Thieving Hearts [Trooper FN-86]

Veilstar
Gold

Re: Thieving Hearts [Trooper FN-86]

Post by Veilstar » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Arnice smiled a little when she received a little praise from Jack for doing what he told her to do. It was weird, the warm feeling flowing through her body at the idea of making Jack happy. This line of thought made the Dirvas blush which she hid by keeping her hood low and head lower. They both knew the instant she said those words life wouldn't be easy. They'd have constant challenge. For most that was a good thing because as far as she knew a boring life wasn't for either of them. For a split second the wolf let her worry get to her and she embraced the pirate rather tightly. The worry in those silver orbs of her was quite clear as she gazed up at him. This was the man she chose, the one she chose to take her and make happy for the rest of her life. There was a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach at the idea of the intentionally throwing himself into danger.

" We'll be fine. I'm sure the two of us will be alright. Stealing is new to us but it can't be to hard right? Just grab what's valuable and get out without being caught. I'm more worried about you...I can't lose you...after I just found you..." Arnice spoke softly with that old wise tone to her voice as she squeezed Jack for a second. Then she quickly let go so they wouldn't be caught or anything like that. The young wolf turned to her friend who was being watchful of the area around them to make sure it was safe. She was thankful to have a friend like her looking out for her happiness. A sigh left her lips thinking about how happy she was last night. His scent filling her nose as he held her crown in his hands. The Dirvas was honeslty excited for the life ahead of them together.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Jack was slightly caught off guard by the sudden hug from his disguised beloved. The look in her eyes showed her worry for him almost as much as her words. He squeezed her gently before she moved back, an attempt to calm the dirvas slightly undercut by the length. It made sense their hug was short, they were literally next to a crime lords headquarters, but he would still liked it to last a little longer.

"All I have to do is run. I've been doing it my entire life, and after this that's all we'll do for a while. Your father will no doubt have every army and bounty hunter he can muster hunting me after this." Jack said. While he wasn't sure that would be the case he figured it was more likely than not. After all, when everything is said and done everyone in Vasair would believe he had orchestrated some of the boldest heists in history and kidnapped the countries soul heir. Only a madman would insist on keeping Jack around with so much heat in him.

"We better get going. I'll meet you back here as soon as I can. I swear." He said, staring directly into Arnice's silver eyes as he did before starting down the ally for the palace. He would live through this, he would get her to safety, and no army could ever dream of stopping him.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:50 pm

Arnice had to fight every instinct in her body to not allow herself to hug Jack again as he spoke. She wanted nothing more than for their hug to last longer but it was to dangerous. Even after this they'd have to be careful and run straight for the border in order to get away. The young wolf smiled as Jack assured her that things would be fine and he'd meet her back their as soon as he could. She took a few deep breaths as she watched the man walk away and hurry towards the palace district. With that the ashen haired woman turned to her friend who she promptly thanked for everything she's done thus far. Of course Felicia said it was a pleasure to help her friend be happy and ushered the two of them along.

With that done the two girls quickly hurried off towards the auction house that Krush assigned them to. Hopefully it wouldn't be to difficult to get what they had to and just get out. Of course they'd be watched like a hawk by some orc named Longtooth. The streets were filled with all sorts of people that caused the wolf to watch each and every one of them with wonder. Being the first time walking the streets of her city it was reasonable that she would be shocked by some stuff.

Soon enough they arrived at their destination and made it to the spot they were supposed to wait." I hope nothing happens to Jack...I can't thank you enough Felli for helping me with all of this."

" Its no problem like I said before, I'm happy to help you pursue what you want most in the world." The two girls continued to converse a little bit as they waited for Longtooth. For a while they started discussing their plans and agreed that the maid couldn't stay in the city after this. It was decided that after the two left that she would strike out on her own to travel and learn about magic. Why deny your birth when you could use it to do so much good and lesrn so much about it?

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:08 pm

As quickly as he could Jack made his way through the alleys and side streets towards the palace district. He was thinking about how he would draw the guards attention without seeming to eager for them to fallow, when the problem solved itself. Marching down from the palace was a large group of guards, and leading this force was the Prince Jack had bested in combat the night before, now sporting his most regal uniform. If he were to guess, the king had promised this bafoon Arnice's hand if he could find her. Knowing the Prince was eager to settle their score so Jack waited, and soon enough the Prince recognized him.

"It's him...the pirate that took my betrothed. Capture him at once!" He yelled as he drew his sword. Jack simply smiled and bolted towards the first target...The bank.

---
Meanwhile the docks shook slightly as Longtooth marched for the auction house. Unlike his brother Longtooth was about as stereotypical an orc as anyone could imagine. His large, mostly unarmored physique made all around him seem puny by comparison. The only unique features in him were various scars and his tusks, which were more defined than an average orcs. His were far sharper and larger than normal, hence his namesake. As the green skined behemoth reached his destination he looked around as subtlety as an orc could until he saw the ladies. He approached them and spoke louder than he should have, but not enough to raise suspicions.

"You the new recruits? Name's Longtooth. I've been told to watch your backs, so that's what I'm gonna do."

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:07 am

Arnice was the only one that heard the orc coming but still kept chatting with Felicia unsure it was him or not. The two discussed a few more ideas about what happens if they get caught and what each of them would do. Longtooth's loud voice had a different for each of them, Arnice simply cringed from how loud it was, Felli was just startled. They each turned to face the large being with Felli bowing to him out of respect. She might've been acting like a thief but she still had her quirks about showing respect to everyone." That we are. Names Annysia and this is my partner Ciel. Any idea where we'll find the high valued stock in their?" Arnice spoke with a fearless tone of voice as she grinned but refused to look up at the orc. Mainly to hide the fact of who she was at the moment.

The wolf knew she had to be careful because she was sure that by now her father would have a picture of her all over the city. Guards and nobles would be wind ring the streets looking to save her from whoever stole her away. In their mind if they found her they'd sweep her away and bring them home, with the wolf offering herself as reward. Foolish men didn't know that someone had already taken her heart and that she was willing to do anything in order to be with him. Through out this whole little exchange Felicia just stood a bit stunned and in awe of the large creature. Her eyes looked him over with curiosity, besides Krush this was only the second orc she met, well it's was the same for Arnice.

Felli was a bit more intrigued by him though and wonder a bit more about the orcish race. She brushed a bit of dark hair from her face before looking around. It was normal to be a bit nervous after she had just been staring at him for a few minutes without saying anything." It's nice to meet you Longtooth. I'm looking forward to working with you." Felicia spoke earnestly trying to recover a bit from her rude behavior a moment ago.

Trooper FN-86
Member+

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:55 pm

Longtooth looked confused. He wasn't the thieves, why would he know where the good stuff was? Krush did say they were new, might be their first job. That would explain why they were acting so nice to him. Most thieves didn't want to talk at all.

"Stockroom? Lockboxes? I dunno, that's not my my job. I just stab the old man and anyone inside if they cause trouble. Then I stab them anyways when were done. Not enough orc suspects to leave them be. Least that's what Krush says."

He responded after a moment of contemplation.

________

Jack was starting to get a little winded, but the constant shouting and clanking of armor behind him gave him the necessary boost of energy he needed. He was now in the residential district, the guard hot on his tail with more joining every moment. He passed his next target, the Ashwood manor, and from the corner of his eye he thought he could see a small group waiting for the wave of guards to pass.

Cocky group, hope they don't blow it. Jack thought as he took a hard right through an alley towards the next location. Only 6 more to go, then he's done with Krush, Gallaya, Vasair, and could start a better life with Arnice.