[One][Luki] Vivid Dream Operations!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: [One][Luki] Vivid Dream Operations!

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:57 pm

As with most mornings, Hikari awoke an air filled with the various smells of food. She groped for her alarm clock in the dark, and scored a lucky hit on the off switch, silencing the little device. For a few seconds she was inert, her head buried into her pillow and her legs caught up in a tangle of sheets. Finally, with a low wordless grumble Hikari pushed herself up and with all the grace of a half-asleep school girl rolled out of bed. She stumbled through her morning routine, had a glass of water, took a quick shower, struggled into her uniform, before leaving her room and heading to the apartment’s dining areas only marginally more awake than she had been.

The table was nearly set by the time she arrived, small bowls of still steaming miso soup next to fluffy scrambled eggs and some grilled side vegetables, and a black kettle of tea in the center of the table. Hikari plodded past the table and poked her head into the kitchen. A pair of fish were grilling on the stove top, as Yume with a white apron tied over her school uniform scooped rice out of a cooker and into a bowl.

“Need any help?” Hikari asked through a yawn. Yume looked back over her shoulder, and Hikari caught sight of a faint smile.

“No, but I do thank you. Breakfast will be prepared shortly, so please to take a seat.” Yume said, “and, good morning Hikari.”

“Morning.” Hikari said, returning to the little dining area and sliding into her seat. She took hold of the kettle and poured both herself and Yume some tea while she waited for the other girl.

------

“How do you find the time?” Hikari asked she finished drying off the last plate and slipped it into a cabinet. Yume didn't respond, only offered an enigmatic smile and she finished packing two small containers of soup into a pair of bento boxes.

“Let us get going before we are late.” Yume said, placing the two lunches into a bag which she slid over her shoulder.

“Packing for Hisahito again today?” Hikari asked, pulling open the refrigerator and removing her own lunch she had packed the night before.

“Shall we be going?” Yume asked.

“Yes, let's.” Hikari said, scooping up her school bag.

-------

“Did we have magic or P.E. today?” Hikari asked as the pair passed through the gate.

“I have the supplementary magic classes today, you have P.E.” Yume said.

“And then you have that meeting after school too, must be a pain juggling school and VDO stuff.” Hikari said.

“It is not too bad, simply trying at times.” Yume responded as the two entered into the school building.

“You should introduce me to your new partner sometime as well!” Hikari said with a smile.

“Yes, that would be nice, would it not?” Yume agreed.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Killian

Post by Killian » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:02 am

"Look," Akira sighed. "Can you just come in now, instead of standing by the doorway? She's probably already arrived at her classroom."

Ruki shook her head, her eyes still glowing with hope. "No way, Akira, You're the pessimistic one so there's definitely a chance that we might see Yume-senpai come."

Hearing footsteps again, Ruki ignored her best friend's muttering a denial. Just near the corner of the stairs, her partner from last week was walking down the corridor with another long-haired girl. The latter looked vaguely familiar.

"Yume-senpai!" Ruki called out loudly from where she was, giving a small wave. Then without turning to Akira, she gave a small nudge with her elbow. "See, see!"

"Yes, yes," Akira answered not as enthusiastically. Seeing the two senpais from the magical girl supplementary classes, she gave a small polite with a muttered,"Good day, senpai."

Ruki waited until the two elder girls would have walked a bit closer before she continued. "Yume-senpai, we're have review meeting later today, right? Let's walk together after class?"
Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Available for RPing

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:56 pm

“Yume-senpai!” A familiar voice called as Yume reached the top landing on the staircase. Her gray eyes quickly located the source of the greeting, a rather excited Ruki waving while accompanied by another girl. A faint smile bowed Yume’s lips as she lifted a hand to return the gesture as she and Hikari approached.

“Is that Ruki-chan?” Hikari asked, as the two older girls approached.

“Yes, she is.” Yume responded.

“She’s so cute!” Hikari said, as the two came to a stop at the doorway.

“Good morning Ruki, and to you as well.” The said, giving both of the younger girls a greeting and nod in turn.

“Yume-senpai, we're have review meeting later today, right? Let's walk together after class?" Ruki asked.

“That sounds like it would be nice,” Yume agreed, “oh, but if you do not mind joining me, I have something I will need to deliver to my brother before we go to the meeting. We can meet outside if the lunchroom if you would like to come along.”

----------

“Thank you for warming it for me.” Yume said, and she pulled accepted the bento box which was offered to her.

“It was no problem, feel free to ask again whenever you would like dear.” The kindly older woman said as she fiddled with the oven. Yume nodded as she wrapped a cloth napkin around the box.

“If you would excuse me.” Yume said, stepping over to the kitchen door.

“Have a good evening!” The woman said brightly.

“The same to you.” Yume said as she passed through the threshold and put into hallway. Yume looked up and down the hall looking for Ruki, before tuning and walking to the where they had agreed to meet.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Killian

Post by Killian » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:54 am

Ruki beamed. "Ok~ See you there then, Yume-senpai!" she waved cheerfully before walking back into the classroom.

... ...

When it was lunchtime, Ruki saw that Natsuo had send a message. She gave a small grin while tapping a reply on her phone. Akira leaned back in her seat and twisted her neck around to give her a glance.

"That weird grin," Akira said as Ruki looked up. "Something happened?"

"Hm? I gotta go. Manager-san told me I need to call him for something!" Ruki stood up, taking out a lunch box with black rabbit prints. Shun had one of the same print in a different colour on his desk.

Akira merely gave a shrug, to which her friend huffed that she should be looking more excited. "It's your manager, not mine," Akira shook her head. "Besides, it's you're going to tell me anyway when you come back."

"Ehehe," Ruki beamed again at how knowing her friend was. She gave a wave to her and the other classmates sitting nearby before running towards teh lunchroom.

... ...

In her hand, she was holding on to her lunchbox, and her laptop case. Leaning by the wall near the lunchroom, she took out her phone, idly scrolling through the newsfeed. She had seen a few posts of the footage with her fight with Yume-senpai on Saturday, but now most of it was the usual top 50 VDO girls dominating on most of the posts.

She looked a little at one rare post about No.4. Did "NULL" make an appearance again? Or just a fan trying to rile up the cult support for her?

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:57 am

“Good to see you again, Ruki-chan. Did you see anything interesting?” Yume said with a faint smile as she approached the younger girl scrolling through her phone as she waited. Yume paused a moment as the girl returned the greeting before she lifted the second bento that she had been carrying. “Before we head off, I need to hand this to my brother, if you do not mind the minor detour. After that we can have lunch together in an empty room so we can hear our managers.”

With a brief incline of her head to motion that Ruki should follow, Yume turned and walked back down the hallway. A turn here and there and it wasn’t long before they were at the door of a classroom labeled 1-A. With a light and easy touch Yume opened the door and stepped inside, leaving it open behind her for Ruki to follow. The room itself was empty for the most part, a few students remained at their desks, eating as they studied books, in one corner she caught sight of her brother chatting with two of his soccer teammates.

She approach, the three chatting boys looking in her direction and falling silent as she reached them.

“Good afternoon Hisahito.” Yume said.

“Good day Yume, what brings you here?” Her brother asked.

“Miyu called and informed me you had forgotten your lunch.” Yume said, placing the spare bento onto his desk, “you have practice today, yes? You need to keep up your strength.”

“Yeah, yeah. Thanks.” He said, tugging on the knot of the cloth, as his two friends shared a glance and a grin. “‘Course Miyu couldn’t keep quiet. Who’s the girl?” Hisahito asked, flicking a finger in Ruki’s direction.

“Yokokawa Ruki.”

“Your partner?” He asked.

“Yes.” Yume said. Hisahito grunted in response.

“Yeah, whatever, thanks for the food.” He said. Yume nodded.

“Tell mother I said hello.” She said, before turning and walking out of the room.

———

The halls were empty on their walk to the magical girl wing of the school, but soon enough they were in an empty room with Yume sitting at a long table and motioning for Ruki to sit next to her. She pulled her cellphone out of her pocket and flicked it open with her thumbnail. With a tap of her finger a holographic screen appeared above the phone and with a brush of her finger Yume widened the sides of the screen. She tapped on the screen bringing up a contact menu, selected the first option, before choosing ‘start video call.’

A VDO symbol filled the screen, followed by a ringing sound.

“What do you have for lunch today Ruki?” Yume asked, as she opened her lunchbox.

Killian

Post by Killian » Fri May 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Ruki had returned Yume-senpai's smile with another herself. "Not much news, but lots of rumours so far!" she said while nodding eagerly when the other talked about a detour. 'Your brother! I didn't know you had siblings, senpai!"

A while later, Ruki gave a small but very enthusiastic wave when Yume-senpai mentioned her name in front of the teenage boy. If she had noticed at all Hisahito's skeptical look, she didn't show it, and had merrily skipped alongside Yume-senpai as they entered back into the classrooms, this time in the magical girl wing.

"Bentou with sweet egg roll and ham!" she yelled, while eyeing at the hologram that was starting to show up. Pushing a table next to where Yume would be sitting, she mildly swung her legs while getting out her chopsticks.

After about two ringtones, the picture of Natsuo Abe had appeared. "Natsuo-san!" Ruki said excitedly, "It's the first time I've seen you so tiny." Obviously, this was the few times she used a holographic video call.

"Hello, Furostomi-kun, Ruki," Natsuo said. Before he continued on, he raised an eyebrow at why suddenly his VDO girl was holding a single chopstick towards him in a vertical direction.

"Natsuo-san! You're shorter than my chopstick right now!"

He blinked before clearing his voice a bit, not exactly sure about what to say. That seemed to have gotten Ruki drawing her hand back and sitting up right again. Her face still had the expression of wanting to burst out giggling though. "Don't mind while Tawaraya and I speak, feel free to eat your lunch." he gestured with a casual smile. "We decided it'd be best to do the review outside of your normal training times, so hope you don't mind. Anyway, have you rewatched your own program, that was aired on Sunday morning? I was thinking..." he paused for a moment turning towards Tawaraya, "that there might be some things we need to consider for short-term. And we should finalize the discussion from last week."

He was referring to the meeting before the Akumu had interrupted.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Wed May 09, 2018 1:23 am

“Good day Abe-san,” Yume said, dipping her head as the manager’s head and upper torso appeared in the projection. A ghost of a smile crept onto her lips as she slid open her lunch, while Ruki compared the size of her manager to her chopstick. Yume caught Amori Tawaraya’s voice before the man appeared on screen already sporting an amiable smile. “Good day to you, Tawaraya-san.”

“Hello girls, classes going well?” Tawaraya asked, his gaze dropping down as he ruffled through a bag just out of frame. He produced a tablet after a second or two which he placed between his seat and Natsuo’s.

“Yes, today has been fine.” Yume said, plucking up a slice of egg with her chopsticks. “And to answer Abe-san’s question, we did both watch the program.”

“Good to hear,” Tawaraya smiled as he tapped something on his tablet. “Your teamwork was good for that being your first battle together, and you both responded marvelously when the baku attempted to escape the Dreamworld. So you both have a good starting base, so I think the first thing we should discuss are the roles you two can play in combat.” He looked back up at the two girls.

“After that, if we have time, we can move on to your idol careers as well. Do you have any thoughts you would like to start with Abe-San?”

Killian

Post by Killian » Tue May 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Ruki had picked up a piece of egg roll, and she gave an eager nod. "Everything but history," she said after swallowing the food, before continuing to hear the rest of the manager's words.

A corner of her mouth curled upwards at Tawaraya-san's praise.

Natsuo gave a grateful nod quickly. "Ah, yes." He said, turning the holographic call device towards a board. There were a few words written there, showing that the two managers had been in discussion prior to the call. "I had been speaking with Tawaraya-san about the image we would want to aim for in the future. By that, I'm referring to the magical girl image."

"Oh, oh! I know!" Ruki raised the hand holding her chopstick. "The princess-like kind."

"While that's an image that works, especially for the elegant style that Ice Princess has carried thus far," Natsuo said, flipping over a page on the booklet on the table. "I don't think that would be the most efficient in the long-term in this pair combo."

He continued on, seeing a questioning look from Ruki. "I think, the key is integration. Integration of your powers with your VDO image, and then the integration as a pair. From the looks of your fight and past records, the fighting style is rather different for both of you. In the past, clashing genres have been able to make breakthroughs. So I suggest that we have Yume and Ruki continue to develop their styles to contrast each other further. Not clash, but contrast."

"So for building up the fanbase via entertainment," Natsuo turned to the other manager," we mentioned about starting with the music industry. I was thinking perhaps through songs with mashup genres? Anything with jpop has high reach-ability. The other would be unconventional music for the girls age."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:51 am

“A mix of classical styles along with modern tones and beats would do well to help the two of you find a niche for yourselves.” Amori agreed, offering up an amiable smile. “You’ll have a unique draw, and will be able to gather far more attention than if we stuck with more conventional styles.”

“Yes, that does sound like a very good idea.” Yume said with a nod of her head. With a deft movement of her hand she plucked up a piece of green onion and beef, and slipped it into her mouth.

“We do hope that we will be able to bring out your natural personalities as well with this. Rather than having you take on a role, you will be acting out who you already are.” Amori chuckled, with some adjustments here and there of course. Have to put on a show after all.”

Another nod, this one fainter as Yume chewed.

“Now, as for combat, we are in luck because the two of you have wonderfully adaptive and flexible magics at your disposal. However, for helping to build up an image you will need to put together a combat style.” Amori leaned forward and lifted a hand in Yume’s direction, “for example, Furostomi-san is exemplary in archery, so we play to her strengths and image by her using a bow and arrow in combat. That said, it is no good to have only one trick, much of how she used a lance when that group of baku grew close you should learn other arts to use in an emergency.”

“That said, for Metal Dia, we should focus on figuring out her primary means of fighting before we work on secondary styles. Sound good?” Amori asked, with another smile.

——

Not quite asleep, yet not fully engaged with her surroundings, Kasume watched the tv with half-hooded eyes. The last surgery had gone well, the doctors had said, they had told her that she should retain the use of her leg, and that with time the pain would fade.

Provided she didn’t strain her knee too much.

The envelope which the school had sent with her revised class schedule with the magic courses added in was laying on the bed still, next to her left arm. No one seemed quite sure yet what her powers were, exactly, and she couldn’t test them out while she was recovering. Still, she could feel them, as a not-quite-itch. Like a numb limb with nerves finally starting to prickle as blood trickled back though once pinched off arteries.

People normally didn’t learn they were a witch this late in life, but here she was.

Kasume yawned, and shifted in the bed, trying to find a comfortable position.

Killian

Post by Killian » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:40 am

Natsuo's fingers were typing furiously on laptop as Tawaraya continued speaking, obviously taking notes. He gave short nods of acknowledgement. Ruki's eyes were sparkling at the mention at the compliment about being adaptive. She hummed out some rather chirpy sound, muffled by the mouthful of rice she was chewing.

"Yes, sir! Tawaraya-san!" Ruki's hand shot up to answer Tawaraya's suggestion.

Natsuo read over on the screen before speaking up. "In short, for combat training, Ice Princess should consider a little more on alternatives, whilst Metal Dia will continue to cover the fundamentals. Let me know me know, Furostomi-san, when you have thought of an idea, and we'll see if you need a different training teacher. Though I'm sure Tawaraya-san would be able to update me on that."

A few more clicks and the holographic form looked at both VDO girls. "There's one more thing I'd like to suggest for your training," he said. "question: combat training, analytics and mentality, which one is most important?"

Ruki's hand shot up again. Now that she had finished her food, the chopstick was next to her lunchbox. "Mentality! It's in all the cartoons!"

Natsuo waited a bit to see what Yume's answer would be. "Ok, so how often do we train mentality?"

He already knew that they would have an idea of what he was hinting at: they should add something more to their current training menu.
Class President Jun Ishida walked briskly but silently down the hospital corridor. Finding the room where the "new" magical girl was, she gave two knocks. "Fukase-san? It's Jun Ishida from school. I'm in class 3-A."

When she would have received confirmation that she could enter, Jun would slid open the door. The TV was currently showing some program that she didn't care about. She walked over beside the bed, giving one of her usual smiles. "Hi, how are you feeling?"

Her eyes lingered a little on the envelope with the school seal. No doubt the school would have contacted her already about her witch powers. Jun had only been told that it was discovered recently, but wasn't told the specifics.