[RP] The Will of the Dust

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Mr_Generic

Re: [RP] The Will of the Dust

Post by Mr_Generic » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Smoke smiled at her and started to draw circles on her hand with his fingertips. “Nobody knows my name, nobody except Lia here.” He said as Lia seemed a bit out of it, hissing happily as she curled up around Smoke. She was warm and comfortable, and she loved it. Smoke used on of his hands to gently run a finger around Lia’s scales, making her even more happy and relaxed. But he kept smiling at Pan. “You should probably get going, we don’t want anything thinking I killed you.” He said as a half joke.
One drop of water leaves many ripples in a pond, and you think you don't matter?

megmegmeg

Post by megmegmeg » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:58 pm

Pan pulled back, her hand sliding from his skin as she stood up. "Then I won't give you mine." she'd snickered. She turned towards a mirror in the corner of the room, ruffling her hair before taking a ribbon from her pocket to tie it back. Once she finished, she rexamined her flush skin and the rosy tint in her cheeks. "Well, Mr Smoke, if that's all you'll let me call you. I suppose this is farewell. For now." she added with a suggestive smirk, turning towards the door, re-entering the front of the shop. She raised her thumb and index finger to her mouth and whistled. Vadim swooped down from where he had been waiting, nudging Pan's cheek with affection and she scratched beneath his beak. The daemon looked at her worringly and gave a glance back to the room of the man and his soul-animal.
Pan clicked her tongue to catch the attention of the bird again. "Now, Vadim. Let's be off home. Papa will be worried."
She took the medicine from where it had been abandoned on the counter and swiftly left the shop. She looked around outside, only seeing a few other merchants milling around. She hoped they had noticed how long she had been in the shop.
Lionhearted girl
{Is probably playing the new AC game}

Mr_Generic

Post by Mr_Generic » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:49 pm

Smoke watched her up until the point to where he couldn’t. After that he simply relaxed with his spirit, who seemed to be nearly asleep. He relaxed for a bit before getting up and pulling on some trousers. Lia stayed around his neck, still completely relaxed. Smoke moved to the door of his shop and locked it before returning to the bed. He could feel his eyes getting heavy and he let out a yawn, which triggered a yawn from Lia. “Well, I think that was enough for one day. Why don’t we just relax a bit?” He said, and he felt Lia curl up around him, her way of agreeing. His eyes slowly closed until he couldn’t keep him open, and him and his snake spirit fell asleep.
One drop of water leaves many ripples in a pond, and you think you don't matter?

megmegmeg

Post by megmegmeg » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:41 pm

Pan made her way home quickly, clutching the medicine close to her chest. That sort of thing was in high demand, especially round the lower ring of the city and she wasn't about to have it stolen from her. Not now after what she had done to get it. She dodged a few men stumbling out of a tavern, dancing around them to get out of the way. Vadim flapped his wings in panic before settling back down on her shoulder. Pan pressed herself against the wall as they walked past and noted them looking her up and down as they did. She felt like rolling her eyes but instead she gave them one of her sultry smiles and then hurried off. She was going to take a short cut this time, seeing as it was already getting dark. Hopefully her little brother hadn't worsened while she was away. Because who knows where she would get more medicine.
She cut down an alleyway, steering clear of the shadows that semed to upset Vadim and hurried her way towards the canal side.

Pan was approaching the row of houses that looked over the docks when she smelled the smoke.
"P-Pan. What is it?" said her daemon in a worried tone.
"Don't know, Vad. Probably just some stupid boys setting fire to something for fun." she said, not really thinking much of it. But when she rounded the corner, she saw it. Saw her family's boat up in flames.
The sight didn't really hit her until she could feel the warmth of the fire on her face.
"Pan!" Vad's voice snapped her out of her shock. He leapt off of her shoulder, flying towards the burning mass and Pan pushed forward into a run to follow him.
It looked like there were already people there trying to douse the flames but it was no use. The boat was already falling apart and she couldn't see if any of her family had managed to escape.
Pan dropped the medicine to the cobbled ground and spun on her heel. The adrenaline had kicked in and she ran for it was all she knew how to do. It must have been on purpose. Fires don't just happen, and certainly not ones like that. She high-tailed it back to the shop from where she had just left, Vad flying overhead. She slammed her fists against the locked door fo the shop. Perhaps Mr Smoke could help her.
Lionhearted girl

Mr_Generic

Post by Mr_Generic » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:51 pm

Smoke hadn’t slept long when he heard a pounding at the door. He was slow to wake, but Lia wasn’t. “Smoke, the door. It sounds aggressive.” He said in a hushed tone. Smoke sat up as quickly as he could before moving out of the room. He had grabbed his cane on the way to the door, because it hid a blade inside of it. He stayed out of view of the door until he was next to it. Still shirtless, with only trousers on. He questioned wether or not he should call out to the person. He decided to see if he could find who it is. “Shop is closed, come back later!” He called out as he held the blade in his hands. He wasn’t a fighter, but he would never go down easily.

megmegmeg

Post by megmegmeg » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:23 pm

Pan pounded harder on the door, the fear beginning to properly set in. "Mr Smoke, please! I need your help!" she could already feel the tears stinging at her eyes and she saw the smoke fromt he fire rising above the buildings. The whole lower quarter would know of the fire soon and whoever started it was probably long gone.
Still, she did not want to think whether her family survived or not. For the fire would have spread quickly in the small space. There wouldn't have been much time to run.
Vadim still circled above her and she called up to him. "Vad, Vad! what can you see?"
"There are still people trying to put out the fire! B-but it's not working. There's almost nothing left, Pan."
Lionhearted girl

Mr_Generic

Post by Mr_Generic » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:36 pm

Once Smoke heard the voice he put down his weapon and opened the door, Lia around his neck still. They both seemed alert, but ready. “What happened?” He asked as he stood there, his body was tense, worried about anything that could happen. In the distance he could see smoke rising into the air. “Darling, relax and tell us what you need.” Lia said in a soft tone, sounding more calm then Smoke. They were both wondering what was going on. Seeing Pan so panicked clearly meant something bad happened. Why she went to Smoke confused the merchant, but he didnt think on it too much. He was more worried about what was going on.

megmegmeg

Post by megmegmeg » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:10 am

Pan nearly fell through the door way, catching onto Smoke's arm to keep her balance. "M-my home! It's been set alight and-" the tears were threatening to spill and her voice trembled. "P-please! Please help!" she said, though wasn't really sure what the man could do to help. And finally the tears ran down her face, something she had taught herself never to do infront of other people. "My family were in there! And now-"
Vadim fluttered in through the doorway, landing on Pan's shoulder and nudging her with his beak. The whites of his feathers were streaked with soot.
Lionhearted girl

Mr_Generic

Post by Mr_Generic » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:28 am

“Shh, I’ll see what I can do.” Smoke said softly as his arms went around her. He held her like she wasn’t just a client. Smoke looked past her, looking at the smoke and the ash that fell from the sky. There was a certain look in his eyes, as if he was working through something in his head. But he stayed quiet as he held her. Even Lia moved from Smoke’s neck and around Pan, being as gentle as possible. She looked at Smoke’s face and knew what was going through his head, and she could see the anger that was boiling, hidden beneath the surface. “Did you see your family?” Lia asked softly into Pan’s ear. Unsure if they were dead or not.

megmegmeg

Post by megmegmeg » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:51 am

Pan drew her head back, another tear escaping down her cheek. "I didn't see any of them on the dock. B-but I ran back here almost immediately s-so perhaps I missed them?" she tried to reassure herself, but the fire had been too great a blaze for them to have any time to flee. Pan broke down into another flood fo tears as the truth set in. "What will I do? I have nowhere to go. Everyone is gone."
Her daemon let out a tiny, sad noise as he nudged her again "Pan, i-it'll be alright! I'm sure they made it out in time." but the spirit's words fell on deaf ears as Pan pushed her face against Smoke's chest and let out another sob.
Lionhearted girl