Hogwarts (1982) #5

AeronGrey
Bronze

Re: Hogwarts (1982) #5

Post by AeronGrey » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:45 pm

Professor Racort sat at his teacher's desk at the front of the candlelit Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, impatiently awaiting the arrival of the unlucky student who was doomed to his detention. He fidgeted with the stick of the oddly-shaped lollipop he was sucking on as he waited and wondered if there was anything he had forgotten in tonight's preparations. His reflections were suddenly interrupted when Dirk finally entered the classroom in full Quidditch getup. Bran took the red sucker out of his mouth and pointed it at the broom the boy was holding. "Well, you won't be needing that...", he started.
Last edited by AeronGrey on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AeronGrey wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:47 pm
"Stop quoting me!!" -Aeron

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:40 am

Tamara at first believed Adriana was joking about opening the trip up to both of them. As the Slytherin began to write in on her hand, it sunk in. “Oh my god!” she muttered in excitement. The girl had barely been around her own country, let alone France! “Wow, uh, thank you..” she trailed off, wide eyed. She smiled both at Vincent and Adriana as she pushed her glasses farther up to the bridge of her nose.

“It’s getting cold, maybe we should start inside before the free period ends? Enjoy your cigarette, I guess, Adriana..” To her, it was weird that she would go through all that for just a rolled paper filled with tobacco.
can I get uhhhhh homosexuality

Chewable_tablets

Post by Chewable_tablets » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:57 am

The game of Quidditch had passed by rather intensely for Noah, but not in regards to the actual game. He did not care much about the game and was strictly looking on to the forest from his position in the stadium. Luckily, no one ended up questioning what he was doing. The stake out was actually pretty uneventful. He was not really sure what he was expecting to witness, though. There were some flashing lights coming from the forest, which were probably from some spells to light up the area or something similar. But the relative stillness from the forest afterwards left Noah to speculate what was going on. A particularly frightening thought was that the group found who... or whatever they were looking for and those lights were signs of defense. But really, that was a ridiculous idea, right? It was damaging, but that scenario continually found its way back into the Gryffindor’s head. He knew that there was no way that it was true, but... what kind of person would he be to not worry of the possibility?

The sudden and very loud ending of the Quidditch match had brought Noah back from his state of thought. Apparently, Ravenclaw had won, not that it particularly mattered to him. Many were starting to leave, but he felt that he should wait for the crowd to thin instead of attempting to push past everyone. The boy, though, did get out from his spot in the back of the stadium and made to a section near stairs that would allow him to leave easier.
The rebirth

Special thanks to Haru Kitsu on Twitter for the amazing profile art

FlorenceRP
Bronze

Post by FlorenceRP » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:34 pm

Nick's impressive tree dodging abilities seemed lost for a moment with Tobias reply. The boy bumped straight into one, although he didn't even seem to realize. "Y-you're right! But maybe I can find other clothes for you to squeeze in, I-I think I got something red that would look great on you, not that something wouldn't look great on you and I'm babbling let's just go." He started walking again, although the wink from Tobias made his face look about to combuste. He tried to hide it by turning around and focusing on the path. "Oh, look! That bush looks like a rabbit! I think we should go follow it then."
-------

Golden_
Bronze

Post by Golden_ » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:02 am

Tobias temporarily felt the need to express some level of concern for Nick, as his lucky streak ended with an inevitable collision. Fortunately, the Hufflepuff didn't seem at all phased - which meant that the Gryffindor wasn't required to be sympathetic either. Instead, he carried on expressing his undeniable amusement. "Blood-sucker and bunny bush. I don't know about you, but that doesn't seem like a likely combination," the boy scoffed, slowly bringing his pace down to a halt.

"I think we need to draw him out. The prick said he's been around for days, which means he's familiar with the forest. It's dark, we have no idea where we're going, and the coat rack is currently being useless," the boy said, in a much more serious tone, before lowering his voice even more - until it was a mere whisper. "So... we need to make a plan. Get a distraction going. Draw attention to something."

Or someone.

----------

Vince shot Tamara a sly wink, as out of the corner of his eye, he witnessed her excitement build while their names were added to Adriana's palm. His hand slowly slid into his back pocket, to pull out the worn pack of paper and tobacco. "It's like you can read my mind," he murmured, extending a cigarette towards the blonde heiress with his long fingers. "Just don't tell daddy dearest." And with that said, he attended to his own dart, by dragging the butt against the surface of the school wall before dropping the nub to the ground. "I'll see you around princess."

The boy turned to follow Tamara back inside the toasty warm school. "Is that also normal? Or am I just a miracle worker?"
I'm not crazy, I'm confident.

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:08 pm

“Come on, let’s get inside,” Jake noticed Arya was cold and didn’t want to keep her out here longer than necessary. He began to walk back to the school. He let out a long whistle until he heard the jingling of dog tags. He didn’t want lady to be out here all night, that would be too cold even for her.

~~~~~~~~~~

Dirk held his broom defensively. He had half a mind to beat this teachers ass right here with it, but that would probably end up with him losing in a magic battle, so instead he set it down on a desk.

“How fucking dare you?” Dirk said with no sound of inflection in his voice. It was just flat, no anger, just a calm question. “That was petty as all hell and you call yourself an adult? How immature.” It sounded like something Adriana might do in third year. “Did you even stop to think about how public humiliation can damage a teenager mentally? I’d be more careful with who you do this too. Don’t you remember what happened to the last kid?” He was referencing Voldemort, but he wasn’t about to say the name, even if he was gone. He was trying his best to not sound as pissed off as he was. Emotion only dwindled an argument, it was useless right now.

~~~~~~~~~

“You are very welcome,” Adriana smiled at Tamara before taking the cigarette. “Thanks, see you.” She didn’t exactly want to smoke alone, but they were already leaving, so it was lonely smoke time. Did anyone actually like smoking alone? She wasn’t sure, but she sure didn’t.

Adriana leaned on the railing of the bridge after lighting the cigarette with her wand and a simple spell. She touched it to her lips and took a deep breath in. It had been a while. Dirk never let anyone smoke around him, so she always had to go outside at home, leaving the house a smoke free zone because he’s a fucking pussy.
Go ahead and buy yourself a drink
Cause you know you’re deserving of it
Go ahead and cry yourself to sleep

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:59 pm

Arya looked up, nodding shyly and following him after glancing around shortly. Her breaths created little puffs of warm air in front of her face as she watched Jake's dog approaching. "Oh, what a cute dog! What's her name?" Arya was excited by the animal, since she loved them after all. She was a little surprised that Jake invited her inside with him, but she wasn't going to complain about being allowed to hang out with someone.
Love, Kitty!

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:23 am

Bran sat still at his desk while the butthurt Slytherin boy swore at him, called him names and questioned his professionalism as a teacher. He waited until Dirk was completely finished with his rant before putting down his lollipop launching into a rant of his own.

"How dare I?", he replied in the same quiet, emotionless tone as the boy. However, after that, his tone quickly rose with his temper. "How dare I?! How dare YOU?! How dare you curse at your professor and show me such disrespect? How dare your ignore my directions to report to me if your housemates left class early? How dare you skip detention and then go play in a Quidditch match! How dare you accuse me of your humiliation instead of taking responsibility for your own life!" He stopped once he realised he was shouting and took a deep breath to calm himself before continuing in a calmer voice.

"Embarrassment didn't make Tom murder his family and hundreds of other people. People are not victims of circumstances, but makers of their own destinies, shaped by the choices they make. You are the reason you are here today. There is no one else to blame. You shirked your prefect duties. You skipped detention. You opened that Howler where others could hear it." Obviously that last part wasn't completely true, but Bran wouldn't have known of Edgar's little slip-up.

"Now, if you are quite done with your excuses, the sooner you do your detention, the sooner you can get out of my classroom. All you have to do is clean that..." Prof. Racort took out his wand from his pocket and pointed it at a large object in the corner which wheeled itself to the center of the room. Dirk would recognize it as the same scummy tank the mermaid had been trapped in. Inside it was empty, but for a bucket full of soapy water and a scrub brush. "...wandless.", he finally finished his sentence. He reached his free hand forward palm up as a sign for the boy to hand over his wand, but kept his own wand ready in his right hand in case the boy tried anything stupid.
AeronGrey wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:47 pm
"Stop quoting me!!" -Aeron

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:43 am

“I have no respect for a man who can act so childish. Now if you’ll excuse me, I reported to you immediately, so you won’t mind if I change before doing this.” Dirk took his broom and made his way to the door. “Oh, and professor, if you really think cleaning by hand is so much of a punishment, you are more immature than I originally thought.” With that he left.

Dirk often forgot most wizards had never done manual labor in their lives. When mom was around, she insisted on doing things like cooking and cleaning the right way, house elves were a recent addition. In addition, they couldn’t use magic on set, so they would have to build everything by hand. That’s why he never got the whole “no magic” punishment thing here.

~~~~~~~

“You’ve never seen Lady in the common room? You’re really missing out,” Jake often forgot that not everyone was used to having a dog around on campus. It wasn’t exactly a normal thing, but having a cat was such a stereotype and since lady was cat friendly, he got to bring her.
Go ahead and buy yourself a drink
Cause you know you’re deserving of it
Go ahead and cry yourself to sleep

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:50 am

"I kinda keep to myself, I've never really talked with anyone. I usually just go unnoticed by everyone." She smiled a bit as the two walked. She couldn't exactly explain how she had no friends and was totally not used to speaking with others. Arya let out a quiet sigh. "Well, Lady is incredibly cute, I'm glad to be allowed to meet her finally." Arya giggled softly, rubbing her hands some more. She really needed to get herself a pair of gloves so she could watch the quidditch games in colder seasons as well, without freezing her fingers off.
Love, Kitty!