Hogwarts (1982) #5

Trandafir
Intermediate Mod

Re: Hogwarts (1982) #5

Post by Trandafir » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:05 pm

Perhaps Raj's fairly obvious. Or too obvious. He watched in shock as Tobias escaped Firenze's gasp and left with the others deeper into the woods. For what felt like a long time the young Hufflepuff couldn't seem to move his feet, until Flora's calling woke him up from his 'freaked out' state.

"Y-yes!" He said before fast walking towards the group, hoping that the centaur wouldn't pick him up like he did with Tobias. It was frightening to walk aimlessly into the forest searching for a vampire, but it was surely best than being left alone in the company of an angry centaur.

Firenze didn't think that small group of Hufflepuffs (and a Gryffindor) could be reckless to the point of ignoring his wise advice. After being called a prick by the boy who escaped him, the one the others called Tobias, Firenze was left with a predicament. He was hardly the sort of centaur who'd get annoyed easily, but part of him wished to mind his own business and leave the group of ungrateful teenagers on their own. A greater part of him however, knew that they were his resposibility now and that he wouldn't be able to forgive himself if they did end up finding the monster they were hunting for.

After spending some time on his own making up his mind, Firenze caught up with the group when they seemed to have stopped in front of a regular bush. "You nearly got eaten by harmless acromantulas. What makes you think you can fight a vampire?" Firenze asked, a bit more irritated than he had intended to.

"Stop following me," Beatrice hissed over her shoulder at the sound of Anima's footsteps. Despite knowing they were likely just heading towards the same direction, her anger at the loss got her in the sort of mood to create meaningless comflict. As she got to the changing rooms the brunette started to remove her gear and wiped her sweaty forehead, getting ready for a cold shower before heading out to try and find her boyfriend.

After Jackie's dramatic line, Chase thought it'd be better to just drop the subject there. He enjoyed the rest of the match and was thrilled with Ravenclaw's victory, turning to Jackie with an enormous grin when the girl mentioned his second favorite super hero. "Really?" He asked, taking a second look at Ravenclaw's seeker that was now being praised by his entire team. "I mean, he doesn't wear glasses and he can fly, so they've got that in common. But he isn't nearly as handsome." He added, standing up from his seat like most students around him.
Hey! Isn't it funny we all want what isn't right?

Firex

Post by Firex » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:55 am

Blade stopped as Dylan blocked off his path to John, letting the Ravenclaw captain get away. If he couldn't catch John in the air, he would have to wait until they were both back on the ground.
Unfortunately, no matter how amazing a seeker is though, the key to catching the golden snitch is speed, meaning that a broken broom would certainly not do, especially since Blade was used to using almost top of the line broomsticks. However, this didn't stop the Slytherin captain from thinking, when they lost, that it was his responsibility. Quidditch was now his life, and he had only one job. Failing also meant that he had humiliated all of the Slytherin house.
But of course, all of this was really John's fault, and Blade thought that it was extremely unfair that the Ravenclaw hadn't been punished - yet. Suddenly, Blade had an idea. He knew how he could both humiliate John and re-establish himself, and the more he thought about it, the better the idea sounded. It would be a bit risky, and definitely against school rules, but as long as no teacher knew about it...
However, before he could actually do anything, he was distracted by a familiar red envelope, which was luckily addressed to Dirk rather than himself. Chuckling along with the other students, Blade then headed to the change rooms.

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Flora walked along, following in Tobias and Nick’s lead. “There’s no way we should use one of us as bait! That’s very dangerous, and probably humiliating for the bait.” The girl was becoming increasingly more tense as she walked, afraid that at any point, a vampire could pop out. Even just the movement of the wind made her aware. It took her a few minutes to realize Firenze was actually following them until he spoke.

“I’m not quite sure yet, actually. But to be fair, we never had a lesson on how to fend off an acromantula! We had a lesson on vampires a few days ago!” She said this in attempt to convince the centaur, but also herself, in a way.

Tamara’s cheeks had reddened from be cold, but she was beaming. Vincent just earned them a trip to France! “That was definitely not normal, I can tell you that..” she smiled, already excited. “I’ve never travelled outside of England or Scotland before, my family could never afford a huge trip. This is amazing!” The Gryffindor took a deep breath, calming herself down so she could continue the tour.

“Anyways, I suppose I’ll take you to the kitchens first! If you’re polite to the house elves, they’ll treat you kindly. I sometimes come in after breakfast for a pastry that I can bring to class.” She turned around and began to walk in the direction, thinking of the next place to take him. They didn’t have much time left in their free time, but she could try to fit a few more places in.
can I get uhhhhh homosexuality

Golden_
Bronze

Post by Golden_ » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:48 pm

Before the duo managed to step out of the packed Quidditch arena, Jackie made sure to get a good look at the Ravenclaw seeker, who was now being (wrongfully) compared to a muggle superhero. Her eyes narrowed and she adjusted her own glasses, with hopes of determining his handsomeness. After all, she was quite an expert - especially when it came to fictional characters. "That's not fair," she ended up saying, giving up on her scrutiny to blend in with the chatty crowd. "You can't really compare anyone to Superman. Appearance-wise, of course. But, I must say, he sure is a contender." Jackie couldn't help but add in the last line, for her own reassurance. Going around and judging people based on their physical looks, then proceeding to badger them, wasn't what she wanted to do.

----------

"I wasn't talking about one of us," Tobias whispered back to Flora, before the prick graced them with his presence once again. He eyed the creature silently, deciding to ignore his pessimistic attitude out of pure annoyance. Thankfully, Flora was able to respond instead, in a somewhat convincing way.

He walked in silence for a little while, contemplating his next move. Soon enough, he decided to speak once more, this time to extract some potentially valuable information out of Firenze. "So. Did you know the guy we found yesterday?"

-----------

Tamara's reaction kind of warmed Vince's ice cold heart. Kind of. Only in the slightest bit. Because the rest of him thought about the fact that she owed him now. A little tour around the castle wouldn't be enough to pay for a trip to Paris - metaphorically of course. He put on a smile though, pushing those thoughts away while the girl continued to speak and lead. "Oh, these are the slaves that make our food. Lovely. How do you become besties with a kitchen slave?"
I'm not crazy, I'm confident.

MidnightSky

Post by MidnightSky » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:41 pm

Ani scoffed, still following Beatrice into the changing rooms. She was going there anyway. Ani sat cross-legged on the bench next to her uniform, thinking. "Need some help finding your boyfriend then? I'd love to put a good hex on him - you know, for not being here."
"Quem roubou o meu milho?"

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:21 am

Prof. Racort tried to keep a calm measured tone in his response to what the impudent brat said to him with such defiance, but it wasn't easy.

"Well, you'll be happy to know that you aren't required to have respect for me, only show it. Just fake it if you have to... and furthermore, no you may not leave and I do mind! I am not letting you go just so I have to hunt you down when you don't show again!"

When Dirk had the audaudacity to turn his back on him and try to leave the classroom, Bran gave a swish and flourish of his wand at the heavy wooden door which slammed itself shut in the Slytherin boy's face and proceeding to magically locked itself securely.

"I am sure your probably used to having everything your way and whenever you want it, but not tonight. You're probably so excited about your lavish trip to Paris (oh yes, the whole school knows) where you'll have so much fun, but not tonight. Tonight you are serving detention, and detention means it is how I want it and when. If cleaning is really not punishment to you, then prove it; stop stalling and get to it. Now, your wand!"

At this he started walking across the room to relieve the student of the magical instrument himself.
Last edited by AeronGrey on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Dirk handed over the wand no problem. “Sir, I live in Paris, it’s not exactly a vacation to me. In fact I’d rather clean fifty fish tanks than go. Did you know Paris has suicide hotlines because tourists get so disappointed that they want to literally kill themselves? Just something to think about.”

Dirk picked up a rag and started to scrub the inside of the tank, the algae removing easily because it’s really not that hard. “Now sir, I must warn you that I’m very sweaty and while I have no problem cleaning this tank, I’m not going to stop your room smelling like arse when you are the one who won’t let me change.”

~~~~~~~~~

Jake smiled, looking down at his dog, “Hear that lady, you’re cute.” He liked talking to his dog much more than people, but he didn’t mind the latter. Lady was just better at keeping secrets. He stepped inside, feeling the rush of warm air.

~~~~~~~~~

Adriana was once again alone with her thoughts and the company of cigarette smoke. It was comforting at the least. Dirk had this crazy idea that smoke was bad for your lungs or whatever. How stupid!
Go ahead and buy yourself a drink
Cause you know you’re deserving of it
Go ahead and cry yourself to sleep

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:38 pm

Arya decided to speak up some as the warmth engulfed her as well, causing a relieved sigh from the ginger. "So, uhm.." She had absolutely no idea how to do smalltalk, but the shortie tried it anyways. "What's your favorite class?" A soft smile was visible on the girl's face, she was clearly doing her best to become friends with Jake. Maybe she could hang out with him some more! That would be cool. At least then she wouldn't have to sit around all quietly while everyone else around her was having the time of their life. She sure was everything but a Gryffindor, that was for sure.
Love, Kitty!

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:17 am

Professor Racort just snatched up the wand from the boy and turned sharply, his dark robes swishing around him, before walking back to his desk. He was glad he had his back turned because he couldn't help rolling his eyes when Dirk complained how dreadful Paris really was and how he smelled like an arse. But at least he had begun calling him 'Sir' and showing some respect, even if only in a completely insincere way. Bran decided to return the gesture.

"Thank you very much Mr. Morte for your concern and consideration for my nose, but you needn't worry. I shall sit way over here and air out the room when you're done."

With that, he slumped down into his chair, tossed the boy's wand on his desk, and picked up the sucker which he put back in his mouth. Then he grabbed his book, some old dusty tome on the biology of dragons, and began to read to pass the time. Ever so often he would look up to make sure that Dirk wasn't slacking off.

Trandafir
Intermediate Mod

Post by Trandafir » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:25 am

Firenze's lips parted in disbelief at the girl's simple answer to his question. He jogged forward to catch up with the group and walk beside them, lifting his legs up high to avoid stepping on larger bushes. "Where is the professor who taught you how to fend off vampires again? Oh, at the bottom of a lake." That's right, even in the dark forest they'd heard of what'd happened to the former DADA professor. The centaur was about to continue on why they had no idea of what they were doing when Tobias managed to shut him up, at least momentarily. "We're a clan. We all knew each other." He said on a low voice, avoiding to meet any of the kids' gaze as he spoke. "Light up your wands, it'll only get darker from this point forward."

Raj obeyed the centaur's orders and couldn't help but notice his change of atitute. He followed closely behind the group through a narrower path, where the trees grew taller and covered what was little left of the sky above them.

"That guy?" Chase muttered with a chuckle, looking once again over at the skinny ravenclaw seeker. He walked next to Jackie in silence for a moment until an idea poped up. The Gryffindor rushed his steps and stopped in front of the rainbow colored girl, carefully removing her glasses before she could stop him.

"Come on, I'm way more suited as a Clark Kent. Just picture me with darker hair and a lot of hair gel." He said while putting on the girl's glasses, and afterwards assuming a superhero-like posture. "Woah, you're blind." He added, squinting his eyes to try and see clearer through the lenses.
Hey! Isn't it funny we all want what isn't right?