Hogwarts (1982) #5

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Re: Hogwarts (1982) #5

Post by KittycatCookie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:52 am

Arya was leaning against a pole, watching the game rather quietly, a slight frown on her face. She wasn't in a good mood anymore, but she didn't exactly feel like going anywhere else either - might as well keep watching the game, no matter how much her back hurt from the rough landing she had had earlier. A breeze blew some strands of her hair into her face and she brushed them back into place with her fingers, sighing softly. She would simply wait out the pain, it was nothing serious anyways and would leave a painful bruise at most. Arya was fiddling with her scarf as she watched the game. observing it intently.
Love, Kitty!

Golden_
Bronze

Post by Golden_ » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Jackie hadn't really known what to expect, but Chase's wager wasn't all that surprising either. Finding someone to support Slytherin, who wasn't actually a Slytherin, would likely be a difficult feat - no one cared nor had the respect for that brutal team. However, for the sake of being in opposition and potentially winning against Chase, the girl came quite close to replying Slytherin. Then one of their players nearly crashed down to the ground - which, by the way, did not look good. Not in the slightest. Consequently, Jackie's increased attention caused the quick identification of the girl with brilliant red hair, as she zoomed past Blade, who had nearly just tried to kill himself.

As the feeling of dread and queasiness ran over her warmly wrapped body, Jackie found herself quickly looking for another distraction. "Not anyone that's especially worth it," she eventually replied, folding her nervous hands tightly in her lap. "So I suppose I'm in the same, nicer boat."

-----------

A vampire? Bloody hell, Tobias considered that as a marvelous win. Not only had he been correct with regards to that specific theory, but he felt as though this creature was much easier to subdue then some of the other options. For those reasons, a silly smirk appeared on his lips, one that displayed a smug sense of pride and confidence.

"Thanks for the information, Firenze. But some of us have concerns for more than just your kind. You do know that there's a school just a stroll out thata way, right?" Tobias replied sarcastically, motioning to some of the towers that peaked out from the treetops. "You've allowed a vampire to feed freely for quote unquote days? When are you going to hunt him down? When he attacks a student and it's no longer your jurisdiction?" Tobias scoffed before turning back to the gang. "C'mon, we know what we're up against, we can do this."

-----------

Once they were alone, walking back up to the gloomy looking school, Vincent pulled out his precious pack of darts. No students, no teachers; it was the perfect time to get one into his nicotine-deprived, frozen-ass body. He snorted at Tamara's informing comments, before placing one between his lips. "You don't mind now, do you?" He asked out of courtesy, before lighting it up without waiting for a true answer. "Disappearing DADA professors and slavery. Plus murder. No wonder Dumbledore wanted me here. Tell me more."
Last edited by Golden_ on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not crazy, I'm confident.

Bastardized~

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:51 pm

When Firenze mentioned that the creature who killed he centaur was a vampire, she was both relieved and scared. That meant they were prepared to an extent, but that they were up against something powerfully dark. Luckily, Tobias had the same idea she did. There was no way the Hufflepuff was going to walk away when she was so close.

“Agreed,” the girl said. She looked to the centaur. He seemed like he would be fun to talk to, if it wasn’t that he was trying to stop the group from finishing what they started. “You’re either in or your out, Mr. Cen-,” she caught herself, pausing. “Firenze. Whatever decision you make, we’re still marching into this forest and killing this asshole.”

- - -

Tamara was a little surprised when Vincent whipped out a package of cigarettes. “I don’t mind, I guess..” she trailed off, because he had already started to smoke before she allowed it. It wasn’t that she hadn’t seen something like that before; Tobias used to hide liquor under his bed in the Common Room. It interested her, how he didn’t seem to care that a professor could walk down the path instantaneously and spot him smoking.

As the Ravenclaw went back to the subject of school, so did she. “It wasn’t ever that bad until this year... I mean, with ‘You Know Who’ dead, criminals no long have someone to follow. The murderer was aligned with his army, and was trying to kill muggle-borns, I think.” Mara didn’t have a lot of information as a student, but the fear of being killed because of her blood status was prominent for her. “What about your old school? Was it any better?” the girl said, deflecting the topic of Voldemort and muggle-born murderers that she brought up.
can I get uhhhhh homosexuality

Golden_
Bronze

Post by Golden_ » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:37 am

Vince hadn't even gotten the chance to inhale the addicting substance before the conversation turned into something seriously dark. His smile temporarily vanished while Tamara spoke about Voldemort, his gang of feeble minded, half-wit followers who were likely never loved as children, and the dreaded blood-status 'problem'. As a muggle-born, it was impossible to claim that he hadn't ever experienced the discrimination and doubt some wizards had with regards to his supposed impurity. But instead of sinking down with those words, like many had done and would continue to do, the boy managed to grow a thicker skin. After all, they were just a bunch of threatened, jealous bitches who mated with their cousins - desirable? He didn't think so.

"My school? Well, there's idiots everywhere, not just here. They seem to grow on trees. If only they'd just fucking die during autumn and winter - like a seasonal thing. You know; shrivel up, be mixed up with cow shit, used to create a nice hearty mulch for the future growth of life - that's actually useful to society... I mean, can you imagine stuffing a mandrake into the remains of... what's-her-face? Damn, the impression she left on me is about as strong as Dumbledore's judgement."
I'm not crazy, I'm confident.

Bastardized~

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:22 pm

Adriana needed some fresh air. It was cold outside, but she couldn’t just stay here. She was thinking too much. That was dangerous. She got up from her place under the window and exited the common room. She was in a mood where she wanted to just huddle into a corner, but she was forcing herself to get out of that. It never felt good.

Adriana stepped foot out outside. It was colder than she had expected, but it was winter. She ran her hands through her hair and took a deep breath before something caught her eye. A plume of smoke. Not a fire, a cigarette. She could use one right about now.

Adriana made her way over to the boy. She had met him earlier that day in the runes class. “Vince, right? Do you have anymore of those?”

~~~~~~~~

Dirk wasn’t fast enough. The ball made it through the hoop and he had half a mind to choke out those fucking Ravenclaws. Why do they even have a quidditch team? Aren’t they supposed to be a bunch of nerds? Whatever, he could kick their asses. They weren’t going to score again. At this point he really wished he was a beater to get that adolescent rage out of his system.

~~~~~~~~

Jake’s motherly instincts were tingling. Someone was upset, don’t worry, mommy Jake is coming. He got up from his spot and went down the stairs. Across the field he saw his housemate alone. He walked up to her, “Mind if I watch with you?”
Don’t hold your breath for me
But watching you turn blue would be comforting

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Arya was a bit surprised to hear a new voice next to her. "Are you..", She looked around carefully, "talking to me?" Her big eyes were fixed onto Jake now, definitelt taken aback that someone would talk to her. She hadn't had many friends over the past few years. Or any at all. She ran her fingers through her red hair, her warm breath creating a little cloud. "Well, uhm, feel free to join me." A warm smile appeared on Arya's face as she rubbed her cold hands, enjoying yet suffering under the cold of winter.

FlorenceRP
Bronze

Post by FlorenceRP » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:23 pm

"Flora and Tobias are right." The words came out of his mouth almost of their own will, and Nick found himself blinking with surprise. Just a few moments ago he had been ready to run back to the castle, dragging the trio with him. But now... well, he couldn't run forever, could he?

His hand started to sting again, making Nick gulp a little. He knew what had happened, of course. It was only natural that, in that close encounter with spiders, one of them would be bitten. At least it was him. Nick took a few steps behind, then drank from one of the potions in his bag. It wasn't enough, but at least for now it would hold back the effects of the venom. He wasn't going to screw the mission. "Well, let's go kill a vampire then! I think I know where he is, the wind and the little green creatures are telling me. Firenze, can you please come? I think your hair might distract him." Without offering any more explanation, the boy turned around and started heading in a seemingly random direction.

==================================

Dylan took a long breath of relief as he managed to jump back into his broom, recovering his balance. Now he remembered why learning how to not fall from a broom was important. By then he was already speeding towards the Quaffle, but Milan had been faster at catching it. He prepared to follow her as she tossed the ball towards the Hoops, ignoring how far she was, using her usual strength. But from the corner of his eyes he caught sight of Blade, speeding towards something.

"Shit, did he find the Snitch already?" But Dylan caught no sight of gold. Instead the boy seemed to be rushing towards John. "Fuck." He flew ahead with his broom, positioning himself in front of his friend in a protective stance, ready in case Blade pulled something.
Last edited by FlorenceRP on Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:52 am

Tamara blinked in confusion as Vincent went on a spiel of why idiots should become fertilizer for mandrakes. After a beat, she laughed. "Uh?" She was speechless, but somehow understood what he meant. "You know what? Sure. Idiots should be nutrient packed fertilizer." If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. They were so close to making it to the castle, and she wanted to cut the smoke break short. "Anyways, lets get into the building, it's pretty col- ..." As if she was perfectly on cue, Adriana Morte came sauntering out to ask the Ravenclaw boy for a chance to smoke.

The Gryffindor's face said it all. She rolled her eyes and make a noise somewhere between a scoff and a laugh. The scoff; because the Morte children were well known for this kind of shit, and the laugh; because it was funny how she just wanted to snag a cigarette in the middle of the school grounds. She shoved her hands into her pockets because they were cold, and attempted to wait patiently for them to interact. She plastered a lenient expression on her face and waited. Though it was stereotypical, Mara had every reason to dislike the Morte family, specifically Adriana, in general. She was a rich, pure-blooded, French Slytherin who loved to have sex, get wasted/high/crunk, and still be effortlessly pretty while doing so. It confused and angered her. How was it fair?
can I get uhhhhh homosexuality

Trandafir
Gold

Post by Trandafir » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:29 pm

Despite knowing very well of what had happened to Jackie during that dreaded night at the Fairy tale ball, Chase didn't notice the way she had looked at Anima, or didn't put too much thought to it. He noticed however that her posture had changed, causing him to misunderstand her sudden nervousness completely. "Got an ex boyfriend on the team?" He assumed after skimming through the players and finally looking over at Dirk, Slytherin's keeper. He recalled seeing his ex girlfriend's brother with Jackie a few times, even though he didn't know much about the sort of relationship they had.

Firenze finally broke out of his calm expression and frowned, listening to Tobias' words. "Your headmaster knows what we're up against. Your school is safe from this threat, so long as children like yourselves are kept within castle's walls during night time." He said, while stepping closer to the Gryffindor boy, in a threatening manner. He was considerably taller than Tobias, as every other centaur was taller than an ordinary human, but before anything else could be added to his speech he heard the words from the others and broke the eye contact, looking around him. The girl and the curly haired boy that spoke nonsensical things seemed to agree with their leader's approach, while the boy with dark brown hair and tanned skin chose to remain quiet.

Firenze didn't respond for a moment, until finally making a decision. He reached out to take the back of Tobias' collar and pulled him up, attempting to take his feet off the ground. "I tried to be nice."

"Stop! We're sorry if we offended you, please put him down!" Raj requested, scared of what an angry centaur could possibly do to Tobias, but Firenze simply ignored him.

"Follow me, otherwise you might get lost."

The rest of the game was as frustrating as one could imagine. Both teams had strong chasers, but Slytherin had an obvious disadvantage as their seeker was currently struggling with a crumpled broom, which granted Ravenclaw their victory at the end.

John couldn't say he was proud of his team, but he was pleased with the victory. It meant they'd have to face Gryffindor next, a team equally as brutal as Slytherin. Meanwhile, Beatrice didn't stay for the festivities when the other students ran down to the pitch to congratulate the players. She stepped out of her broom once she got close enough to the ground and walked angrily towards the changing rooms, hoping that no one would get on her way after their loss.
Hey! Isn't it funny we all want what isn't right?

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:21 am

The raven sat perched as still as a statue on the roof of the viewing tower, which ironically was decorated in Ravenclaw colors. Edgar was impatiently waiting for the bloody Quidditch match to finish so he could deliver this stupid letter. He glared at the recipient the entire time, who flew back and forth in the ridiculous manner in which wizards fly. After all, Dirk was the reason he wasn't back in the nice warm castle, enjoying all the choice nibbles and bits it had to offer, and with dinner being prepared in the kitchens and everything! When the danger of flying broomsticks and bludgers had passed, he swooped down to the boy and practically threw the Howler at him. Unfortunately, his beak accidentally ripped the seal and it instantly popped open, formed the rough shape of a mouth, and then proceeded to shout at Dirk in Prof. Bran's voice in front of the entire school.

Mr. Dirk Morte,

I am very sorry if you are under the impression that attending detention at Hogwarts is optional or that your prestigious lineage excuses you! I sincerely regret to inform you that it does not! Report to my classroom immediately if you do not wish to be expelled!"

It then tore itself up and burst into flames, the ash of which slowly fell to the ground in silence, before the silence was broken in an eruption of mixed gasps, chatter and laughter.
Last edited by AeronGrey on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.