The Superhero Academy

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Gecko14

Re: The Superhero Academy

Post by Gecko14 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:43 am

Addy grimaced as Scorpio roughly grasped her shoulder and turned to face him, giving him a death stare as she yanked her shoulder away. "Keep your fucking claws off me," she snarled at him. "You don't have to be an ass." She was interrupted by the sound of Ciri threatening her again. Her eyes went back to Scorpio with a look of question. "That girl is insane as hell." In all honesty, there was a part of Addy that liked it. She knew she was getting on someone's nerves.

(Kind of a short post, but I'm so tired.)
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."

Glyphto

Post by Glyphto » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:11 pm

A quick jog back towards the fire was enough to make Tsugutoshi fully realise just how heavy the extinguishers he was carrying actually were. He collapsed as soon as he reached his destination, maintaining enough grip so as not to let them roll straight into the flames. For all his efforts, however, it looked like the party was over before it even started.

"So they do have fire brigade at the very least," he wheezed, his voice barely audible to himself. It wasn't just the firefighters, Max's clones along with the pyrokinetic woman were handling the inferno just fine. So much for my being useful, he laughed drily, but he wasn't intending on sitting back and watching. He got back on his feet, removed the safety pin from one of the extinguishers and aimed at the flames. It was a slow and tedious, yet satisfying effort. He wasn't sure just how much progress they've made, but the fire looked smaller at the very least by the time he reached for his final extinguisher.

It was around this time that he noticed they had a psychic. A girl, clearly focusing hard on a lump of rubble floating in midair, apparently using it as a makeshift extinguisher. Tsugutoshi felt a stab of envy - now that was a power to have during times of emergency! The emotion was quickly replaced by concern the instant he looked at her face...

"H-hey, is everything alright?" he asked, watching blood trickle down her nostrils. "M-maybe you should take a break, or else we'll have to call an ambulance, too!"
ROMるっては人生だ

dreadabelle

Post by dreadabelle » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:59 am

Michael could smell fire even before he saw the smoke rising over the rooftops. That's where the school should be, oh no... , he thought just before bursting into full sprint.

Arriving on the scene, he saw all the chaos, and decided he'd do his best to help with the thing he knew best, fire. Dropping his bags by the gate, he ran to the flames shouting, "Don't worry, I can help!"

As he got to the fire he held out his arms and sparked his own flames. His eyes went from sapphire blue to ruby red as the fire that engulfed his arms was pulled back in, making the veins on his arms glow like magma. Walking into the fire he began to absorb the flames off the building and into himself. He felt like he just drank several energy drinks and was only getting more wired as he continued.
Hauling ass like a mule thief.

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:04 am

(Slow it down, Dread. We have a turn-based thing going on. Oh, and please check into the OOC thread. :))
Annasiel wrote: Bacon and sushi. I demand bacon and sushi.

FeatherBlood

Post by FeatherBlood » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:04 pm

Despite Circuit falling behind cover, Victor continued his onslaught of bullets onto the crates he hid behind, forcing him to stay in cover. Despite his craziness, even Victor knew at this rate he would have to retreat, but for now he would enjoy himself a little longer, it's not like they could do much damage to him with his bullets at ready. Oh how wrong he was. There was a sound behind him, faint but loud enough to catch Victor's attention. At first Victor was about to shrug the sound off, but then he remembered something. That girl!! Realising his mistake Victor's instincts kicked in as he moved to the side, trying to turn in the process. An energy bolt flew straight past his head, puncturing a half circle into the side of his head as he just managed to dodge it. He gripped the newly opened hole in his head in annoyance, feeling the warm blood in his hand. He turned to see the girl who had tried to attack him before and he snarled at her, his eyes filling with a new rage. "You bitch!! Fine then! If your teacher won't die! You can die in his place instead!!" Grabbing his minigun-hand handle, the barrel began to spin again as he laughed. "Enjoy hell you bitch!! Cause I'm giving you a one way ticket straight there! Keyayayayayayayayayayaya!" He burst into laughed as he turned his bullets onto Nimona, showing no mercy as he rapid fired bullets upon the student.

Ruben winced slightly as he watched Circuit get not only an arrow to the arm, but a bullet to the same arm. Thats gotta hurt. Noticing the villain distracted Ruben quickly darted out onto the battlefield towards Circuit and the girl who was already there to help him. Ruben quickly ducked into cover once he reached the crates Circuit was located at and knelt next to the man. "Circuit! You doing ok? Not normal for you to struggle so much against a villain like him. Need assistance? Or are you ok to fight more?"

Angela wasn't too sure what was happening, but it seemed she was needed, so she lifted her head and tried to act confident and ready. "R-Right Mr Scorpio! Help keep an eye on things here and scream if I detect something bad!" She nodded, more to herself rather than to Scorpio, but Angela felt him already leave with someone else. She then heard Carnivore express his concern for Circuit. "U-Uh... Don't worry Mr Carnivore, Headmaster Circuit is strong. Some Seeker would be the least of his worries, so don't fret." To be honest Angela was more concerned for this girl Scorpio was talking about. She could sense the presence of a younger individual next to Carnivore, yet that wasn't what concerned her most. The spirit seemed anxious about this child, whispering not only to her, but to each other as well. A winged child? This... This does sound concerning... She overheard the girl saying she could teach Carnivore about things, which definitely concerned Angela. She was defiantly getting bad vibes from this girl, but not wanting to get Scorpio without confirming anything, she shyly approached Carnivore and the girl. "U-Um... W-What do you mean... T-Teach? Ar... Aren't you a little too young to... To be able to confidently teach others just yet?" She wasn't sure how to approach this strange girl, but she felt she should at least try to get a little information from her. She hesitated before speaking again. "A-Also... M-May I ask why someone as young as you... Why you are wandering a dangerous place like this? A-And why you have... Wings?" She wasn't confident with questioning her like this, but she felt she had to do it since no one she knew was there to help her at the present time. She kept her ears open and alert, listening to everything the spirits were alerting her to, ready to try act when a situation arose.
When you feel so lazy you want to sleep at all times and still do all things necessary in life

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:43 am

Seeing her attack hit, then the man spinning around to attack her, Circuit comes out of his cover and arcs a large bolt at him in an attempt to preempt his attack. He then laces another bolt between the two and keeps it there, displaying his ability to manipulate the electricity at will. His body is still half hidden behind the crates.

"I'll be fine, Ruben," he says without looking at him. "I was just trying to avoid killing him. A Seeker of his power has to be high up in the ranks, and I fully intend to question him."

Now speaking to the villain; "Alright, Gun Boy," he says. "Face it. All those times I missed you, I could've easily struck you down with a mere thought. Give up before I decide to end this."

Just then, with the worst possible timing, Ciri decides to run in. She says something about giving her his arm, but now really isn't the time.

"Ciri, I'm clearly in a bit of a predicament," he explains, still looking at Victor. "My powers demand concentration to be of use, this guy has a gun for an arm, and Nimona is in serious trouble. Do you have any attacks that work from a distance?"

Hmm... I have to remember to ask Ciri some questions later, he thinks. He sighs and pokes Addy in the chest with his stinger to let her know he means business, then cocks an ear as more gunfire sounds off. The fighting is still going on outside? Probably not a good idea to take her out just now. He twists his tail a bit to re-angle his stinger and pushes her back into the wall with the blunt end of his tail.

"Don't move, you. My stinger is venomous, in case you didn't guess." He then turns to the strange girl. She's taken a particular liking to the beast, and he doesn't like it. She gets weirder and weirder as time goes on. He pulls his phone out and realizes he has some missed calls. Oh well, the situation is more urgent. He dials the number to the police SWAT headquarters and presses the phone to his ear.

"We have a situation. We've got it mostly under control, but there seems to be a stubborn one still fighting outside the warehouse. We've made one arrest so far, but there's this creepy kid in here. She insists on not going with you guys, but we're not exactly equipped for this sort of thing."

There's a pause as he listens, then he resumes talking. "Alright, we'll try to talk to her after you guys arrive. Hopefully we can talk her into cooperating. And you already know where we are - the crash site from a little while ago." With that, he flips the phone shut and looks over at the three, who seemed to be talking.

"Alright, new coarse of action: I called the SWAT. They sent a containment team, and they'll be bringing us some better equipment to restrain Rage Girl over here, likely some power dampeners. And since they're still fighting outside, I gotta stay in here to babysit you all.

...And Angela has a point, Cassidy. Aren't you a bit too young to be talking like that?" he asks, cocking an eyebrow.

FINALLY! Pyro thinks as the Maxes show up with extinguishers. She snatches one up and begins spraying the walls with the foam, finally making progress. She then notices the new girl and, seeing as how the Maxes have it under control , walks up to her. Seeing the obvious strain on her, she pokes her forehead to interrupt her.

"This is obviously too much for a freshman. I suggest you pick up an extinguisher if you plan to help. Understand?" She kicks up an unused extinguisher with her foot and catches it in her hand, then holds it out to the girl.

"Trust me - there's no shame in not using your powers. Mine only get in the way in situations like these; I can start fires, but putting them out is another story." She turns back around and begins spraying down the fires again as the trucks pull up, assisting the firemen as they set to work.

After this is over; I'll be taking a nice, long nap.
Annasiel wrote: Bacon and sushi. I demand bacon and sushi.

dreadabelle

Post by dreadabelle » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:14 am

(this applies to now and not before)
Michael could smell fire even before he saw the smoke rising over the rooftops. That's where the school should be, oh no... , he thought just before bursting into full sprint.

Arriving on the scene, he saw all the chaos, and decided he'd do his best to help with the thing he knew best, fire. Dropping his bags by the gate, he ran to the flames shouting, "Don't worry, I can help!"

As he got to the fire he held out his arms and sparked his own flames. His eyes went from sapphire blue to ruby red as the fire that engulfed his arms was pulled back in, making the veins on his arms glow like magma. Walking into the fire he began to absorb the flames off the building and into himself. He felt like he just drank several energy drinks and was only getting more wired as he continued.
Hauling ass like a mule thief.

nimona

Post by nimona » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:45 pm

nimona
nimona knowing the guy would just dodge again nimona jammed her arm in the spinning part of the mini-gun arm before he could point it's shot's at her face without realizing what circuit did and getting shocked by the electric wall. she calls to circuit "he's open!" as she grab's his other arm. holding both in mana reinforced grips. as she did this she noticed the box above him

-20 hp from jamming arm in mini-gun
-50 hp from electric wall
250/320 hp left

ellie
ellie just took a rest as everyone ignored her and she let her voodoo energy charge.

eve
at the resistance HQ eve has opened another universal gate way and walks through to get some more stuff for the resistance. above the portal was the world name WOEBF and above the other portals were berserk, starbound, randomverse(never going there again), and rwby

hally
hally was walking around hiding under a cloak while buying some food for the orphanage when her systems detected smoke and sheran there finding a school on fire and some people trying to put it out. she ran over and picked up a fire extingusher and tried to help put out the fire

Trooper FN-86

Post by Trooper FN-86 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:41 pm

Balem Industrial District, Seeker Warehouse Interior 

Carnivore found himself in an odd position, one the Balem Beast could never have prepared himself for.  He was holding a child that liked him as everyone around him questioned her.  He had to admit her scent was a little off, but he couldn't see anything else wrong.  Before he could think further however the scorpion mentioned an enemy.  The beast gently put the child down and stepped twords him.

"Swat...shoot...to...kill.  No...can...see...me.  You...pro..tect...explain...or...me...run...hide."

Superhero Academy, Multiple Locations

Most of the Maxes were deal with the fire with extinguishers, each feeling a wave or relief as they heard the sound fire sirens getting closer.  Of them only a few noticed the sudden rising of debris, but when they looked back they saw pyro and another max already helping whoever was doing that, so they returned to the fire.  However they got another surprise a young man ran into the fire and began absorbing it while some stranger picked up an extinguisher.  It was madness, but soon with everyone's help the fire would be extinguished.

The max with Hanako watched as the girl used her mind to beat the flames down.  He was so impressed he failed to notice the girls nose start to bleed.  As soon as Tsugutoshi mentioned it he noticed and agreed, but before he could respond Pyro showed up and told her to stop, handing the girl an unused extinguisher.

"You did great new girl.  That nose bleed looks pretty bad though, you need any help or bandages or anything? I think the nurse's office is still in tact. "  The Max said as Pyro left, sure the other Maxes could take care of the fire.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Faelight

Post by Faelight » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:24 pm

Voices. Voices were talking all around, some seemed to be aimed in her direction or something. Hanako needed to focus though, to think clearly so a backlash wouldn't occur again. How she hated that people were trying to stop her. Sure her body was being strained but if she never pushed herself she wouldn't be able to extend her limits. The fire around them was nearly finished as debris slowly rolled onto each fire. Try as she might the young snowy haired girl wasn't able to block it out when someone poked her head. That was a dangerous thing to do what with her backlashes and everything.

The sudden pressure and interruption broke the girl's concentration which set forth a chain of events. First a few of the debris would suddenly burst and shards of concrete would scatter and possibly hit people. The rest went flying off in different direction as each piece of debris had a shockwave effect to show the effects of backlash. Hans herself felt a sudden immense pain in her head that caused to collapse to knees. Her body shook even worse than before as she wanted to pain to go away. These backlashes got worse if they were to close together, which the one from earlier and this one were.

The psychic held her hands to her hand and could do nothing but wait it out. Now both noses started to trickle blood down onto the floor and into her mouth. The iron taste was God awful and the migraine made her feel sick to her stomach. Hopefully as she learned to control her powers these backlashes would happen less frequently and would ease up a little.
PRAISE THE GOD DAMN GAY OWL SHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!