[1x1](Toffolus) Inner Rebellion

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Killer Ice Cream

Re: [1x1](Toffolus) Inner Rebellion

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:06 am

She nods, not thinking too much of what the other jobs coukd have entailed. "I hope it's everything you dreamed of, Arten." Her face was earnest as he got up to grab a tray of food.

Melinda giggles, watching him tear into the fish wafer with gusto. "Thank you Arten, but I think you can have the fish cookies, since you like them so much. I would like a sweet roll though." She says sunnily, gingerly picking up the soft and sugary confection and biting into it with a sigh of pleasure, happily licking her fingers for every drop of sweetness.

"So how long have you been a servant?" She says casually once the first bite was swallowed.
YOU WILL DIE
Heathen strawberries!

Toffolus

Post by Toffolus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:53 am

At the question, Arten hesitated for a while, but carried on “Born into it I guess. Never had much memory of Mum and Dad. Foster mother was a former slave herself. After a few years, I met a fellow slave whom I fell in love with. Shame her owner took her away.” He sighed, slightly distraught. “Still, I’m trying to look for her. Thought she was here. Anywhere, where was I?” He refills his glass, this time with wine. “After my latest master died, your father’s workers saw me on the streets. And the rest you know.”
He yawned as darkness coated the windows. Had night come so soon? He wanted to make today good for the princess, but tomorrow, he would investigate.
Please join my roleplays I need recognition.

Killer Ice Cream

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:22 am

Her eyes rolled back during his explaination while she took another bite of her sweetroll, as if to try and hide her surprise. Though she knew Arten and the other creatures were slaves, very rarely did she get to hear the ugly, truthful word come from anyone's lips but her own. She swallowed slowly to buy time for clear thoughts, and soon she could reply to the deep things he had revealed. Out of further thought, she decided to only address the last subject he brought up as if to further seal in her ignorance of the matter. "Well I hope you find your love, it is a big castle after all." Melinda smiles, finishing her roll before the bell was heard for dinner.

She stands up, and looks to him to finish his wine before they headed into the dining hall for dinner. As her new present, he would eat by her side in public eye for this one occasion. Any time after he would eat with the others in their breakrooms or his bedroom when she wasn't able to dine with him in her room.

The dinner was lively, the nobility chattered amongst themselves in high spirits over a five course meal. Melinda mostly spoke to Arten and the King, who were on opposite sides of her while Elizabeth sat between their father and her new apparent boyfriend Edward Ericson.

After all was said and done, despite only eating a small amount of each plate set before her Melinda was beyond full. She was very glad when the plates stopped coming, and practically fled upwards to her room away from the noise.

She sat with Arten, still in her huge dress, for a little while in her room before it was time to sleep. Her blue and white bedroom was filled with boxes and new items she had requested to put away herself tomorrow, and the soft couch was the only place that was free of stuff. "You know, I would be perfectly happy with one course meal." Melinda groaned, patting her thin stomach for effect.
YOU WILL DIE
Heathen strawberries!

Toffolus

Post by Toffolus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:51 am

Finishing up the wafers, Arten heard Melinda say something about his love: “It’s a big castle after all.”
”She’s not in the castle... I think...” Arten thought to himself, his happy expression turning slightly sour.

As dinner commenced, he happily chowed down with the royals, whilst observing the princess and her boyfriend. Something about the two seemed off, like they were familiar to him. “But I can’t think of what.” He accidentally muttered to himself. Luckily nobody heard him. Also across the table was Irene, who took her mask off just to eat. She winked at him with a flirty smile. Arten responded by blowing a kiss, although he didn’t mean it.
After dinner, he walked back into his room, and lied down on the bed, wondering how he would fulfill his mission.
——
Muffled screaming. A sound he had heard too many times.
Arten slowly scrambled out of bed, wearing a gown to cover himself. He followed the howls around until he got into an open room. There, he saw what appeared to be one guard firing magic at a slave. The latter was on the ground howling, almost deteriorating into a black shadow of a person.
“Mimic...” Arten said quietly. He then looked at the torturer. Humans couldn’t use magic, and considering the guards consisted of humans, this was a criminal intruder.
Arten went to move to save the mimic when a guard stopped the intruder. He took him outside where another guard walked in and began to continue the torture. This time physically. “Sorry, but you DID attempt to steal from the king.” The guard told the mimic.
“Wasn’t that punishment enough?”
“The intruder will be punished for HIS crime, you will be punished for yours.”
Arten went back to bed, hoping to never wake up in the night again.

Killer Ice Cream

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:26 pm

Ripping Velcro and squeaking new leather broke the room's silence as she strapped on her new gear for that day's training. Her eyes wandered to the early morning light coming from her large window, and stretched languidly before clopping happily down to knock on Arten's door. "Hey Arten, I have a training day today so you are mostly on your own. Sorry about that, but I will see you for dinner! Maybe you can have breakfast and lunch with the other servants today. See you later." She chatters chipperly, bouncing back up the stairs with eager strides.
YOU WILL DIE
Heathen strawberries!

Toffolus

Post by Toffolus » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:38 pm

After hearing his master’s statement, Arten walked into the servant mess hall, and joined the table with the mimic. Suddenly he had an idea.
“Psst.” He whispered to the mimic “I have a plan to get revenge on the king for last night.” Arten grabbed a pile of unidentifiable mush and began chowing down on it. With the familiar taste of roe in his mouth, he concluded that the king fed the servants scraps. He then beckoned Jewel, who was sitting next to a lamia servant, to come to his table. Arten also saw the vampire from earlier and called him to sit with him.

Killer Ice Cream

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:46 am

The mimic, in it's natural state since the collar on it's neck prevented transformation without an order, was quite interested in Arten's Idea even though the lack of facial features made it difficult to discern it's emotions.

Silently the crew made their way over to Arten, eyebriws raised and shushes at the ready in case their new friend saw fit to cause trouble.
YOU WILL DIE
Heathen strawberries!

Toffolus

Post by Toffolus » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:16 am

As the crew assembled, Arten drew something in the food; a symbol of sorts. Jewel recognized it as the resistance symbol, who told the others in whispers. Eating the food to remove evidence, Arten handed each servant a piece of paper. Reading it, it came with a list of symbols with a letter underneath. It didn't take a genius to realize that this was code. Arten had a plan, but he needed to learn some things about the guards and routines. What were behind the red handled doors? Were they exits? Or did they contain incriminating details the king wanted to hide?

"So how did you guys get here?" He asked the three, swallowing another spoonful of food. "I mean... where did you come from? Or do you guys not want talk about it?" He looked at a few of the guards, one of them looked at Jewel's friend from the distance. He seemed to have a weaker posture compared to the others, as if he was hired a few days ago. Arten saw this man had a soft spot... maybe he could get a friend from the inside.

Killer Ice Cream

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:21 am

The servants around the table quickly folded the papers and put them away, hoping they hadn't attracted any attention. The mimic leaned towards Arten, hearing some of his thoughts and opened a private thought channel. 'The red door handles are complicated, and dangerous. I've never entered one myself, but I have heard the guards talking about a newbie who went in one and never came out. I've never heard any thoughts from inside them.' The mimic's head voice was light and tinny, like a female might sound.

The lamia looked over where Jewel went, a little confused but shrugged it off and continued eating. The guard that had been staring at the lamia turned his head when he noticed Arten looking at him, and if Arten looked close he would see a faint blush before his expression resumed it's stony composure.

At his question, Jewel shook her head slowly. The expression on her face suggested the story would be too painful. Julian grunted, leaning forward on his elbows in a gruff sort of manner. "Same as any other Vampire that's captured I suppose. Attacked within an inch of my life, then tortured with sunlight and starvation until I cry for mercy or die. When I called for mercy they healed me up and sold me off. It's degrading."

The mimic was quiet for a long time, seemingly lost in thought.
YOU WILL DIE
Heathen strawberries!

Toffolus

Post by Toffolus » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:04 am

”Good to know. I should investigate myself. Plan is that we find an exit and convince a guard to let us go.” Arten told the mimic with his thought channel, smirking. He saw Jewel struggle to tell her story, so he thought it would be better for him NOT to find out. As for Julien’s story, he chuckled. “Can’t see YOU as a fighter.” Patting the vampire’s back, Arten stood up and walked towards the guard “See you have a crush on her.” He guestured to the Lamia. “I can help you, if you wish.”