[One][Luki] Vivid Dream Operations!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

[One][Luki] Vivid Dream Operations!

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:29 pm

’A meeting held over, so I’m running late. Your partner and her manager will beat me there, so remember Drifting Sakura and be nice.
-A.T.’

Yume frowned, a faint almost imperceptible bow of her lips as she read the message. Drifting Sakura had been the latest in an ill-fated attempt to find Yume a partner. Before Sakura had been a group of three others, before them a different failed duo, and all gave the same general reason for why they didn’t wish to remain. Yume was too quiet and seemingly disinterested. She didn't think it was true, but people always told her she was hard to read.

Yume flicked her thumb over the number pad of her flip phone, calling up a holographic keyboard which hovered in the air just above the physical keypad. Her thumb nimbly darted around the projection as Yume tapped out her quick reply.

’I am always nice.
-Y.F.’

Her finger hovered over the send icon for a long second as she mulled over if the message would be appropriate, before she tapped it quickly with the edge of her thumb and quickly snapped her phone closed and slipped it into a skirt pocket. With a faint sigh Yume settled back in her seat.

The cafe had a tight cozy feel, booths and tables small to encourage low conversion, and wood all dark and richly lacquered which made the interior feel warm. With a smile in her direction from the waitress who had seated her, the young walked over holding up her notepad.

“So, can I get you anything while you wait?” She asked. Yume nodded, and looked down at her menu.

“Yes, I would like your green tea, as well as a slice of the raspberry cheesecake.” Yume said with a faint smile as she looked back to the waitress. The young woman wrote quickly on her pad before she smiled again.

“Thank you, it’ll be right out!” With that, the waitress turned and hurried off to the kitchen. Yume watched the woman go, before her gaze moved to a nearby window, keeping an eye out for the remainder of her party.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Killian
Bronze

Re: [One][Luki] Vivid Dream Operations!

Post by Killian » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:06 pm

On the way towards the central part of the city, Abe Natsuo turned to the magical girl that he was in charge of since about a week ago. Sitting next to him in the car, the 14-year-old Ruki was sitting rather straight, with hands on her knees clenched in a fist.

"Are you nervous?" he asked, turning to the front just as the light had turned green again. Ruki turned her head at this. Her nervous? Maybe, though it could be also she was rather giddy that she couldn't sit still. "Ehehehe," was all that the girl said, with her sheepish laugh.

"Either way, I think you'll be fine." her manager said. Though the truth was, he wasn't entirely sure, given that a lot of things thus far are first-time experiences for him. "Remember that your new partner's name is Ice Princess."

"Ok, got it! Natsuo-san!" Ruki gave a light salute before turning back to the front of the car.

It seemed to take quite a while before finding a parking place, and the two would have walked out. Ruki gave a glance around them. Like any other weekday after school there was quite a lot of people around here. The telescreen in the corner of the intersection was showing that Queen was announcing the popularity list again tonight. Someone called her, and Ruki looked up at Natsuo who was pointing towards the cafe not too far.

"Ohhh, that's the cafe?" the girl's eyes were gleaming as they approached. She followed half a step behind her manager as they entered. beside the window was a girl, with rather long hair. She was sitting alone, but Natsuo wasn't surprised. Ruki tilted her head a bit. She had searched up Ice Princess when she was told about her a few days, but it was another thing of seeing the actual person, without her transformation. Somehow she seemed somewhat familiar.

"Hello," he gave a light wave to get her attention."Ice Princess, I believe? I'm Natsuo Abe, your partner's manager." He tilted his head towards Ruki, a cue for the girl. Even if she had her hands behind her back in a slightly bashful manner, Ruki smiled brightly.

"Hi! I'm Metal Dia! Nice to meet you." she said rather fluently, as though she had practiced it many times. The girl was rather proud to finally have a magical girl alias."Oh, My real name is Yokokawa Ruki, but you can call me Ruki, senpai."
Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy IRL. Replies may be slow, thank you for your patience!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:27 am

“Hello.”

Yume’s head turned to the sound of the voice. A man with a younger girl at his side, and it didn't take much to guess who they were. Her new partner along with that girl’s manager. The girl looked familiar, the kind of face one knows from passing it on the streets from time to time. The manager however, she did not know. She raised her hand and returned the manager’s quick wave. “Ice Princess, I believe? I'm Natsuo Abe, your partner's manager.” The man said, introducing himself.

“I'm Metal Dia! Nice to meet you." the girl said, with a bright smile. "Oh, My real name is Yokokawa Ruki, but you can call me Ruki, senpai.” A faint smile, barely any more than a lift of the corners of her lips was Yume’s visible reaction to the girl’s introduction.

“It is a pleasure to meet the both of you.” Yume said with a dip of her head. “I am Ice Princess, my real name is Furostomi, Yume. Please have a seat.” She added, motioning the two towards the other empty seats. She straightened her posture in her seat as her arm returned to her lap.

“I have already placed my order, so I hope you don't mind.” Yume added, “also, my manager is running late, however I believe he will be joining us soon.” She paused a moment, “so, what powers do you have Ruki?” The words had barely escaped her lips when another male voice spoke up.

“Oh good, everyone is here! Sorry for running so late, I had a meeting that lasted longer than expected. I am Miss Furostomi’s manager, Tawaraya Amori it's nice to meet you all.” Amorim said with a broad smile. He slid a leather satchel off his left shoulder and slipped it onto the back of his chair. “You would be Yokokawa Ruki, correct? Why you look like you’re brimming with energy, are you excited to get started?”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Older and refined. This was like the image of a lot of the upperclass students that gave to Ruki when Ice Princess had spoken. The name didn't seem very familiar, and Ruki hadn't been one attentive to hear about others talk about their upperclassmen. The name had a nice ring to it.

Yume. Dream.

Akumu. Nighmare.

Following Natsuo-san's example, Ruki pulled the chair and sat next to him. She was sitting opposite her new partner. Natsuo gave a nod to her apology. "it's no trouble, I can understand that he is quite occupied." he said. He gave Ruki a short nod, half-encouraging and half-urging her to answer her powers on her own. Natsuo had no intentions of babying her even if Ruki was the younger.

Ruki hadn't gotten further to answer "Metal manipulation" or ask about Yume's ice powers specifically yet before there was the sound of feet shuffling as someone else approached. Both manager and the new VDO girl turned. Natsuo was quick to reply back to Tawaraya's greeting as he pulled out his business card. "nice to meet you as well, Tawaraya-san. Please just call me Natsuo."

Ruki's eyes brightened a bit with the other man's kid-friendly greeting. "Yeah!" she said, a little louder than before without that sliver of bashfulness when she was first had given her self-introduction. "I'm really, really looking forward to it." She turned a little towards her senpai.

The waitress had walked towards the table again. Natsuo was almost surprised that she didn't seem to be giving stares given how they'd probably looked like an odd group. Telling Ruki to just order something, the girl looked at the menu for a moment. One hand was scratching her head while her manager had ordered just some tea for himself, then got to Tawaraya's order.

"Can I have orange pekeo tea and cheesecake?" Ruki asked. Natsuo kept a straight face on as waitress walked away. Having being taking care of Ruki's training, he had gotten a hang of her habits. He could tell by the way she was swinging her legs lightly that she was definitely eager to eat more. The girl on the other hand, didn't want the first impression of her as a glutton.

With the waitress out of hearing range, Natsuo had decided to take the initiative to talk to the partnering manager. "So Tawaraya-san, since both Metal Dia and Ice Princess are partnering up, I assume you would have suggestions for where we should be going?" he asked politely. "I have had a thought as well after looking over both of their evaluations given by ViViD. You've been in this industry first, so I'd like to hear your opinions first?"

By that what he really meant, was referring to the style that the two magical girls would bring. For any magical girl, building her fanbase as an idol was something that accompanied. If he remembered correctly, Ice Princess had a fair share of fanbase with an older audience with her melodies.

On the other hand Ruki had gotten back to her conversation, like one who wasn't as much focused when adults were talking. "About what we were talking earlier. My main power is manipulating metal. All kinds. I can change their shape and temperature." she said. "How about you, senpai? I heard that you use ice with arrows?"
Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy IRL. Replies may be slow, thank you for your patience!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:09 am

"You can manipulate metal?” Yume asked, her lips bending into an enigmatic smile. Ruki seemed like a nice girl, brimming with energy she was attempted to keep in check. Like a windup toy which had been turned until its spring was quivering from the building tension and searching for a release. Yume’s posture relaxed as a rigidness left her shoulders and the girl leaned back in her chair. Her posture maintained a practiced sort of grace, her back straight, her hands resting carefully in her lap as she maintained a level gaze with Ruki, her faint smile unfaltering. “As for myself, as you have heard I often use a bow and arrows made of ice. However, that is merely a product. my powers are much more broadly the creation and manipulation of ice and snow.”

Yume lifted her right hand up from under the table, and held it out, palm up for Ruki to look at. In the middle of her palm was a sliver of ice, a perfect diamond, with precise lines as if it had been cut buy a jeweler.

---

Tawaraya nodded slowly as Natsuo spoke, his mind already shifting back into a work mode. Natsuo’s question was a good one, and would help to set the two girls down on a path which would help to be certain that both girls would be on the path to success. He smiled amiably, as he leaned in towards the other manager. “As you know Miss Furostomi has a few years under her belt, so she will be showing Dia the ropes. Yume specializes in ranged combat, partly due to her background with archery and partly due to her own low health pool and defenses. For combat it would likely be good to have Ruki focus on a closer range. It will help them both have a niche - and I believe from what I have read, and correct me if I am wrong, I believe both girls have highly adaptable powers which will further help them find a rhythm while working together, and ways to mix their powers.”

He paused for a moment, his gaze shifting to the two girls who seemed to have settled into their own conversation. Perhaps this partnership would go better than past ones. Nothing he could do there beyond give his support when he could. “When it comes to performance, Yume has released an album already. She tends to do well with slower, vocal heavy songs, but it might be nice to schedule a few vocal classes together to see how well their performances and singing will match up.”

He gave the younger man a nod of his head. “Now, I would also like to hear your thoughts as well.”

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:18 am

Ruki's hands clapped together gleefully while looking at the diamond cut out from ice. "Pretty..." she said, before looking up at Yume-senpai again. It looked almost real, if she didn't already see similar powers on television. "Can I touch it, senpai?" she pointed at it.

-------

Natsuo nodded along to show his acknowledgement, similar to the typical Japanese salaryman listening to their superior or senior. There was a light smile on his face as Tawaraya-san had continued. It seemed that the other had similar thoughts, and had came prepared. He didn't say explicitly, but the words were able to show that he had a rough idea of Ruki's current capabilities.

"I think that would be a good start. Given what Ice Princess and Metal Dia currently has, it would be good for the duo debut with the long-range and short-range formation. As for niche... yes, I agree." He bent over to reach inside his bag at that moment, taking out a small notebook. Inside only the first couple of pages were written. Some of the writing was in black ink, with well-neat characters. And there every now and then there was quick scribbled writing in coloured ink. The scribbles looked like another person's.

"Yume's experiences with vocals would be useful then. I suggest that Ruki and Yume can practice together during school time. In terms of the specifics for themes, Ruki has told me a few of her ideas. I feel that they're a bit more contemporary and limited to the song genres she's listened to. However, Ruki's willing to try new things." he said, turning temporarily over towards the girls. It was rather hard trying to narrow down to specific genres that the girl might like to sing or perform. She seemed to want to try anything as long as she found it fun. Singing pop songs fit her nature the best, but it would be hard to stand out. "Oh, just before I forget. If you or Yume has ideas of her own for songs, or promotions, please feel free to tell me. It's better if they're enjoying what they're doing, and also - "

His words were cut off by a sharp siren from the street. The people had stopped their chatter all around the city. From the telescreen on the other side of the street, the news program cut off showing a notification. Akumu had been sighted in this very street. The next second, everything was in an uproar as people were filing outside. Ruki bolted up from her seat, whipping her head around to look at Natsuo.

"OH No!" She exclaimed as Natsuo blinked before turning to her."Natsuo-san! This is bad, we gotta - "

"Defeat the Akumu, right?"

He had a feeling in the moment of panic, Ruki had been acting on the trained reflex of a citizen. Hear the siren and evacuate. "We'll see if reinforcements will come, Metal Dia and Ice Princess," he said, getting up while looking at Tawaraya, hoping Ruki would notice he had used her Magical girl alias intentionally. The cafe was now empty. Even the staff were not here. "Until then, can you hold off or defeat the Akumu?"

Understanding it immediately, Ruki's ears were rather pink from embarrassment but her head was held high when she gave a small salute. "Ah... ehehe. G-got it, sir!"

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:12 am

“Can I touch it, senpai?” Ruki said, pointing at the diamond of ice resting in the palm of her hand. She smiled, enigmatic as always, as she reached across the table, her hand open so Ruki could take the fragment of ice to inspect. Her lips parted as she prepared to warn the girl to be careful of the cold when the sudden wail of the alarm cut her off. Her gaze instinctively shifted from the face of the younger girl to the window looking out into the street.

She was still for a moment, her eyes widening a barely perceptible amount. It was at the far end of the street, near an intersection, the distortion. Even at a distance the entrance to the Dream World was very distinct, like a space where color was saturated, and reality seemed to ripple as if it were being viewed through water. If she were closer, Yume knew, she could see fragments of the Dream World within the distortion. For now she knew where it was and that would be enough.

By the time Yume’s attention returned to the group Ruki was already on her feet, her face showing confusion. She too slid out of her chair as she turned to look at Tawaraya.

“It is down the street, near the intersection.” Yume said, her voice perfectly even. “Metal Dia and I shall go and face the Akumu.” As she spoke, a cool breeze passed through the cafe carrying with it fluttering flakes of snow. Her clothing began to unravel, the cloth turning to snow with churned and twisted around Yume until nothing could be seen except for a mass of shivering white. After a moment the snow settled down at her feet, the clothes she had been wearing were gone, replaced by a white kimono. The color of her hair and skin had turned to a pristine white, while her eyes were now an icy blue. She held out her left hand, and a bow branched outwards from her palm.

She turned to check on Ruki to be pleasantly surprised to the that the girl had already transformed as well. Perhaps they could show each other their sequences next time? A faint smile bowed her lips for only a heartbeat before Yume gave Ruki a nod.

“Let us get moving.” Yume said, as she hurried towards the door.

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:50 pm

High above the street, drones had gathered around the top of the building. The sunlight was longer just the natural colour. Every now and then rays of blue and purple and green where flashing in the afternoon sky. Floating around an advertisement screen, several shapes of wolves past by. And following behind the wolf-like Baku, was an elephant that seem to be as a large two trucks stacked on top.

Just one look of these that were floating on in the air, you can tell that they were not normal animals. The wolves had their ears white with what seemed like light frost. On the elephant-like creature, at the ends of the tusks were large crystals of blue ice. The crystals on the Akumu gleamed rather in a menacing manner. They were shaped like branches, and white flowers and leaves were budding from the tips. Almost like the plants in spring.

The neon-blue eyes of the elephant Akumu turned below. The last few civilians were running. It raised its trunk, swinging it towards the air below.

Ruki didn't say another word, as she was looking towards the calm and collected Yume. Snow had wrapped around her senpai, and at the same time, Ruki felt energy within her growing. Many particles of light gathered around her, wrapping around her before forming into her dress in the colours of yellow and black.

When she had left, she had grabbed the jars of metal from her bag. It was the weapon that she would use as she could not conjure metal of her own. Hearing Yume's voice again, she gave a nod.

A loud shattering voice broke into the air, and she whipped her head up. A loud roaring wind swept through the two of them and the civilians. There were a last few yells as the last few people ran out. But she was focused on the large floating elephant in the air. Her eyes were spinning for a moment never seeing on so up close. Shun would only say that he could see cracks in the sky, or just hear random noise. Natsuo and Yume's words rang through her mind.

"I-I'm ready." She said, giving the faint hint of a smile on her face, In her hand, the jars were smashed onto the concrete, and the two pool of silvery liquid shot up. They gathered around Ruki's, and two swords were formed. Her hand tightened and Ruki jumped up (after Yume).

Not too far away, Natsuo (who would have ran with Tawaraya), was looking through the portable screen connected to one of the drones on the roof. He almost grimaced at the jars being smashed. He didn't mention this, but he'll probably tell her later to not go around wasting glass jars like that...

"Tawaraya-san," He said, while looking at the footage of the Akumu. Without the lens of the drones, normal civilians like them wouldn't see anything until the Baku escaped from the Dreamscape. "What do you think of this Akumu?" The other would have know about battle capabilities of more Akumu than he would, perhaps he would be able to tell whether this would be an easier battle or not for the two girls.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:33 am

Yume wasn't certain when it was she passed into the dreamscape. There was a definite change in the air she could feel, an uncanny change to the light of the sun, and a look of oversaturation to all the colors within the zone of the Akumu’s influence yet… there was no real rift. The Dreamscape simply seemed to bleed into reality in a way where it was impossible to tell where the dreamscape actually started. Could the Baku easily leave?

Yume’s gaze shifted from the the wolves back over her shoulder at some of the civilians they had passed. Most of them had scampered away, and the street was empty save the buzzing drones and a few gawkers holding up their phones with more curiosity than common sense. Usually a civilian would be safe unless a Baku escaped the Dreamscape, or, Heaven forbid, an Akumu. But with the rift between dream and reality as porous at this one it wouldn't be safe for anyone nearby. Yume turned to look at Ruki.

“We will have to defeat the Baku first so they do not have a chance to escape. These look like they would be dangerous.” Her eyes flicked to the frosted wolves as she drew an arrow from her quiver and notched it. Would shooting one draw the Akumu’s attention as well? It looked like a tough one. “Metal Dia, I will draw the attention of the Baku. If you focus on physical attacks, then I will keep them off you.” Yume drew the arrow back, she aimed for the lead Baku, her focus on the back of the wolf’s head.

“Are you prepared?” Yume asked.

---------
---------

“Tawaraya-San, what do you think of this Akumu?” Natsuo asked as the two came to a stop, a safe distance away. Amori lifted his tablet up, his fingers dancing across the surface as he shifted through the various camera views before he finally found what he was looking for. He lifted his free hand to
his chin as he studied the Akumu. It had some affiliation with ice given the many crystals which grew from its body, and clearly the Akumu looked powerful however-

The Akumu lifted its trunk as it looked up, directly at the camera. Tawaraya flinched involuntarily, as a sudden chill descended down his spine. The Akumu’s eyes were a stunning neon-blue, the elephant’s trunk reached out towards the camera. Tawaraya looked up from his tablet and down the street towards the dreamscape. He was no magical girl, so the only sign that anything was amiss were the banner ads in the sky, along the the many buzzing drones which hovered above the empty section of street.

“I don't doubt either of the girls or their abilities. But looking at that Akumu…” he paused for a moment, his eyes flicking back to the tablet as an arrow made of ice struck one of the Baku. “But I think that Akumu will make for a very tough fight for the two of them.”

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:05 pm

Ruki's eyes followed the direction of the arrow, her pupils focusing on the eyes of the Baku. The front-most ones' eyes gleamed under the afternoon sun in the dreamscape. At that moment, she felt as though her heartbeat had quickened, and the faintest hint of her lips curling. It wouldn't have looked almost like a smile. Ruki didn't notice though as she nodded. "Yeah, ready." she said, voice not shaking though her hands were clenching tight on the twin swords around her arm.

Just as the arrow sped past her, Metal Dia jumped up high. It was as though she was on the moon. There was no air to hinder her from jumping high. Eyes widening for a moment at the sudden high speed, there was no need to find her balance as her body spun in the air. Growls could be heard over as two Baku had leapt through the air towards her.

In the air, Ruki stretched out her arms to draw two arcs with her swords. One of tips had sliced through the belly of the wolf Baku, whilst another had jumped back. The former Baku's growl stopped short, and from the wounded belly coloured balls, as small as candy burst out.

Natsuo had little reaction, other than his eyes giving an observing look towards the Elephant-like Akumu. Though when he heard Tawaraya's concerned voice, he could tell it wasn't exactly a piece of cake. It would be rather tough for the two of them. He pursed his mouth tight for a moment, before pressing on the button. "I think we should tell them to lessen the numbers first then." He said, operating one of the drones to relay a message.

A drone extended it's arms and began spinning rapidly, allowing it to hover in the air. Like a helicopter, it floated towards Ice Princess who had her bow drawn. From the speaker, only Yume would be able to hear Natsuo's voice. "Ice Princess. For the moment, I recommend lessening the numbers. See if you can make things flashy while the two of you find out more about the Akumu until the reinforcements come." he said. He specifically used "recommend" in his words, since he knew that it is up to the VDO girls to decide what was the best course of action.

"I'll keep you updated on anything new, and when reinforcement comes."