[RP][AllThatAngst] Making Deals with the Devil

xBlackxAcex

Re: [RP][XCocottesxCocottesX] Making Deals with the Devil

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:27 am

Mid-way of taking off his shoes, Roy watched the scene unfold before his eyes, and the first emotion he encountered was not anger but bewilderment. "Umm." He furrowed his brows, and his shoe fell off of his foot, landing with a clunk. He scratched his head and watched Babs fumble as his eyes darted to the mysterious bag before she hid it behind her back. 'She's dressed. Unbelievable.' "Hi Babs.." He said tentatively. He couldn't help but frown while he tried to put the pieces together on what he just witnessed. He first put down the Chinese food on the table before he tried to solve anything. Flowers in hand, he pondered if he regretted buying them. It wasn't everyday that a goddess dangled from his apartment window from the moment he comes back from work. "Why were you--" He gave her the benefit of the doubt, and he would allow her to explain herself before he blew his top. But it didn't happen, Babs snatched the bouquet from his hand, and she got distracted. He was cut off with her strange, optimistic positive rambles. He didn't expect much from her; she was Babs after all. A small part of him though was elated that she enjoyed the flowers. However, he wasn't that happy to slap on a smile, identical to the wide grin that was plastered across her lips. "I'm glad that you like them. We can---" Roy barely managed to squeeze in his input, but before he could make movements to collect a glass to put the flowers in, a weight was exerted on his neck. He was already tired, a little more so since Babs chattered his ear off, so a hot meal with a can of beer sounded great before he slumped. The cold one had to wait; he hardly registered what was happening. His body immediately reacted to brace his arms around her, so she wouldn't inelegantly crash onto the floor due to his absentmindedness. Or it might have been so his neck wouldn't be in a nasty kink. He felt the ache coming on. "What the hell-- Babs." He huffed; his cheeks puffed slightly. His face red and hot from being out of breath and that her face was so close into his neck. A rush of heat blistered up his back, and he felt an instant sweat. "Ya know--I" He couldn't even piece words together into proper clauses. "You're a lot heavier than when you were on my back." He stammered in a single, strained breath.

~

"Yo Helmet-Stealer!" Vaughn was pulled out of his thoughts, and he raised his head to see who was seeking his attention. He wiped his glove-cladded hands on the front of his jeans and sighed. He smiled a bit and tried again and again, to try and assimilate into human, friendly behavior. But the smiley-type did not work, so instead, he met the person's eyes plainly. "Why do you look like that? Perk up a bit. It's like you're lifeless." Vaughn frowned in a second, and he scrunched up his eyebrows. "What?" The man and him only had one interaction together, and that was in the morning. And he had snatched the helmet off of his head that he acquired the day prior. Calling him that stupid name that most likely popped up into his head because he wanted to, Vaughn stared at the male quizzically that couldn't be much older than he was. "Well," The male perched his foot up on the gritty, blue crate that he just wanted to. "I would be too if I lifted a 400 pound 18x40 steel beam by myself." He mentioned before he could formulate a sentence to respond to the idiot in front of him. "Dude seriously, you could have died. So with that, you want breakfast? There's this awesome cafe nearby with the littest bagels." Vaughn just stood there as the guy was having a one- sided conversation. He damn couldn't comprehend a syllable that spilled from his mouth. Before he knew it, he was dragged to the cafe, the one that Blade went to. The one where coffee exploded all over his hand, and he sighed a defeated sigh. 'He literally pulled my arm out of its socket to come here." Well besides that, he told the idiot that his name was Vaughn, and that he didn't like cheese. He was sure that he called him Vinny which was nice..not. But Vaughn did ask him one question. "Do I look like an Edward?" It was his turn to give him a funny look."What? Look, don't sweat it. Got it. No cheese." The arrival bell dinged, and the two men pulled off their dirty work gloves and shoved them in the back pockets of their jeans. "What can I get you two boys?" The barista chimed with an almost-genuine smile, but he was certain that it was because they were "ruggedly" handsome. Vaughn did not pay much attention after Idiot started to give the employee their order of breakfast sandwiches. His eyes scanned the place, in hopes to meet eyes with that certain someone, but he didn't even feel her gaze on him when he walked in. The place was moderately busy, not too filled. A few teenagers, college students, and some business people rushing to grab their cup of hot joe as they anxiously tapped on their iPads in wait. "Two Americanos. One extra creamer!" He paid no mind as he finally saw the human. The cafe's background automatically went mute, and molten jealousy and anger surged through his veins. Why was he so worked up? Was it because he told her his secret? Or was it the human emotions taking a toll? The idiot called his name with the bagels in hand, one with bacon, egg and no cheese. 'At least something's right..' He took several strides before he was in front of the table, in front of her. He didn't know whether to face the situation rationally or make a scene. He inhaled a deep breath and relaxed his tensed hands. "What are you doing?"

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:34 am

Babs was surprised that he caught her, and at his last statement, she did not take offense, but instead corrected him. "Well Roy, that's because I was using my legs to hold onto you. I've wrestled enough animals to know how strong of a grip I need to not let go of my prey." she teased lightly, proving her point by easily raising her legs to wrap around his torso. Letting go of him from around his neck, she raised her arms high and waved them, to prove her point further. "I can smash a watermelon between my thighs as easily as a hippo can with its mouth." She stated proudly, dipping back forward to loosely put her arms on his shoulders, her legs now holding her up. Pressing her forehead against his, her large grin was still very present. His presence just brought her pure joy, like a dog excited to see its owner return back home from an outing. "I truly appreciate the flowers Roy, words cannot express my euphoria." she whispered softly, her smiling easing up on the eagerness and becoming more gentle.

~

Even when in the middle of her own little game, Kotori was aware of his presence. How could she miss it? It was dark, demented, and commanding. After all, she had a skill of picking out monsters from the crowd of sheep. The wolf in sheep's clothing recognized her immediately and was obviously very disturbed by her hands being on the attractive male besides her. Kotori faked an expression of surprise to the sudden outburst in the café, mimicking everyone else before tilting her head like a confused puppy. "Whatever do you mean?" she did not remove her hand from the guy's arm, she was sure that it would make Vaughn madder. "I'm just having lunch with my friends, it is a pleasure to see you though... And quite the surprise as well. It is almost as if... you're stalking me or something." she laughed, insinuating that this was a joke, making the others at the table laugh along with her because they were uncomfortable from the sudden outburst. But no, Kotori was poking fun at his little habit of always bumping into her. It was also a discreet shove at him to go the fuck away and mind his own damn business. He already ruined her fun with her original victim, why does he seemingly continue to try to force a prominent role in her life?
~Even monsters can love~

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:42 am

Roy rolled his eyes. "Prey? Come on, get down now." He was building a sweat, and droplets gathered onto his brow. 'Who is she calling prey?' She was being a childish idiot as she babbled on about her Guinness World Record like antics, Not only did his body feel like it was about to give out, she was getting heavy. He slowly staggered back onto adjacent wall and slightly leaned against it to support them both. "Okay, I get it. You're welcome." If she wasn't using him like a personal monkey gym, the chrysanthemums could be in some water at the moment. He heaved, as if an attack was coming on. But he wasn't the kind of person to fake his condition since it tended to be a catalyst to a real attack. He tried to get his breathing under control, so he turned his head away, breaking the intimate contact. "You must be really dumb, or really like me. Or both." He huffed and unhooked his arms from her body, to shake some blood through his limbs. Almost simultaneously, she felt ten times heavier, and he had to wrap his arms around her again which made it slightly better. "Get off seriously. I'm sweating and my breath reeks of cigarettes. This is worse than second-hand smoking." He spouted some idle bullshit, in attempt to get her off of him.

~

Vaughn's eyes darted between her hand on the guy's arm and her eyes, and he glared fiercely. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're pissing me off." He gritted. His ears rang with the indistinct mumbles He caught everybody's attention in the cafe, but he did call Kotori out abruptly. 'I guess that's the natural reaction.' The hairs on his neck stood up, and he fisted his hands together. It was useless to entertain her; she was only getting a kick out of him reacting. He sensed movement behind him, and a hand was placed onto his shoulder. "Leave her dude. The manager is expecting us back soon. Not to mention, our food is going to get cold." Vaughn shrugged the idiot off. He was beginning to regret letting himself be dragged around by this human. "It's a genuine coincidence that we met today. Don't take it too far and accuse me for stalking." He slathered on a small grin and titled his head slightly, relaxing his shoulders. He stuck his hands into his jean pockets and turned towards the exit. An evil, crude smirk graced his lips. He would let Kotori play her games, tiptoe around the demons, wander into the lion's den. In the moment, he wished for very horrid thing to come her way. He may be progressing to become human again, but the past was hard to vanquish its remnants in his present life. 'You want me to fuck off, love? Your wish is my command.' It was his choice, to be involved with a human again. It was rough, to acknowledge that he couldn't get his way. He snatched his bagel and coffee out of the idiot's hands, and grumbling, he simply walked out. "Idiot." There was nothing he could do. "Who me?" His coworker looked around clueless with his finger against his chest. He had gotten no reply, and he was not only referring to the human baboon. "The name's Luke." The large and broad figure followed after the devil. If he had cared what the human's name was, he could've laughed. 'Didn't ask.' Vaughn scoffed and exited the cafe.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:55 pm

A light pout pulled at her lips as he shut her down with hoards of negativity. To be fair though, she knew that he did not like physical contact and she knew that he knew that she snuck out. Putting him out of SOME of his misery, she jumped down and disconnected herself from him. "I just wanted to express my gratitude." she reminded him, putting her arms behind her. Tilting her head, Babs pondered a faint memory for a few seconds. "What is it that humans do? Hm... Oh!" she exclaimed, getting up onto her tippy toes to press her lips to his cheek. It was quick and light, her soft lips meeting the skin of his cheek. There was no romantic reasoning for it, but her next words contradicted that. "I'm not dumb. But I do like you a lot Roy." she informed him, offering a large grin. Smile dropping for just a moment, she stepped away to find a glass to put the flowers in. As she searched the kitchen, she sniffed and pet the flowers, whispering sweet nothings to them. "You should really stop smoking. It is not helping your lungs or breathing condition. So many cancers and punishments come from smoking tobacco. Such a naughty plant..." Babs lightly scolded him, a noise of approcal leaving her as she found a glass and filled it with water. Putting the flowers in the large glass cylinder, she approached him once more."I can heal you if you would like. Oh! But I have another idea. What if we went on a diet and exercised together? We could go on runs, and eat organic foods. I saw a Farmer's Market today!" And at her exclamation she shut her mouth and gasped. Biting her tongue, her eyes fell to the ground. "Oh yeah, oops... But um, I have a surprise?" she quickly picked up the goodie bag the Nigerian woman gave her. She pulled out her own set of flowers and held them out for Roy, smiling wearily.

~

Kotori gasped at the use of his profanity. "This is a public place of joyous times, why ruin the attitude with your own wrath?" she scolded, clicking her tongue and shaking her head distastefully. She certainly did get a kick out of his reaction and the bonus was the fact that they were in public. It was almost too easy to fool with him. At times like this it was a pleasure to have him in her life. After he left Kotori turned to her friends, doing her very best to not smirk at their amazed expressions. They wanted to hear an explanation and feed off of her emotions very badly, she could sense it. So, Kotori faked surprise and discomfort. Bringing her hands to her lap, she fidgeted and pretended to ignore their hungry gazes. "He is an old friend that moved back into the city... I did not mean to rile him up though... I was just joking, I did not mean any of it. It's not my fault right?" she murmured, large green eyes growing watery as she bit her lower lip. Quickly her friends came to her defense and coddled her, all of them talking over each other to comfort her and reassure her of her pleasantness and the intruder's rudeness.

'I absolutely hate ice skating,' she thought grumpily, sitting on the park bench as she rubbed her ankles. She needed some air after nearly falling seven times in the indoor ice rink. Everyone thought that she was just a little clumsy, but the truth was she just had horrible balance on ice and had a burning hatred for it. Little did they know, but her brothers were the ones who always took her to the ice rink when the weather turned cold. Then after they died, her parents tried to copy their efforts, and that memory just became bitter for her. Now all she did was flop about, ungracefully. The skates also rubbed her ankles raw. Evening was here and sitting on the park bench was nice, the sky was darkening and it was a great time to people watch as everyone began to wind their day down. Despite the chill, Kotori did not wear her coat, instead it sat beside her on the bench. As she stared at a drug deal occurring a few yards away underneath a bridge, she realized that someone was watching her. Kotori did not make any sudden movements of course, instead she slowly sat up straighter and stretched her arms above her head before preparing her grip on the pair of scissors in her sleeve.
~Even monsters can love~

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:13 pm

"Don't say things you don't completely understand." Though his face got very warm, Roy wiped his hand against his cheek. 'She doesn't even know what she's saying I bet.' He rolled his eyes, and he went to untie the bag of takeout. Loads of condensation covered the styrofoam containers, and he shook some of it off as he set up dinner. The steam that came off from the food made his nose sweat. He ignored most of Babs's nagging, and he lined the chopsticks on top of the Chinese food. "I like smoking. It help passes time quicker. Do you want some food?" He responded blandly while he walked over to the fridge and grabbed a beer can. Cracking the tab on the can, he took a sip before he placed the drink down beside his food. He narrowed his eyes and clicked his teeth, running his hand over his hair. Then, he took a seat in the chair. "I'm good. I can do without all that." He shook his hand dismissively in front of him, and he dug into the beef noodles. "I saw a Farmer's Market today!" Slurping his noodles, his head snapped up so quick that he nearly knocked over his beer. A piece of noodle fell from his lip. "You-what?" He cleaned his mouth with a napkin and put his chopsticks down. He drew his brows together, and his eyes fell downwards to the yellow tulips. "Um, thanks. I'm not much for flowers but thanks. You can put them with the others." He gulped two, large sips of his beer. "But just how far did you go outside today Babs?"

~

Vaughn cleaned his fingers by rubbing them on a cafe napkin before he wiped his hands down on the front of his jeans. He sighed a hearty sigh resting his hand against his stomach. "How'd you think of it?" Luke questioned as Vaughn grabbed his hot, thoroughly sweet coffee from his hands. "It was good." Vaughn answered plainly. Shrugging his shoulders, he sipped at the sugar-filled caffeine. The high coursed through his veins, and he exhaled in content. "It would've been better with cheese ya know?" The idiot dragged on, and Vaughn rolled his eyes. Instead of listening to the buffoon next to him, he looked around the city streets with all of its litter-filled, shop clustered glory. 'That girl gets on my nerves.' He closed his eyes for a second, and the dude struck again, stepping in front of him halting him in his tracks. "Yo Vaughn, I said are you gonna go back to the site? It's that way." Luke jerked his finger in front of his body. 'Oh.' Vaughn took several more sips of his coffee before tossing it in the garbage. "Ah no. You can go. I'm done for today." He figured that he could make up the hours another day since he could double the amount of work in half the time. The idiot was skeptical as he watched his coworker walk away, and he called out to him. "Who exactly was that girl?" As per usual, Vaughn did not answer to the human. And then there he was, sitting on a curb a few meters away from Kotori. The dark was settling in, and he switched out from his dirty clothes to his utility jacket and cap. He cradled his chin in the palm of his hand as he watched her. His eyes went to her coat. He anxiously tapped his foot against the cement. 'She's gonna get a cold. Stupid humans.' Her arms raised above her head, and he shook his head. 'Tsk, tsk.' Sighing, he stood, and he dusted off the front of his pants. He stealthily walked up behind her and caught her arm. "What are you gonna do Blade? Huh, love? Stab me?" He chuckled breathily in her ear.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:04 pm

"But I do understand Roy, I do like you!" she exclaimed, offended that he would think otherwise. Childishly, she stomped her foot down in protest, a pathetic effort to prove herself. If anything, it contradicted what she was arguing. Then again, Roy never seemed to take her seriously, Babs realized. Pursing her lips, she just watched him silently for a few moments, and listened to his reply. The food he was consuming was something certainly new to Babs, she had some interest in what it was. Babs never really had to worry about eating, just like she did not have to worry about relieving herself. However, changing from a goddess to a human, was changing her. At the scent of the food, her stomach growled and her mouth watered. "Yes," she whispered, amazed by the sudden rush of hunger, "I'm very hungry." Sitting down at the dining room table she created, Babs watched him eat, head tilted inquisitively. The can he had was rather peculiar as well. "Roy!" she exclaimed, eyes wide in amazement. "What's that?!" The easily impressed goddess usually stuck with simple meals and drinks whenever she decided to indulge herself in snacks.

"Who doesn't like flowers..." she murmured with a childish pout as she put the tulips with the other flowers. She took her time to rearrange them before walking back to Roy, no longer sitting, but not leaning her butt on the table as she stared at the can. "I don't really recall the distance. I woke up, dressed, and left. I came back just as you walked through the door." she admitted without hesitation, eyes focused and unmoving. "I went to a library, the harbour, some parks, a flower shop-- got a job, and some museums. Times have really changed." Her tone was bland, but then she added, with some moxie: "Can I have some of that?" Babs leaned forward, wanting to get a better whiff of it, it was a new scent and just seemed to really bewitch Babs.

~

"Hm, there are a few things I would like to do to you." she replied, relaxing as soon as she found out who it was. Her usual stalker. She was a bit too tired to mess with him though, earlier was enough. Kotori loosened her grip on the pair of scissors and actually leaned into him. "How's life Edward? Enjoying life among sheep?" she asked sarcastically, rolling her eyes. Kotori may not have expected him to admit that he was inhumane, but that would not keep her from screwing with him. He was a monster just like the others, she wanted to exploit that. Toying with him would be fun, but first she needed a better plan on how to do it. However, right now was not that time. "How many people have you killed?" she whispered within a sigh, turning her head to look him in the eyes, unfazed by the close distance.
~Even monsters can love~

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon May 01, 2017 3:00 am

Roy carefully teared off the other flap of the styrofoam container, and he transferred some of the noodles onto the makeshift plate. "You just proved my point..." Muttering under his breath, he continued to divide the food. Then, he opened the complimentary carton of white rice, and he shoveled a portion of the grain on his plate with his chopsticks. Het set the rest of the carton aside for Babs next to her plate. "Don't ask. You can't have any." He stirred the rice into the brown sauce, and he held the beer in his hand. Sighing, he got up and retrieved a cold bottle of water from the fridge. As he walked back to the table, he downed a gulp of beer and set the water on the table. "Eat." He kept on stuffing his face with the rice and noodles, lifting the container up to his lips. "Hmm." He incoherently mumbled before putting his food down and wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "No. Have the water. Don't try any funny business." He made point with his statement as he finished off his beer and threw his chopsticks into the takeout bag. He heaved a heavy breath, rubbing his belly, and he went inside the bathroom to wash up for the night.

~

"I can't wait to see what those things are." Vaughn leaned back and tilted his head allowing the breeze to nip at his nose. He positioned his arm behind her back, getting comfortable as well as she leaned into him. He breathed in the city's air, slouching his shoulders. "Life's fast, fast-paced, It's tedious, but I don't know if that's just because I'm in a city." He answered lamely chucking to himself. "Who's Edward anyway? Some lunatic ex-boyfriend?" He was oh-so honored to be nicknamed after such a figure, 'Not.' He redirected his eyes to the ice rink and watched several humans flail on the ice. "How many people have you killed?" He turned his head, and he was warped into the plain of jade green. His lavender eyes fell from her eyes to her curved lips, and he closed his eyes for a moment. "I'll be back before the sun sets. Stay away from the windows." He exhaled a shaky breath, and he met the field of green again. "I don't know. I don't keep count anymore."

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Sun May 14, 2017 1:49 am

Roy managed to snatch it from the table right before she had the chance to grab it and make a run. Pouting, she picked up her chopsticks-- aware of how to properly use them-- and expertly picked up a small group of noodles, bringing it to her mouth without making a mess. After consuming a few shovels of noodles, she picked up the carton of rice and transferred some onto her makeshift plate. She slipped into memories of the past as she monotonously followed old eating customs which reminded her of the past. Eating again reminded her of the large feasts the humans threw her, thanking her for her blessings and protection. Being a goddess surely had its perks, her favorite part was how happy humans became from her blessings. They prayed to her, thanked her, and brought her gifts. They showered her shrine in flowers, candles, and sacrifices. The cutest part was when children coming of age would make up dances with costumes for her. Sometimes she watched from above, hiding within the treetops as children used fern leaves for their costumes. A ghost of a smile drifted onto her lips as she stared at her rice. A pinch of sadness struck her heart however, Babs was unsure that she wanted to become human.

As she lifted her head up, she realized that Roy was gone. A small moment of panic caused her heart rate to pick up but then she paid attention to the soft noise of rushing water and she gently set down her chopsticks beside her plate. Taking long, slow strides, she approached the door, silent. Instead of barging in, she leaned her forehead against the door and raised a hand, putting her palm flat as she spread out her fingers. "Roy," she called out quietly. "I don't think that I would make a very good human. Do you think that I can fit into this life? I miss home." she murmured, no longer caring if her voice reached him through the door and running water. "But--!" she perked up, smiling stupidly at the door. "This is simply my rebirth. Like a flower I will rise from the ground and stand brightly against the sun. And I have you to make this life so much better, so much less lonely." Tapping her fingers against the wooden door, she stepped away, smiling once again.

She approached the dresser she had built and began to dress into sleeping attire. Her pajamas consisted of a silky nightgown the lady from the store gave her. Babs went back to the table to scarf down the rest of her food then climbed into the bed, staring at the flowers Roy had gotten her. 'He wasn't that mad at me for breaking the rules. And he was thinking about me today.' Smiling, she pulled the covers over herself and gave herself a small mental reminder to check on Roy's wounds once he was asleep. She could use a small blessing to remove any scarring. The last thing she ever wanted to do was scar Roy, her favorite human.

~

"Only time will tell..." She whispered underneath her breath, more fascinated in his movements than the conversation. It was mildly complicated to wrap her brain around the fact that he was legitimately inhumane. And here she was, teasing him without hesitation or fear. Kotori thought back to the bruises on her wrist, wondering if she could spike anger like that once more, just as easily. Would he attack her? What were his soft spots? The deep rumbling of his chuckle reminded her that they were in the middle of talking. "Edward is a vampire from a movie called Twilight. It isn't a compliment-- he is horribly dramatic and his skin sparkles in the sunlight. I do not have any ex-boyfriends, I don't date. However there was this lunatic last year who became obsessed with me, he believed that we were dating. He committed suicide in front of the shrine he had dedicated to me." she answered in a bored tone, cracking her neck and leaning into him more. "That's hot," she stated bluntly, her eyes dropping to his lips before she looked back to the ice rink. Kotori did not appreciate being told what to do. "Why is there something always about the windows?" she questioned him, slightly irritated.
~Even monsters can love~

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sun May 21, 2017 5:12 am

Roy carefully had to go about his nightly tasks, and he slowly washed his face and brushed his teeth. Silencing his own grimaces, he refrained from putting too much pressure on his hands. 'But they're a lot better from yesterday though.' Knotting his dreads into a bun, he shut the tap off. Then he spitted in the sink, stripping off his clothes before he stood under the cold rinse of the water. As he watched the soap suds gathering and washing away at the drain, he tilted his head back and let the cool water hit his neck. His eyes fell closed for a moment's time. 'What am I going to do?' Pulled away from his thoughts at the slightest outside noise, he poked his head out from the shower curtain to hone in on the murmur. 'What is she doing?' Roy scratched his ear, and he shrugged, going back under the spray to rid all of the soap. '"Just hope she doesn't make trouble again.' The dull throb from his hands returned him to reality, and he looked down. His hands were pruning, and he thought it was best to get out for now. He assumed that Babs was doing her goddess shenanigans. Patting himself dry with a brown towel, he pulled on some sweatpants and left his glasses on the sink. As he dried his chest, neck, and shoulders, he tapped his ear to get the water to move out of his ear, walking out of the bathroom. He then switched off the bathroom light, and the whole room became dark. The night's light provided little through the closed blinds. 'Maybe I should get a lamp?' He draped the damp towel over the back of the chair. And he glanced over at the bed. "Are you asleep yet?" He didn't expect an answer. After feeling his way through the dark, making out the shapes and shadows carefully, he slipped under the covers and turned onto his side, curling into the fetal position. "Don't do anything to me while I'm sleeping." He called out if she was still awake. He let the other times passed, but he wasn't sure about another time.

~

'What kind of fucking movie is that? As well as the nickname? Pfft, at least mine is a bit endearing.' Vaughn mentally puffed in his head. Speaking of vampires, he did not get along with, but he was a player in hell. Though he was somewhat an outcast, he managed to get around some to be the Underworld's tea talk. "Your lunatic sounded like an Edward." He commented with a slight sneer. "Play enough games with me, and you'll probably drive me to the same point." He took her face in his hand and traced the outline of her cheek to her jaw lightly with the tip of his finger. He let himself draw closer to the girl, closing the space between them before she spoke out. Vaughn's brows raised quickly. 'I voiced my inner thoughts aloud, didn't I?' He inwardly face palmed himself. He dropped his hand, and he reverted back into his own space. He rubbed his neck in a not-so-cool way to play it off. "Though I came through yours last night, I just have bad experiences with windows." He brushed off.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Mon May 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Babs was a more tired than she thought. Her activities of the day drained her physically, after all, her using her powers required a great deal of energy. This energy could only be replenished by sleep. So, Babs fell into a deep slumber and was unable to wake up to do as she planned. She would be irritated with herself when she awoke, but in the end it was probably for the best. Babs had a dreamless sleep and woke up fairly early, the sun had yet to rise, leaving the apartment cloaked in darkness. Babs pulled herself out from underneath the covers, looking over to the human with dreads who was still asleep. Laying back down, she took her time, admiring his face. He was always so tense, his forehead crinkled and his nose scrunched, his upper lip stiff. Even in his sleep, he seemed like he was about to scold the oblivious goddess. Tucking her bedhead hair behind her ear, she reached out and touched a dreadlock, wrapping it around her finger, the texture amazing her. She did not live around people who did such a thing to her hair, it made her wonder what country his lineage originated from. Babs knew that cities brought multiple cultures together, and she found beauty in that. As her finger trailed the curve of his cheek, she took notice of the fresh scars on his hands. Looking back at his face, she contemplated healing him without his permission.

~

Kotori pursed her lips, "If you become anything like that pathetic excuse for a life, then everything I thought about you was wrong." The demented girl would be extremely disappointed if he broke as easily as the last one. Vaughn was different, and that's why she valued him over the others. She would hesitate to use the word "special" to insure that she did not pick favorites, favorites meant privilege and mercy, something she did not supply. Kotori hummed as he touched her face ever so gently. He was doing it again, trying to confuse her. Trying to play games with the game maker. Her eyes zeroed in on his hand as he pulled away, glad her was keeping his hands to himself. She refused to become bewitched by his charm and good looks. "What?" she stared at him incredulously, visibly surprised. "You have been traumatized by windows?" she asked, seriously wondering. Twisting her body so she could turn around, she looked him in the eyes as she awaited for an answer, prepared to soak in every detail.
~Even monsters can love~