Thieving Hearts [Trooper FN-86]

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Faelight

Re: Thieving Hearts [Trooper FN-86]

Post by Faelight » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Time went by as the wolf and her companions had nice, warm drinks that kept them happy and drunk. Arnice had a low tolerance and thus was pretty much drunk from the first drink. Her cheeks were flushed bright red as she downed another and laughed happily. The friends she had acquired seemed to quite enjoy her presence and attitude towards life. This young woman showed a life about her they hadn't seen in ages, curiosity and an adventurous flame.

Licking her small lips she took another drink as someone walked into the Inn."Papa I'm home! There was a small commotion up at the palace so it took me awhile to get home!" A young woman with raven black hair exclaimed as she yawned loudly from a long days work. The large man behind the counter smiled happily as he patted his daughter on the shoulder. Her gazed moved over towards the small crowd and she stood a bit shocked. That outfit....that was the one she had gotten Arnice as a gift?

"Arnice is that you my friend? What in the world brings you here? Shouldn't you be home?"

"Ffeeeellllliiii come drrrrink wiiitthhh me! I'm trrrraaaavvvelling to Darcsen! Foooorr thooosse pickled pea-peaches!"

"Arnice why don't we go for a walk okay? Some fresh air will do you some good" The two went back and forth a little bit until the young woman named Felicia held her friend up as they left. Her intention was to take the sweet wolf back home and into her own bed. In the chaos earlier the princess must've escaped and decided to get drunk or something. Her breath reeked of the sweet mead her father served his patrons. Arnice could barely even walk on her at the moment, how on Earth did she plan to get home like this!?
PRAISE THE GOD DAMN GAY OWL SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:55 pm

As Jack got closer and closer to the Inn his heart seemed to grow heavier and heavier. He dreaded telling his beloved they had to stay...to see her ears droop with disappointment. There were so many questions she would ask...and so far he didn't have any answers. He wasn't sure what they were going to do, but they were going to do it together, hopefully that would be enough.

He came over the last hill, and could see the door of the inn opening, and two people stepping out into the streets. One was incredibly drunk, barely able to stand, the other was trying their hardest to keep the drunk on their feet. It took jack a moment to realize the drunk was Arnice, and once he did he stopped in his tracks. What happened while he was gone? Why was she so drunk she could hardly stand? Did Krush have anything to do with this? Whatever was going on he needed to get Arnice back, or risk losing her forever.

He wasn't sure who was with the princess. It could be one of Krush's thugs, a palace guard, or some friendly bar patron trying to help her out. Being cautious, Jack approached the pair stealthily, pulling one of throwing knives out just in case. "Excuse me...Do you need any help with her?" He said, getting close enough to attack in case this was an enemy.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Faelight

Post by Faelight » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:52 am

Arnice was being quite a pain the more they walked away from the Inn. Saying something about Darcsen and honey pickled peaches? Felicia simply sighed and continued walking with the wolf girl in hand. She had to get her friend back to the palace before her father knew she was gone. It was also going to be a pain to hide the fact that his daughter had gotten drunk. For she was certainly going to be hung over and be in an even fouler mood than usual. Which wasn't good as she was prone to biting people when pissed off. The young raven header maiden was caught off guard a little when a handsome young man offered some help.

"I'm quite alright. My friend just got a little drunk. Her father is very protective. Guess she got a little wild." Felicia explained to the man as she stopped for a moment. Carrying her friend was quite the burden but she couldn't get anyone else Involved. Anyway the man looked like the wrong sort to get help from, he might be handsome but he had the look of a rouge about him. Just when she was about to leave the wolf called out towards the man saying Jack? Did...did Arnice know this man..? The young maid looked a bit confused as she looked the man up and down a few times.

"Jaaaaccckk! I...I haaad a driiiiiinnkk. The niiice people in the innnn bought them fooorrr me!" Arnice exclaimed as she gazed towards the man she liked with a drunken smile. It was obvious the wolf was completely hammered but she recognised her love. Thanks to the mead flowing through her system her thought drifted to unsavory topics. One that would likely give her father a heart attack if he ever knew what she was thinking.

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:36 am

"I can see that..." Jack said with a laugh as he looked at the drunken mess before him. Though she could barely stand the white wolf was still adorable with her wide, drunken smile and slurred speech. He couldn't help but smile at the thought of her hangover she would have tomorrow. But at least she enjoyed herself tonight.

As he spoke he looked over at the woman holding the Dirvas up straight. She was a fair maiden looking jack over with distrust and confusion in her eyes. Jack was all too familiar with that look, he recived it often, but she seemed to genuinely care about the woman she was holding up. Keeping his guard up Jack smiled and spoke to the raven haired maiden.

"...We meet earlier this evening. My name is Jack, and I know exactly who she is. The question is...do you?" He quickly looked around for any of Krush's ears or palace guards before continuing. "Perhaps we should speak inside where it's more private. I have a room close to the main hall."

Faelight

Post by Faelight » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Arnice was proving difficult again as she kept trying to pull away for some reason. Felicia didn't let go of her friend though and made sure to keep her close. She didn't really like the look of this rougish fellow and didn't trust him with her friend. No matter the wolf girl seemed very happy to see him and kept trying to go to him, her squirming making a bit harder to hold her up. T'was a good thing the young wolf weighed so little or else she might be in trouble. What the man said next was a real surprise as he claimed to know who her friend was.

Just as she was about to speak again the man suggested they go somewhere more private. He had a room in the very same Inn that she just walked Arnice out of. Were they staying together at her family Inn? The raven haired maiden nodded as she follows behind the man carrying her friend."Jaaaacck. Thiiss...thhiiiss isssss my friiieeenndd Felli. She's...shesss my beessttt friend." Arnice slurred with a happy drunken smile as she hugged Felicia. Which the young maid repsonded with a small pat on the head, to which she knew her feeeiend loved.

The two slowly followed the man back into the Inn which caused the maid's father to raise an eyebrow. She offered a small smile and helped Jack get Arnice up the stairs as the wolf waved to her friends. They shouted hellos and what not to the girl named Arnice as they gulped down mead. Once they were inside Felicia set the wolf down onto the bed and asked her to stay. The wolf just held a drunken smile as she beckoned her man over to give her a hug." Alright...how do you know who Arnice is? She's supposed to be in the castle sleeping but when I came home I found her drunk with the local drinkers. I'm Felicia, I'm Arnice's personal maid." The raven haired maiden stated as she eyed the two up and down trying to figure out what was going on.

Arnice just kept smiling at Jack, letting her hood down and letting her tail sway about. It was safe since they were in their room and her mind knew it was alright. All the wolf wanted was to play with her Jack for a bit as her mind was happily drunk.

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:29 pm

As Arnice was lead back through the inn Jack looked at her drinking companions. None of them seemed to be the type to work for Krush, but he couldn't be sure. He couldn't worry about that now though. He had a drunken princess and her 'best friend' to deal with.

Once they were in the room and the door was shut Arnice was dropped onto the bed. She dropped her disguise and opened her arms, seemingly beckoning the pirate into her arms. He went to stand near her but, for the time being, ignored her call. Pleasing her drunken whims had to come second to resolving the current situation.

He nodded as the maid introduced herself. So this was the Felicia who told Arnice of the honey pickled peaches, her friend and personal maid. "Pleased to meet you. Arnice spoke highly of you...before she started drinking." Jack said as he considered how to approach this situation. It was her duty to bring Arnice back home and turn Jack in. He couldn't lie, the drunken wolf would surely spill the beans and the maid would trust him even less. The best course of action was honesty. Hopefully her friendship with the princess was stronger than her loyalty.

"Before I tell you how I know her, you must promise to keep an open mind..."

Faelight

Post by Faelight » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:03 pm

While drunk Arnice didn't enjoy being ignored and would get what she wanted one way or another. So before anyone could say anything else the wolf leaped up and wrapped herself around Jack. Gently she started nuzzling her cheek into his chest to show she wouldn't be ignored. It seemed the young wolf was an attention seeker when she was drunk. Now having trapped the man in her hug she was smiling even more. Of course the woman was oblivious to what was going on at the moment.

Seeing her friend act in such a way towards the man caused Felicia to raise an eyebrow. The wolf seemed happy simply to nuzzle her cheeks against him. It was rare to ever see her smiling or showing any real affection towards anyone. Was this simply an effect of being drunk or did she...like this man." It means a lot to hear that she spoke of me in such a way. I'm the only one at that palace that cares for what she wants. Arnice is such a beautiful woman, seeing her sad ripped me apart." Felicia spoke with a tone that would hint at her true feelings for the wolf. Only if Jack was observant enough.

A smile crossed the raven haired maid's lips as she nodded to what the man said about keeping an open mind. Her eyes moved between the girl and the man she was hugging, a small idea forming in her mind." I think I understand....Arnice has finally...chosen someone. Please do continue though.." Felli said with a slight pain in her voice, having a small hope she'd chose her.

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Jack stumbled slightly as the wolf girl pounced upon him. Once he regained his footing the drunken woman had clung herself upon him, a large smile on her face as she nuzzled his chest. Jack simply put his arm around her as her grip tightened, happy to have her with him...but found himself in an awkward position with the maid. Seeing the princess wrap herself around this stranger would be an odd sight for any palace staff, probably more do with personal maids.

She said only positive things but her voice had a hint of sadness and pain. Perhaps their friendship was something more to the raven haired maiden? If that was the case the position they were in now was even more awkward, and the next step that much more difficult. A jilted lover would be greatly tempted to rid herself of competition.

"Yes, She has chosen. She has chosen a theif. The man she meet while he stole her crown." He said, keeping eye contact with Felicia as he did.

Faelight

Post by Faelight » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Arnice smiled and laughed happily as she felt Jack wrap an arm around her. Even after getting her hug the wolf didn't let go, she hugged him tighter and nuzzled a little more. The wolf's ears would tickle the man's chin and neck as she continued nuzzling. Her eyes stared up at him with an almost childlike innocence to them. She was simply happy to have a hug and such a thing was normally rare for her." Jjaaaccckkk stttoolllee my...heaarrtt!" Arnice shouted as a fit of laughter left her lips as she squeezed the man even tighter. This whole scene was making a strange feeling swell up in the young maid. It wasn't jealously or anything like that, it was joy to see her dear friend so happy.

" I've never seen her so happy before...I can see you mean a lot to her...as she once told me...station doesn't matter to her. Sir Jack...May I make a request? Take care of her...for me please. You don't need to worry about me turning you in...all I want is for sweet Arnice to be happy...and it seems she's happiest with you." Felicia spoke with a smile on her lips as she gazed upon her friend. The wolf, even in a drunken stated looked at the man with genuine affection and had a real smile on her lips. If he made her this happy then that's all that mattered.

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:04 am

"Of course...she'll be well cared for." Jack started as Arnice hugged him tighter, her ears occasionally swiping his neck as she did. He looked down on the dirvas beauty to see her staring back up at him. Her silver eyes seemed to stare directly into his soul as she smiled at him. He smiled back at her, glad to know her friend would not turn them in.

"We'll be leaving for Darcsen as soon as possible, but that may take some time. Until then we have no choice but to remain in hiding here. Is this inn safe?" Jack said as he returned his attention to the maid.