Lost You Twice [Reserved Harley]

Queen Harley

Re: Lost You Twice [Reserved Harley]

Post by Queen Harley » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:37 pm

"Who else could I be confusing you with?" Zachary asked quietly with a tilt of his head as he turned his gaze to her. "I only have like two friends. And one of them doesn't even live here, Peach," he reminded her, leaning back into the couch and looking at his hands like they were the most interesting thing at that moment until his cat was nudging into his hands for attention. He was happy with his small, small group of friends, it made him comfortable. But the reminder that he really, truly only had Danni here and not Blake too was a little bit of a harsh one. Maybe he should take up Elliott's offer of meeting his friends. He'd swore up and down that Mae, Chad and Renae were good people but...Zachary still had a very high anxiety and it made him nervous. He turned to Danni once more with a small smile. "Um...we're watching your favorite Disney movie. I...figured it would cheer you up."

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:25 am

"Hm? Your crush isn't your friend?" Danni teased, getting comfortable in her spot on the couch. Their movie nights ran long so she wanted to settle in, that way she wouldn't move around too much and distract from what they were watching. She bit her lip as she picked at a small scab on the back of her left hand from when she fell the other day during practice, her thoughts on his statement. He didn't have a lot friends just like her, but she knew that she was often too busy to properly hang out with him as she used to. It wouldn't surprise her if he one day chose to replace her for other friends, he was shy sure but it could happen at some point. Maybe he would grow tired of her dancing taking up all her time or something. These were the kind of thoughts she knew she shouldn't be having right now, but worrying was her thing. "Oh, Finding Dory?" She asked innocently, ignoring her unhappy thoughts. Danni was a bit of a child at heart, she loved animated movies and Finding Dory was one of her favorites. It didn't focus on romance like many other Disney movies seemed to do and she appreciated that for obvious reasons. Besides, Dory was just too adorable...but if Zachary were to ever tell anyone that she did have a secret girly side he was sure to regret it as she was sure he knew very well. Danni wasn't exactly a tom boy, but she was a bit tough on the outside. "We should watch your favorite movie after this. Make it fair."

On the other side of town stood a drunken Bailey outside of a well known club. She smelled of liquor, swaying on her feet as she stared at her phone as if trying to figure out how it worked. Yeah she wasn't the brightest when drunk, but she was easy to anger and she was steadily reaching that point. It had been maybe forty-five minutes since she texted Connor telling him to come get her and yet he wasn't anywhere to be seen. Why was that? That wasn't a question she could answer herself for the time being, she barely even knew her last name. Or was it her first name? She didn't actually care, but she was starting to wish that she had forced him to come to the party with her. He didn't know her friends that well, but he would've stayed sober and she would've been home soaking in a warm bath by now. To Connor: Where the HELL are you? It's freezing out here! Get here NOW. She texted him, her words nearly unintelligible. Her dark brown eyes kept blurring and she couldn't properly see her screen, plus her fingers were like icicles. It wasn't even that cold out here, but she was wearing a tube top and a skirt that barely covered her pale rear end so she had no one to blame but herself. Not that she would take the blame. "Damn it where is he."

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:40 am

Zachary felt his cheeks heat up at the mention of Elliott, choosing not to answer and not just because Danni embarrassed him a little. Of course Elliott was a friend, but...he would probably be staying there. Zachary was far too nervous to ever say anything and he was so bad when it came to emotions and feelings that it just wouldn't end well. Besides, what were the odds he was that attractive, didn't think Zachary was a complete freak and wasn't straight? Zachary seemed to think it was impossible for all three to exist at the same time in one person. Maybe he'd just end up with his cat. That seemed to be the most logical option, though he knew his friends would fight him on that. Once Blake moved out to where they were, Zachary had a feeling that he would pester him relentlessly about Elliott. That was his childhood best friend, always bugging him but he really wouldn't trade it for anything. "We will. I'm not letting us watch only your movies. Some of them are terrible," he said quietly, examining his nails for a moment.

If Connor said he wasn't stalling, he would be lying. Bailey needed to be picked up but he wasn't in the mood to deal with her. When she got drunk, she got far more violent even if he didn't do anything wrong. He'd been stalling at first, but that was only for about ten minutes before he decided he needed to go so she wouldn't suspect anything. That was, of course, when the traffic hit which made him ten minutes later than he planned on being. Bailey was going to be furious, and he knew it was her texting him while he drove. God, he was in for it once she got in the car. He was mentally prepping himself, knowing that she was going to be a handful and that he was going to get one hell of a verbal beating before they even got home. he pulled up to the club, seeing Bailey waiting and once he came to a stop he reached over to open the door for her.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:32 pm

Danni rolled her eyes at him. "They're not terrible, if anything your movies are terrible." She muttered as if he had insulted her. Movies, just like everything else, were a preference type of thing and she knew that. Some movies were just awful to some, but amazing to others and despite what he may think Disney movies weren't the only kind she watched either. Not many others, but to be fair she didn't have a lot of spare time on her hands. Dancing was a lifestyle, it wasn't something one could just walk away from whenever they pleased. Her coach would kill a student if they skipped class for anything and any free time she did have right now was spent sleeping. Aside from tonight. Once she hit the big times she'd have more of it, but it wasn't guarenteed that an agent would even like her. Now she was doubting her own ability, again. Performance jitters always got to her in the few days before one, and this would be a big one. "You know I have sleep I could be catching up on if you're just gonna keep picking on me intead of movie night." Her bed did sound really comfortable about right now.

Why isn't he answering? Ughh. Bailey shook her head, about to call him and give him an earful when a familiar car pulled up to the curb. Her brown eyes narrowed at the open door, a purse on her lips as she stumbled towards it, and nearly into it. Drunk Bailey was uncoordinated. "Couldn't even get out of it to open the door for me? For friiiiicccks sake." She slurred, slumping into the passenger seat with a moan. Alcohol was awesome, but she really shouldn't be drinking so much of it considering she liked the hard stuff and it always made her feel crappy. If she vomited it was the alcohol's fault. "Where the hell were you? I was standing there...for...for...for a long time. I texted you!" Of course even in her drunken state she knew he'd probably have some sort of excuse and she was not in the mood. It would just make her more angry and no, logic didn't exist in this state of mind. "Turn the damn heat up it's freezing." If she had been thinking she would have told him to bring her a jacket and a change of shoes or something.

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:03 am

"My movies are cinematic genius," Zachary retorted quietly, turning his attention to her. He knew that she watched more than the few Disney movies he was 'accusing' her of watching. But she was busy, dancing took up a lot of her life. Sometimes he was shocked she managed to find the time for him through the years of her in his life. She was always dancing, doing school work when they were in high school, with Connor, with her own family; he just didn't see how she managed to fit him in and even where he fit in half the time. Maybe it was him silently expecting Danni to just ditch him. Maybe he was just being too cynical, too in his head. That wouldn't be too pretty if he stayed in his head too long. Things got dark in there too fast. "What can I say, Peach? Teasing you is just part of the job." He wasn't about to let her go off to her bed and mope in all by herself. She needed something to lift her mood, bring her out of that slump. He knew it would help her and, in turn, help him out a bit. Things were a little rough recently seeing as his father made an appearance again to get him to join him and his mother was forcing him into a visit he didn't want.

Connor simply nodded, choosing to keep his mouth shut save for the single apology he let leave his lips. "Yes, I know. It won't happen again, I'm sorry," he told her, glancing over at her before turning the heat up as she requested. However, he was smart; this wasn't the first time something like this happened, where she got too drunk and complained endlessly about being too cold or she was just way too cold. He didn't get it but she always ended up being freezing. When they came to a stoplight, he reached into the back seat to hand her a jacket. "If you're still cold, there's a blanket back there I can grab you if you want it."

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:10 pm

"Uh huh... Cinematic? Definitely. Genius? Highly debatable." Danni could admit that some of the movies he enjoyed were interesting, but others were weird. She didn't complain when he picked them to watch because that was what friends did. They sat through a movie silently judging it for their friend's sake. He's introduced her to many movies over the duration of ther friendship so she had plenty of practice, honestly he probably did too. Zachary and Connor weren't exactly close or even friends but both had brought her something she had been missing in her life previous to them. Both were people she had been able to confide in and trust, although she was learning that trust could be lost. "So being my friend is a job huh? Not very nice Mouse." She teased and turned her gaze to the television screen, not really watching what was on it. Her mind was on her words and she thought back to when she first began dancing, the amount of fake friendships she had only because she would be famous and they wanted a free ride. They all wanted something out of being her friend, that's where he differed. Zach's humor was a bit hard to get sometimes, but he wasn't the type to make her feel used. "I want to try something new someday..."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Is that all you know how to say? Man up you wimp." Bailey growled, struggling to get her seat belt on. It took her a good two minute of trying before she managed to get it into the buckle, looking like she wanted to strangle it or something. The car company should really make these easier for drunk people to use, at least that was the thought that was in her brain. She glanced at him as he pulled a jacket from the back, grinding her teeth as she forcefully yanked it out of his hand, probably hitting him with some part of it but she didn't give a damn. Her comfort was more important to her as it should be to him too! "Why the hell didn't you give this to me first damn it? Don't you care at all that I'm cold?" In her mind if she wasn't first to him then he mustn't love her as much as he claimed and she wasn't afraid to make him feel guilty about it. Call her shameless, but she either got what she wanted right away or someone was going to pay.

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:27 am

"Technically. But it doesn't pay well," Zachary said, a soft laugh leaving him for the first time since she had arrived. It felt nice to do for once, to have someone around that actually made him laugh right now. It took his mind off the bad situation that had been closing in around him with his parents; between his mother forcing him into a family visit (even though he knew he would be ridiculed the entire time) and his father making an unwanted return to persuade him to join up with the gang, seeing his best friend eased his mind. He was forever grateful that he had Danni out here, because without her he would end up going insane from the stress his family always causes him. She gave him more of an excuse to not go back, even if he wasn't always seeing her. Most of his time felt like it was spent at his apartment, drawing and playing games with a seemingly unlimited supply of strawberry milk. He was more introverted than most, enjoying the time he had alone while he made art, whether it be in his sketchbook or his body painting. He turned his head when she spoke up again, twirling a piece of his hair between his fingers. "Something new? Like what?"

Connor had to mentally remind himself to not roll his eyes, as much was he wanted to he couldn't. She would actually have his head on a platter for that; drunk Bailey was far worse than sober Bailey. He figured out it was better for him to just accept whatever she said; telling her she was right was something she loved hearing. "Of course I care. That's why I brought you the things that I did, I knew you would be cold," he told her, making the turn from a stoplight. "Everything you need and want for a hot bath is ready for you when we get home so you can relax after being on your feet all night." He'd grown to hate hearing himself say things like that, because now he felt like he was losing himself a little more every time he told her something like that. He just tried to appease her instead of fighting back. The old him would have been livid, he would have been out of there. But here he was; someone very different from who he used to be.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:29 am

Danni rolled her blue eyes, but she didn't say a word as she listened to him laugh. He didn't often so she would give him a pass this time around, next time though he would be in for it. She tried her best to be a good friend despite her cowded schedule because she knew that he was going through a lot even if he didn't open up to her about all of it. They both had things that they kept from one another, things...they'd rather deal with on their own. Many may think otherwise, but there were things she even kept from Connor, and lately that was everything. "You're a dork." She muttered, reaching down to grab her blue water bottle that she took with her everywhere she went. It was important to stay hydrated, even though he would make fun of her and call it her accessory. There was an abundance of water about but sometimes she just didn't have the time to stop and buy a bottle. Or two. "There's a lot of things I haven't tried...it's hard to pick just one." Danni was feeling a ittle adventurous, maybe it was the lack of having Connor around or maybe it was the strict rules she lived with. Whatever it was she didn't care. "I've always wanted to go skiing...heck I've always wanted to try a banana split." She giggled.

Bailey clumsily shoved herself into the jacket, zipping it as far as it would go. If zippers were made to go over the head she would do it without question, anything to keep as much warmth as possible inside. Despite how cold her nature was she liked to be warm. "You're such an idiot. It will be cold by the time we get home, why don't you think? D'you even have a brain in that head of yours?" She barked, thinking he had already filled the bath with water and no amount of arguing would convince her otherwise. Once she had an idea in her head she was stuck to it. "You're pathetic, if you had come with me in the first place I wouldn't be mad now." This was his fault, everything was, why wouldn't he just do what she wanted? Things would be a lot easier then.