[RP][AllThatAngst] Making Deals with the Devil

AllThatAngst

Re: [RP][AllThatAngst] Making Deals with the Devil

Post by AllThatAngst » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Babs listened, noticing the change of his facial features as they shifted into something darker, angrier. The two swimming pools cradled by her skull never left the potted plants. The ball shaped burst of blossoms brought tears to her eyes, for a moment she was so happy that she could cry. Their beauty and grace could be so overwhelming. What amazed and enchanted her most about flora and fauna, were the very details that made them unique. Her longing gaze continued as Roy festered in his wrath. Only until he was finished did she speak, calm and smiling. "Hydrangeas. The name broken down roughly translates to water and jug. Do you know why? Because during their developing process, they require ample amounts of water. So much." Babs began before reaching for his hand, using some of the inhumane strength she had to force him to follow her, closer to the flowers she spoke so lovingly of. Once they were up close and personal, Babs kept her grip on his hand, her fingers intertwined between his. "There are mixed meanings for the symbolism. Heartfelt and earnest emotions. Gratitude. The development of a deeper understanding between two people. Frigidity and disinterest in a romantic proposal. Abundance and prosperity. Grace and beauty versus vanity and narcissism. Often they must be paired with other flowers to get the correct meaning across." her tone became distant; it did not lack emotion but was too full of it, it was as if she spoke with a thousand voices instead of one: an out of body moment.

"Which meaning do you think applies to us?" she asked him, knowing that she was unlikely to get an answer. Those bright reflective pools soaked in his image, unabashed and undaunted. She gazed upon him as if it were her first time seeing light after eons of being shrouded in darkness. Babs felt her way through the wine hue of his eyes, seeking past the anguish and bitterness. She saw something, a little boy hidden in the moldy closet of a library with a lighter and stolen gas station glasses of the wrong prescription. Fear, loneliness, and child innocence. All she could hope to do, was get him to accept it and truly move on, not live in this miserable purgatory. If anyone knew, then it was Babs that a good ugly cry could fix almost every problem. It was then that she began to wonder what Roy's ugly cry looked like, or him crying at all. Did he hide his face in his hands? Was he silent or loud with his sobbing? How red would his face get? What type of grimace would contort his mouth? Would he spill his problems or let it boil up inside? Babs wanted to be the one to wrap her arms around him, stroke his hair, rub his back, and whisper sweet, absolute truths to him. Babs had to laugh bitterly to herself, it was her normal laugh, high and airy like a sweet melody, but there was a darker, sadder undertone laced within it. A loss of hope, just a twinge in this bright, burning sun of a soul the little goddess had; for she knew, somehow, that she could never live a happy life with Roy, the human. The deal she made was just her missing earth and life and fresh air. She had failed with a human before, how could turning human change anything?

~

"The guy from earlier seemed to have nearly done the job for me," she grumbled with a pointed look at him, "However I am sure I could thoroughly get the job done." If looks could kill then the poisonous hue of her iris would have struck him down tenfold. Every time painful and inhumane, cruel and unusual. Kotori had a great source of patience, every intelligent monster had to know when and where certain things had to go down in order to reach the ultimate goal. Rushing things would screw up the plans, making the small and petty goals much less satisfying. Kotori lived for pleasure and satisfaction with a tinge of revenge. Perhaps during all of this waiting and plotting is when she lost herself to this madness. Pushing her dark hair behind her shoulder she gave up on the scissors and made a mental note to stab him the next time he popped into her apartment uninvited. His laugh was a mocking echo to her ears and it was then that she decided she had spent enough time with her stalker. "I have better things to do than play wife to your pathetic rear. If you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way back home." she replied, sidestepping him to get ahead and in front of him, in order to leave the room first and not look back at the smart mouth and purple haired idiot.
~What Would Morticia Do?~

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:28 am

Eyes widening, Roy automatically tried to retract his hand from her grasp, but it was no use. "What the?" Roy's heart jumped from shock, and an uncomfortable shiver tickled his tailbone. He bared his teeth and cringed as their fingers interlocked. However with a sigh, he quickly surrendered and let Babs hold his hand. 'No point.' The more he resisted, the increase in risk of pulling his arm out of his socket. He stared at the flowers, narrowing them ever so often while he attempted to make sense of Babs' botany, philosophical lesson. 'Hm, I'm a poor listener.' Being cooped up in a dust-ridden library and wedging the tip of his nose in book day and night proved that he wasn't smart. His eyes skimmed pages upon pages, but he didn't understand what Babs was rambling about. 'I just might not be a people person. And that's no exception for her.' His eyes drifted to her face. From hair, eyes to skin, his brain did its best to load and compute; it ended up giving out and short circuiting.

"Brown." He blurted; his tongue pressed to the roof of his mouth. His free hand found refuge inside his pants pocket. His neck flared and suddenly, he felt bashful. The hydrangeas were not brown, but they were blue. He tore his hand away and hid his face. "They're just plants. They don't mean anything. Shouldn't you be working?" He countered, his other hand joined his left peacefully in their corresponding pockets. "It doesn't matter if they're dead, or the person who picked them didn't know what they' chose. Whatever. It's the thought behind them." He added; his back faced Babs. He remembered when he picked up some flowers for her. He thought she'd like them that's all. Then, there was the flower keychain. Patting his face, the rusty gears in his brain started again, however the hairs on his neck stood. 'Didn't she already say that? Crap.' He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose and rubbed his neck. "Whatever, forget I said anything. Just go to work. I'm going to be late." Fiddling with the bag strap, Roy hopped on the bus. He didn't bother to look where the bus was headed; he just had to be alone. "Damn Castor, what the hell was that?" He took off his glasses and massaged his forehead.

~

Vaughn stopped and watched the vixen's purple hair wave slightly back and forth down her back. 'I have business to tend to anyway. These clothes are horrid.' Kotori's figure shrunk the farther she fled. "See ya at home then, wifey." His lip upturned into a cheeky smirk, waving goodbye.

Vaughn tagged behind the feline, maintaining a healthy one meter distance between her. He followed her until he was certain she got home safely before he pivoted on his heel to leave in the opposite direction. 'You shouldn't have done that. Now, I'm provoked.' The first soul he took he memorized onto the back of his hand. The power and control he possessed in his veins. The ability to toy with a sinner's agony brought happiness to his heart. An everlasting memory that made him feel alive again. In the next several hours, he duplicated his injuries on his body, and inflicted further damage to his being. He got his fill, however, and his threat was clear.

'People like you make my skin crawl, but you're not exactly a person, are you? I had a bad feeling about you, and I was right. If you ever so much as to try and take her life, I'll take you back to hell with me. The devil will be certainly pleased to have another servant.' Cowardly men could not talk civilly Vaughn discovered, and he hashed out another fight. They didn't kill each other, but they bruised each up with some color and a broken bone or two. He'd think that he was able to be understood; there was just the war to prepare for.

Cleaned and dressed in bandages and proper clothes, he stood in the hallway. Rolling his sore shoulder, he listened to it pop in and out of place. He grimaced as he roughly pulled it back in its socket. Clenching his fingers around the the leather handle of his canvas duffel, he raised his fist and knocked on the apartment door. "Maybe, I should've went through the window. I don't know why, but I think she was serious about murdering me. But I can't die yet at least. Not now." He murmured, twisting his fingers in his hair.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:36 pm

Babs watched the man with wine colored eyes and a head full of dreads flee from her side into the comfort of public transportation. Her eyes did not leave his form until the bus rolled out of sight. She adjusted her work apron and tucked a lock of knotted hair behind her ear before turning her back to the street and finally entering the shop. The door bell’s rang as she entered, signaling her presence. Mama Rudy was elbow deep in a bucket of dirt, her white blouse sleeves pushed up to her shoulders. Her peppered gray hair was forced into a frizzy bun as a bead of sweat rolled down the curve of her forehead. “Jus gimme a moment baby,” she called out, unaware of who the occupant was.

Babs sighed, a ghost smile on her lips, “It’s Babs, Mama Rudy. Whatcha looking for?” The goddess without question got into her knees and shoved her arms elbow deep into the moist dirt. Asa entered after the brown goddess and sat beside the two, with a curious tilt of her head.

“My ring,” she blurted, casting a quick glance at her, “My engagement ring.” These words visibly surprised the young goddess and she quirked a brow.

“You are betrothed?” Babs questioned, beginning to rummage and play in the dirt, squeezing it through her fingers, enjoying the feeling of it under her fingernails. Mama Rudy shook her head. A forlorn look crossed over the wrinkled and freckled face of the elderly flower shop owner. Babs excited grin dropped as realization hit her.

“I was... until the Devil took him from me.” These words rendered Babs silent, she was struggling to reply, to find a bright side. Loss of love was always hard; it was possibly to die of a broken heart. Babs was proud of the human for preserving. Deciding silence was best, she remained mute for the rest of her work shift unless she has to interact with a customer. It was not until the end of her shift that Mama Rudy noticed the little puppy. Babs rambled a messy explanation with some begging mixed in until the shop owner waved her off and demanded the puppy wear a flower collar and help out too— no “freeloaders”. These words made a smile blossom onto the young goddess’s full lips. After Babs swept the shop, she sat on the stool and stroked the soft fur on Asa’s head. Mama Rudy had helped her give the puppy another bath after playing in the flower beds. Asa also now had a collar, decorated with fake daisies. The day had gotten better for the goddess. There was a dull ache in her bones, she was tired. The feeling was slightly unsettling but it calmed her, she leaned her back against the side of the shop and closed her eyes for just a moment as she waited for the human.

~

A feeling of dread washed over the young woman as she stalked home. No, it was not the pair of eyes she felt lingering on her figure, it was something deeper. She felt the heavy drop in the pit of her stomach and the faint taste of stomach acid at the base of her tongue. She could vomit at this very moment but held herself together until she was in the seclusion of her apartment. Kotori showered in order to get the sickness to roll off of her. At first she tried a cold shower, but that did nothing but raise goose bumps along her pale flesh, so next she moved onto a burning hot shower, watching her skin glow an irritated pink. She exited the shower disappointed, before wrapping herself in a robe and leaving her wild raven mane unbrushed. It framed her face by hurting out in random directions, the black tendrils similar to the image of Medusa.

Kotori felt the urge to turn the tv on, so she did. Her delicate fingers changed the channel to the news and pure horror filled her irises at the images displayed.

‘SERIAL KILLER STRIKES AGAIN.’

Her small fist balled itself up into the silky material of her robe. All she could hear was her heart beat, horror was replaced by rage in a split second, she picked up the closet object— the remote— and chucked it at the wall behind the TV. Just then, a knock resonated from her front door. Emerald eyes stared, her voice and thoughts suddenly gone as nothingness swallowed her. Stiffly, her legs carried her from the couch to the front door. Soft fingers grasped the metal door knob and twisted, pulling the apartment door open. Her eyes washed over his form but refused to meet his eyes. Kotori left the door ajar as she robotically walked back to the couch before plopping down. Her eyes were now glued to the screen as the news dove into the topic of the serial killer.

‘LAST KNOWN VICTIMS: TWIN BROTHERS: TOMMY AND TIMOTHY MAGAKI. JAPANESE-AMERICANS IN LAW ENFORCEMENT. THE BROTHERS MADE STRIDES FOR MORE ASIAN REPRESENTATION AND PRISON REFORM. THEIR PARENTS HAVE YET TO MAKE A COMMENT. MEANWHILE THEIR SISTER REMAINS IN THE CITY TO THIS DAY. SHE COULD NOT BE FOUND TO COMMENT. BACK TO YALE FOR MORE DETAILS.’

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 am

Roy trashed an armful of empty ramen cups in the outside bin. The in door trash cans were full, but it wasn't his day to take the trash to the wretched horrid dumpster. It was convenient that he threw his late lunch outside. He got away from the phones, and he could take a smoke. A collection of burnt out stubs surrounded his feet. His job was a regular regimen, but the Asian grandmothers and mothers calling to complain about how their doctors do nothing for them clogged up his eardrums constantly. He wasn't a support line, and he didn't provide insurance. He just made the appointments. He was no Obama. He itched between his eyebrows, walking back into the call center. "I see you didn't eat your green stuff today Caster." Big Gut unnecessarily commented, and Roy shook his head; his eyes at the back of his head. "They're called fruits and vegetables genius." He ducked into his cubby to grab his bag and head out to the bus. He didn't have time to prepare food cause of the bickering that happened this morning. Roy was beginning to withdraw from his constant sodium and all things toxic intake anyway. He only ate decent for a day. "See ya tomorrow." He left work on time for once to get Babs. Hiding in his dingy office wasn't a choice today. 'Who knows what she could do if I didn't get her?' After a series of short spurts of semi-jogging to the bus stop to catch it just as it was about to pull off, he stretched his legs out in front of him. "Goddamn." coughed; his chest stuffed up. Drops of sweat split and raced down his face; his skin turned into six lane highway for perspiration. His long sleeve ended up soaked when he stepped off at Mama Rudy's. He spotted Babs, and he released a sigh. 'Thank you!' He probably couldn't take hunting her down to drag her back home. "Babs, time to go."

~

Vaughn brought his hand to the door to knock again, but it opened. He went to connect his eyes with hers, but her green irises dodged his stare; so he was more so looking at her eyelids. "Okay.." Nudging the door wider, he entered the apartment and kicked his boots off to the side. He was puzzled, but he was upset that he wasn't entertained by the human right then. "I like your new hair you got going on here." His hand gestured circles around his head. No response was bounced back. 'What's up with her?' He had hoped that he could rile her up. Find the lines drawn in the sand. He glanced at the TV screen then the remote controller on the ground. Letting the bag slide to the floor, he joined Kotori on the couch. Draping his arm across the back of the sofa, he looked back at the screen. The males named on the news must have been her siblings. "Do you know who killed them??"

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:12 pm

Asa noticed Roy first and perked up, unable to catch his scent but visibly certain it was male. Asa's body was rigid and erect, with ears alert and eyes focused. Babs noticed to dark figure as well, her senses not as fine-tuned as they used to be. However she could still read the person's biological details and knew immediately that it was Roy. From his cracked out lungs to his poor diet, he was walking death. Babs was truly worried his lungs would give out one day, one day soon. One kiss from her and she could literally breathe new life into him. Of course, Roy would never allow that-- her healing or for their lips to touch. He liked his space and hated her hugs. This however, made Babs begin to wonder what a kiss from Roy would feel like. Instead of physical sensation, she wondered emotional. But reality was telling her that she was probably killing Roy faster, with stress, and it would simply be best to leave him alone.

Babs pulled herself to her feet but did not follow Roy. She remained glued to that spot, unmoving as if frozen. "Roy," she called out, "I am tired and do no wish to walk. I believe I have used too much of my fading powers and will be rendered unconscious in mere moments." After this admission she began to sway, vision blurring and discomfort settling into her stomach. "I think I have pushed my human limits." Babs was sure that her powers were leaving her at such an increased rate because of the lack of natural plant life in the city. With the loss of connection and the deal, humanity was a mere few steps away.

~

"Jake Smith. Born and raised in Camden Maine, population 4,800. Attended Camden Hills Regional Highschool, rank 6. Sociology major with a doctorate in philosophy. 5'11 and slightly overweight. 46 and divorced with three kids: Helena, Gertrude, and Jimmy. Brunette and blue eyed. Raised by his pastor father and school teacher mother. His first victim was an Asian transfer student at his university. She drank too much at a frat party and he saved her from a bunch of frat boys. She thought she was safe until he started cutting her up. He was stopped and never able to finish, he managed to engrave it into her mind that she had cut herself while fighting off those frat boys." Kotori relayed the information as if reading from an article. The information was burned into her mind from years of obsession.

"The public calls him the New Years Dragon. Every Chinese New Year he mutilates Asian women and relieves himself over their bodies." the tormented girl began to stroke her hair, combing it with her fingers as her eyes scanned the messages on the news screen. "It is early, too early. He never attacks in October. Something is wrong." she mumbled to herself, closing her eyes as she tried to process this data. "They were tracking him down and got too close." Kotori shrugged, seemingly talking about her brothers, getting up and padding over to her kitchen. The raven haired mistress reached into her cabinet and pulled out a bottle of red wine. Her green eyes were glued to the red liquid as she watched it sloshed around in the crystal wine glass. She had made the wine glasses herself while observing a peculiar woman of interest. Glass-making was actually enticing to the young woman. After pouring herself a glass and one for Vaughn, she sat back down on the couch, his glass sitting on the coffee table. Taking a long sip, she licked her lower lip of an excess wine. The glass never left her lower lip as she spoke once more. "Thursdays were family dinner nights and when I had ballet. Practice ended early because of the auditions for Swan Lake. I found them, saw him finishing. He looked me right in the eyes... those blue eyes, so sharp and clear like the pond at the park." Kotori chuckled darkly at the memory then sighed. "He said I looked very pretty in my tutu and should call my parents. Then, he left through the window." Another long sip and she did not stop until her glass was empty. "I didn't call my parents. Eventually, they came home from the grocery store. They were terrified. Disgusted. Heartbroken. Instead of ballet I now had therapy and my parents moved me out of the city." Kotori finished, leaning her head back as she savored the sweet finish of the wine. She did not really care for judgement from the creature; she also knew this weakness, her beginning, and therefore it could not be used against her. Kotori learned a lot in therapy.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:26 pm

Roy pivoted on his heel, expecting Babs to follow him. He brought an unlit cigarette to his lips; ring the cancer stick hung lazily in his mouth. As he opened his bag to grab a lighter, he closed the flap, hearing his name. ‘The bus is gonna be here soon.’ “Babs, stop playing around and let’s go.” Roy sighed turning back around, holding the cigarette between his two fingers. His wine eyes widened slightly, and time seemed to paused for a moment before he could move. The slender white stick of a drug fell to the ground, getting crushed under his shoe as Roy barely managed to slide and catch the goddess in time before her unconscious body hit the concrete. ‘Mfpmh!” Droplets of sweat returned on his hairline. His breath caught in his throat. He hadn’t moved this fast since he was eight years old. ‘Ugh, I think I pulled something.’ His eyebrows knitted together; pain shot up his leg. Asa was barking a fit for Babs, and he had to shush the pup. “Sh-ssh, she’s okay.” He coughed, adjusting her on his back. The sound of the bus braked and revved shortly, pulling off. ‘It was gonna be embarrassing anyway.’ He came to a shaky stand, shifting all of the weight to his right leg. “Come on boy.” He limped all the way to the small square that was called home.

~

Vaughn stared at the TV, memorizing the information that was given to him. Scratching his jaw, he puffed a short breath of air. “Jake Smith...” Flexing and relaxing his hand repeatedly into a fist, he could feel the bastard’s heart in his grasp. Pulled from his thoughts, he craned his neck, lilac eyes followed her movements. ‘How often does she drink?’ Eyeing his glass of wine, he didn’t drink thealcohol. He held the glass by its stem and continued to listened intently to the background story of her brothers’ murder. “You know who this man is, so why don’t you just kill him?” Vaughn inquired about murder casually. “You always carry those lethal scissors. You should use them on Smith instead of threatening me with them.” Vaughn brushed his away from his eyes, and he sipped his wine. He nodded the glass in her direction.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:25 am

Babs was thrown into something she was extremely unaccustomed to, dreaming. Gods and goddesses had no real purpose for dreams, or sleep. Dreams were similar to visions, they felt immensely real and related to the current issue at hand. The last time she had dreamt, it had been a violent blast from the past, something she was not willing to revisit. She still felt immense regret for getting out of control and hurting Roy. This dream was nothing like the last one. It was harmless and pleasant. If anything, too pleasant and nice. Babs found herself surrounded by green and then in the distance was endless blue. She laid in the bare grass, staring up at fluffy forms fraternizing with the blue abyss. From afar she could hear the waves slapping the beach, birds singing as they moved from tree to tree, and Roy encouraging Asa to follow him. A smile lit up her features as they galloped towards her, Asa with his tongue swinging out of his open-mouth and Roy running along him with his dreads flowing freely behind him. It was a sight for sore eyes, that smile that so effortlessly pulled each corner of his mouth upwards. Babs sat up, pulling on the skirt of her yellow sun dress as they approached her. Without words, Roy reached out to her and pulled her up to her feet. Picking her up, he spun her around in his arms before throwing her small form over his shoulder and running towards the beach, shouting and laughing.

This was a dream she was fine with never waking up from, it awakened thoughts and feelings a goddess was not capable of having.

~

Kotori closed her eyes and could hear the hitch in his breath, the way his body tensed up besides hers, it was obvious her pain had filled him with rage. This angered her, mostly because it was her pain and her story, he had no right to pull emotion from it and make it about him. She sat up and set her glass on the coffee table. "That is something I will not tell you," she answered, turning her head to face him. "It is my pleasure, my Nirvana," she insisted, frowning with her brows drawn, "And you have no part in that." Quietly she then watched him sip from the glass, slightly jealous that hers was empty. She was relieved when he held it out to her, immediately, without taking it out of his hand, she held the bulb of the glass and tipped it towards her lips. As the red liquid disappeared past her lips, she never removed her eyes from his, maintaining eye contact as she finished the glass. Tucking her bangs behind her ears, the raven-haired woman found herself climbing closer to Vaughn, her cheeks rosy as her small form was easily tainted by the liquid courage. She placed her hand on hip hip and her left hand on his jaw, forcing him to look at her. Her emerald eyes were an endless sea of green, tempting him to enter and drown. "What would be a more interesting question is why lower yourself into humanity?" she asked as her thumb ran over the length of his bottom lip. She gave a small, fake smile, "What is there to gain?"

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:28 pm

Roy staggered haphazardly towards the box of a house. The farther he walked, the heavier Babs felt. "Fuck." Squeezing his eyes tight, oxygen entered his system too slowly for his liking. His heart constricted as if it was in someone's palm, and an internal heat spread across his shoulders, and he thought if this was what your body shutting down was like. 'This is way different than the first time it happened.' Remembering the first time he met Babs, she was running from thugs and spontaneously jumped onto his back. Finally reaching the door, Roy coughed a breath of relief, but stepping back to see the predicament he was in, his hands were unusable. His arms were bound behind his back, holding Babs. 'Shit, I can't put her on the ground. That's gross as hell.' Lines creasing in his forehead, he tried to come up with how he was going to get the keys out of his pocket. 'Maybe.' Roy leaned forward roughly about 70 degrees to balance Babs as he took one arm away. It escalated quickly; his plan fell short. He was wobbling, and he had to work fast to fish out his keys. Fumbling with the keys, he frantically unlocked both doors, scrambling inside the black room. 'The bed.' He swayed too far to the right and barely managed to get upright. 'Shit, shit, shit.' The keys rattled as they dropped to the ground. Recollecting the general area of where the bed was, though not as elegant and gentle as he could've done, he dropped Babs on top of the covers. "Goddamn." He exasperated, hands on his sides. His heart raced a mile a minute, and his face was a pool of sweat. His leg was in worse condition than it was few hours ago. Fixing Babs right so her entire body was on the mattress; he squinted his eyes in the dark to see if she had a concussion or anything. It wasn't like he could tell though. 'Okay, done.' Roy hobbled over to the freezer to make an ice pack for his swollen thigh. Some housekeeping later, he cleaned up, washed his face, and locked the doors. So then, he sat on the bathroom tile in his pajama pants, icing his thigh. Craning his neck to look through the cracked door, Babs was laying there like she was when he checked five minutes ago. A deep sigh passed his lips, and a new cigarette hung inside his mouth. The lighter sat on the other side of the bathroom door.

~

When Kotori forced Vaughn to look at her, a glimpse of a smirk flashed across his mouth before his face turned into a straight expression. 'I enjoy your tactics immensely.' He was a demon; she was human. He thinks he knows who will have the victory ultimately at the end. At least with this situation right now. His purple eyes willing stared into the emerald sea before him, wondering if he'll be able to find the secrets she was hiding at the deepest end. "Hm?" A tiny smile hinted the corner of his lip; his fingers toyed with the silk material of her robe. "What? I can't come to Earth to just look at your beautiful face?" Pulling the human completely onto his lap, he passed his fingers through her disheveled hair. Nipping her chin, he kissed the same spot after before he answered her question seriously. "I can win a second chance at life, and maybe I won't die from stones and fire this time. Do you find that answer boring?" Vaughn outlined her face with his finger. 'Yeah six months...' He found fun in collecting sinful souls, but doing the Devil's work became tedious.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:14 am

Coldness crept up Babs's legs as she stuck the limbs into the seemingly warm sand and confusion took hold of her features. Something was wrong with her dream, the rose colored glasses were falling. Her conscious was pulled out of the dreamy state as she was sucked back into reality. No longer did she feel light and warm, but heavy and cold. Her magically exhausted body remained limp on the bed she created but her eyelids did twitch from the light shining from the bathroom. Babs did not truly grasp as to where she was or what was going on, there was only one thing she knew in this cloudy daze: she wanted Roy. No, she needed him. The goddess couldn't comfortably sleep without him in this moment, her body simply would not allow it. She was starting to gain feeling in her limbs again, she had enough energy to twitch and wiggle. Raising a hand, her lips parted, "Roy...Roy..." Her voice was barely above a whisper, soft and husky. "I'm cold," she complained, eyebrows drawn in discomfort. "Roy, please." she begged, her fingers clenching into the material of the covers.The goddess did not often have such a sensation, warmth was her natural state of being. Babs typically radiated with heat, as she was a goddess of nature, however in this moment the chill raised goosebumps along her flesh, making her shiver.

~~~

"I have a terrible case of narcissism and I would say the answer to your question is no--" Kotori paused, rolling her eyes lazily, "You wouldn't come to this pathetic limbo for little ole me." Her eyes were glazed over and her body seemed to easily melt into Vaughn's as he pulled her into his lap. A long sigh passed through her nose as his fingers brushed against her scalp, a sensation Kotori extremely enjoyed. Even as a child she loved having her hair touched, from scalp massages to having her hair washed to having her hair braided. With puppy dog eyes she could talk one of her brothers into brushing her hair. Eyes fluttering close, she did not bother to open them again."Humanity is boring, predictable, and pathetic." she murmured, inwardly questioning if she had drank too much. One of her major weaknesses was being a lightweight. It could be blamed on the fact she was short and petite in size. Kotori's hands traveled from his face to his purple hair, she tangled her fingers in the length and tugged slightly. Leaning forward, Kotori closed the distance between her lips and his ear, whispering against the lobe, "What would really fascinate me is to know how you died?" Kotori was Kotori, tipsy or not. What came after death did not worry her, she knew Satan likely had a special place for her in Hell.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:43 pm

Roy jumped at the unexpected noise, thoroughly startled. His hand automatically shot to whatever he could grab to defend himself, but he ended up gripping the length of the tub and moving too suddenly that pins and needles rocketed through his bad leg. "Shit." His hand moved to grasp his thigh in effort to seize the uncomfortable sensation, the ice pack fell off. He leaned his body to the side, squinting through the pain to see what was going beyond the bathroom. "Babs?" Roy echoed, his heart strings were plucked slightly by the goddess Eleos. Roy tried to bend his leg to lift himself from the tile, but he was rendered immobile. He seethed through his teeth. "Hold on, I'm coming." Psyching himself up, he forced his body to move and get out of the bathroom. He limped awkwardly to the bed, and a frown sat snug on his lips; eyes scanning over the goosebumps on her body. 'She shouldn't have worn shorts.' Roy threw each side of the cover over her body with much difficulty especially the left side without toppling on her. 'How am I going to do this?" After exerting his upper body to a point of where he never wanted to again, he swallowed in a mouthful of air and glanced at his injured leg then the bed. "Babs, I'm here." Situating himself onto the bed without putting too much pressure on his leg, he put his arm around her to help warm her up in addition to the poorly wrapped blanket. He pulled the blanket tighter around Babs the best he could. "It's okay now."

~

'Stay with me. I know you want to.' Her fingers twisted in his disheveled locks as his head was pulled down to hers; her breath fanned across his cheeks. 'I can't, but I'll be back soon. Just-- stay away from the windows.' Blocking out the past memory, his body tensed as a sense of euphoria passed through his being. Overwhelmed, feeling as if he was losing control of self, he grabbed her forearms and pushed her onto her back, towering over her. Darkened eyes wandered round the human's skin. Then, the sleeves of her robe slipped modestly, showing the bruises he left before. 'Crap.' He lessened his hold on her wrists. "My death was pathetic. You don't wanna know." His voice was coarse.