[RP][ShaFlow] Doki-Doki Channel!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: [RP][ShaFlow] Doki-Doki Channel!

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:52 pm

“It's ok Eyepatch, the Seamstress always teaches us something about ourselves we would rather not learn.” Maki said, she reached over a placed a hand on Eiki’s shoulder and gave her a comforting squeeze. Her hand slipped down and she rubbed Eiki’s back in slow circles, and spoke in a consoling tone, like one a mother might use if their child was crying after they had dropped their ice cream cone on the ground. “Come on, let's go get something to eat, that’ll cheer you up, come come.” Maki said as she lead Eiki out of the room, offering a wave over her shoulder as they left.

--------
[A Typical Day]

“Repairs are how much? What do you mean the DDC refused to cover them? What do you expect me to do about them?” Maki said bitterly into her phone as she paced back and forth in her kitchen. She stopped pacing suddenly, her brow wrinkling as her eyes narrowed. “You want me to what?” She asked, hotly. Another momentary silence as Maki listened.

“You do understand, somewhere in they little brain of yours that if I hadn't of helped you wouldn't have an apartment complex, right?” She hissed into the phone. Another long bout of silence. “You’re going to what if I don't pay? Excuse me? Do you know how much the DDC pulls out of my paycheck to cover-- no! They pay for damages not-- then fight for your claim! What. How the hell is that my fault you insufferable--” Maki pulled the phone away from her ear with a distinctive ‘tch’ as she pushed air between her teeth. The jackass had hung up on her. Maki snapped her phone closed and pushed it into her pocket, and rubbed her brow slowly, trying to excise a growing headache.

“I need aspirin.” She mumbled, stepping over to her cabinet.

On the table sat a newspaper paper, half covered with the sports section which read in big bold letters: TOURNAMENT: PRIZE 500,000 YEN.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:22 am

"Sure--sniff!"

Wiping away the small tear sneaking its way out of her eye socket. Following behind Maki's heels"But I'm choosing!"

There was no need for them to associate with commoner restaurants.
----

"This must be the place..." Posion looked that the white slip of paper, with numerous addresses on it and sighed

Burnt concrete, hardened soot with the large scorch marks.

The sight wasn't pretty, however she doubted that before the complex was burnt was appealing anyway. With every step Poison tried her best to avoid attracting any of it on her shoes. Grumbling as she had to maneuver carefully to reach the lobby, a loud splat! brought up a halt. Before she knew it, a white sticky substance stuck to the soles of a shoe. What the hell? It took a few hefty pulls of the leg for it to finally give.

"Tch. I should just pay for this building to get demolished..!"She grumbled. Up the stairs and down the hall. Arriving in front of the apartment door of Maki Fukui Poison inspected it. Sticking a tongue out in disgust trying to figure out where to "touch". A light two taps on the frame and wiping the back of her hand on her shirt. Expecting some type of residue to contract like from a horror movie.

"Let's just get this over with before I get a disease..."
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:00 pm

Knock, knock.

From her door came two the sound of two light taps, someone seeming to be trying to knock as lightly as they physically could. Now what? Some solicitor come among to bug her? An insurance agent come to gripe about the damage? That cowardly manager sending someone along to drive his point home? Why were they knocking so softly?

“Yeah I'm coming.” Maki said, popping an aspirin into her mouth and downing it with a glass of water. She placed the cup down on the counter, and walked over to her front door. She flicked the lock with her thumb and pulled her door open. Another woman, she looked vaguely familiar, but that look on her face read only disgust. Maki leaned against her door frame and crossed her arms over her chest.

“Hello, need something?” Maki asked.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:51 am

"Maki Fukui? A pleasure..."

That disdainful glare was not wiped even as the young witch stood in front. She returned the crossed arm gesture."I'm on an investigation for the DDC. You happen to be on a list of candidates. After all you did have an encounter with the top fifteen member Dice recently..." With a raised brow she peeked pass the girl in front trying to get a glimpse of the apartment. "So, when can I come in?" With an unenthusiastic roll of the eyes Poison pulled a stick of gum out from a back pocket. Throwing into her mouth and chewing obnoxiously waiting for the witch to let her in.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:58 am

“Uh-huh.” Maki said, making no motions to move from the doorway. If this woman was going to be rude, then she had no reason to be polite. Nice and simple. Or it would have been if not for the mild summer wind blowing the air, with a fine dusty ash and the scent of charred wood and Grimm, from the courtyard right into her apartment. Which would make for a pain to clean, so in the dramatic struggle between forcing more housework for herself and conceding this minor point to an obnoxious woman, Maki choose the latter.

“Yeah, whatever, come on in.” Maki said, taking a step back into her apartment, dusting off her shoulder as she moved. “Be sure to close the door behind you once you come in, I don’t want to spend another hour sweeping up ash.” She added, picking up her empty cup.

“Want anything to drink? Some pop and juice in the ‘fridge.” Maki said, flicking the tap on and dipping her empty glass under the steam of water. “So, what information are you looking for?”

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:15 am

Following behind Maki Poison silently kissed her teeth. The nerve! Not even bothering to hold the door open for her, she was a guest! Has she no manners? Of course not. No it should be expected, living spaces often reflected attitudes. Poison followed Maki's instructions, leaving her shoes at the door as well.

"Thanks but, no thanks." Refusing on Maki's offer.

Flipping through the small notebook her thumb stopped on a page. Eyes sliding down the page slowly reading the carefully taken notes. The chewing ceased. Taking a brief moment to develop her.

"So, has anything unusual occurred? Any unusual Grimm sightings you have stumbled across?"Poison began randomly flipping through pages awaiting Maki's response.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri May 04, 2018 6:24 am

Maki took a long sip from her glass of water, watching the other woman as she flipped through the pages of a notebook. She placed the half-emptied glass down onto the counter behind her as the woman finally got around to asking her questions.

“So, has anything unusual occurred? Any unusual Grimm sightings you have stumbled across?"

Maki crossed her arms over her chest, her lips bowing down into a frown. It had been like two days and they were just now getting around to interviewing her? She had filed all her reports hadn’t she? Yes she had.

“Well, I had five encounters in the last three days. Other than the one which kidnapped Dive, I’ve fought that could possess buildings, a spider, a giant plant, and there was one which tried to kill me in my sleep.” Maki tapped her finger against her arm, her expression annoyed. “So, I’ve had quite a few experiences. I’m guessing you’re here about the kidnapping?”

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Tue May 22, 2018 4:47 am

Poison nodded her head, using a tiny pen from a back pocket to take notes."The reason of my investigation for now is classified." Spinning the the pen between fingers and observing the notes she had of not only Maki, but her partner in crime "Eiki Matsuda" there were a few things that seemed to have sparked interest.

"Could you explain to me from the earliest of the to the most recent, the nature of these experiences? In the best of your recollectio-"

BRRR!BRRR!BRRR!

Muffled vibrations, but still loud enough to be noticed in the small kitchen of two.

"Damn corporate." Poison hissed pulling out her fancy purple smartphone. Placing it at the ear answering it.

"What do you need?"

"Volleyball? No I'm not interested in the publicity right now..."

"Look there's a dangerous Grimm on the loose out there and it needs to be put down. As far as I'm concerned, this doesn't concern me." Hanging up the phone with a deep breath there was an urge to break it.Being slid back into her back pocket she didn't allow her anger to blindside the goal of the `interview`.

"Sorry for the interruption. Now where we're we? Ah! Right. You said a Grimm almost killed you in your sleep, that about right? Tell me about that..."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon May 28, 2018 10:19 pm

“Uh-huh.” Maki said, looking down at her nails while Poison took a call. Well, as rude as the other woman had been when she asked to get into the apartment, she seemed halfway decent at this whole interview thing, the interruption notwithstanding. But soon enough Poison hung up on the call and shoved the phone back into her pocket.

"Sorry for the interruption. Now where we're we? Ah! Right. You said a Grimm almost killed you in your sleep, that about right? Tell me about that…” the woman said, once more getting ready with her notepad and pencil.

“Well, let’s see, it ambushed me in the middle of the night and —“ Maki paused, frowning as her eyes flicked down to Poison’s pocket. “Actually, before all of that, that was corporate calling, right? Which means they’ll pick up your calls. See, I need to ask someone why they aren’t paying insurance for damages and they’re currently screening my calls…”

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:00 am

"My phone is strictly for important matters."

With a snappy almost pre-meditated response, Poison didn't allow Maki to try and stray from the investigation. Tapping the butt of the pen on the head of the notepad."That seems like an issue to take up with human resources." Muttering trying to reattain the train of thought.

"If you want the funds to fix up your home then participate in the upcoming volleyball event..."

It wasn't difficult to tell why Maki wanted to use the phone. After all, the damage was promptly displayed in the front. Right at the entrance.

No doubt the landlord would be furious and was pressuring restitution. It had always been like that. Just something that came with the job. Save the day, take the blame. Deep down Poison felt a dose of remorse, but it was for to the younger witches whom were going through the same strife. Maki included in that group.

"Now continue, it's imperative I get as much information as possible..."