Hogwarts (1982) #5

Trandafir
Intermediate Mod

Re: Hogwarts (1982) #5

Post by Trandafir » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:42 am

"I can walk you there," Chase responded with a charming smile, completely unaware of Jackie's possible intention of not returning. It was a gentleman's thing to do, after all. "Do you always carry your art stuff around?" He asked, for the first time noticing the heavy looking bag she always seemed to be carrying.

"TEN POINTS TO SLYTHERIN!"

The crowd on the green and silver side cheered, and a light smile appeared in Beatrice's lips when Anima was able to score. Without wasting any more time, the brunette dived towards the quaffle, trying to reach it before the other team could.

Raj wasn't listening to the conversation surrounding him. Perhaps he should've listened. While Tobias, Flora and Nick talked about what their next move should be, the young hufflepuff tried his hardest to remember at least one spell from DADA class that he could perform.

With both hands shaking, the one with the torch and the other that held his wand, Raj pointed the later at the nearest line of spiders. "Bombarda!"

It worked. Three of the acromantula blew up, in a disgusting firework display made of goo. The spell had not only killed three spiders, but it was also responsible for pissing the others off - a lot more than three.

"I fucked up didn't I?" Raj muttered under his breath, taking a step back as the remaining enemies marched down to attach the group of young students. Meanwhile, he was completely unaware of the pair of eyes that observed them from behind the trees and the line of spiders.
Hey! Isn't it funny we all want what isn't right?

Golden_
Bronze

Post by Golden_ » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:23 am

Jackie felt her slight smile tighten, in both frustration and guilt. Frustration with Chase for being so dang persistent, and guilt; knowing that she was this close to standing him up. But wait... perhaps there was something else she could do to him instead? Something significantly worse for him, but easier for her. Yes! It was a brilliant idea!

One that actually formed after he mentioned her bundle of art supplies. With her foot wedged within the doorway, Jackie took the chance and decided to proceed - in the direction of her fabulous plan. Her smile relaxed and she swung the bag over her shoulder, striding towards the exit. "Not all my supplies, but a good portion - most of the time. I find inspiration in the most curious of places," she replied smoothly. "You know what, I'd better bring my stuff along. In case something interesting happens."

-----------

Tobias should've known that his attempt would be completely eradicated by a bloody Hufflepuff whose head was so far up his own ass to notice the dozens of creatures that surrounded them. On top of that, he wasn't listening, and he was acting on reckless impulse. That was supposed to be his job, as a bloody Gryffindor, not Raj's.

Anger flashed over his features and he forcefully grabbed Raj's shoulder, yanking him back, while simultaneously turning to face the opposite side as the spiders began to approach from the back. "You fucking idiot," he spat out harshly before finally raising his wand. "Arania Exumai!" A flash of blue light emitted from the end of his wand, unleashing a powerful blast towards the closest batch of spiders coming from his direction.

They flew backwards from the force, only to be replaced by the following row of brothers and sisters. "How 'bout a trade? We'll give you this idiot and you consider letting us go," the boy murmured, before sending off another batch of blue light. "He's supposedly loyal and decent at blowing shit up. That's gotta be worth something? Right? No?" Another spider flew back. "Did you hear that? Even they don't fucking want you."

----------

The compliments would never get old. Ever. Vince would continue receiving them, and he'd continue to crack a completely immodest grin in response to them. Especially when they came from cute Quidditch players. "Got a half-assed one from Mr. Perfect, but I'm sure you know all about the special nooks and crannies this school has to offer, huh?" He asked, cocking his eyebrow upwards and temporarily breaching his contact from the action on the field to meet her gaze.
I'm not crazy, I'm confident.

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Bran wrote furiously with his Self-Inking Quill across the piece of parchment on his desk. He didn't know why Dirk had been absent from detention when his fellow Slytherin students could be bothered to attend. But whatever the reason, it was unacceptable. Bran knew he had to nip such behavior in the bud if he was going to be taken seriously and earn respect from his pupils. As he finished, he blew the ink dry and folded the paper into it's bright red magic envelope and held it out for is bird to deliver. Only the raven wasn't even in the room at all.

"Where is that blasted bird when I need him?", he shouted to no one and jumped up from his chair to find him. The most logical place to check first would be the owlery. If not there, maybe he would try the kitchen. Bran certainly wasn't going to deliver the Howler by hand! That would just be ridiculous and defeat the whole purpose of sending a letter.

Tr0llz0r

Post by Tr0llz0r » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:38 pm

As the game progressed, Norn noticed how his sister was wearing herself out. So, he hefted her on his back and began the walk to the school, with the Gryffindor Common Room as the destination, wondering what dinner would be, and if he can help in the kitchens for once...
WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS MOTHERF**KER!!

FlorenceRP
Bronze

Post by FlorenceRP » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:19 pm

"Raj, no!" Nick began, but by the time he got the words out the boy had already blew up some of the spiders. The boy had a moment to consider if the spiders would hurt like they did before the havoc set in. So he reacted, throwing the potion that he had been holding. The blue liquid shone for a second before exploding against the spiders, sending three of them flying. "I'm sorry! Please give us a chance to talk!" He heard Tobias' comment about Raj, which probably wasn't serious. But just to be sure, the blonde boy positioned himself slightly more in front of Raj.

==============================

Milan bit the inside of her lip when one of the snakes managed to score. It was rough enough that she tasted blood in her tongue, but for the moment she didn't care. "Goddammit. Dyl!" The boy didn't have to look at her to realize what she was planning. So he flew towards the Quaffle, managing to grab it before the other team. Milan flew ahead herself in the direction of the other team's hoops, and they tossed the ball between them, hoping to confuse the Keeper before Milan threw the Quaffle herself, while Dylan stayed out the scoring area.
-------

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:01 am

Flora’s eyes widened as Raj cast a spell, ruining their chances at befriending the spiderous creatures. “Shut up already, Tobias!” Of course, she was angry at her fellow Hufflepuff, but it shouldn’t have even crossed Tobias’s mind to sacrifice him. “Arania Exumai!” A flash of blue hit the next section of arachnids. The four made a great team, if you ignore the fact that one of them had gotten them into this mess. Maybe they could actually do this. One of the eight-legged monsters started to crawl up Flora’s leg, so she threw it as far as she could. “Ew ew ew ew!” she groaned.

- - -

Tamara smirked a little. “I do, as a matter of fact.” The Gryffindor didn’t have access to the Prefects’ Bathroom, but she knew her way around everything else. “I’d be honored,” she said jokingly, “to be your Hogwarts tour guide!” She pushed her glasses up nonchalantly as they slid down her nose. The game was getting a little better, as the defense became tighter. “When are you free, newbie?”
can I get uhhhhh homosexuality

Golden_
Bronze

Post by Golden_ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:35 pm

Although being quite delayed in his reaction, Vince finally turned his attention back to the field, as half the population within the stands burst into wild cheers. Slytherin had scored, sending the silver and green clad supporters into an absolute frenzy. Although he wasn't completely invested in his new representing team, being scored against wasn't a great feeling. Regardless, he clapped along with the crowd, especially knowing that the girl sitting beside him was all about sportsmanship.

After hearing her response and generous offer, Vince chuckled beneath his breath. "I'll be happy to accommodate my time to yours. It's not like I've got shit lined up to do."
I'm not crazy, I'm confident.

Trandafir
Intermediate Mod

Post by Trandafir » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:36 am

Yes, Raj had fucked it up. He was frightened already by the spiders coming at them, but Tobias' words were capable of making him feel even worse about the entire situation.

"Flora, look out! Arania Exumai!" The boy said, pointing his wand at the spider that was getting near his friend's leg and repeating the spell he'd heard them all using. It was useless to do anything but fighting now, so Raj joined the others at trying to throw back as many acromantula as they could, even if more kept coming their way.

"They're too many." Raj muttered in defeat, before blasting off another round of spiders. They wouldn't be able to hold for much longer if they kept coming at that speed, but before Raj could open his mouth again to suggest for them to run, a spider jumped on him from the side, moments before an arrow pierced through it's core.

Another arrow came from the same direction, and a third one, followed by the sound of a loud horn. The spiders remaining stopped attacking inmediately and ran back to the tree line, in the opposite direction from the man mounted on a white horse, the one with a bow and arrow that'd just came to their rescue.

It was only when he got closer that Raj noticed he wasn't mounted on a horse. He was the horse. A centaur, very different than the one they'd seen die; this one had younger looking features, as if he was about their age. His blond hair partially covered his blue eyes, that looked back at the group as he approached. "You children shouldn't be here. The acromantula are nothing compared to the true danger hiding in this forest."

"TEN POINTS TO RAVENCLAW!"

A smirk grew in John's lips when Milan was able to score a point for them, right after Slytherin. The boy's eyes then shifted to the small, golden spark right above Dylan's head; the golden snitch.

"Go after it, you useless idiot!" He murmured to their seeker, who seemed to be completely lost at his job. After he got the message, John knew he had to keep Fawley from noticing they'd just found the snitch; So he tossed at bludger at his head, with enough strenght to knock him out if he managed to hit the target successfully.

Chase's smile widened yet again and he acompanied Jackie outside, Where most of the students were already at. It was impossible to find a spot at Ravenclaw's side after the game had already started, so in order to keep Jackie as comfortable as possible, he settled for two empty seats among a couple first year Slytherin students. "It's 10x10." He said, reading the score. He was happy they hadn't missed too much of the game yet, as watching quidditch was very entertaining for him; even though he prefered soccer in most occasions.
Hey! Isn't it funny we all want what isn't right?

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:45 am

Flora had been ready to give up as the acromantula surrounded them, and it didn’t seem like they were going to stop until they were all dead. It wasn’t until she heard the blast of a horn and the little pattering of many spider legs that she realized her safety. At first sight, she thought the centaur in front of her was just a normal student. As her eyes adjusted, she could see his off-white fur, below where his stomach would be. Her heart was pounding in her chest so loudly that she could barely hear what the centaur was saying.

“We’re not children!” She stepped forward, almost yelling. She couldn’t really control her volume under stress. “We came here for a reason, we need to know who killed it!” The Hufflepuff didn’t specify what ‘it’ was. For some reason, Flora assumed everyone knew what was going through her head at the moment. She was shaking a little. It wasn’t all from fear. It was from adrenaline, nervousness, and sheer arrogance. The girl had no idea was she was doing, or what she could possibly face.

- -

Tamara watched Slytherin rack up some more points, and it seemed like they were going to keep it in the lead. She knew they were the better team, usually. Basically every year, Gryffindor and Slytherin win the Quidditch cup. Thsee details pissed off people like John and Flora, but being a Gryffindor, the girl didn’t mind.

“How about now? It looks like the snakes are going to win anyways..” She shrugged. She felt that this tour would be a lot more entertaining for her than watching Ravenclaw lose. Plus, the Gryffindor felt like she would save him the disappointment of watching his new house lose. “You probably aren’t a quidditch type anyways, right? I feel like most Ravenclaws aren’t.” Mara waited for his response before she would stand up, out of politeness.
Last edited by Octavia on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
can I get uhhhhh homosexuality

Firex

Post by Firex » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:50 am

Despite Blade's attempts at annoying the Ravenclaw chasers, they had managed to shoot a goal and keep the scores level. Oh well, he thought, the game's only just starting, really. But if that strategy wasn't going to work, he wasn't going to continue it. Hovering high above and to the side of where the main game of quidditch was being played, the seeker weighed up his next options. It was surely too early for him to sit around, waiting for the snitch, so maybe he should try and help the keeper at the goal hoops. Suddenly, just as Blade began to fly forwards, he felt a force jerk him backwards, with the sickening sound of wood cracking.
He had only a second to notice that it was John who had hit the bludger into the back of his broomstick before it spiralled out of control, and there wasn't even time to glare back amidst his alarm as he fell like a dead weight, spinning closer and closer to the ground. As his heart pounded in his chest, Blade tried to lift the nose of the broom into the air and fly upwards, but his efforts were in vain since the broom didn't respond at all, which only made him start to panic. Finally, stuff the rules of quidditch, he did as any frightened wizard would do and pulled out his wand, pointing it at himself. "Wingardium leviosa!" Blade cried out, using the easiest spell that he could think of to keep things flying. Unfortunately, this didn't work either. As any first grader would know, the levitatation charm is only useful on objects. Luckily, there was still a bit of time available, and Blade remembered arresto momentum. Frantically, he tried it a few times and something must have worked, since he slowed almost to a stop.