[RP][AllThatAngst] Making Deals with the Devil

xBlackxAcex

Re: [RP][XCocottesxCocottesX] Making Deals with the Devil

Post by xBlackxAcex » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:58 am

'Roy come on!' Roy's nose twitched, and his eyebrows furrowed in his sleep. 'Am I dreaming?' He didn't dream often, rarely he did, so it was indeed strange. Itching his cheek with his finger, he turned his face. 'Come on. We're late. They'll kick us out.' He maybe thought he was remembering a memory from his younger days, the times where he ran away. In short spurts, flashes flared before his eyes. A girl. It was a woman running in front of him, pulling him along rather down a moderately crowded city street. 'Where is she taking me? What's going on?' He tripped over his two left feet as his lanky legs recklessly flapped behind him. Buildings passed with a blur, and he could hardly make out any of the people's faces. Shaking his head, he shut his eyes tighter and tossed onto his other side with his back facing towards Babs. His frown was deeply engraved in his pale skin, and then Roy unmovingly clutched at his chest. 'I don't like not knowing what's happening. I hate this.' The mental pain was unsettling, and it caused him to numb the physical pain. His hands cramped up, so the scars opened slightly. Sweat cloaked his forehead, and the light and subtle touches from Babs did not aid Roy in the slightest. "No!" Roy opened his eyes, and he sat up hastily which resulted in a stiffness in his abdomen and his hamstring. "Damn." His hand automatically went to his thigh, and he did not perceive caution to his preexisting wounds. 'Shit, my hands. I forgot about them.' He scrunched up his brows. With the covers bunched at his waist, he scratched his neck. He was not very aware of his environment that he seemed to bypass the reality that he was no longer living alone. 'Oh right. Her.' He turned in the darkness, ignoring what had occurred in his slumber and after moments. "Sorry, Babs did I wake you?"

~

Vaughn was at a loss for words as he stared back into the emerald. 'She's not an ordinary human. She's crazy.' He'd make jokes that she was no human, and she was better off to be some species like succubi or something of the similar; it was the latter he was reminded of when he thought about it. She may be even more nonhuman than he was. "Uh, I would not call it trauma." A vein pulsated in his forehead as he scratched at his face in disbelief. 'Humans do tend to favor exaggeration huh?' He bared his teeth slightly as he removed his cap and adjusted it back on his head after he tousled his hair. A chuckle fell from his lips. "It stems from my past life, and there were some unpleasant moments with the windows." Even though he smiled, his lilac eyes were sad and distant, and momentarily after, he broke the eye contact between them and sighed. "They were petty mishaps with mortals. They're not fond memories that I'd like to recall." Kotori brushed on a sensitive, touchy part of his former life that he did not come to settled terms with. He was vague as he did not wish to delve deeper on the matter. Void of specifics and details, he'd sure aggravate the meticulous human before him that he had some attachment to. "You should get back to your colleagues." Vaughn abruptly stood in response, and he began to walk away in the direction he came. Words of precaution tempted his tongue, but he bit back on the tip. 'I have seem to put myself into a continuous loop. The emotional backlash would soon come if I let this on.'

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:14 am

He was dreaming, Babs saw it in the way his facial muscles twitched. As her hand moved to caress the side of his face, she rubbed her thumb against his temple and hoped that just her touch would transfer the tranquility she held. Alas, this seem to do nothing but make it worse. Her hand slipped away as she sat back and up, staring down at his disgruntled form. His large back was now facing her, denying her access of his face or anymore intimate touches. Then abruptly he sat up, waking up in obvious pain and agitation. A curse slipped from his lips as he fidgeted around a bit, Babs could tell that his muscles were in pain, she could sense it subconsciously. And achingly so, she wanted to help him. However she knew that he would not let her. One leg folded in front of her, she placed her hands in her lap and pouted slightly, straightening her arms as she leaned back and forth. "No," her lips puckered more at the simple word. Slightly sour, she looked away for a moment before replying. "I was already awake. But your nightmares do concern me. What happened?" she titled her head to the right, causing her hair to shift and fall into her face. Despite it partially blocking her view, she made no efforts to move it.

~

He was hesitant to answer her. While she was assessing him he was assessing her. She made sure to give nothing away in the eyes, the endless sea of green simply displayed absolute mayhem. Kotori enjoyed his nervousness and uneasiness, she lived off of it, like a drug. Vaughn was the perfect addiction. Reaching towards the purple mop of hair on his head, she adjusted his ruffle with her own and offered him a smug grin. "My shrink would say that the only way to lose that feeling of pain was to accept it. And the easiest method was so share that with someone else." Kotori had to inhale sharply when she caught a sliver of emotion from his oddly hued eyes. Enticed by the subject, but aware of the situation she decided to give him a breather for now. She would poke at this wound later on, when it was the best moment. A moment like that could not be wasted. Kotori did not look back at him as he fled, no, by the tone of his voice she already understood his thoughts. And she was more than satisfied with the progress of this game she was playing. Hopping off, she carried the skates in her hand and made her way back to the fools hollering in delight, a fake smile immediately taking over her features. Back to the real show.
~Even monsters can love~

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:36 am

It was good that Roy did not wake her, but he wasn't so sure on how he felt that she was awake. 'She's a handful. I bet she tried to do something while I was out.' One or two thought bubbles conjured up in his head where a few, possible scenarios that may have happened in his slumber. Babs did fall asleep before he did, but it didn't make Roy loosen the vice grip he held on his emotions as he did not wish to open up to the girl about his nightmares. The terror that haunted him not even five minutes ago was a toll on his brain, and he himself was not a hundred percent certain on what it rejected or what the cursed dream meant per say. One could say Roy did not favor change, and that he does not adapt well to distortion quickly. "Nothing. Nothing happened." Denial rushed swiftly up his throat. He whipped his head back and forth. He shut her down and out instantly as if it was second nature. "Go back to sleep I mean it Babs." In the following seconds, Roy pushed the covers off of his legs, and he lunged out of bed. Of course due to the sudden movement, his mental did not line up with his body, and pins and needles blazed down his leg. "Crap. Holy shit." He gritted through his teeth, and he lugged himself over to the refrigerator.

~

'But I still don't know how I should feel with you human.' Vaughn came to a standstill. His fists clenched and his jaw tight, he looked down at his boots to aimlessly search for scruffs and imperfections. He kicked the toe of his shoe against the red brick in frustration. A slight tingle and numbing coursed the top of his foot. The human components accelerated quicker in the body he lived in as he spent more time in the mortal world. No such thoughts occurred to him that his supernatural state would diminish as fast as it was. His past haunted him like a cliche romance film, and he was just about foolish as a human to repeat the past he constantly barricaded in his mind. He sighed as he turned to watch Kotori hang out with her friends on the ice rink from afar. With her facade and her actual demented demeanor, his obsession got the best of him. "Though I willingly play this game with you, I don't think I'm going to survive you, love." He knew it wasn't healthy, and it deterred him from functioning as a clear-headed individual. 'I have to get out of here. Sin is calling.' He was not going to stop stealing souls until he could be human where he was then able to start a new life with no strings attached. "Then, I'll be able to actually figure things out." He blended himself in the background and set off for his hunt that evening.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:48 am

"You're an awful liar," Babs stated bluntly, her lips frowning at him. She flopped back onto the bed and spread out like a star fish before curling up on her side and watching him. This human, for a social creature he was quite the loner. In the animal kingdom, animals not in packs died from loneliness or just because they were incapable of functioning while on their own. And Babs could see it in him, he was slowly dying. Yes-- all humans were slowly dying, but Roy was making his way to dying faster than others. His lifestyle and diet concerned her greatly. She wanted to help so bad. Her very purpose was to help. He was refusing to give her purpose. 'No, if I am to be human, then I cannot retreat back to my old duties.' She though while rolling over onto her stomach with her legs tucked behind her in the air as she watched him limp over to the kitchen. He was obviously not a morning person.

"Why? I am not tired. I woke up on my own and I don't want to go back to sleep. I want to prepare for work at the Flower shop with Mama Rudy." She retorted defiantly. The little goddess was stubborn in her efforts and even stood onto her feet to show that she would not go back to sleep. Her steps were light and smooth as she practically glided over to Roy. "What purpose do humans serve? I could not find reliable books in the library. They were labeled 'Self-Help' but held selfish notions." Babs questioned him, peppering herself up onto the tabletop, sitting as she swung her legs and stared at Roy for an answer. "And what are the point of profanities? Do they relieve stress or discomfort? Is it slang?"

~

'Windows... windows... What in his past life could be connected to his discomfort to Windows?' All around her lay schoolwork and her laptop. She had a few articles laying in her bare thighs as she researched the convict database she hacked into thanks to a bit of flirting down at the station. Kotori had finished most of her schoolwork, but of course her life's purpose and obsession got the best of her. News clipping and online forums talking about the serial killer who murdered her brothers and his whereabouts. She was hoping that he would come back to the state if she somehow caught him at the right time or attracted him here, the decision was still under wraps. But her usual splurge of energy she spent every night doing research was bombarded by her new obsession-- Vaughn. He was a devilish fellow and inhuman. How did she of all people come to meet this new toy? Why now? If he was killing bad people, would he ruin Kotori's chances? She could not let that happen. She would have his head before that happened. No one could get to that bastard first, it had to be her.

Kotori looked at the digital clock sitting on her coffee table then at her house phone and the little digital number showing her how many voicemails she had. She has been ignoring her parents lately, the twins' birthdays were coming up and she did not need another twist of that blade in her heart. Her parents would only make everything worse. Kotori pulled herself up from the floor and adjusted the giant t shirt she would be sleeping in tonight, tugging at her little pajama shorts. She allowed her fingers to massage and scratch her scalp as she padded into her kitchen, her bare feet nearly silent. Pulling open her fridge she pulled out a pineapple flavored Aloe drink and leaned against the countertop, sipping as she stared at the tiles of her small kitchen. "To get the toy to move all you have to do is find the key..." she murmured to herself, allowing her thoughts to leak from her mind and through her lips.
~Even monsters can love~

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:22 am

Roy rolled his eyes, and he bent down to peer inside what he could eat for breakfast. 'Annoying little brat..' He would've tried harder to make the goddess compliant, but he was simply a careless human who didn't bother to exploit his energy. He squinted his wine colored eyes and nearly stuck his head in the refrigerator. He cursed his 20/30 vision as he shuffled around the groceries in the fridge. He spent a good sum of cash on the fresh food, so he might as well eat it. 'Eggs..celery..an apple...' And he shrugged his shoulders before he took out the carton of grade A large eggs. Shutting the fridge with his foot, he set the eggs down on the counter. "To hell, how would I know? Humans are just a waste of space on this planet we call earth." He expressed his opinion although he did not possess a fortifying answer for Babs. "How many egg whites do you want? One or two?" Roy asked while he retrieved a pan from the bottom cabinet next to the kitchen sink. He spared her a glance before he reached down into the storage space to grab the portable burner since his place did not come with a stove, and he could not afford the full-fledged appliance with the numbers attached to his name.

"I think if some godly figure existed, it would have gave us mere mortals the answer a long time ago." He turned on the stove, and he placed the pan on top of the burner to let it heat up some. Only a few seconds passed till Roy drizzled about a teaspoon of sesame oil into the pan. He shut the cap of the sesame oil, and he returned the bottle to the far corner of the counter. "Yes and yes. I'll tell you what. I'll teach you how to use Google one day. The internet has all the answers you seek." He responded dryly, and he quickly beat several egg whites in a plastic container with a fork. Babs had answered all her questions with more questions even if she did not know she did such thing. "If you're going to be awake, you might as well get dressed." Roy mentioned pointedly as he poured the eggs into the pan.

~

Vaughn chuckled darkly nursing his bruised hand under the steady flow of his bathroom sink. "Looks like I got carried with that one.. Again. Oops." The cool water rushed over his black and blue knuckles. A sinister grin stuck on his lips, and he veered into the overhead mirror. Murky, crazy eyes reflected back to him. It was deteriorating to himself that he was restraining himself to see Kotori again even if a number of hours only passed. "What is she doing right now?" However, he was taking souls left and right, doing his job much quicker. Though he was leaning off into his darker, killer side, he wasn't much closer to becoming human. Ernysia had yet to open the golden door for him to magically transform into a human. "Damn, damn, damn." He harshly shut off the tap and gripped the sides of the sink with a death grip. Numb to the blistering pain, he closed his eyes gritting his teeth. 'Fuck you. Dammit.' He breathed shallowly before he pushed off the sink and left his apartment with a slam of the door. Boxes still littered his living room as if he actually just moved into the city, but he allowed them to gradually teeter to the floor.

Vaughn let his mind drive his body, and he was on top of that rooftop again. His eyes swiftly darted to the utility jacket he abandoned last on the ledge. Its olive material was tainted with mysterious stains that looked like bird waste and cigarette ash along with the city's polluting stench. And he made moves to hold the coat arms away to examine the damage done. 'I didn't leave it out here too long did I? Last I seen?' He slowly moved across the rooftop to look over the ledge at her apartment. "Dang, I wonder." One more visit couldn't hurt before he deprived himself for some more time, did it? There was no other way to find out the answer unless he caved into his desires. The normal, mundane humane way this time though. He thought it would make good practice for later. After scaring the front desk with a threat or two, he faced the apartment door. Since his hands were out of commission for any sort of pressure, he softy kicked the door a few times.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:39 am

For once, Babs listened closely. It was not often that she was given the chance to thoroughly converse with humans over their purpose and meaning. Babs did not know that answer, it was not her focus for life. She was the protector of nature, humans were not really a part of that. It was all really confusing considering the fact that Babs has never met another god besides Ernysia, who was not really a goddess but a powerful, mythical force. Ernysia would only tell her lies anyway, she loved to toy with the little naive goddess. Kicking her feet she bit her lower lip and shrugged, "I haven't met another god, nor do I have any "parents". So I could not inform you on the matter. But I have an idea on your purpose, Roy." sliding off of the counter she walked over to the fridge and leaned inside to search. "I do not eat helpless or unborn young. There is only honor in the hunt." she informed him, grabbing the apple and going to the dresser she had made previously. "You are here to bring me life." she stated bluntly before biting the apple to free her hands as she pulled Roy's shirt over her head. Babs still had yet to understand modern privacy or decency. It was not as if Roy had never seen a half-dressed or nude woman before. Babs was far from shy either. Once the shirt hit the floor, Babs pulled the apple from her lips and chewed, twisting her torso to turn and face Roy. She wanted to ask a question that was bothering her. "Roy, do you have any family?" No matter the answer, there would be a series of questions.

~

Kotori heard the odd knock and immediately tensed-- she was not expecting any guests. Also, if Vaughn was planning on dropping by then he would use the window like last time. Cautious, the dark-haired siren grabbed a chef's knife and twirled the tool in her hand, gripping it tightly as she set her drink down and tiptoed towards the door. Once she reached the door, she spoke before looking through the peephole. "I don't recall getting a call from the front desk or buzzing anyone in. It's late and I have no time for games." she warned, usual perky voice stern and low. Kotori stood up on her toes as she peered through the small hole. On the other side of door stood a looming figure, one she knew well. Odd purple hair, matching eyes, and a charming smile. Releasing the bolts and unlocking the door, Kotori flashed a knowing smirk and waved using the hand that held the large knife. "Couldn't stay away from me, huh? Come in, I would love some care and attention." she coaxed, opening the doorway and drinking him in. "Glad you could fix me into your busy night schedule..."
~Even monsters can love~

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:56 pm

Roy shrugged and plated his prepared egg whites on a paper plate. "Suit yourself." Watching her grab the apple, he smacked his teeth and turned away to put the skillet in the sink. "That's rich. I can't bring you life if you're already living." Roy, himself only lived to die one day or another whether it was from smoking or in the crossfire of a robbery. He set his plate on the table before he traveled over to Babs, plucking his shirt off the ground. He diverted his eyes from her clothes-less body, and rolled his eyes, agitated. "I had to come from somewhere, right?" Sarcasm was his hiding mechanism, and unfortunately the naive girl pressed a button that he didn't want her to touch. He looked up from the floor with a raised brow, and he shortly tugged the discarded shirt over his head. His appetite slowly dissipated and retreated into the bathroom for his glasses. He slid the frame onto his face, then he pushed the lens up on the bridge of his nose. Releasing a shaky sigh, he fell silent as he plunked into the chair after he took the ketchup out from the fridge.

~

'It's cute when she attempts to threaten me.' When he knew all too well, she had a knife firmly grasped in her fingers. The sound of her voice uplifted his thumping heart. With an innocent smile and squinted eyes, he eased the knife into his left hand. "Say Blade. Do your neighbors know of your knife craze?" His eyes flickered to nearby, closed doors. He flexed his fingers over the smooth, black handle. The numbing sensation tingled to his fingertips. He spun the kitchen blade lazily between his fingers, and he stepped inside. "I dropped 40+ bodies tonight, so I thought I would give myself a reward." He rolled his shoulders achingly like he was a good-for-nothing husband who worked a nine to five and resorted to cheap liquor to drown his sorrows in. He outstretched his arm that held his desecrated coat. "Wash this for me?"

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Babs fiddled around in the drawer, searching for an outfit for the day. She held the apple in her mouth as she pulled a t-shirt dress over her head. It was a slight struggle due to her hair, but she pulled it out of the shirt and let it rest upon her shoulders. She took a moment to play around with the shirt, raising and lowering her arms to see how much she would reveal before contemplating whether or not she cared. 'Nope.' However, she knew that others did for some reason. Grabbing a pair of spandex shorts she slid into them and was satisfied with her decency. She could handle being a human, she was learning. Or so she thought.

Pulling on a green cargo jacket, she watched him put on the shirt she had taken off. She tilted her head at this, and she found an odd enjoyment. Her blue eyes blinked as if he asked a silly question. "You will bring me a new life, my new life of humanity, compassion, and love." she insisted, leaning on the doorway of the bathroom. Babs fiddled with the drawstring attached to her hood, momentarily entranced. Her attention was then stolen with his next words. "Yes, but I want to know the dynamics of your family. What is it like?" she questioned, pursing her lips in a slight pout due to his 'tude. "I just want to know what it's like..." she murmured softly, taking a few steps to the window and setting the apple on the windowsill. Squating down, she stared at the apple and gently touched the stem before whispering a few gentle words of encouragement. Slowly the apple began to grow, replenishing itself back to its original form. Satisfied, but now tired, she smiled lazily and plopped down onto the floor. "The books-- the children's books, they show images of a close bond and strong love. Two parents, a boy and a girl, always smiling. Did you have that?" she tilted her head at him, curious and awaiting an answer.

~

Kotori rolled her eyes and twirled the knife in her hand. "My neighbors believe me to be a sweet and kind girl, as innocent as freshly fallen snow." she urged a fake smile and tilted her head upwards as if to bask in her own innocence. "And there is no craze. I will not be foolish and leave myself vulnerable." she retorted, upper lip twitching in annoyance as he took the knife from her. Stepping aside she allowed the monster into her apartment, and closed the door behind him. Just a few steps behind him, she mimicked his gait and watched him roll his shoulders. "Oh, should I be flattered that you consider me to be a reward?" some venom was in her voice. As usual Kotori wanted to test her boundaries and limits. Tease the blade until it pricks the skin, just to see how sharp it is. Blood could be spilled for the sake of an experiment. Her eyes downcast, she flicked them upwards at his request. "You are certainly kidding. You do not expect me to do such trivial housewife work? Are you insulting me?" her jaw ticked and her fists balled up at her sides. She narrowed her eyes at him, truly offended by such an order. "I don't give a rat's ass about what you are, I won't be some enslaved housewife of yours. I should gut you for thinking so." she snapped, turning away from him to pick up her studies. Kotori could have handled being insulted in any other manner besides her cunning intelligence.
~Even monsters can love~

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:13 am

"Love, pfft. You not getting that from me." Roy squirted the ketchup over his egg whites before he shut the cap on the condiment bottle. He tossed the eggs around the styrofoam plate, mixing it, then he started to munch on his food. He nitpicked at his shirt's sleeves while he ate, mindlessly scratching his forearm as Babs continued to pester him. Flashes of his past played behind his wine irises. "Fine. You'll see. You won't make it a day without me. I'll show ya." The scent of burning incense and luxury perfume hit him straight, as strong it did in memory as if he was actually reliving the moment. He allowed the plastic fork fall on the plate, and he absentmindedly dug his fingernails into his healing palm. The numbing pain was slow to reach him. Roy snatched the apple off the table with his opposite hand and headed to his small closet. "Those books are crap. Piss off." Afterwards, with a pair of socks in hand, he took a seat on the edge of the bed and pulled on the socks. Folding his work pants from last night over his arm, he beelined into the bathroom. "I'm going to work first. Lock the door after you leave." Certainly not a happy camper in the morning, Roy tousled with his belt buckle in a hurry though it was early morn. To share the space with Babs particularly confined the grump in the moment, he was in no mood to stay. He discarded the made breakfast on the table and tossed his dreads in a messy bun. "I'll have a key copied for you today, so don't make it a habit with the window." Suddenly a rugged edge about last night's occurrences, he looked the other way and packed the leftover Chinese for lunch in a cooler.

~

"I would consider you a reward. But don't take it wrong, I don't see you as an object." Vaughn's eyes wandered around her apartment in concentration. Wall to wall from countertop to countertop, he slid the large knife back into its slot with the smaller ones in the holding block. "After all, you're too precious for that. Too good, for me anyway." He lingered his fingertips on the knife handles for a second before he settled his gaze back on Kotori. "I don't mean to do such thing." His brows furrowed and withdrew the soiled coat to his body. He had no intention to undermine her smarts. "But back in my time, housewives were really popular in the town." Taken back with her spitfire, he lowered his shoulders, and he observed her apartment once more. "You don't have to be enslaved or a housewife to me. Unless you want to." He shrugged his shoulders at the thought. He wouldn't mind being serviced and pampered especially if it was Kotori doing so. He lifted his head to stare at her back, and he swiftly reflected her actions. He took it upon himself to snoop in the nooks of her apartment where he eventually stumbled into the washing machine. "Eh, this cleans your clothes right? If you don't want to replace your machine, help me out." He pressed a number of buttons after he dropped his dirty laundry into the hatch. 'This thing has definitely developed with technology since I was last living..'

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:59 pm

"And why not?" She retorted, sitting up straighter. "Do you not like me?" She bit the inside of her cheek, feeling uneasy about such a reality. Then reality hit Babs. "Is it because of the other night?" Her words were soft, self hatred rocking roughly in the pit of her stomach. Fingers found the ends of her hair, and fidgeted. As if to punish herself, she tugged time to time, but the pain was never enough to make her flinch. A bell dinged in her head and her eyes immediately closed. The image in her head was full of darkness, but a voice whispered roughly in her head, "Fool, if he does not fall in love with you then your soul will be mine, in Hell." The bells rung again before Babs opened her eyes to see Roy fiddling with his hair. She was momentarily stunned but then her lips found words. Well, a word. "Erm, alright." She murmured to herself, a bit caught off guard and woozy. Using magic then being visited by that witch, it messed up her flow of conversation and concentration.

Babs had completely forgotten about the final goal. She was so content with just living here with Roy that she had not made any advances. And Roy was the one who knew of her true identity so it had to be him. The little goddess did not want to force him into anything of course, so that made it a matter of being selfish or selfless. It was not that Babs did not believe that Roy was not capable of love, it was just that she was not sure if he could get romantic feelings with her. Could she even handle romance with another human? Her faces dropped at the memory and she balled her fists at her sides then pushed herself up onto her feet.

He was leaving for work, and Babs had things to do as well. Her feet carried her to the flowers and her fingertips brushed against their petals. They deserved to be wild in some forest garden, not trapped in glass inside. The short woman picked up the flowers and brought them over to the window, where sunlight sometimes tickled the windowsill. This little act bringing back some color to her face, she moved back to her dresser and pulled on socks and her sneakers. Getting them on was a bit of a struggle, but it didn't take her five minutes which was an improvement. She tied it with new skill and stood up again before walking back to the window, keeping her back to Roy. Crouching low, she touched a petal and remained silent. Offering no goodbye to her human friend.

~

Kotori was mentally slandering the demon more in her head as she stuffed her papers in binders and folders. She padded over to her bedroom and used her foot to kick open the door, her arms too full to use her hands. The raven haired woman placed the papers in the corner of her bedroom by the rolling chalkboard. Standing back up she exited the room and closed her door behind her, watching as Vaughn made himself comfortable and wandered. Good things she didn't have any skeletons in her closet. Blowing a loose strand of hair out of her face, Kotori followed after him with her arms crossed underneath her chest. "If you break anything you'll be paying for it." She corrected him, snatching the jacket from him and bumping him away with her hips before he did some real damage to the machine. Tucking her hair behind her ears, her green eyes focused on the buttons, her fingers pressing the needed ones as she placed the jacket inside of the washer by itself. After inserting the soaps and lavender scented beads, she pressed the start button. "Lucky for you I know the exact settings needed to remove blood." She muttered to herself, sighing and watching the machine begin, the box erupting with noise.

"You could have done this in your own apartment. I offered for you to live here and you turned me down. I try to get a different roommate and you refuse. For a man I barely know, you are doing your best to intrude into my life." She contended, turning to face him with her hands recrossed underneath her chest. Due to the height different, Kotori had to tilt her head back to stare into his lifeless eyes, and leaned her butt against the washing machine. There was not an ounce of fear in her voice as she openly informed him of her annoyance.
~Even monsters can love~