as a pair of trousers that sagged from age. After he was ready, he went back to Harry and the lady. “What now?”

Killer Ice Cream

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:16 pm

Harry was gone when Arten got out, and only Ethyl was left to stand and watch him. She didn't quite smile, but she had changed into something a bit more proper than before as well. "Now you meet the king." She said simply, gesturing for him to follow her as she opened a different door from the one Arten rolled in from, this one leading into a small hallway with guards. They stand silently, staring at Arten and Ethyl as they enter before she requests entrance with Arten as a new royal slave.

They only open the door, their steely helmets providing little differentiation to the stony walls and grey carpets of the short hallway. Ethyl leads him into another several hallways, adorned with red carpets and large menacing portraits of old royalty and nobility, every one of them human.

As they walk, she talks quietly to him without expecting responses. "You are very lucky. If his Highness decides you are a good fit, you will serve his daughter as a loyal companion. She gets lonely, you see, since the King refuses to let her leave the castle without him, and most of the outings he takes bore her endlessly."

It would have been clear here that Ethyl was not talking about the famous royal daughter Elizabeth, since she has been seen on multiple occasions away from her father in the kingdom. She could only be talking about Madeline, the rarely seen daughter meant to become the general of her sister's army one day. She also was King Joseph's favorite by a clear mile despite Elizabeth being his successor.

After her small rant, the rest of their small walk was in silence aside from Ethyl speaking to guards about Arten's status when they pass by. Gradually the hallways become cleaner, and less menacing, for the royalty that undoubtedly walk these very halls every day. It was of course more decorated than normal, royal pink and cream colored streamers danced in neat wave patterns all down the walls while little balloons the size of tennis balls hung on to shiny sand-filled weights on every side table they passed.

Finally they come to the largest set of double doors yet, the solid oak wood carved with masculine lions and centaurs battling to the death. An ancient language was written at the top, it's meaning likely long forgotten. Ethyl stands by the wall by the younger of the two guards, both of whom have far more elegant armor than the first two they had seen.

She waves her arm for him to enter, finally speaking once more. "You have to enter on your own, the King should be almost ready."
YOU WILL DIE
Heathen strawberries!

Toffolus

Post by Toffolus » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:40 am

Looking back and forth at the portraits, Arten was... scared. Each person in the family he read about. They were conquerers, slavers, tyrants... except for a few that he knew cared about the people outside the kingdom. He also studied the guards, standing opposite eachother in the hallway. “These guys probably get paid thousands.” He said to himself. When Ethyl told him about the position he might hold, he realised that she was referring to the king’s younger daughter, Madeline. He first heard of Madeline from a group of teenager hooligans who seemed to like her a bit too much. And since they harassed him, Arten laced their drinks with a mild poison.

Stepping into the “party section” Arten thought that it was odd that there were more guards in the darker sections than in this one. Maybe they were to keep intruders discovering the king’s soft spot for his daughters. Or... maybe they were to keep the daughter OUT of the portrait room...

Coming at the door of the final room, Arten recognised the language to be of a race that intergrated with other, more common races. After hearing that he had to go in alone. He gently pushed the doors wide open and walked in, marvelling at the sight that beheld him

Killer Ice Cream

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:21 pm

The room he stepped into was clearly the ballroom, the high arched ceiling had intricate and gorgeous engravings of dancing people and beautiful musical instruments. The huge windows had a gorgeous view of the forest below the castle hill on one side, and the farmland beyond that. The actual town was not in the direction the windows were facing, but a mural of what looked like windows overlooking the town on a sunny day was on the opposite wall of the real windows.

The red dawn light filtered in on the scene of several servants and slaves alike scurrying about the room with decorations and tables for light snacks during the celebration. The king was sitting in his throne for the celebration, overseeing the work. A slave came up to Arten, a dark green female Urchant as well, and wordlessly gestured for him to follow her to the foot of the King's throne where she kneeled and motioned for him to do the same.

When he notices them, King Joseph eyes Arten up and down. His chestnut dark hair and black eyes were instantly menacing as he sized him out, clearly understanding who this newcomer was at once, the rather expensive slave he just bought. "What is your birth name, slave? And I don't mean the one your previous master gave you, unless that is all you know."
YOU WILL DIE
Heathen strawberries!

Toffolus

Post by Toffolus » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:49 pm

Entering through the door, Arten immediately marvelled in the ballroom’s grandiose. He particularly loved the mural on the side of the wall, almost forgetting that he was here to hate this man. As he was looking at the scenery through the real windows, an Urchant approached him. She had darker skin, which signified that her ancestors lived in deeper, darker waters than his. Following her led Arten to the king. Joseph appeared menacing, to no surprise, and asked him of his name.
“My name is Arten, your highness and I wish that you refer to me as such. Might I ask of you my first instruction.”

Killer Ice Cream

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:04 am

Joseph made a grunting sound, almost similar to laughter. His bejeweled hand rested on the arm of his chair as he stood. "You have spunk, that's good. So does my daughter. Your first instruction, as you put it, is to keep her company. You will be one of her birthday presents, as today she turns sixteen. You will listen to her, and her every command, save for a handful of rules you must listen to above all else or you face severe punishment, possibly death."

He paused to let the information sink in, watching Arten's facial features carefully. His reaction here will mean everything. "One," He raised his index finger. "You must never let her leave this castle without my permission. Two," He raised his middle finger. "You must keep her away from any areas with a red handle on the door. They are locked at all times, but she has been known to pick locks on her own. Three," He raised his ring finger. "You are responsible for her safety now, along with the guards. Any harm that comes to her will be replicated onto you. Four," He raised his pinky. "You must never tell her what my kingdom is like outside of these walls unless you lie or sugar coat it. She is happy, and I wish to keep her this way." He puts his fingers down and leans in close. "Do you understand, Arten?"

A tall four post bed sat in the center of a slowly brightening bedroom, the cracked open window filtering light and the still slightly cool morning air. An elderly woman enters the room, a handmaiden with a firm smile and soft hands. She closes the window with click, and calls softly to the crumpled form in the beautiful blue bed. "Melinda, it's time to wake up. Happy birthday."

Warm...
It was way too warm again, and Melinda flailed a bit, fighting with the thick covers. "Ugh..." She definitely didn't want to get up though, until Harriet said the magic two words. That's right, it is my birthday! I'm sixteen today!

She squeals unexpectedly and launches out of bed, slipping into her soft fuzzy slippers and startling Harriet. "Good morning Harriet! Is my outfit ready yet?" The handmaiden smiles, moving towards the closet to open it, revealing a large garment bag. "Yes, your new birthday dress just came in this morning."

Melinda's cheery smile becomes a groan and her lean body flops back onto the bed, the covers floating upwards and mussing her hair. "But Harriet! I wanted my birthday outfit this year to have a new pair of trousers!"

Harriet clicks her tongue softly, shaking her head with a corner of her mouth tipped up into a smile. "You know the rules Your Highness, when company comes you must wear a dress. It's tradition."

Melinda grumbles, rolling out of bed again and glaring at the incoming sunshine. "Screw the rules! Dresses are so annoying."

Harriet laughs softly, a dry and unexpected sound that draws Melinda's attention. "Just come and get ready for your bath, Your Highness."
YOU WILL DIE
Heathen strawberries!

Toffolus

Post by Toffolus » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:39 am

Listening to the king’s demands, Arten grew a tad nervous. He couldn’t tell the girl anything that he wanted to tell her... unless he told her the PARTIAL truth. He also noticed the king’s affection to his daughter, which he admired, but considering that he’s sheltering his own daughter, Arten found this not only manipulative, but obsessive as well.
“Mind if I ask what the names of the servants here are? I should get to know who i’ll Be working with.” He smiles.