[RP][ShaFlow] Doki-Doki Channel!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: [RP][ShaFlow] Doki-Doki Channel!

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:45 am

“I am pretty sure me calling financial and yelling at them for not paying my claim is official business.” Maki said, annoyance already back in her tone as she gave the other woman a flat stare. Though it only lasted a moment or two before Maki shook her head and rolled her eyes. People, the whole lot of them, no use at all when she needed them.

She frowned at the mention of the volleyball tournament. It was true, the grand prize, according to the newspaper was suspiciously identical to the amount of money she owed, like the plot of some Sunday morning cartoon or something. Still, it left her with a problem, one she couldn’t easily work around, namely; “isn’t it a doubles tournament? Not really any use to me there when my partner is off doing family business or whatever.”

With a sigh, and a defeatist shrug of her shoulders, Maki returned to the original topic. “Anyway, I never got a good glimpse of it, but it walked through my wall like the one girl who had gone missing and attacked me.” Maki cocked her head to one side, her brown furrowing as she set her lips into a deeper frown. “The Grimm that kidnapped Diva did the same thing to get away.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:56 am

Poison couldn't help but roll her eyes as Maki gave her two cents. Another girl complaining about her minute problems that didn't keep the city safe from larger Grimm attacks. Yeah if only she'd knew....

"Really?" A brow raised scribbling down a key point of Maki's statement. 'Phased through walls'. The pen was spun in between her fingers as she tapped the butt on the pad's surface; the pen-point returning back inside."Thank you, that's all I needed to here. "You've been...tolerable to say the least."

In a few quick motions Poison stowed away her pad and pen and was already on her way to the door."My investigation should run smoothly thanks to you." She looked over her shoulder with a small nod. Sliding her shoes back on with ease, and a hand on the knob something seemed to stop her.

"About the doubles tournament-" Poison took a deep breath. Maki was at least hospitable and cooperated well, the least she could do was give some aid. "You should check out the forums, there are probably girls looking for partners just like you."

Poison exited the apartment with swagger her hair bouncing with each step.

"But you didn't hear it from me."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:50 am

“Yeah, whatever, thanks. Lock the door on your way out.” Maki said with a roll of her eyes as she dipped her cup under the faucet head and filled the glass with some cool water. Where did the channel keep finding these women? Whatever, she had given some advice that seemed worthwhile to check out so Maki wasn’t going to complain. Taking a sip from her glass Maki stepped out of her kitchen and passed into her living room. She sat down on her couch, placed her glass down into a coaster on a side table and flipped open an old laptop resting on the coffee table.

It took a few minutes to boot the damn thing, but it wasn’t too long after she was on the DDC’s website and switching it over to the official forums. A few more minutes were spent fiddling with her password but eventually she logged in and was scrolling through the various posts until she found the topic she wanted.

Looking for a partner for the upcoming volleyball match…?

Some more time was wasted reading though those posts before, with a sigh, Maki typed up a quick message.

If anyone is still looking for a partner PM me.

And tapped submit.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:21 pm

"Gooooooooooal!"

The crowd went wild! The moment of victory, it had been the last quarter of the game! The teams were tied and all it took was one well placed shot! The ball ripped through the air spiraling and creating a curvature that the goalie was unable to defend against! Their fingertips only missing the ball by mere centimeters as they lunged from one end of the goal to the other.

"Alright that wraps up this seasons Little Soccer League! Congratulations to the Wild Tigers for winning this seasons cup!"

With the sharp blow of the whistle signaling the conclusion of the game, the two teams proceeded with the end game rites. Shaking hands and giving each other a sporty "Good Game" drowned in the heavy odor of grass, sweat, and adrenaline. Of course it was only mostly barren with the exception of a few kind souls devoted to staying behind and cleaning up the field. Using black heavy duty bags to collect cans, food wrappings and whatever could be considered as trash.

"Alright champs! We leave this field as it was when we got here!" The tall brown woman with the blue head wrap hoisted a large black plastic bag over her shoulder. It looked as if it were close to bursting but her monstrous grip contained the tension on the bag.

"Aye coach!" The kids said in unison.

Brnng! Brnng! Brnng! Brnng!

The woman didn't take a moment to see who was calling her phone. Answering it immediately and placing it to her ear.

"Arama speaking."

"Mhm."

"Sure, I can do it, no problem."

"I can find a partner in time, I'l give you a call later."

Arama hung up the phone, as she carried the bag to the field dumpsters. So finding a partner for this upcoming Volleyball tournament. Shouldn't be too hard. Especially since it's going to be quite the event there would be a high saturation of contestants. Lots of potential partners. Relinquishing herself of the bag Arama accessed the forums. There were a lot of requests. Too many requests. Hard to choose.....well leave it up to chance!

Ah! Ee-ny! Mee-ney! Mi-neey! Moe!

Her thumb scrolled in rhythm with thought. Landing on a 'random' magical girls partner request.

"Yo! Saw you were looking for a partner! I'd be down to pair up!"

-Arama

And submit. Hopefully the person could reply soon.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:57 am

What had she expected, an immediate response? With a sigh Maki leaned back, the old wood of the couch groaning with the motion, sliding the fingers of her offhand over her eyes. Still, it had been the better part of an hour or two and she had expected some response. The forum still seemed active, so maybe she should just give it some more time, and later tonight try messaging someone if she didn’t get any bites—

Her laptop beeped, and with a sigh Maki leaned forward. In the center of the screen was a pop up box reading simply ’New Message!’ and a few clicks brought her back to the forums.

”Yo! Saw you were looking for a partner! I'd be down to pair up!"

-Arama

Arama? Why was that name so familiar?
Didn’t matter, she could find out soon enough.

”Sounds great, want to meet up? There’s a good cafe I know in the Circle Mall downtown, we can get to know one another there.”

-Maki

————————

Maki rolled a lock of green hair between her thumb and index finger as she leaned one arm against the counter and watched the door. The crowds outside where thin but steady as they scurried from one end of the mall to the other, some with shopping bags and others without. Behind her a cup of fragrant tea had a tendril of steam curling up.

Her gaze fell upon another woman who seemed to be walking quickly in the direction of the cafe. Her brow scrunched for a moment before realization hit her, the woman with the grass stains in the elevator. As the woman entered Maki raised her hand to wave.

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:50 am

Arama grasped a hold of Maki's hand with both of her own. Shaking it excitedly ."Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi! Pleasure to be your partner for the event! May I say you're already looking, bonita!" This was so exciting! Being able to do a sporting event with another person! Especially a new face? Brought such a warm joy to the woman's heart. To think that she was being brought together closer with the world! Corporate nonsense or not Arama just enjoyed the experience solely!

"O!" Quickly letting go of the poor girls hand she had to rub the back of her neck and hung her head ashamed.

"Heheh, sorry about that! I get a bit too excited about these kinds of things." Arama rambled with an embarrassed attempt of a grin.

There was the hope that Maki wouldn't just leave outright. However Arama wouldn't have been surprised. Not everyone shared the passionate level of interest as she did in sports. There was another person in mind but---they had differing views.

There have been plenty of times where she was a bit too touchy, or excited for partners. Making them feel uncomfortable and eventually leaving. It was a habit that was in the process of being broken; but being a core element in her personality it was extremely challenging. An obstacle like any other in life, that would be overcome!!!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:21 pm

“Oh, uh, hi.” Maki said, caught off guard by the other woman’s sudden display of affection. Still, Maki offered up a smile not quite as enthusiastic as Arama’s, but Maki also doubted she had the raw energy to be this happy to meet someone. Still, Arama seemed nice enough, so as far as experiences went, maybe this tournament wouldn’t be too bad, as far as hamfisted corporate events went, abway.

“Don’t worry about it,” Maki said as Arama released her hands, chuckling lightly at the other woman’s awkwardness. “You’re looking good yourself.” She picked up her cup of tea and took a sip, with a motion for the other woman to take the seat next to her.

“I guess time for quick introductions, I’m Maki Fukui, I guess apologies in advance, I don’t think I’ve played much volleyball since I graduated from academy. I just saw the ad for the event and decided to give it a try.” She said, deciding to leave out the ‘I need this money so I don’t get evicted.’ angle to her story, “and how about you?”

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:09 am

"Sure! Sure!"

Arama seated herself promptly to the chair offered. Fidgeting, she had to find that special spot to achieve maximum comfort."Ah shucks, don't worry about it kid--really the end goal is about having fun!" It was easy for the woman to not really care about winning. After all, she didn't have anything to gain nor did she have any knowledge that Maki did.

"By the way, the name's Mayumi! Hisoka, Mayumi! But I'm better known as Arama!" She gave a small bow of her head and a cheesy grin with her official introduction.

"I simply joined because I so-so much enjoy sports! Couldn't just throw away the opportunity!" Arms followed her flow of excitement. Raising with the elevation of excitement in her volume." Does that about sum it up for introductions?"

Arama's hand scurried around the purse hanging around her shoulders. Fingers acting like miners drilling through many belongings. Out came a pocket sized 'L'-shaped tube; she removed the dark cap at the foot and placed it in her mouth. With a eager press of the canister, Arama took a deep inhale. Waiting a short moment before slowly exhaling.

She was eager to get started with Maki but didn't want to reveal it. Afraid that too much energy could drive away a partner. It was probably better to wait for Maki to initiate.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:32 pm

“I suppose, but winning the grand prize would be nice.” Maki said with a sigh, before she took another long draw from her cup. Well, Arama seemed really into sports so that was good, and she had been covered in grass stains back on the elevator, or when she attempted to get on the elevator, so Maki had some hope she found a partner who knew what they were doing. Maybe they wouldn’t lose in the first round so she could cling to some modicum of hope before reality inevitably crushed it out of her.

Until then she got to pretend she wouldn’t be homeless by the end of the week, hurray!

“Right, I guess we are all introduced now,” she said placing her empty cup aside. She paused a moment while Arama took a puff off her inhaler. “So, what now? Do I need to buy a uniform or anything for this? There any training we should do or anything to get ready?