Shame on You

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Trandafir

Re: Shame on You

Post by Trandafir » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:40 am

Claired turned off the water when she was done with the dishes, looking over her shoulder when Thomas spoke to her again. "Uhm? Yeah. People order coffee on sundays too," she muttered with a chuckle, revealing the sort of thing she did for a living. Yes, Claire worked on a coffee shop. Certainly not the best job in the universe, but it paid well and her working hours were flexible enough to not get in the way of her classes. It was great, despite the fact that she didn't get much of a free time. She dried her wet hands on a towel and smirked when Thomas apologized. Did he have to say sorry for everything? It was completely unnecessary, but also cute, in a way.

When the person on the end of the line picked up, Claire tried her best not to overhear the conversation. By trying, it meant that she was listening to everything, while pretending to be doing something else that demanded her full attention. She repressed a laugh after listening to the way Thomas spoke about who she assumed to be Brian. The blonde felt bad for her neighbor, and got ready to invite him to go with her to the coffee shop as soon as he ended the call. She could offer him a decent breakfast, and give him money to pay for the locksmith so he could go back into his apartment. It probably wouldn't be that expensive... And it'd give her a good enough of an excuse to meet him again, if he insisted on paying her back.

Her plans ended up not leaving her mind, and she stopped pretending she wasn't listening when Thomas said his friends would be coming over with his house keys. "That's great!" The blonde said with a grin, choosing to hide her slight disappointment with the outcome. "How long will it take for them to get here? I can wait with you, just to make sure you get home safely," she suggested with a smirk, joining him in the couch.
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard

carry_mknn

Post by carry_mknn » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:06 am

“Twenty, thirty minutes, more or less. If you have to go, don’t worry about me. The stairs are pretty welcoming,” Thomas answered with a weak smile. He was relieved that Kelsey found his keys, but still a bit worried about his wallet and phone. The man tried to dismiss those thoughts quickly. Claire didn’t need to be any more disturbed with his problems. As she sat by his side on the couch, she didn’t seem to be bothered or hurrying either, but still. “Unless Mrs. Dryden comes down. She might, y’know... hit me with her cane, but I’ll live.” He joked, scratching the bridge of his nose.

“Uhm, while we’re still here, mind if i use your bathroom?” Thomas asked, not waiting for an answer and crossing the small living room. “So, where is it? Your work, I mean,” he questioned again out of pure curiosity, entering the small bathroom. The young man closed the door, pausing the conversation briefly, and continued after washing his hands and throwing some water on his face. “Is it far from here?”
crazy together

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:30 am

"I still have..." Claire started saying, getting her phone back. "17 minutes. I'll leave you to the stairs if they take too long to get here." She suggested with a smirk, that turned into a small giggle when he decided to mention their crazy upstairs neighbor.

Claire watched as Thomas stood from the couch, and was about to tell him where the bathroom was when he elaborated on his question. "Oh, It's only a few blocks away." She said, loud enough for him to hear through the door. The blonde remained awkwardly seated in her own living room, listening to the quiet sound of the water pouring from the sink. What was she doing? It turned out that having that kind of small talk while partially drunk last night had been easier than it was now. Claire was actually nervous, which was sort of new for her. She wasn't even dating the guy!

The blonde kept herself from facepalming at her own embarrassment, and decided to check her messages instead. There was a new picture from her mom, a text from her best friend Rachel and from a guy named Justin, that she'd met on a party and that kept insisting on asking her out, even though she'd already told him she wasn't looking for anything serious. Maybe giving him her real number to him had been a mistake.

carry_mknn

Post by carry_mknn » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:39 am

“Kels could give you a ride if you’d like. She won't mind,” The man suggested when he left the bathroom, thinking about some way to repay Claire for her hospitality. A ride to work surely wasn’t enough, but it was a start, right? “I can ask her if you want… I’d offer you one, but I don't drive.” Thomas shrugged, yawning a moment later. Seeing Claire comfortably going through her phone on the couch, he chose to give her a break and stand, leaning against the closest wall. He wished Brian wasn’t so hungover, so he could be the on the wheel. Not that Kelsey was slow, no. The girl drove fine, but her crazy irresponsible boyfriend was faster. And Thomas was growing tired of waiting.

He tried not to show any uncomfortableness to Claire, so he occupied his mind looking around again, noticing some details he’d missed hours ago. Like the amount of enormous… - he narrowed his eyes to see what was written on the book cover - Anatomy books on a more distant pile. “So you’re on Med School...” Thomas pointed out casually, to confirm his theory.

“No, no, no! You’re not sleeping now!” Kelsey shook her boyfriend’s arm repeatedly while she drove, letting go quickly as she spotted a police car approaching. “This is your responsibility, I’m not gonna deal with this again. Next time you and Tom decide to go out drinking alone, do not count on me to make things right, ok?! You both deserve this for not inviting me.” She complained, turning the wheel to the left for the last time, and sighed as the traffic light instantly turned from yellow to red. Few more minutes and they’d arrive at Thomas’ old building.
crazy together

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:40 pm

"Oh no, she doesn't have to. It's really close, only five blocks away." Claire said, looking up from her phone to Thomas. She could tell how uncomfortable he was, even though it was obvious he was trying to fake it. The boy looked around at her books, and once again the blonde wished she hadn't kept her house in such a big mess.

"Yep. Final year until graduation." She mentioned with a small nod, putting her phone back in hee pocket and resting her hands on her knees. "And you neighbor, what do you do?"

It was too early to wake up on a sunday, too damn early. Heck, it wasn't even noon yet! "Ouch!" Brian complained when Kelsey shook his arm, and sat up straight again only to keep her from complaining any further.

"It was a men thing, babe. If we'd taken you with us we wouldn't- red sign!" Brian didn't finish his sentence, but if he had what he would have said was that with her there they wouldn't have done half of the stupid shit they had accomplished last night. He loved Kels, of course he did, but she had the annoying habit of being in control of things all the damn time. Putting her together with Thomas meant killing all the fun. Sure, the guy had lost his keys, but he couldn't complain that the night hadn't been eventful.