Hogwarts (1982) #5

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Cloudy Miyu

Re: Hogwarts (1982) #5

Post by Cloudy Miyu » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:09 am

Moka made a happy purring noise as Andrews hand caressed her furry ears.
Yuka grinned as her Tanuki burrowed into her collar. "I enjoy her company. Until recently, I've only ever spent time with her when I'm not studying."

The small girl visibly blanched when Johanna's shrill voice cut through her and Andrew's conversation. She watched, her almond eyes widening as the angry girl got closer. "Yabai..." she muttered to herself under her breath. Whatever was about to happen next would not be good at all. She felt anxiety wash over her like a wave, and she instantly began shrinking into herself, making her look smaller than she already was at her mere 5 feet. She almost looked like a first year once she'd hunched herself down enough, trying to drag attention away from herself.
"If I wanted to commit suicide, I would climb your ego and jump to your IQ." -Cake

Golden_

Post by Golden_ » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:27 pm

For obvious reasons, Jackie stayed silent throughout the entire heated exchange between Beatrice and Anima. Her shoulders slumped forward, while her gaze remained low, avoiding the red head and the awful words she spoke. It was clear that she felt no remorse for what she had done, and quite frankly, Jackie had no idea how or why she was still around to spread such hateful energy.

At one point, the poor girl debated backing away and disappearing into the crowd, just to get out of the situation. Fortunately, Beatrice gave Anima one last final verbal punch before dragging the Hufflepuff into the Great Hall after her. "No offense, but she is just awful," Jackie eventually blurted out, unable to hold back the frustration she was feeling.

-----------

Tobias remained silent for a moment, pondering over the subject Chase had brought up: Blade. They still needed to do something about him. Bloody hell, the enemies kept piling up, but nothing was being done about it. Regardless, they had more important things to deal with than meddling, pathetic snakes like Blade, Roger, and Snape.

"Blade can go suck an egg, for all I care. We have more important things to deal with right now," Tobias murmured, flinging off his blanket and swinging his legs off the bed, in a rather determined fashion. He glanced at his other roommates, deciding he'd have to wait until they were gone to tell Chase.

The boy wasn't sure if Dumbledore was going to share such information with the school, as there was literally nothing left but a dead body. No suspect, no motive, no clues. If anything, it was just a centaur problem; in a place forbidden to students. Still, the old man might want to create chaos and paranoia within the student population. For that, Tobias wasn't going to be responsible.

-----------

Due to the absurd weather, Vince had arrived to Hogwarts late. Not just a little late; more like an entire blimming day type of late. Needless to say, by the time he had arrived at the front doors, in the early hours of the morning, Vince was in a horrible mood. He had entered an eternal state of cold, and no matter how many bloody darts he smoked, he couldn't warm his hands or face up. It was dreadful. On top of that, he was starved. It was quite possible he could eat an entire horse. What did they serve here?

He was greeted by some overly ecstatic blonde witch, who told him to immediately put out the cigarette hanging between his lips and to follow him through the castle. She led him through the empty hallways, babbling on about the school and how wonderful it was to have him join the community. Hah. If only.

Soon enough, she stopped in front of a massive Phoenix statue, muttered something beneath her breath, and opened up a staircase - presumably to the headmasters office.
I'm not crazy, I'm confident.

MidnightSky

Post by MidnightSky » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Ani stood in shock for a few seconds, her mouth hanging slightly open. She watched Beatrice pull Jackie away, but still found that her legs wouldn't move. She wasn't leaving her sister. She was helping her. Beatrice was clearly trying to manipulate her, and make Ani feel bad. She shook her head, finding the power to turn around to look for Johanna. Ani walked towards her true friend, leaving her enough space to deal with Andrew on her own.
"Quem roubou o meu milho?"

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:25 pm

"None taken," Beatrice murmured, letting go of Jackie's wrist as they walked into the great hall. First think she did after entering was look towards the Gryffindor table and notice that Tobias wasn't there yet. The realization didn't do anything to improve the girl's sour mood. She glanced through the hall in search for company, and later laid her eyes on Andrew, who was already being questioned by Johanna. She hoped he could handle himself... She decided to watch from afar from now, in case he ended up needing any help.

More important things? Chase had no freaking clue of what Tobias was talking about, but the way he had looked at their other roommates made it clear that whatever it was, it was private. "I'm going on a date with Jackie, by the way. Sinclair." He said nonchallantly, sitting down on his bed, fully dressed and ready to go down for breakfast. After what Tobias had said, there was nothing for him to do but wait for Atlas and Noah to leave or Tobias to finish getting ready, so they could find somewhere more private for him to share his secret. He didn't know what it was, but he could bet it was important.

"You would know, you disgusting pig!" Johanna let out through her teeth, taking her wand out of his pocked and pointing it at Andrew. She barely noticed Yuka and Anima's presence at that point, from how angry she was. "Calvario!"

"Welcome to Hogwarts, Mr. Cohen." The old man greeted with a smile, when Wanda entered his office with Vincent. "Let's make it quick, shall we? You must be starving! How was your journey, did it go well?"

While the Headmaster engaged in a conversation with the new student, Wanda reached for the sorting hat in one of the shelves and swang her hips back to the boy's side. "It'll only take a moment, darling!" Wanda said with a giggle, placing the old had on top of Vincent's head.
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard

Crimsigon-718

Post by Crimsigon-718 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:12 pm

As Cassandra sauntered over to the Ravenclaw table she was soon overtaken by Anima and Johanna, the latter looking furious and staring at Andrew who was sitting beside the girl Yuki. Intrigued Cassandra rushed forward and watched as Johanna screamed at Andrew before casting a spell at him. Knowing if she was caught in a fight once more Flitwick would be on her case she chose to offer her moral support and began to slowly remove her wand purely to make Andrew and Yuki feel cornered and against more than one opponent.
Munditia Enim Virtutis Dei

Chewable_tablets

Post by Chewable_tablets » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Noah attempted to leave the Gryffindor tower as soon as possible. For the most part, the boy ignored whatever conversation Chase and Tobias were having. Apart from Chase stating that his 'date' was that Jackie girl from yesterday. He chuckled a bit and determined that that was going to go one of two ways. On his way out, Noah hoped that it was going to be the one where Chase is horribly rejected for once.

Once he arrived at the entrance to the Great Hall, the Gryffindor noticed a large group of other students around some posters. Wondering what the commotion was about, he tried to push his way through the group to see for himself what everyone was looking at. Many of the students were beginning to disperse, so getting to the front was not too difficult. The one that caught his eye was some weird, flashy poster that was requesting a Charms tutor. The boy was at first confused as to why so many people were gathered because of that. It took Noah a few more seconds to notice the simple piece of paper that announced the roles for the play auditions. Oh, they sure made their decisions quick.... I wonder if I made the team he thought. Scanning the list of names, the boy found his around the midsection of the page. "Noah Cross as Nick Bottom... Hmmm... Wait a minute" he recited before realizing something. His knowledge of 'A Midsummer's Night Dream' was a bit fuzzy. He remembered reading the work once before he attended Hogwarts. Although he did remember the major things. Wasn't Nick Bottom the guy that had his head turned into a donkey's for being terrible at his job? Yep... that was definitely the guy. Noah groaned and put his hand to his face once again once the realization that he likely got one of the most embarrassing parts in the play set in. Well... at least he got a part, right? After that discovery, the Gryffindor turned away and entered the Great Hall.
The rebirth

Special thanks to Haru Kitsu on Twitter for the amazing profile art

Golden_

Post by Golden_ » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:52 am

It didn't take long for an awkward silence to fill the already tense atmosphere within the tiny pocket Jackie and Beatrice were standing in. But what else did she expect? Beatrice wasn't exactly easy to get along with - even with her new found acceptance of muggle-borns and supposed "blood traitors."

After a few more seconds of nothingness, the Hufflepuff finally decoded to pipe in. "Thanks for, uh, stepping in like that. You're welcome to sit - only if you want. I'll just be over there. Somewhere..." Jackie managed to turn around in a very flimsy-like manner, in order to point out an empty section at the Puff table, before giving the brunette one final smile. She didn't waste another second afterwards, quickly speeding off the claim the spot as her own.

----------

Tobias was glad to see that both Noah and Chase had gotten the hint. Once Atlas was out of the room too, presumably to take a shower, Tobias stood up from his bed and wandered over to his chest, in pursuit of some warm clothes. He grabbed a jumper before moving closer to Chase. "I watched a centaur bleed out last night. In the Forbidden Forest. His throat was ripped out and he was still alive... Something bad is out there, and I spent hours - hours looking for it last night," he murmured in a quiet (and raspy) voice.

------------

Vincent wasn't happy to have some rusty old hat plopped onto his head - without permission, might I add. Not only did it smell like crap, but it seemed to settle onto his scalp nicely, sliding down over the edge of his forehead by itself. Was head lice not a problem for sophisticated English folk? To make it even better, the hat began to speak. Not to Vince, or Dumbledore, or chubby barbie - but to itself.

It was brief, mentioning something about slyther-something and something-claw. And then muggle influence. Finally, it roared out, "Ravenclaw!"

"Exemplary," Vince exclaimed once the hat was moved, instantly running his hand through the long locks protruding from his head. "It was truly a prolonged journey. This weather just made it so much more treacherous - especially for someone like me. Although I must admit, these forests and landscapes are stunning."

"Now, what about breakfast?"
I'm not crazy, I'm confident.

Firex

Post by Firex » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:00 pm

Blade was tired of the silly arguments that his friends were having, so he let his mind wander whilst watching them. Why couldn't he just have things the way they always used to be: friendships without suspicions, and a happy, muggle free life. The rise of this Harry Potter kid had ruined it all, but maybe when Lord Voldemort returned things would go back to normal. Blade was glad to see the conversation end without wands or fists being pulled out, and zoned back in to hear that the girl who had been hiding behind Beatrice was Jackie, who he assumed was the very same one he was looking for. So he followed after them into the hall, and walked right up to Jackie at the Hufflepuff table. "Hi, I'm Blade. You were looking for a charms tutor, right?" The Slytherin remembered to fake a smile before continuing. "May I sit here?"

carry_mknn

Post by carry_mknn » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Andrew didn't think the situation would wrap up like this. He didn't think about taking out his wand, neither casting the protego spell. So, when Johanna's wand expelled a strong light, the almond haired boy did not retaliate. Andrew saw his hair falling everywhere on Ravenclaw's table and started panicking inside. Passing a hand through his, well, now bald head, the first thing Andrew felt wasn't anger, but despair. The boy promptly took out his wand and pointed it at Johanna's head - in fact, to her awful hat. "Accio!"

He didn't bother waiting around for whatever would happen, thinking it was better to keep whatever was left of his reputation, Andrew hurriedly put the hat on his head and got up, bumping into Cassandra and Anima on his way out of the Great Hall.
crazy together

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Beatrice didn't know how to react to Jackie's offer, mostly because... Well, she wanted to sit with the girl. None of her friends were around, Andrew had just ran off with Johanna's hat and having someone to talk to was better than eating alone. Then it came the difficult part; Jackie was a Hufflepuff. It was likely that she'd only invited her to sit with her to be polite, and things would've been way too awkward if Beatrice did decide to join the girl. What truly helped her make up her mind however, was the fact that Blade had just approached the girl and the brunette was sick and tired of comflicts that morning.

Beatrice looked away from the Hufflepuff table and sat down at her own, next to a group of first years. They didn't seem too comfortable with her presence, but she couldn't care less about what 11 year old kids thought of her.

"No wonder you're sick," Chase estated, even though he was still digesting Tobias' words. The way he'd said it made it sound serious - well, of course he was being serious, ceuntaurs were some of the nicest and more peaceful magic creatures he'd ever had the pleasure of knowing. "But what does it have to do with us? It's no secret that the forest is dangerous, there's a reason to why it's called 'forbidden'."

Johanna wasn't happy, but she was at least satisfied with the sight of Andrew going bald. Before he'd stolen her hat, that was. The blonde let out a gasp in surprise, instinctively lifting her arms up to try and cover her enormous block of vertical hair. Her hat was gone. There was no way of hiding it now.

Raj would've waited for Nick to get ready, if he wasn't too hungry for waiting. After an apology, the boy ran out of his common room and towards the hall, arriving right in time to see the two Slytherins exchanging hats at the Ravenclaw table.

"... What's going on?" He asked as soon as he got to the Hufflepuff table, sitting in between Ashling and Jackie. He noticed Johanna's hair, and despite it being a funny sight, he didn't dare to laugh. He'd seen her intimidating people before, and he'd gladly stay out of her radar for as long as he could. "Hey!" Raj added with a smile, only then noticing that Blade had decided to pay a visit to the puffs.

Dumbledore smirked at the boy's response (and the annoyed expression on his features.) "We shall go to breakfast soon, there are a few important announcements to be made." The man said in a kind yet mysterious tone, as the hat was taken out of Vincent's head by Wanda.

A few minutes later, after a dark blue and blonze tie had been arranged to the new Hogwarts' student, and explanations about the four houses and basic ground rules had been cleared out, Albus and Wanda accompanied Vincent towards the great hall.

"Your house prefects are John Huddleston and Cassandra Pointlark. I'm sure they'll be glad to assist you in any difficulty you may have." The Headmaster said before parting ways and heading out to the professor's table, along with Wanda Mary Vane.
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard