Shame on You

Trandafir
Gold

Re: Shame on You

Post by Trandafir » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:27 am

"You're a 'movie over books' kind of guy then, uh?" Claire asked with a tired smirk, watching him as he drank the glass of water she had offered. Thomas was handsome, she'd give him that. The cute british accent had a lot to do with it.

"Oh, the pin," Claire muttered to herself, being brought back from her thoughts and remembering why she'd invited him in in the first place. "I'll be right back." The blonde young woman left towards the bathroom without giving him a chance to respond, walking back into the living room a few seconds later with a bobby pin between her fingers.

"Here, sorry for taking so long," she said with a smile, pulling a strand of hair away from her face while offering him the pin. "I've never tried picking a lock, but I could try, I guess?"
Hey! Isn't it funny we all want what isn't right?

carry_mknn

Post by carry_mknn » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:57 pm

“Good,” he yawned and took the hair pin she offered. “ ‘Cause I do know the theory, but don’t think I’ll succeed in this task, you know… considering this.” Thomas joked, pointing at his drunkish face. “But who knows, right? Let’s give it a try.”

The young man put down the water glass, and left towards Claire’s front door. “Oh, and about your previous statement: Not really,” he clarified, looking back at his neighbor just before opening her front door and heading out, leaving it opened and talking louder in order for her to hear. “I try to guess before choosing what to read. Don’t want to waste my precious time with bad plots. So, if the possibility of a boring movie is the price i have to pay, then I’m fine with it. Better than a frustrating book.” He shrugged, before kneeling in front of his apartment’s front door and eyeing the damn lock.

Thomas forced the golden hairpin, folding it's point before sticking it into the doorlock, as carefully as he could - which could be described as very clumsily - proceeding to use the other point to force the lock to open. The man glued his ear to the door, narrowing his eyes in concentration. “Isn’t it s’posed to click?” He muttered to himself. “Shite. I think it’s stuck.”
crazy together

Trandafir
Gold

Post by Trandafir » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:55 am

Claire smiled and followed Thomas out to the corridor, leaving her front door open on her way out. "But by doing that you are giving away the opportunity of being blown away by a great book. If you already know the plot, why read it then? Besides, it's easier to drop out of a book after a few bad chapters than walking out on an awful movie. You can never unsee that." She said, but that conversation was soon unterrupted by the most urgent one.

While Thomas stuggled with the hairpin and his door, Claired leaned agains the corridor's wall, allowing herself to close her eyes for a moment. Gosh, was she tired. The blonde opened her eyes again when the man spoke, and she realized things were definitely not going as expected. With a yawn, Claire pulled herself away from the wall, running a hand through her messy hair, making it look even messier.

"Why don't you crash on my couch, you can call a locksmith when it's not freaking five in the morning," the girl suggested, making it quite clear that sleepiness had hit her hard.

Inviting a stranger for a sleep over wasn't completely crazy, right? She had done it in the past though the circunstances had been much different, and he wasn't a stranger, not anymore at least. She knew his name was Thomas, that he was probably from England and that he lived across the hall. She'd invited men in knowing way less than that.

carry_mknn

Post by carry_mknn » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:17 am

After one last failed try, Thomas sighed. His tiredness and headache kicked in again, the previous agitation completely gone. The young man bowed his head, taking a second to scratch his tired eyes. What an insufferable night. Or should he consider it morning already? In the end, it didn't make any difference. He was still locked out, his damn phone still lost, and now had a fucking hairpin stuck in the doorlock. "I'm gonna kill that bastard", he muttered, clenching his jaw. Thomas didn't want to blame his best friend for it, but he did anyway. This situation yelled Brian's name, just like tons of the stupid conditions they'd both ended up at their school years. "Fuck Brian" he banged his head at the door.

He hadn’t really paid attention to what Claire responded. Movies vs. books were not priority at the moment - even if it seemed like both of them were in fact defending books and good plots. Thomas’ mind ran too fast on the consequences of the previous night, therefore he couldn't concentrate properly on (or care enough about) their previous conversation.

“My will right now is to put this bloody thing down, but whatever.” He muttered in defeat and lightly kicked the door. Then, turned to face Claire as she yawned. The girl looked fine (great, in fact; She had a truly blonde hair, the golden type of blonde he thought was really charming) but she was obviously very tired, and Thomas kinda felt guilty for consuming her sleeping time.

The flickering yellow light from their entrance hall buzzed his head, bringing back the headache, so he decided to accept her offer once again. Sure he didn't want to bother or be any more inconvenient, but c'mon... Those stairs were really awful. “I’ll take it,” he nodded.
crazy together

Trandafir
Gold

Post by Trandafir » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:36 pm

Claire assumed this 'Brian' fellow held some sort of responsibility over the loss of Thomas' keys, and right now she couldn't decide if she pitied Thomas for being locked out or the other guy, who would probably hear a lot the next day. In the end, she decided that she'd side with Thomas. He looked just as tired as she did, and not at all happy about the idea of sleeping in a random person's couch. So yes, fuck that Brian guy.

"I'm trusting you not to be a creep. If you need anything I'll be in my room," Claire teased, walking up to the closet and picking a blanket for him to sleep. She put the folded fabric down on the couch and smiled one last time at her visitor, before walking over to her bedroom's door. "Sleep well."

carry_mknn

Post by carry_mknn » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:36 am

Thomas collapsed on Claire’s couch again. “I’m not,” he answered quite rigidly. With an annoyed sigh, he rested his elbows on his knees and put his head down again. The young man ran a hand through his dark hair, realizing the rudeness on his tone.

“Hey,” Thomas called, just as Claire quickly returned with a blanket and left it beside him. He didn’t want to be rude to her - quite the contraire, actually, as he owed her a lot by now -, it was mostly the tiredness and frustration speaking. “Most people would jus’ tell me to sod off, so… Just want you to know, I really appreciate this.” he said, looking up just as she reached the bedroom. “G’night, Claire.”

He took off his brown chukka boots and lied down on the couch, thanking God he was wearing a Tshirt and not a button-up. It didn’t take long for Thomas to be in deep sleep, his bedtime wish consisting in getting up a few hours later with no signs of a hangover.
crazy together

Trandafir
Gold

Post by Trandafir » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:21 am

Claire fell asleep not long after that. Just like Thomas she was dead tired, and the fact that she had to go to work tomorrow afternoon didn't help her relax. At all. At 11am her alarm clock rang. She put it on snooze three times before finally waking up, and heading off to shower.

Claire realized then, by looking at her own reflection in the mirror, how much of a mess she was. She had been too lazy to wipe off her makeup before going to bed, which explained why she woke up looking like a racoon, with lipstick stains down to her chin. Thankfully, a warm shower was all she needed. The girl left in a towel a few minutes after, with water dripping down her hair to her back, and falling in thick drops to the floor, leaving a trace all the way back to her bedroom.

Shit. She was going to be late.

A pair of jeans and white tank top later, Claire returned to the living room to prepare herself something to eat. She was aware that Thomas was still there, but too focused on performing her tasks for the day to try and figure out if he was awake or not.

carry_mknn

Post by carry_mknn » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:02 pm

The warm early-morning sunlight that entered through the living room window wasn’t enough to wake up Thomas in first place, as he turned around still asleep, facing the couch backrest to keep it from his face. Even though he was exhausted and had gone to sleep after dawn, Thomas didn’t get much of it. Being the light sleeper he was, the man naturally woke up to the sound of light footsteps nearby - the instant remind of the fact that he wasn’t home.

“Morning,” he said, sitting up while scratching his eyes. After the few seconds that his vision took to adjust to the brightness of day, he noticed Claire’s change of clothes and dripping hair, but mostly that she seemed in a hurry. “You going out?” Thomas asked, a bit confused with sleepiness. He got up quickly and ran a hand through his disheveled hair, trying to look presentable, at least. That is, just before he noticed his completely wrinkled t-shirt. Bloody hell, now he was nervous. It wasn’t like the girl hadn’t seen him in worst conditions - and he didn’t even care about it then -, but she was still his recently-met neighbour and he should have a reputation to watch over, right? Well, now that the alcohol was out of his system, he fucking cared.
crazy together

Trandafir
Gold

Post by Trandafir » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:46 am

"Morning," Claire said, turning on the mixer for the smoothie she was preparing for breakfast. The loud noise of the machine covered something of Thomas' voice up, but she managed to make sense of what he had said by the way he looked at her, fully clothed, ready to leave through the door at any second. "Yes, I have work. Want some?" She offered, turning off the mixer and pouring the pinkish substance in two cups. While she served the smoothie, Claire couldn't help but notice Thomas' attempt at making himself look presentable. It was funny almost, and she had to keep herself from laughing.

"Don't worry too much. We've all had bad nights," she said with a playful smirk, walking over to him to hand him the cup. After taking a sip of her own, Claire dipped her hand into her back pocket, taking out her phone and unlocking it before offering to her visitor. "Here, you can call... Someone. Sorry, I wish I could stay longer but I have to leave in 20 minutes," after a light shrug the blonde chugged the remains of the smoothie, walking back to the kitchen area in quick steps to wash the little bit of dirty dishes, while giving Thomas some privacy to use her phone.

carry_mknn

Post by carry_mknn » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:04 am

Thomas chuckled at her comment and gave up on pulling down the hem of his shirt to try and make the wrinkles less evident. It didn’t work anyway.

“Thanks,” he smiled, taking the cup Claire offered. His stomach growled a second before he took the first sip of the smoothie, Thomas thought he couldn’t possibly be more thankful for that girl, but was proven wrong in less than a minute as she handed her phone for him to make a call. “I’ll be gone in 15, then,” the young man said playfully, nodding a thank-you and dialing Brian’s phone number while drinking the pink substance in one go. Thomas didn’t really expect Brian to pick up, so he hanged up after a few beeps of the dialing sound, deciding to call his reasonable best friend instead of the tosser. He thought about calling a locksmith but with his damn wallet lost, how was him supposed to pay for the service?

“You have work on a Sunday?” Thomas asked the blonde, making small talk while he waited for Kelsey to pick up the phone. He walked around nervously (still holding the empty glass) distracted by the dialing phone. “Sorry. Too nosy.” The young man apologized, noticing how invasive that sounded and shook his head, dismissing the question. He sat down on the couch again, worried his pacing would annoy Claire. Not a big change tho, as his feet kept tapping against the floor.

“Hi Kels. Hum… is the wanker you call your boyfriend home?” He said, quite relieved, getting up as Kelsey finally picked up. “For his own sake i’m choosing to believe he has my stuff. Phone, wallet, house-keys… No?” Thomas sighed, impatiently. “Well, I don’t have any money, so I cannot take the bus or the subway… No, he didn’t mention anything.” He stopped by the living-room window, running a hand through his hair and choosing not to tell Kelsey anything about his (and probably Brian’s) conditions on the previous night. Luckily she didn’t ask anything else on that topic. The redhead’s questions were about the present, not the past. “My neighbour lent me her phone. Yes, I’m in the building. YES! Alright, I’ll wait. Bye, Kels.”

Thomas hanged up and sighed in relief, before turning to give Claire the good news. “She’s coming with Brian, said we better figure out what happened last night. Oh, and she found my keys.”
crazy together