Minor Betrayal [Reserved Harley]

Queen Harley

Re: Minor Betrayal [Reserved Harley]

Post by Queen Harley » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:24 pm

Dan really was expecting the response he got so it didn't shock him Genna didn't say much. She wasn't there for the end of the relationship and she never really got to see the inner workings of what he had with Bree. No, he kept that wrapped up with a little bow on top. Finn and Luke had their ideas and saw more, but Dan never spoke a word of it. It was a messy and unhealthy way of dealing with everything that went down but telling people would cause more trouble than it was worth. He wasn't going back to someone people were simultaneously terrified of but also someone they treated like they were made of glass. He'd rather keep the person people were just terrified of pissing off. He knew what he said sounded suspicious, and he planned on telling Genna because of all people she deserved to know. "Yeah. Things weren't as picture perfect as you might have thought."

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:43 am

"Nothing ever is..."she muttered. Even if things seemed to be going fine on the outside there was always a darkness that lingered on the inside. Outsiders never saw just what occurred behind closed doors, the hardships that others went through. Not unless those who were going through it opened up to someone, but that was difficult for some to do. Needless to say she wasn't surprised that Dan and Bree had issues, and that he kept it to himself, but what relationship didn't? Even Genna and Nathan had their fair share of problems though they always got through them because they had deeply loved each other. They had truly been the perfect couple, but something told her that Dan meant something a bit different. Did she want to know if he chose to tell her? Genna had always been protective of Dan and even after having been apart for so long she still felt that need to protect him. Despite her femininity she did know how to pack a punch, due to him, and she had thrown a few for him in the past. Not that she was really up to any of that at the moment, more like she felt like crawling up into a ball and moping for a little while. Yet anger did things to people...she knew that all too well.

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:26 pm

"You got that right," he said under his breath, feeling his phone buzzing in his pocket as he drove and he was getting annoyed by the sound of it. He loved his friends, he really did even if he didn't say it much, but the constant stream of messages today was getting irritating. The group chat with Emmett, Damian and Parker was going nonstop and Finn was texting him relentlessly. He'd just wanted a day in the park, sitting under the shade of the tree and doing his marine biology coursework. Everything was just flipped upside down for him today. No doubt Emmett knew Finn was on their way now, which added to the stream of texts. He was sure of it. He let out an irritated sigh, the idea of Bree being back settling in more as he thought about it. How was Genna going to react? She'd always been protective of him, even though he insisted that he could defend himself. And on top of that, she set them up which would probably make the news way worse. Would she be the first one he told the whole story to? Even though they had been apart for so long, Dan still trusted Genna more than most people. He couldn't quite explain why, but she was always one of few that he went to with anything; Finn, Luke and Damian were the rest of the small group. They were who he could really talk to, the ones he was most comfortable with. He trusted the rest of the guys with his life, but there were certain things he wasn't ready to tell them. He took a deep breath, as if he was preparing himself to tell Genna something. At least, the start of something. "You...you didn't ever see it, but we were toxic. Everything I put up for you to see was a show and you were out of my life by the time I broke things off."

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:08 am

Genna sighed and softly rest the side of her head against the window, still looking out of it though not really seeing anything. Crying always made her feel tired, numb, and in a way she guessed it was a way for her system to protect her from the mental torment damaging her any further. If she was too tired to feel the chance she would fall back into that darkness that swept her away in the first place. She didn't want Shiloh seeing that side of her, it was bad enough that Dan had experience with it. He was tougher than Shiloh in some ways however, she wasn't sure how she deal with being treated the way that dark Genna had treated people. Some days she could see a hint of that girl deep in her eyes, rehab only helped so much...it was on her to keep that back. Dan seemed to have accepted her back into his life already, she didn't want to lose him again. Her gaze shifted as she heard his phone vibrating away, it was constant which made it loud so she knew he was getting multiple texts. She thought to tell him to pull over so he could answer whoever, or at least tell them he would reply later, but thought better of it. Even now it was easy for her to read him and she knew he was annoyed if not irritated. So instead she went back to window gazing, thinking about nothing this time. That is, until he spoke up again. Toxic? Genna wasn't sure what he meant and again she didn't know if she wanted to know, her stomach clenched as if it knew it wasn't good news. Had Bree hurt him? "You were one to try and hide your pains from me too..."she pointed out. He hadn't always been good at that, but she knew at the end there it was easy to do what with her dealing with Nathan's passing and her breakdown. Before that she had just wanted him to be happy with someone just as she had been happy with Nathan, so maybe she just didn't want to see that anything was wrong. "I'm sorry..."

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:18 pm

Another unintentional, bitter laugh left Dan. You've got to keep it together now, Neilson, he thought as he pulled up to a stop light. "I hide my pains from everyone. Too much of a fucking burden on people, easier to deal with on my own," he said with the shrug of his shoulders and a sigh. He had always done that, always kept things so bottled up. He came to master the art of hiding things and keeping his demons out of sight from other people. Things were easier to cope with when people weren't treating him like something that would shatter, like someone that was crazy. God, he hated being called crazy. It was infuriating, to be treated as if you were crazy and...that was what Bree did. A chill ran down his spine at the thought. He honestly didn't know how he would react if he saw her again. In his head, he was strong, a bad ass while she was the one making a scene; it would be like he didn't even feel anything concerning the situation and he could handle seeing her. But he had a sickening feeling that wouldn't be as picture perfect as he hoped. "Sorry? You're sorry? Why? It's my own fault for staying," he told her, sending a glance her way before focusing on the road again as he pulled up to his apartment. It had been a while since Genna was around here. And here he was, pulling up to a stop by his apartment with her after all this time and about to reveal a chunk of his life he'd kept secret from everyone but himself. But he trusted Genna with his life, even after their split. He always had a feeling they'd come back to each other at some point. "I..." He stopped for a moment, gathering his thoughts mostly but also some courage as he leaned his head back against the head rest of his seat. "Bree wasn't good. We were happy at one point, but that...didn't last. Suddenly I was crazy. Out of control." A humorless laugh left him, like he was suddenly lost in his head. He wasn't focused on what he was saying and the look in his eyes spoke volumes about that. "I was crazy. We were toxic. She wanted to fix me. A lot of scars...mentally and physically."

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Genna knew better than that. It wasn't easier keeping things bottled up, but it was a lie people like them fed themselves to feel better about it. If they lashed out it was on them and no one else's fault. Trust was such a fickle thing, making her wonder why anybody tried at all. People like them hurt other people, they never meant it but it always happened because they refused the help. She was very lucky to have been able to ask for it, even though she still had her bottling problems. All the damage she had caused after Nathan died, she never wanted to cause again. This wasn't about her though. Dan's been through a lot, but he wasn't as alone as he seemed to think he was. "I introduced you." Bree had been a sweet girl when Genna had last known her, not the closest of friends but they hung out a few times. Thinking back...she couldn't remember why she thought they would be perfect together, aside from said sweetness. Had she missed something? It had been such a long time ago, when was the last time she even spoke to Bree? Her brain was starting to hurt, but Dan spoke again to draw her out of her thoughts before she hurt herself. "Well I think everyone is to a certain extent..." Genna replied slowly, it seemed she didn't understand what he was implying or maybe she didn't want to because this involved him. They've both occasionally gone overboard standing up for each other, she knew it wasn't pretty when she got angry. He went on though and she knew she couldn't purposely misunderstand toxicity or scars. A normal bad relationship didn't leave someone with scars. "What do you mean, Dan?" The question was filled with hesitation, but otherwise her tone was blank as if she were gauging just how pissed she was going to be in the near future.

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:35 am

There were a few moments of silence, and in those moments were when the look in Dan's eyes shifted again for a few brief moments; he was still lost in his head, still not focused on the things he was saying out loud but fear flashed into his expression when he heard Genna's question. Fear wasn't something that Dan ever showed often, but in this moment he was far more vulnerable. It was like he was in a trance, as if Genna wasn't there and he was just with his own thoughts. "Bree thought I was crazy. Batshit crazy. Maybe I am. She wanted to fix my head...reel me back in from going too far. I'm more impulsive when I'm up, more...prone to anger and wild things. She didn't like that. Didn't like that I went from up to down in periods," Dan told her, a shaky sigh leaving him and a few tears falling down his cheek. There was a moment he thought that he would fully breakdown, but he couldn't do that. He was trying to keep that at bay, let it happen when he was in his room. Keep it together, he reminded himself, using the back of the sleeve of his sweater to wipe the tears away with a bitter laugh. "Bree didn't care. Too many scars...I mean, when I ended it I left with a black eye."

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:12 am

Genna didn't like going from one negative emotion straight into another yet here she was. Sadness to anger. No words left her however, she didn't curse or demand answers from him. She simply just stared silently through the windshield, like a lioness stalking her prey, digging her manicured nails in her arms. Long ago she would've demanded to know the location of the culprit to give them what they deserved right away, but if rehab taught her anything it was patience. Dan was freaking out pretty badly so Bree had either contacted him or he heard something. As much as she wanted to ask him she refrained, too angry to get a word out. Every fiber of her being was screaming for her to hunt the piece of trash down and punch her in the face. See how she liked it. If everything in reach right now wasn't expensive she would break something. Instead she bit her lip, hard, throwing open her door and slammed it a little too hard behind her followed by a swift kick to her tire. Genna wasn't particularly violent but there were people you just didn't mess with; Shiloh being one, Dan the other. Funny how even though they hadn't talked in ages before this she was still ready to kill someone for him. Ugh!

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:34 am

The sound of the door slamming next to him snapped Dan back into reality. He sat in her car for a few moments longer before what he just said to Genna really sunk in and hit him; now Genna held the most information about him and his past he did so much work to keep under wraps. Not even Luke, Damian or Finn knew all of that. They held bits and pieces, had their suspicions but he never dared to confirm more because he would tell them when he was fully ready to. And now Genna had most of the story. He could see his hands shaking as he grabbed his bag from the backseat at the thought of the other part of the story Genna had yet to find out. He managed to pull his keys out of his bag and did silent gesture with his head to his apartment to get Genna to follow him, letting them inside and tossing his bag down on his counter once they were inside. Of all people, Genna deserved to know this. Not because he blamed her or because she should have done something, but because this was his best friend. She missed all of this when they parted ways. He needed her to know what brought him to who he was currently. His phone vibrated in his pocket a few more times, which dulled the anxiety for a moment as he let out an irritated sigh and checked his phone finally; 78 new messages. The guys were blowing up the group chat, Finn had texted Emmett who was texting him separately now, Ingrid sent a few since apparently Finn texted her too, there were a few from Luke and from his mom. He knew Finn didn't text everyone to tell them to bother him, only Emmett and Ingrid. But 78 new messages? "Fuck..." he muttered, the first word to leave him since he told Genna about Bree.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:15 pm

Genna couldn't remember the last time she was this angry, probably when Shiloh got purposely injured at work but her thoughts were all over. This wasn't a good feeling, but there was no simple way to calm down. Not when she had Dan to worry about. All she could do for now was push it aside and deal with it later when she was by herself. She took a breath and glanced at Dan when he got out of the car, catching the head movement telling her to follow him which she did. He was quiet but she didn't expect him to say anything after all of that, she didn't feel like talking either but she didn't know what to say. What did one even say to news like that? Aside from the obvious profanities that were filling her head but it wasn't the time or person she could say those to. Dan heard her cuss before, but this involved him and she didn't know if he'd enjoy hearing her call that witch...things. Genna shook her head and leaned against a wall when they were inside, crossing her arms tightly in front of her as if to keep herself from killing somebody. Until she heard him say something and she glanced at him again. "If it's something important I can go so you can take care of it." She said softly, unsure who was texting him or what about, but his phone had been going off nonstop so it had to be important right? There were plenty of hotels in the city.