The Bloodbourne Hunters [Reserved Dreams]

DreamsandReality

Re: The Bloodbourne Hunters [Reserved Dreams]

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:30 pm

(True indeed. XD)

Cairo smiled "Ah, not surprised. A Hunter's work is never done is it?" he said lightly "Good to hear you are doing well though." He peered around the park for a moment, comforted by its familiar surroundings. It always seemed like such a safe and peaceful place, even though he was not ignorant. He knew well enough the dangers that could lurk anywhere, even in a place like this. "Easy to find...agreed, tis why I chose it." he replied peering back at Loli for a moment. He smiled and offered his arm "Walk with me?" he asked lightly, glancing towards the sky briefly. "Mmm I've always loved rain. Can't say I'm too fond of either of us getting sick from it though." he chuckled and looked back at her.

Jasper's gaze flickered towards her hand and he hesitated for only a second, reminding himself to mind his manners. He smiled gently and took her hand, bowing a little to place a soft kiss on the back of it. "I suppose...but as both a Hunter and a Gentleman, it's rude to keep a Lady waiting." he pointed out quietly. Of course, he was using the term 'gentleman' lightly for he truly believed it was hard for Hunters to be either a Gentleman or a Lady. He straightened up, waving away her apology "It's a perfect spot, well known." he replied. He grimaced a little when she spoke of Doctor Cairo, the man's title and name was enough to make Jasper's stomach churn. He shook his head a little and directed his attention towards Marie again. "It is a bit chill in the air isn't it?" he replied. He would've offered his coat but seeing as though it had a few throwing knives tucked away there was little he could do for her.

Josephine looked thoughtful and shrugged "Fair point Elias..." she agreed. Not to mention if everything was exciting then it would all surely grow boring and then nothing would be thrilling. Besides, if all humans were like the Hunters then the vampires would surely starve and die out, and they couldn't have that. "I suppose the humans have a purpose then. Keep us on our toes and offer a good meal every now and then." she nodded with a small smirk. Oh how delightful it was to chase the humans about. They were much like frightened deer although a few did fight back, in vain of course, but it was fun nonetheless.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:49 pm

[Mhm! XD]

"Even when we are off duty we are on duty." Loli replied, a distant look in her eyes though she looked away before it could be seen. The temperature was slowly dropping, he wouldn't be able to sense it but she could. She was more sensitive, but it wasn't bothersome to her quite yet. It was definitely too cold for children to be out although the sun was gone so none of the children should be out anyway. With the Bloodbournes being free parents weren't letting them out even in the day which was understandable, but thinking about that was indirectly thinking of work and it wasn't the time for that. In losing focus she missed what he was saying, silently scolding herself for it. She looked at Cairo again as he offered his arm to her, hesitating for only a brief moment before she moved closer and took it. He had a peculiar scent, it was interesting and she had to admit he did offer a bit of warmth in this weather. "Where are we going? Or am I not allowed to know yet?" Loli was not big on surprises, for a Hunter surprises were bad, but she would be good. "Rain doesn't stop for a Hunter, most build an immunity to it after awhile..."

Marie smiled as he kissed her hand, almost afraid he was not going to. Not because she felt he owed it to her, but it he messed up she had to report it to the Mayor. She had a duty, but she had to admit she liked Jasper as a person. It was like he was a puzzle and she had to put all the pieces together to figure out who he truly was. Well she imagined all Hunters were like puzzles in a way, they didn't seem to open much to people like her. Just to each other. "Well I'm not bothered by waiting. Hunters and gentlemen deserve breaks as well." She gave him a small smile, clasping her hands in front of her with a sigh. This was exciting and it was admittedly easier to speak with him without Loli. Loli had looked ready to bound over the table and strangle her last time, it made her wary. Although she had to admit she was a little afraid Loli would show up out of nowhere now. "Yes, though luckily we are not staying here. It was just to find one another beforr we set off."

Elias saw the edge of town and smiled to himself, glad to be finally leaving this horrid place. As sound and quaint as it was he found that it just didn't suit him. He preferred the quiet and safety of their Haven, it was dark and not easily stumbled upon or broken into. One, humans mainly, would break their legs just trying to get to the door due to all the tough terrain surrounding it if they didn't get lost and die off first. Sometimes he longed for the company of others, aside from the army, but that was easily taken care of by wandering the towns. Sometimes he hid who he was and just walked around, he kept this hobby to himself though. "Without food we would soon become useless, it wouldn't be a pleasant existence and the fights we end up in keep our minds in top shape." They weren't built like humans so physical accomplishments meant nothing to them.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:38 am

"One of the many things that make Hunters so great and respected..." Cairo replied and he spoke the truth. There was no doubt that the Hunters were respected all over this territory, perhaps some people grew wary of them, but there was no doubt the Hunters would continue to protect the people. It was almost saddening though, to think the Hunters didn't really get 'time off' from work. Cairo smiled brightly, honestly a little surprised she took his arm but of course he said nothing about it. He hoped that in time she would grow comfortable with him, he truly only wished to make her happy. After everything she has to deal with, she deserves that. However, he also had a duty to fulfill and with some reluctance he had to report back to the Mayor about the events that unfolded. He started walking across the park, peering up at the trees thoughtfully, a small smile slipped across his lips. "Hmm depends on how much you want to know..." he replied and glanced at her again. He wouldn't mind telling her but he also wouldn't mind the small 'surprise'. Cairo gazed at Loli for a moment with a thoughtful expression "It's incredible how much Hunters have to handle and go through..."

Jasper observed Marie silently, with a rather neutral expression and a small smile. She was undoubtedly pretty, kind, sweet, and kind of adorable in her own way. She was by no means a bad person which made him feel slightly guilty about his strong resistance to this entire idea of the Mayor's, but how could he help it? When his feelings simply didn't lie with her. Not really about how you feel is it? Never has been... he thought with a soft sigh though he directed his focus towards Marie again when she spoke. "Ah, if only a break was possible." he said lightly. He would not try to hide the fact that a Hunter was never truly finished with work. If...this was ever going to work out she would have to understand that. He tilted his head with vague curiosity "Set off where? If I may ask..." he inquired. Surprises weren't exactly his thing, but he figured it was nothing life threatening or dangerous.

Josephine smiled a bit as the edge of town came into view, feeling a sort of giddy excitement. They were only that much closer to returning to the Haven. As much as she enjoyed traveling and 'seeing the world' so-to-speak, she quite enjoyed the quiet secrecy of the Haven. The small sense of safety it offered her, not because she feared anything but rather being able to let her guard down...a little anyways. One could never truly let their guard down, it would be a foolish mistake. She glanced at Elias "I agree completely..." she responded with a small nod. No doubt the fights they got in kept their minds running. When faced with the Hunters it was always a good challenge, a chance to test their abilities.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:15 am

"I suppose so, though the respect is on the line lately." Loli muttered off-handedly. It wasn't some big secret that the Bloodbournes escaped and the townsfolk were extremely unhappy about it. Some Hunters spoke of being nervous that there would be a revolt of some kind where they'd be hunted down for their mistake. That wasn't as well known and Loli had no plans on telling Cairo or any average day people about it. He didn't have her trust and it was highly likely that he never would. People, especially frightened people,​ talked and she couldn't have that getting out and back to the vampires who would take advantage to exploit the fearful people. They were vile creatures who would do anything to get ahead of the game, but she didn't want to worry about thag right now. A revolt took time to plan so she wasn't concerned. Looking at Cairo she could sense his surprise that she took his arm, raising an eyebrow as he made another remark. "I'm not the type to beg, so do not expect me to beg you for the answer." She replied and pursed her lips, looking away from the 'doctor.' "Compared to everything else rain is nothing."

Marie smiled faintly. "Well ni matter how small a break is still a break." She replied, believing that to be true with her full hearr and spirit. Some days her shop become so busy she was lucky to get even a full minute to herself, but she sure enjoyed those minutes when she got them for breaks were rare on those days. Even the every day person could have a busy work day although it was nothing like for the Hunters she waa sure. "Hm? Oh, I figured we would stop and have dinner first if you're​ hungry and after that...well it's a surprise." She couldn't tell him everything right away, but she had no prolem with telling him a couple of things she had planned for their date. It wouldn't be a long date, she didn't wish him to get stuck anywhere out in this cold weather. "Are you ready to be off...?" Marie asked timidly, shifting from foot to foot nervously. If he wasn't she didn't mind standing here for a little while.

Elias fell silent, unsure what else to say from here. Their conversation had dried up, but he didn't mind the silence. They were surrounded by nature so out here silence was a good thing, rustling or cracking twigs could mean some kind of predator was out there though he couldn't imagine anything trying to hunt them. From what he's heard from the others they smelled of death and suffering, they were the embodiment of evil and their scent showed it. Besides the only predators out here were a few mountain lions and coyotes. A wolf or two if the were lucky and even then all of those were easily taken care of if they tried attacking or anything. He ran his hand through his hair, glancing at her out of the corner of his eye. "We'll be able to run soon, I'm just making sure we aren't being followed by anything out there. Especially Hunters.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Cairo gazed at Loli thoughtfully before he looked away. "Well...everyone understands we need the Hunters." he said gently. There was no doubt that recent events have tested the loyalty and trust between the citizens and the Hunters. Cairo, however, believed that in the end the people would always look up to the Hunters for answers and for protection. He led Loli through the park and chuckled softly, glancing at her again. "Never thought you were the type." he replied which was the truth. She seemed to stubborn and strong-willed to beg for anything. "I only meant that if you wanted an answer I would give it to you but otherwise I'd rather keep it a surprise. Dinner first if you're hungry..." he explained briefly with a small smile. No one said this was going to be easy, but he would try his best. "I rather enjoy rain myself...it's refreshing." he commented glancing towards the sky for a moment.

Jasper gazed at her and nodded a little bit "True..." he agreed lightly. Even though a break seemed impossible for Hunters, there were those few rare moments where he felt he could relax and breathe, if only for a second. He tilted his head a bit as she briefly explained the events planned for the night, nodding a little and even offering another small smile. "Ah, well I shall wait patiently for the surprise then." he said lightly. Although he really wasn't one for surprises, he didn't think she had evil intent so he wasn't too worried. He took a deep breath, mentally preparing himself before he offered his arm. "If you're ready..." he answered with a reassuring smile. He wasn't sure he'd ever be ready for any of this, but he was not one to turn his back towards difficult and challenging times.

Josephine walked beside Elias as silence settled between them, although she didn't mind it. It was peaceful and almost reassuring, allowed her to adjust to their surroundings. Listen intently for signs of other life forms. Hunters were really the only thing she was wary of, they certainly could cause some trouble. Aside from that everything else was relatively easy to handle. She clasped her hands behind her back as she glided across the earth, a light smile trailing her lips as she got lost in her thoughts. Only breaking off this peaceful concentration when Elias spoke again. She nodded understandingly, mostly excited to be able to run. However, safety of the Haven and its location was crucial.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:48 am

[I really don't like the RPF app sometimes. ;-;]

Loli shook her head but didn't say a word in response. She didn't exactly agree with him, believing that some believed they were better off without them. That's how they tended to act, and she could only imagine what it would be like if ever they did successfully overthrow them. They would be slaughtered if the vampires came, they weren't trained on how to deal with them. It was harsh, but most were highly ignorant and thought it was simple. She was grateful that not everyone was like that and knew more were behind the Hunters than weren't still which made her feel a little better about everything. "I'm not, and Hunters aren't keen on surprises. They're usually bad things" She muttered, pushing out the darker things from her mind. As hard as she was trying it kept trickling​ right back in, the curse of a Hunter unfortunately. It was obvious that she didn't know how to act around or talk to a normal person. Even out of uniform she was held to a higher standard and expected, by her mother, to only mingle with the upper class. That was probably why she picked Cairo for her, but it was still pretty awkward. As for dinner she wasn't that hungry, but would probably go with something small to avoid trouble. "A doctor who likes rain...I've never heard of that one."

Marie decided right then that while they were together his work wouldn't ever be brought up, by her anyway. If Jasper chose to tell her of his day then that was a different story. In time she hoped to be a source of comfort for him and, though she doubted it, to show him that she could make him happy. They had to get through quite a few things for that to happen, but she was...determined. Her lips curled up into a smile as she took his arm and guided him along, taking her time so it didn't feel like she was trying to rush him or anything. "I've no doubts you can be quite a patient man." She giggled softly, making sure to watch where she was going. How embarrassing it'd be to run into anything in front of him. "I figured stew would be good for this type of weather, but we don't have set reservations so we can go anywhere if you're wanting something specific?" Marie knew men ate a lot and though the restaurant she thought about made some pretty hearty stews it was possible he wanted something different.

[Ima skip a bit.]

Elias opened the door to the Haven, listening for anything that wasn't normal. It was quiet, but that wasn't unusual. Vampires were a quiet race, only making a racket when it was needed. Those in the army were either resting up or in the rec room doing who knows what. As long as they didn't make a mess or bother the Bloodbournes he didn't really care much. He glanced at Josephine, motioning for her to go in as he looked at the rays of sun peeking over the mountain. They made it back in time, but he wanted to watch it for a minute, just take in its beauty. Sure he was a monster, but he did enjoy beautiful things such as nature on occasion. There was no rule against it, then again he and Josephine made the rules and if she could enjoy the company of animals then he could enjoy the darn scenery. He shook his head and pulled his gaze away, running his hand through his hair as he thought of all the things they had to get done. It was a lot, and their list seemed to always be growing​...

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:20 am

(Is it giving you troubles? ;-;)

Cairo nodded "Understandable of course, but I do hope this proves to be a good surprise." he said gently. He wanted desperately to make Loli happy, to relax a little bit. Many thought it was impossible for a Hunter to relax but he was optimistic, despite the odds being against him. He smiled a little as they reached the edge of the park, making his way down the sidewalk. As far as he was concerned he made it this far and that meant progress, it was easier without Jasper staring him down the entire time. He chuckled softly "I find rain refreshing and soothing, a gift." he replied casually. "Though I will say it does tend to give me more patients as well." The rain had a funny way of making people ill, perhaps due to the cool and damp effects. It was always troublesome but usually it was only minor illnesses and easily treatable.

Jasper allowed her to guide him down whatever path she had destined for them. He matched her pace and although he paid attention to her, he kept a close eye on their surroundings. Even when off duty a Hunter's work was never truly done. He didn't think the vampires would try anything so soon, but one couldn't underestimate their enemies' intentions. He gazed at her for a moment when she spoke and laughed, she was such a happy and bubbly person. It was almost strange and new, worrisome at the same time. "Stew sounds lovely..." he agreed with a small nod. He wasn't really picky when it came to food, he didn't usually eat anything fancy, for lack of time. Stew sounded nice for the cool weather anyways, filling as well. He smiled a bit and looked away again, scanning their surroundings as they walked.

(You know, I almost feel bad for Marie and Cairo. XD)

(Okay!)

Josephine's bright eyes lit up when they reached the Haven, a fresh bounce to her step. They had finally made it back and in good time as well. She was excited to get to work again, to see the Bloodbournes, and even handle the army. All of that was better than having to deal with the tedious events with the humans and Hunters. Although everything served its purpose, no matter how tiresome it may be. She waited until Elias opened the door and motioned inside. She did a tiny bow with an amused grin and hurried inside. Giving a small spin when she entered, breathing in the familiar scent of the Haven. She saw this place as home of course, although that was a thought she kept to herself. She kept quiet though for fear of disturbing the Bloodbournes should they be sleeping.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:51 am

[Yes. It has this bug where if you turn the screen it goes to a pop up automatically, deleting your post in the process. I accidentally did it twice, once here then in Other Realm. ;-;]

Loli sort of doubted that his surprise would blow her away even if it was...good. As she said, in a Hunter's experience surprises were typically bad things and she wouldn't even know how to react. What was the appropriate way to react to a surprise? Maybe she should try and recall how it was she felt when her father surprised her, of course they were small surprises so she was​ sure she'd need to emphasize that. She was having a hard time though as it's been years and she ultimately​ decided that it didn't matter. If she was too excited then Cairo was​ likely to think he had her in his grasp and she needed to keep him at a distance. Just like she was keeping Jasper at a distance. Don't think about it, she bit her lip and scanned their surroundings, nodding so he wouldn't think she was​ ignoring him. "Most Hunters are immune to rain, we work out in it often enough I suppose." There was​ little to enjoy for Hunters, but nature never lost its beautiful luster. "You need your work though I can't say that it's a good thing the people get sick or hurt."

Marie smiled brightly, a hop entering her step as she now knew where to go. "Then stew it is!" She exclaimed softly, the air seemingly​ lighter all of a sudden. Why she was so happy she wasn't sure, but maybe it was​ because she had picked something he seemed to like and agreed with for a nice meal. Stew wasn't anything so trivial, but it was easy and there were plenty of options for them to pick from at the place they were head to. The chef was a tad arrogant, but he knew what he was doing. "...do you have a favorite kind of food?" She asked, trying to make conversation as they walked along. It wouldn't be good if he grew bored of her, it was​ her duty to make sure he was​ entertained and well taken care of. To make him laugh as he just had. He had such a lovely laugh, it made one wish to hear it all the time.

[How come? XD]

[I was running out of things. >_<]

Elias raised an eyebrow as she grinned and rushed inside, rolling his eyes as he followed her in. After making sure to close and lock the heavy door he turned towards the main hall and listened intently again. It was​ what one would call an eerie silence though it hardly did a thing to bother him, he was rather pleased that it​ seemed he wouldn't have to make an example of someone. Yet. There was​ always the possibility of stumbling upon a mess of some sort on the way to check on things. As always he moved towards the hall, his destination in mind as he peered into every room he passed. The army liked to gather in a specific room so that's​ where he was​ headed, knowing he wouldn't have to explain to Josephine since he always did this. Afterwards they would check on the Bloodbournes and get them fed again if they were awake.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:26 pm

(Oh wow, terribly sorry to hear that. ;-; )

Cairo looked ahead of them with a small smile. He was feeling pretty happy and content at the moment, especially after all the recent events with the vampires. It was nice to relax and enjoy the little things in life. His gaze shifted towards Loli again when she spoke, smiling. "You guys work out in all kinds of weather huh?" he said thoughtfully. They certainly had earned the rightful title of 'honorable and strong'. There was no doubt that not just any human could survive what the Hunters went through. Fortunately, Cairo had a pretty strong immune system so death by illness wasn't a great concern for him. Cairo sighed softly and shook his head. "Funny how that works isn't it? I require people to be hurt or ill in order for me to survive, to have a job." he looked a bit saddened but quickly brushed it aside. "I always take great pride in being able to help people though."

Jasper strode alongside Marie, gazing at her quietly from the corner of his eyes. She was so bubbly and happy, a small part of him was beginning to grow concerned for what being with a Hunter would do to her. Their lives were not easy nor for the people around them, surely the life of a Hunter would only crush her spirit. He frowned a little bit and shook these thoughts aside, the simple solution was to find a way out of the Mayor's plan. For now though, he pushed aside all concerns and simply focused on the task at hand. Jasper looked at Marie when she spoke, thinking carefully before shaking his head a little bit. "I can't say I have a favorite...I kind of just eat whatever is available." he smiled faintly. As a Hunter he couldn't be picky about food, picking a favorite was never on his list of things to do either. "Although I have a fondness for pastries..." he offered.

(They're both so positive and happy that they can make this work out. Then Loli and Jasper are just like, no...not happening. XD )

(As was I. XD)

Josephine smiled and trailed behind Elias as he began checking rooms and heading towards one in particular. She needn't ask what he was doing for he always did this on a daily basis. It was a smart little job though, a way to keep tabs on the army. One always wanted to believe their army was loyal and compliant, but not was the case with them. The army of young vampires were often stubborn, dishonest, and mischievous. Obvious, not all of them but it was still a good idea to keep an eye on them. She was mostly excited to go check on the Bloodbournes, make sure they were still doing well. She began humming softly, holding her hands behind her back. It was tune that was almost eerie in sound, soft and subtle.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:48 pm

[Not your fault. ;-;]

Loli looked down towards the ground, watching it pass by under the long skirt of her dress. It helped her to focus on the current situation, it kept her from constantly scanning their surroundings every few seconds. A Hunter needed to always be aware, but she knew if she did it too often then he would be aware that she wasn't really paying attention to him. His words reached her, but they were dull. "Rain or shine, vampires don't care. They come when they want to." She replied in a slight monotone voice, as if thinking over something though she honestly just didn't care right now. As nice as Cairo was she could imagine that being with a Hunter would destroy him, especially if said Hunter came in to the hospital near death or worse and he was the one to help. Yet that wasn't the only or first reason she was so against this relationship, it wasn't even second. "Someone has to help them, and who wouldn't want a doctor as kind as you fixing them up?" She said with a slight smile, trying to put more effort into seeming happy. It was difficult.

Marie turned left onto a different path, the restaurant now in sight. The scents were so strong that she could already smell them, her stomach growling quietly in response and she hoped he hadn't heard. That would be embarrassing... she wouldn't be able to face him ever again even though it was her job to. "Oh...? I suppose Hunters don't always get the luxury to sit down and enjoy a nice meal." She frowned and looked away, finding it a little bit sad that Hunters had such difficult lives. Did they enjoy such a life? They would have to she assumed, she's never heard of a Hunter who quit unless they were too injured...or dead. A very chilling thought, she tried not to think about the fact that Jasper might one day be killed which made her wonder why the Mayor had been dead set on him and Loli marrying such normal people. It wasn't her place to question it however; she had a duty to fullfil, that was it. "Pastries? Perhaps we should go to the bakery for dessert then, if you would like." To hear that he liked pastries made him seem a bit nornal, but of course she knew better.

[Ah true. They're putting in so much effort and Jasper and Loli are so set on eachother, even though they deny it. XD]

[Well, at least I wasn't the only one. XD]

Elias spotted a few vampires in rooma here and there, but they seemed to be behaving and there were no messes he could see. The ones they passed all bowed in respect, not going back to what they were doing until the pair were out of sight. Some had learned quickly to not get on their bad sides, others took longer but in the end learned as well. It was the rare few whom never learned that were no longer with them, he didn't miss them. He slightly pursed his lips and made his way to what humans would label the family room although theirs was much larger, it had to be for the numbers that resided here and gathered there. His gaze moved to Joesphine as she started to hum, the tone eerie as if she were a shark hunting its prey which wasn't far off the mark. They did have prey but no one specific, just any troublemaker they happened to come across and he was prepared. She just loved going for the kill and he loved to watch, but perhaps they would get lucky today and there would be none. A small chance but a chance indeed.