[RP][AllThatAngst] After Project 2229 - Operation 3553

xBlackxAcex

Re: [RP][XCocottesxCocottesX] After Project 2229 - Operation 3553

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:18 pm

'Fire.' Elliot turned his head, and his heart raced. The warehouse was crumbling apart; the debris quickly closing in. "Jacob, let's go!" Kenny tried to grab the man by force, but he wouldn't budge. "You." Jacob's eyes locked onto Elliot, and Elliot had no time to hesitate. Whatever exit he had, the number of them dwindled, and his escape window was thinner. He raised the gun and aimed at the two guys before sloppily firing at them because of Jude on his back. He dropped the weapon, and he made his way to the front. 'Four bullets. I shot them.' Panicking, he struggled to leverage Jude's weight on his shoulders, but once he felt like he had somewhat better mobility, he hobbled to the front entrance. His knees were weak, and his legs weren't holding up. "Ha, man stop being a deadweight and come on!" Elliot barely chuckled and grunted, fighting to drag them to safety. His vision grew blotchy, and he smiled slightly when he caught a glimpse of armed men coming towards him. 'Danielle, I'm keeping my promise. Wait for me.' He fell to the ground, watching the warehouse unravel before him.

Gunshots. "Stupid bastards." The fire was getting harder to control, and Hans was rushing his men out. There was no sight of Jacob or Kenny, and Hans decided it was best to leave without them. He couldn't afford to get caught. "You two are my way out. Get to stepping." He pointed a gun to their backs as two henchmen pushed the Doves to move.

"I need a medic!" The fire brigade worked quickly to get Elliot and Jude out of the burning warehouse before rushing back in for others. "Where is she?" Looking around for his pink-haired love, he grabbed the policeman's arm and tried to get up from the gurney to find her. "Lay back down. You've done enough son." The man in uniform snatched his arm back, causing Elliot to fall back onto the gurney. "You're in no shape to go back in there. You will die." He stared at Jude besides him. "Is he gonna make it?" Elliot whispered. "We're going to do everything we can." Elliot cleared his throat and nodded since he wasn't in much of a position to fight. He told her to wait, but he was stupid to think she would listen to him. Jude was transferred to another ambulance that was en route to the hospital, and Elliot attempted to get someone to listen to him. "Please, I know a way to get inside. There's an alleyway if you would just give me a suit, I can get her out of there."

"Where?" An officer stopped, and she signaled her team to go around the perimeter. "Take me with you, and I'll show you." He negotiated with the law.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:11 pm

Danielle was way over her head. Dread twisted her guts as she found her parents. Hans had his men with him, there was no way hey would not shoot her on sight. She had hoped he would be alone in order for her to spill his blood. Possibilities were few and she was unsure if there was a point of even continuing this damned plan. It was a suicide mission. Danielle was in no position to fight and had seriously useless skills. That’s when a light bulb went off in her head. At the same time a small explosion ensued a few feet beside her, causing debris to fly everywhere. The debris that flew in her direction cut her skin and small sparks caused her skin to sizzle. Burning flesh smelled terrible. The smell of blood almost made her reminisce. However, there was no time for that.

Danielle picked up a piece of concrete that fit into her palm and was roughly sphere shaped. Weighing it in her hand, she wasted no more time, her parents and his men had just left the doorway and Hans was next. Danielle spiked the rock towards Hans, mentally begging for perfect accuracy for just this moment. Luck seemed to be with her for just a moment because it hit him right in the back of his neck. He flinched and his hand swung up to rub the spot. He whipped around to find the assailant and his beast eyes narrowed at the sight of the pink haired fiend.

“Hans,” she called over the crackling fire, grimy smoke coated her tan skin. She coughed and covered her mouth as wooden crates burned all around them. This was the worst building to set on fire. Danielle tried to suck in a couple lungfuls of air but the smoky air only made her cough more. Still, she squared her shoulders and hid the shard of glass behind her back. Her grip was shaky and her palms were sweaty. She held so tightly that the glass bit into her hand, breaking the skin to allow red to bubble out. Just another wound. She had to think of something, quick.

“You’re a hard bitch to kill,” Hans laughed darkly, shaking his head and walking towards her. “But obviously a stupid bitch at that. What did you come back in here for? To die?” He mocked, squinting through the smoky air. “You’re quite the slut for death aren’t you?”

His words may have been true, but none of that mattered. She took a few steps towards him until he raised his own pistol. Guns definitely beat glass. He aimed it at her face. He motioned for her to put her hands up, but Danielle only raised one.

“A gunshot would be too quick. You and your damned family deserve slow, painful deaths.” He seethed, spitting in her face. She flinched as he grabbed her arm hiding the glass.

It all happened so quickly. Danielle was unsure what happened first. The gunshot. Her stabbing him in the throat with the glass. The blood splattering. His heavy hand to her face. She just remembered warmth then coldness. Maybe it was the concrete floor. Perhaps the warmth was the fire— but no, it stuck her face. Some even got into her mouth. It tasted like iron. It was disgusting. But it was no longer her focus as everything went black and silent.
~What Would Morticia Do?~

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:48 am

"!7 are trying to escape around the back. I'm at their tail right now. Seize on the ready." buzzed in the earpiece. "They're in sight. We're right with you. On my count." A few police took aim, while the others took Han's men to the ground. Puling out his earpiece, Elliot frantically looked past the men in black, pushing through them to search for Elle. "Hey, you can't do that!" His cocoa eyes blitzed around, desaperate to see pink hair. Men were forced on the ground and Danielle's parents as well. However, he couldn't care too much since he was holding a grudge against them for putting her in this insane situation. "She's not fucking here!" The fire retardant suit suddenly became restricting. and he rushed towards the burning building. He felt his stitches coming apart, but heat climbed his back. Dangerous thoughts swarmed his head, and he slammed into the back entrance door. The handle was scorching, and he irrationally rammed his shoulder into the metal door. 'I'm not letting you leave me again. Not this time.'

"Stand back!" The fire brigade came to his assistance more or less, and they did a much better at getting the door open than he did. The firefighters followed in and Elliot stupidly coped. He couldn't see much through the flames and debris. He coughed a fit since he didn't wear an oxygen mask. "Danielle!" He coughed haphazardly, shielding his face with his forearm. No matter how many times, he called out for her, he didn't hear an echo, and the more his lungs constricted. "We found them!" Though he was struggling for air, he quickly stumbled towards the area where she might be. "One is dead. A man." He stopped in his advance. 'Wait, where's Hans? I didn't see him outside. Don't tell me..'

"We have to get them outside now." One event happened after another, and Elliot was bulldozed with emotions. With the fire department extinguishing the building, the police packing the Five Points in squad cars, and the rescue team fleeing the warehouse to safety, Elliot thought he could've collapsed. He felt like his knees were raw from kneeling on the concrete. "Sir, both of you need the hospital. You opened your stitches. You need to let her go." A male EMT broke the information to him, and he still couldn't let go of her. A first aid kit wasn't enough, but he wished it was. 'She hates hospitals.' He cradled her unconscious body and wiped his thumb across her blackened cheeks. "Sir." Elliot brushed her hair back. "You did well." He whispered quietly before he let her be carried into the ambulance.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:21 pm

“Danielle,” a soft voice beckoned, the light accent is was really caught her attention, “Look at me.” And she did, turning her head she met a pair of eyes matching hers. Dark, swirling shades of chocolate. Long, curled lashes, high cheekbones, full lips, and caramel skin. The smile made his lips spread apart to reveal a knowing grin.

“Danny,” she replied breathlessly, her voice hoarse and raw. Speaking caused her to break into a coughing fit that lasted much too long. Her brother leaned forward to caress her round face, the mere contact rendered her silent and still. His thumb lightly brushed against her jaw and throat and the pain faded into numbness.

“Just listen, K?” He nodded to encourage her to, she did and more warmth radiated from his smile. He perched himself atop the side of her bed and left a hand attached to her. Danielle gripped it as tightly as she could even though she felt weak. “You’ve done some pretty stupid stuff, huh? Caught up in drama and danger. Just needed the angst you heard in your music?” He teased lightly, gently pinching her nose. It caused her to scrunch it up in retort. “It may seem long— your life, your story— but it isn’t over yet. There’s more to live for. There’s more to do. There’s someone waiting for you.” Danielle watched his eyes water and felt a pang in her chest. “My pink haired Hispanic Disney princess,” he chuckled, running his fingers through her colorful locks. There was a deep sadness in his voice, Danielle noticed this and shook her head.

“I don’t want to leave you,” she pleaded quietly, gripping his hand with a vice-like grip. He only smiled and leaned forward to press a kiss to her forehead. The kiss threw her into a daze, she was left floating and drifting endlessly. All until the feeling of falling had her sputtering for air and something to grab onto.

With a start Danielle twitched violently before sitting up, seemingly confused and overstimulated. All of her senses hit her at once: the strong smell of bleach that could only mean she was in the hospital, the bright white walls and bland furniture, the stiff and thin hospital gown, the beeping of her heart monitor, and the tubes coming from places she did not want to acknowledge. ‘I hate hospitals.’ A headache rocked her skull, her eyes were irritated, and she could only take short breaths. She raised her arm to hold her chest as she realized her shortness of breath. Danielle did her best to remain calm but her eyes watered at the thought of her dream and memory of the last time she was awake. Droplets cruised down her cheeks, dripping from her chin onto her arm. Her hands moved to cradle her face and she did her best to pull herself together to focus on finding the one person she positively could not live without. Elijah.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:21 am

"Papa loves her so much." Elliot cooed to Damien, showing the baby pictures of Danielle to cope with the pain a little bit. "Es muy bonita, sí?" Damien cooed and kicked his legs happily, and Elliot took it it as a sign that he agreed with him. "Yo te quiero también." Elliot grinned with squinted eyes, kissing his tiny nose. The pain was going away until Mallory snatched Damien away from him and kicked him out of her house. "I told you. No Spanish around him. She doesn't even care about the baby, so stop acting like she's going to come around and accept Damien as hers. Cause she won't.

The last few days were resurfacing in his memory, and he got angrier. He couldn't handle all the stress. Danielle, Mallory and his son, the company, and the dead man, it was too much. Gradually increasing his speed, Elliot ran with all his might as fast as he could; his body was slick with sweat. His calves throbbed immensely, and his heart threatened to spilt open his diaphram. He was frustrated that Elle wasn't waking up, and he blamed Hans for putting her in that state. ‘I’ll kill you again I swear. If Danielle..’ He bit the inside of his cheek, holding back from the tears welling up.

“Slow down Elijah! It hasn't been even a full week yet. You're still healing.” Elliot shook his head, slowing down to a stop and powering off the treadmill. Breathing heavily, he yanked out his earbuds while he stepped down the exercise machine. "I'm fine." He spitted, squatting down to grab his water bottle from the ground before hesitating to bring it to his lips. Sam narrowed his eyes and pushed Elliot's shoulder, knocking him down on his butt. Proceeding to lift his shirt up, the suture looked like it was separating. At this rate, his scar would not heal properly, and it could probably get infected. "This is the third time you've done this. You're just as stupid as you look. You never listen."

He formed a mouth with his hand, mocking his parent-like figure, and Elliot childishly lifted his chin in the air and snorted. “Don’t worry, no one poisoned it.” Sam laughed jokingly, tossing him a towel. “Funny.” Elliot dryly chuckled drying his hair with the cloth and taking a swish of water. Sweat dripped from his face to the gym carpet. While Elliot was busy cooling down from his workout, Sam was standing off to the side when his phone rang. It was the hospital. Sam increased the distance between Elliot and picked up the phone. His bodyguard could never hide anything from him from too long. Elliot noticed this, and he slyly inched closer. He heard the relief in his tone as well as the smile. "Thank you so much. I'll let him now. Yes, we'll be there as soon as we can." He didn't have to hear the rest. His hopes shot through the roof, and he gunned to the showers. "Woohoo! Yes, yes! She's up!" She was finally awake. His woman. His rock. His future. He hardly washed the soap out of his hair or dried himself off before he was running down the sterile corridor. Still sweating from his gym session, his heart that was weighed down with grief grew light and airy. "Sir, no running in the hospital!"

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:33 pm

"I don't want the damned oxygen mask," cursed the latina, waving off the pestering nurses. They did their best to coax the pink-haired girl back into the bed, to lay down until the doctor could come in and check her condition. However, she refused, her agitation only making it harder for her to breathe. "If you shove that thing in my face again, I swear on everything that is holy and unholy-- I'll scream Bloody Mary." she promised a particularly feisty nurse who seemed to have extremely little patience for the rambunctious patient. "I know the symptoms of smoke inhalation," she claimed, holding the blanket away from the nurse trying to get her to lay down, "Coughing, shortness of breath, hoarseness, headaches, and a change in mental status. So unless you want me to faint, throw up, or hack up a lung-- back the Hell up and just let me stand. I just want to put my arms above my head and focus on my breathing." Every word she spoke required its own inhale and exhale, but this did not stop her from getting her point across.

The reluctant nurses finally gave up, all but one deciding they had somewhere else to be. The nurse stood their with her arms crossed disapprovingly before picking up Danielle's clip board to read her emergency contacts. "It says here that your emergency contact is Elijah Fintry. He has been notified by the hospital of your change in status."

'Elliot,' she perked up to the sound of his name. Memories seemed to want to refocus but remained scrambled. She could not recall details, just a vague sense of what had happened. A fire and something to do with the gang. She also remembered the taste of blood. Blood that was not hers. Slowly, Danielle brought her fingers to her lips, sitting back down on the bed as she tried to remember. This effort only brought her pain, she flinched and groaned, looking back up to ask for pain medication, but the nurse was gone. Danielle groaned, flopping back onto the bed slowly, the movement making her head spin. She was thirsty, the nurse could have at least offered to get her food or something to drink. The dryness of her throat made it harder to speak. Danielle laid perpendicular on the hospital bed, mouthing words to herself, in English and Spanish.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:04 pm

So focused on running, the room numbers were blurred. Elliot slowed down significantly but not because the receptionist told him to, but he nearly passed the room. And her nurse stopped him. "Do us both a favor, and get her to put on the oxygen mask, will you?" Elliot nodded, sweat lining the collar of his T-shirt. "I'll try." With his word, the stress evident in the nurse's face lessened drastically, and she swiftly walked away to attend to other patients. He backtracked until he saw her legs hanging off of the bed. He peered into the room for his eyes to meet her pink hair, and he smiled. Tears welled up in his oak colored eyes, and he rubbed them away before they fell. "So the nurse tells me, you won't take the oxygen, mi amor." He shakily chuckled as he wiped the tears with his forearm.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:25 am

A deep voice entered the room causing her to jump, she sat up with a start and blinked repeatedly at the man who had entered her room. The quick movements made her dizzy again, but that did not stop her from getting up onto her feet. "Elliot..." she whispered, a single tear cascading down the curve of her cheek. She allowed the salty droplet to roll down her lips and chin before plopping onto the floor. There he was, her knight in jeans. Her knight with the most beautiful brown eyes and warmest smile. The man she loved and nearly lost too many times. Danielle blinked and took clumsy steps towards him, her arms outstretched like a child. Part of her was terrified that he was not real, another delusion or dream. She crashed into his chest and rubbed her face into his cotton shirt. Breathing was hard but she took in the deepest inhale she could, taking in his scent. He smelled clean, body wash and shampoo. He had cleaned up just for her. 'Dork,' she thought smiling knowingly. Her arms tightened around his torso as she buried her face into his chest more. Danielle had no words, not that she could find her voice anyway, her silence was disrupted by her sniffling and struggle to breathe.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:41 am

Elliot caught and wrapped his arms around Danielle as tight as he could without feeling like he was going to break her. "I thought I was going to lose you." He bit his lip. A week in the hospital made her more fragile and thin than he thought. He was already planning meals for her to recover the lost weight, but he was beyond grateful to have her back in his arms since he didn't know when he would get to hug her again. He had thought some of the darkest scenarios when he slept over at the hospital, and he almost thought he had to let her go legitimately. "You are so strong and beautiful." Even dressed in a paper gown, he found Danielle the most attractive woman in the world. "I love you so much." He whispered against her skin, squeezing her shoulder. He disconnected from the embrace moments later as he grew aware of her strain for breath. "How are you feeling?" Leaning back to examine her wellbeing, he held her face in his hands. He had a business degree, so he was not medically inclined; but he could get Dr. Hutchinson in the room in two seconds flat.

AllThatAngst

Post by AllThatAngst » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:44 pm

Her knees felt weak and nearly gave out but Elliot's strong arms kept her up. Her red face was hidden within his chest, her current focus his heart beat and voice. God, how she missed it. Crying and hugging made it harder to breathe, but it was worth it; she would take death by a thousand cuts just for an hour in these arms of his. Elliot's arms made Danielle feel weak, she could tell she had lost some weight, probably paler than her usual. Her skin needed some sun and her bones could use some fat. Altogether she just needed to be around Elliot, that was the only way she could pull herself together, perhaps regain her memories. "I didn't want to wake up, Daniel was there." she admitted quietly under her breath. It was a painful admission, telling the man she loved that she almost picked a life (or the lack thereof) without him.

Now her face burned from embarrassment, "Shut up," It was all she had to say. The last thing she wanted to hear right now was a compliment, especially about her appearance. She needed an actual shower, to wash her hair, and real clothes. The forced unconsciousness allowed her to rid herself of dark bags, however that was about it. "I love you too," she whispered, eyes burning as tears threatened to break free. Those were three words she could hear everyday for the rest of her life, being Mrs. Fintry did not sound too bad, it sounded perfect in fact. When he pulled away, she immediately began to miss the warmth, but appreciated the eye contact. "I'm hungry," she answered, stomach growling moments after.

Danielle leaned into his touch, enjoying the chance to gaze deeper into his eyes. "Medically speaking however, I have an increased mucus production and bronchospasm which leads to coughing, but at least it's clear meaning there is not a dangerous amount of burned particles deposited in my lungs and trachea. Shortness of breath is to be expected. Noisy breathing is probably caused by irritant chemicals. Exposure to carbon monoxide is giving me a crazy headache, I also want to vomit, and I seem to have some mental confusion involving my short-term memories. However that could also be caused by my brain trying to blockout traumatic memories. I need to have a light probe to determine the amount of oxygen in my blood-- or a blood test." she rambled off, taking breaks now in then to breathe. Being a college student on the path of obtaining a medical degree, she knew a few things. Done with her nerdy ramble, her eyes focused back on his. "But mostly, I'm hungry..." she murmured, contemplating whether she should be embarrassed.