Icy

Minor Betrayal [Reserved Harley]

Post by Icy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:19 am

[Need to rewrite the plot.]

Icy

Re: Minor Betrayal [Reserved Harley]

Post by Icy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:20 am

Your Last Post~

Dan's hand almost instinctively went to his lap to grab his phone, but stopped when he realized it wasn't there. Genna had taken it from him and put it where he couldn't get to it so he wouldn't freak out. Yes, he did appreciate it, he always did, but grabbing his phone and going on it was just a habit when he had nothing else to do. He was holding Genna's phone up for her and listening in on their conversation; it was out of habit that he went for his phone. He shrugged, looking back over to Genna once again. It was always a bit entertaining to hear the things Genna's mother said; always the drama queen. When he heard what Genna had shot back at her mother, though, had him covering his mouth to keep himself from laughing and letting her mother know that Genna was not alone in the car like she believed her to be. There was the Genna he knew and loved.

My Last Post~

Genna glanced at Dan when he covered his mouth, seemingly covering the laughter that wanted to escape him. A smirk lined her lips although...it would soon to fade as she had not been prepared for what came out of her mother's mouth. She had expected a smart comment or something along the lines that she was grounded even though she was an adult and more than capable of making her own decisions. Something her dear mother liked to always forget though whenever she did remember Leanne just called the cops on her in hopes they'd put her away forever. They never did, not the point.

"You know Genna, just maybe if you weren't such a horrendous disappointment or weak little bitch Nathan may still be alive." Leanne laughed, knowing exactly what she had said and not regretting it one bit. Before anything else happened she gladly hung up and went on about her day.

However Genna didn't hear the laughter nor her mother hanging up, it felt as if the world froze. Her body went numb and she felt cold suddenly, unable to feel as her hands jerked the wheel towards the left which caused the car in the next lane to swerve and blare their horn at her. If they flipped her off she didn't notice, she was in an entirely different time and place.

Nathan had been a guy she knew, more like loved. They had been together for two years before he passed...before he was murdered in cold blood. She had imagined them being married and having a little family, but a man with a gun had changed everything. He had taken Nathan away from him all because he tried to protect her when the man wanted to mug them. Tears slipped free from her eyes as her grip tightened on the wheel until her knuckles turned white. Genna wasn't aware of anything except the death of a loved one repeating in her head.

"Nathan..."

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:56 am

(this took me a million years jfc but here i am!!)

There was a moment where time seemed to stop in the car, the only thing shaking Dan out of it being when Genna jerked the wheel and the seat belt dug into his side hard enough he knew there would be marks. The sudden turn would have sent him flying off the seat if he hadn't been strapped in. He dropped Genna's phone onto the floor of her car, an apology on the tip of his tongue when turned to face her and he realized she wouldn't even register it at this point; her mother's words sent her into a state that he could never forget, seeing as it would happen frequently right after Nathan's murder. If he didn't do something, they would end up spiraling towards oncoming traffic and really get themselves hurt. "Fuck, Gen," he hissed, reaching over her in a haste to grab the wheel to keep them in the right lane. "Genna, are you with me? I need you to come back to me, this is fucking dangerous as hell," he said, keeping his voice as even and calm as possible despite the fear he had running through him at that moment.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:53 am

[You're fired. cx]

Genna seemed to be entirely out of it by this point, hardly hearing Dan when he yelled at her or grabbed the steering wheel. Instead of snapping out of it like some may do she shrunk further into the darkness of her mind, letting go of the wheel with both hands and tugging at the hair on each side of her head. She shut her eyes tightly, her foot letting up off the gas enough for the car to begin slowing down a bit but not enough yet. It took no time at all to speed up a car, or anything, but it seemed to take forever and a day to slow down. Yet she didn't seem to care about the current situation, they could probably crash and she wouldn't care right now...but that was the effect her mother's negative words, or anyone's negative words about Nathan had on her. She just shut down hard and stopped caring, nothing mattered and she was taken back to that one night. Even years later she could still feel his cold skin, hear the blood gurgling in his throat as he tried to breathe...she cried out, pulling a small clump of her hair out and simply stared at it as the chaos of the moment swelled around her.

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:27 am

Dan glanced up at Genna for a brief moment, his heart skipping a beat when she let go of the wheel completely. "Not good. Fuck, this isn't good," he mumbled as he looked back to the road to maneuver them to a safer spot. This was bad, one of the worst he had ever seen since Nathan had been killed. He was racking his brain, trying to work out how he got her out of this when it happened but nothing was coming to him as he got them off the road. Thank god they weren't on the road anymore, at least they were away from that danger. He could park them, even if it probably wasn't the smartest idea to do when they were still moving but Genna could be angry with him later. Letting out a sigh, he turned to face her once they weren't moving any longer. "Gen?" His voice was quiet, calm despite the way his heart was racing. "Gen, I need you to come back to me," he told her, resting a hand on her arm in an attempt to ground her. "It's over, it isn't happening. Just you and me."

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:10 pm

Genna isn't react to the car slowing down, either she didn't notoce it because she was stuck in a dark memory of the past, or she was ignoring everything going on around her. It wasn't like she liked being stuck in that moment of time, she hated it with a passion. That night she lost someone she loved so dearly and so deeply, she thought she would goingget out of this city, away from her parents, and have a future with him. He was the only person, aside from her best friend at the time, who truly made her happy. Nothing her mother said had bothered her back then and she had been a good person, then that happiness crashed and she went through everything she had. She left Dan and her fell in with a bad crowd, doing drugs and treating people with a lower status than her so badly. In a way she became her mother and had been the worst feeling in the world which is why she went through rehab in the first place. Staring at her hands, the hair she had ripped out but she was seeing the blood from that night. Genna had tried so hard to save his life...but he was gone. "...no...no no no..."she mumbled, tears streaming down her face.

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:02 am

"Genna," Dan said, placing both his hands on her shoulders to keep both of them steady while she went through this. "It's over. It wasn't your fault. As much as you think it was, it wasn't." He took a deep breath, keeping himself calm so he wouldn't spiral down too. He had been close with Nathan, he was the one that immediately judged him for Genna before they became friends (even though she insisted Dan was overreacting at the time, but hey, that's what best friends just do); seeing Genna relive the night right before his eyes brought on a lot of things he hadn't thought about since they stopped talking. "Gen, he wouldn't want you to go through this and stress so much. Besides, he's...he's still with you through all the good memories you have. And I know you have a lot." He paused, moving his hands up to wipe her tears away and have her look him straight on. "You gotta come back to me, Gen."

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:54 pm

Genna felt the pressure of his hands on her shoulders though in her current state it startled her. On that night the police had done the same thing to pull her away from Nathan's body. Perhaps some part of her was afraid of that as she had been then, she had wanted to stay by his side but they hadn't let her. Reliving that night brought up so many painful memories, good and bad. The good memories weren't bad or anything like that, but they were painful for her because she could never have them back. Never make more of them with him. Never have that future he had promised her. Yet those good memories had helped her through a lot as well, they kept him alive in her heart. He wasn't a puddle of blood and a lifeless corpse, he was a loving man who helped her through so much. Dan was right, Nathan wouldn't want her to blame herself like this, but it still hurt knowing that he died because she was running a little late to met him...causing them to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. She shook her head, breaking down as she slumped into Dan, burying her face in his shirt. It was obvious she was...back on Earth, but the landing had been hard for her. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry..."

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:26 pm

Dan watched her come back down, watched her fall just as hard as the last time this had happened around him. It was never pretty, but Genna had every right to still be hurting. "It's okay, you have nothing to be sorry for," he told her, his voice quiet so he wouldn't startle her as he wrapped his arms around her and rubbed circles into her back. It still felt foreign, them being like this all of a sudden. He couldn't help but think that it would just get ripped away from them again, like it had last time. He didn't think either of them would take that well in their current place in life. Between the both of them they had so much going on that they need this, each other, more than they were both willing to admit. They needed someone that understood, and yes, they both had Luke and Shiloh, it was different. Genna got things about him that most people didn't since she had been through her fair share of similar issues. "It's okay, you're okay."

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:36 pm

Genna shook her head, not thinking about how awkward any of this was because that was the last thing on her mind. The pain was too much for her to handle so she didn't care, she just wanted to be comforted. Even though, as always, it didn't work to the full extent thy wished it would. There was a part of her that would always hold onto the pain and guilt from that night, that would never allow herself to forget. For months after the incident she couldn't close her eyes without seeing the life leave his eyes or hear that awful noise of gurgling that left his throat as Nathan tried to breathe. It would be a lie if she said she hadn't gotten sick every time, unable to eat or sleep which wore down on her mental health. In the end it was no surprise that she had broken down and lost it. Dan had been there for her, but he hadn't been able to help...her misery and guilt had been too strong and she too weak to fight it. Sometimes, when she got like this she felt that familiar weakness, but some part of her felt Dan wouldn't let her slip back down that path again and she was grateful. She didn't want to be like that again, but for now she could let the pain get to her a little bit...til she cried awhile and felt better. "...no...it was my fault...sh-she's right...it was my fault...all of it..."she mumbled miserably, hiccuping here and there as was normal when she cried too hard.