Minor Betrayal [Reserved Harley]

Queen Harley

Re: Minor Betrayal [Reserved Harley]

Post by Queen Harley » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:02 am

Dan continued to rub circles into Genna's back, shaking his head once she finished speaking. "She's a bitch and her words don't mean anything. She's wrong. It wasn't your fault," he whispered. Genna's mother, if she could even deserve to be called that at this point, had a way with words that never failed to put Genna down. It had always been like that, but Dan knew better than to let what she said get to Genna. "None of it was. Nathan would want you to celebrate his life, not blame yourself." He knew it was hard to stop blaming yourself when tragic things happen, he got that better than most people ever did. But Genna couldn't go on like this, couldn't live her life thinking that she was the reason any of that happened to Nathan. He let out a sigh; he knew it would be hard for her to accept, but she needed to right now. He wasn't going to let her slip away again. He couldn't bear to watch her fall down so far another time, it hurt the both of them far too much the first time. No, he was going to just let her cry it out a bit and keep her afloat like he always promised he would. Even though his current mental state was a wreck, he would sacrifice it if it meant helping Genna right now.

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Genna shook her head. "If I hadn't b-been running late, or w-wearing th-those stupid clothes...he'd s-still be here..." she argued. That night her parents had been throwing a stupid event for rich people. Her plan had been to sneak out early to spend time with Nathan but her parents had caught her and made her stay longer. It wasn't until thirty minutes after she was supposed to meet him that finally she managed to get out, but she hadn't been able to get into normal clothes in fear he would think she forgot him and leave upset... She went out that back door still in an obviously expensive dress and those men saw that. They held her up at gun point and he stepped in, they shot him and took her purse when she dropped it. How was she not supposed to blame herself? Sure she got her things back when the cops arrested the men but...he was still gone. "If they hadn't thrown that stupid event...!" She cried out, slamming her fists against the dashboard in frustration. Her parents never liked Nathan, they had known it was their anniversary and yet planned that event on that night anyway so really it was their fault he was dead! This was normal, she went back and forth blaming herself and her parents. The true people to blame were those men, but...there were some days she couldn't help but wonder if her parents hired those men to...she shook her head. They had disliked him, but surely not that much...

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:17 pm

"Genna, listen to me," Dan insisted, turning his body in a way that looked uncomfortable so he could grab her by the shoulders. He didn't really care if it wasn't comfortable; his comfort wasn't a priority right now. Genna's was. "This was not your fault. It's no one's fault but that guy that held the gun. Do you understand? Nathan wouldn't want you blaming yourself like this," he told her, knowing full well that she switched the blame back and forth but primarily would blame herself. "You gotta come back down. Just you and me here, alright? Just you and me." He could hear his phone buzzing on the floor of Genna's car, knowing that it was Finn still spamming his phone. They were definitely still going on about his ex being back and that brought on a lot of unpleasant memories that he didn't really want to think about, but he had to now that one of his best friends was telling him she was back in California. He guessed that both he and Genna were both dealing with issues with people they dated. "You have such...great memories with Nathan. We both do. It's what lets him live on, Nathan wants you to remember the good."

(i have returned!)

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:54 pm

Genna knew he was right, it was the man with the gun's fault and she did have a lot of great memories. So many she couldn't keep track. Unfortunately that didn't mean it made it any less harder for her. It didn't take away any of the pain and she would never forget that awful night, the night that all her dreams and happiness came to an end. They had so many plans, Nathan had wanted to take her away from her parents and their toxicity, to make her so happy. When she lost him she spiraled downwards into darkness, unable to cope with the loss she had suffered. Dan had been his friend too and she knew it had hit him hard as well, she should have been there for him as he would have been there for her, but some things were just so unbearable for the soul to take. Hence why she had a mental breakdown and basically turned into her mother, it made it easier to cope at the time although she learned after she finally got the help she desperately needed that she only damaged herself more. Everyone she cared for she lost, but she had met Shiloh and learned a lot about herself and life so she couldn't say that she regretted it completely. "We were supposed to go away from here... we had so many plans..."she whispered into her hands, still crying though she didn't seem to be as gone anymore. "I can't go home...she'll just make it worse..."

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:40 am

Dan nodded, listening intently to what she had to say. There was something that seemed to come with his down days occasionally that made him more in tune with other people. He didn't fully get it but it happened sometimes. He felt his chest tighten as he watched her cry and talk about her plans she had with Nathan. He realized now that, ever since Nathan's death, he hadn't really dealt with it. He didn't even fully remember attending anything with Genna, even though he knew that he did. In all honesty, he was probably blocking most of it out which wasn't healthy either. Man, he really needed to go back to therapy or something. "You're coming home with me," Dan said almost immediately, the way he used to. "I'm not letting you go back to your house where things are just going to get worse. Come stay at my apartment for however long you need." He paused after he said it, giving it another thought. "Or Shiloh if...that's what you prefer. I know I'm not ideal."

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Genna shook her head, not because she was saying no but rather because she was lost. Not in the sense that she lost her mind, she was just emotionally drained at the moment. Her mother was awful and she knew how to tear Genna down every time. Before Nathan it had been other things about Genna that she used as ammunition, stupid things like her looks and grades, but afterwards... well Nathan was the only ammunition she needed now. It always worked, because losing him was the most painful thing to ever happen to her. "She needs rest...her injury..." She muttered, thinking she'd just be a nuisance at this point if she went with her. Shiloh would just push the fact she was hurt to the back of her list of concerns and try to take care of Genna, that was the kind of person she was. Always concerned more for her friends than herself. "I sh-shouldn't drive..."she mumbled, knowing that she as an emotional wreck behind the wheel was equivalent to a drunk behind the wheel. It was just a few moments ago that she nearly killed the both of them, that for the most part was a blur to her now though, but Genna was still shaky and did not trust herself whatsoever.

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:31 am

"Out of the drivers seat. I'm taking over," Dan told her suddenly, unbuckling his seat belt to switch places with Genna. And he wasn't taking a no for an answer, seeing as he practically forced his friend out of the car and into the passenger's side. It was the safest option for both of them at this point for him to take over driving. He reached down to the floor of the driver's seat to pick up his phone and check the notifications; it was, of course, Finn blowing up his phone. He let out a long sigh at the string of texts from Finn, seeing the last text they sent previewed on his screen: 'From Little Shit: we're fucked, i'm omw, and there's something you aren't telling me abo...'. The rest of the most recent text was cut off from the preview he saw and made him slip his phone into his jacket pocket with a heavy sigh as he started the car up again so they could get to driving. "I'm taking you to my place. You can stay there as long as you need to or want to," he told her, heading in the direction of his apartment. After a few moments of silence, he decided to break the tension and steer away from the sad topics in favor of something else. They didn't need everything brought down today. "This just in, though. Finn is on their way from Sacramento to San Francisco to yell at me. Probably."

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:55 pm

Genna didn't argue as she was moved into the passenger seat, blankly staring out the clear window as Dan settled himself behind the wheel. No sirens could be heard from what she noticed but she supposed that here in the city swerving drivers were the least of the Police's concerns if someone had called. Perhaps she should count herself lucky, she wouldn't have to explain a ticket to her father who would surely throw a fit about it. He would call her irresponsible and even if she told him what happened it wouldn't matter. Her father no longer loved her mother, nor would he defend her as strongly as he used to, but Genna's irresponsibility would outweigh any insult in his eyes simply because he 'had taught her better than that.' She blinked rapidly and glanced over, hearing a long sigh from next to her which brought her out of her thoughts. Something on his phone caused this but she didn't ask, deciding it wasn't her business unless he chose to tell her. It used to be that when something bothered him she would bug him until he told her, but they weren't as close as they used to be and she was in no state to question him. Even if she had found the strength to he spoke up before she could, telling her she could stay as long as she wanted though she knew she probably wouldn't stay more than a couple days. She didn't have any clothes and her father would most likely blow up her phone after two days. Genna really needed to move out and find a place of her own, but it was because he wouldn't allow her that she didn't. Her father had a lot of power over her, no one knew just how much. Not even Dan. He knew some of it, but not everything. "Why...?" She muttered curiously, she knew who Finn was but wasn't sure why he would yell at Dan. Had he done something to him?

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:50 am

Dan glanced over at Genna while he drove every now and then, just checking on her and assessing how she was doing now that she had calmed down. When she responded to him, an unintentional bitter laugh left him as he turned the corner. Finn was...an oddity. But also his best friend, probably one of the only ones he kept from back home in Los Angeles. They had the same bad mouth Dan was famous for having and when the two of them got together, things got interesting if you pissed off both of them. Finn had moved to Sacramento with their boyfriend after dropping out of college (not too long after starting) and constantly visited, since they were not only friends with him but now also Emmett and Zoe. But that wasn't the reason for the bitter laugh that left him; no, that was for someone else entirely. He adored Finn (though he wouldn't be caught dead saying it aloud; Finn would tease him until the end of time), and this was for a certain someone Genna knew very well. "Uh, Bree is back. Finn saw her at work. They're convinced I haven't told them things about everything that happened between us so...they might be coming just to yell at me." Which, it was true, he hadn't told Finn everything. There were things he kept locked away, things he never told Luke or Finn. Genna, however...Genna really knew nothing about Bree even though she had set them up. They had their falling out right before Dan's breakup, but she still knew nothing about what that relationship was really like.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:26 am

Genna hugged herself as she looked back at the window, the scenery beyond it a blur but her attention was mostly on Dan as she focused on listening to him. If she didn't it wouldn't be all too long before she was drawn back into that darkness again. Even if they weren't as close as they used to be it was still nice to have him there without that anger and hurt in his eyes like there has been for the past year. She had messed up a lot of things, but she wanted to fix those things and maybe once it was she could help Shiloh to see that Dan and his friends weren't as scary as Shiloh currently thought they were. Of course however it was going to take awhile to prove to his friends that she had changed, knowing they likely hated her for what she did to Dan. They had a right to feel that way, she couldn't blame them, she hated herself for it too despite having a good reason for having her meltdown. Her gaze moved towards Dan when he spoke up though she didn't directly look at him, a slight tilt to her head. What a curious thing to say, she wasn't sure how to take his statement and it made her feel suspicious though, considering, it was dull at the moment. Bree...she had set them up, but they had a falling out before their break up. Yet something about his words made her feel weird, but, again, she didn't feel as if she had a right to press him for information. "Oh, I see." She muttered, unsure of what else to say.