[RP][Wint] Doki-Doki Channel!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

[RP][Wint] Doki-Doki Channel!

Post by UmbraSight » Sat May 20, 2017 3:07 am

A cooling autumn wind chased off the lingering warmth of the day as slate gray clouds of threatened rain attempted to swallow the sun. Perhaps not picnic weather, or the weather to stroll through the park with your significant other -- not that Chie had one. Yet, for sparring? As far as Chie was concerned, the weather was perfect.

Though, a light drizzle wouldn't hurt.

Ms Fujioka cleared her throat as she approached, an ever serious woman, but Chie always found her to be a more than capable instructor. Humorless, perhaps, but good at teaching you how to fight. She thumbed through papers on a clipboard for a moment before her amber eyes flicked to the gathered students.

“As you should all know, this is a supplementary sparring session. If you did not sign your release waivers, let me know and you can sign one now. I have already taken some time to pair you into groups of two. I was able to secure training zone two for us today.” She looked down at her clipboard and slid a finger along the top sheet. “As per usual, all non-Magical Girls will practice first, today we have two with us. Honoka Ikemori and Chie Inoue, you two will start us off, please step into the zone and await my signal.”

“Yessium!” Chie said with a grin. She stepped out of the mass of students, past the instructor and into a well maintained field with a large rectangular space marked out using paint. She took her side, the left most from Ms Fujioka’s perspective and waited for her training partner to arrive.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Wint
Member+

Re: [RP][Wint] Doki-Doki Channel!

Post by Wint » Mon May 22, 2017 6:01 pm

It was cloudy, but rain has yet came.
It had to be today; on her sparring day. It didn't matter too much since her whole shtick was separated from the potentially slippery ground, but it's not like a blindingly sunny day would've been better.
It was the way it was, and the way it was was good enough for her.

To be honest, Honoka wasn't entirely sure how to feel.
On the one hand, she had no idea what she was going to face. It could be something she won't stand a chance again. Then again, it's still a class. The level should be around a certain average. And even if she screws up, it's still a goddamn class. So long as someone doesn't burst into laughter, she'll keep her cool.
On the other hand, it could just as much have been excitement, and not anxiousness that she was feeling. Honoka knew she was pretty agile, especially with the deck of cards that she had been dealt.
And she was pretty motivated. She was a good fighter. She practiced, unlike the two black-haired besties that slacked all the time.
If she messes up, she'd at least prefer having her combatant or Ms Fujioka to smirk or something, because then she'll know that they're not just blindly watching, and it'll give her the desire to work better and try harder to annihilate them when the next chance arises during the next sparring session.

She shook her head as discreetly as she could, clearing her mind, before looking back at that cloudy sky, seeing it work its way piece by piece; slowly.
With momentum her ally and the gusts of wind her squadrons, she was ready to fight; she was ready to rumble, and show her true flames, and fan them to the heavens.

Her name was called, and so was her combatant's. She didn't know much about her, if at all.
It didn't matter. If it all turned well, maybe she could. Or they could just wave goodbye and end it there.
Her combatant, Chie..
She seemed... quite lively, to be honest.
It was quite a nice change from the usual vibes she saw on the streets, people barely sharing an honest smile, and talking about things like a tale from a book they've read.

Ms Fujioka on her left and Chie before her, she stepped forth, hoping to show herself to those around her unnecessarily from the common chatty way which wasn't really her thing, but rather from within; ignore the thoughts in her head and let herself free in the gusts of the wind.
Sho: "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakingmoon."
Neku: "Uhh... what?"
Joshua: "I think he's saying he's better than gravity."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue May 30, 2017 3:37 am

“Alright girls, remember this bout will only include primary and secondary powers. Both of your clutches and Hypers are prohibited. Chie, you may only draw material from inside the boundary. Please don't tear it up too much.” Ms Fujioka said. A broad smile split Chie’s lips as the girl nodded agreement. Chie tapped her right heel against the ground as she sized up her opponent. She seemed about as nervous as Chie felt, which was nice. At least she wasn't the only one.

Also, the girl seemed a bit dour? Was that the word? It seemed like the word. Maybe it was the word.

“Now, I want the two of you to transform, and following that you will begin on my mark.” Their instructor said.

Chie drew in a breath, as a thin mist curled around her feet. It coiled and crawled up her legs, her socks unraveling wherever the vapor touched them. The thin mist darkened as it rose, turning from a drifting morning mist to a veil of white. It condensed in close as it rose past her head before suddenly drifting away from her. Her school uniform was gone, replaced by a blue dress and a pair of long black boots with golden trim.

Perhaps it wasn't as elegant as the magical girls on TV, but Chie felt proud of it. She looked over at the other girl, curious to see what her transformation was like.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:56 pm

Draw material?
Honoka was not entirely certain what she was up against.
If Chie could draw anything, Honoka would have to keep her distance.

The clouds in the sky kept the lights of the sun in their nest. Occasionally, a day or two would break through, the sun shedding color on anything that crosses its field of vision.
As the girls prepared, the gusts of wind made way for the sun, its reach extending down as a day broke through, infiltrating through Honoka's hair, bestowing it with the fires the gaseous sphere held in its gut, scorching it an orange red, its volume smaller and easier to handle.

As the clouds proceeded to move ever so discreetly, as they always have, what appeared to be rays of sun, only monochrome in a nearly invisible state, came down and refracted off certain areas behind Honoka, close to her arms and back.
Gusts of air, refracting and shifting angles as they hit nothing, until nothing became feathers, silver in appearance.
Whatever wind rays broke through, tore into instead of through her clothes, imbuing them with a touch of their monochromatic qualities, yet leaving a tiny of green to clash the fiery orange atop Honoka's head.
To an observer, nothing much happened, other than something quick and nearly invisible, opaque being a foreign word to the essence.
But as the light refracted and as the wind broke through and formed pale feathers, the clouds were once again Honoka's mates in combat, the gusts of wind leading them their way.
The few rays that reached through, from the clusters of beasts up above, gave her her strength. A mere trainee she was, but that wouldn't stop her from reaching through and grabbing the thickest silver lining she could get her hands on, and grant her a fighting chance.

The other girl has transformed, as well.
An elegant cloth falling down from her detailed outfit; blacks and blues golden browns.
Although not quite smiling just yet, a keen observer would see her more open stature, and her slightly calmer expressions. She couldn't negate the stress just yet, but hope pushed her through to fight those toxins in her mind, to allow her training to not be for naught.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:13 am

“Oh that was cool!” Chie said with a brilliant smile and a clap of her hands. A thin wispy mist shivered abound her feet, rippled as gusts of wind sent the vapor dancing. “Could you show me some transformation pointers sometime?” Chie asked, her voice a bundle of hopeful optimism, her cool blue eyes practically sparkling. How cool would it be to learn some tricks about making a pretty transformation? Well, however pretty as Chie could make mist, she could do the fancy thing with her clothes but that's about all she had figured out.

“Ok girls!” The instructor called, yanking Chie out of her reprieve. Right, before anything else she needed focus on the match. The other girl seemed like she had wind powers or something. Or light? In the edge of her vision, Chie could see her instructor lift her arm. “And, begin!” The woman swiped her arm down as she gave the declaration.

All at once, the thin wispy vapor at her feet suddenly whelmed up and swallowed the air around her and turned it to a space of twisting formless white. Chie slid backwards, putting distance between herself and the other girl as she vaporized a portion of earth.

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:57 am

And so it has begun.
Chie was still very kind, which was.. appreciated.
Honoka really didn't know how to manipulate her manipulation, but she could always try to..
"Sure." She said with a nod, before the instructor called and swiped her arm.

The ground before Honoka turned into a hazy dust, controlled by nothing, that including gravity.
It was... What was it?
Either way, Honoka had to start somewhere.
She leaped back as the vapor struck, but held her hand forward and to the side as she tried and managed to summon a wide current from her end and tried to hit Chie with it, to potentially disrupt her balance.
If she had more control over her powers, she could summon it from behind Chie, and maintain the element of surprise.
Although it was air, the speed was still somewhat visible, but hopefully it wasn't visible enough for Honoka's opponent.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:25 pm

The blast of wind carved a path through the growing mist, left the curling vapors in a state of disarray. However as it churned through the space Chie had been occupying only empty air remained. Not that the attack hadn't had any effect. She lost hold of some of the dirt she had vaporized causing a shower of dirt clots and pieces of stone to take to the air, partly due to how her mist was disrupted, and partly due to an inability to keep both the dirt and herself in a vapor form at the same moment. The wind also made it hard to move through the mist as well, it made the vapor choppy, caused them to roll in inconsistent patterns that Chie found hard to predict. Also, the giant gap left in the wind’s wake didn't help.

But, it also gave Chie an idea.

Her mist was normally slow, a constant creep outward after the initial vapor whelmed up around her. But the burst of wind was pushing her mists quicker than it could normally spread. Not exactly in directions she wanted but she could work with it. She took physical form again in a thin veil of fog on the edge of the boundary line. Again she scraped up earth, this time taking a thin shaving off the top rather than gouging a hole in the ground like she had done for her first attempt.

“Missed me! Missed me!” Chie said, waving an arm as the mist around her thickened and took on a brown hue.

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:44 pm

As blast of wind moved the weird vapors about, dirt dribbled down like a short rain.
Honoka did not know what the vapor was, but she sensed it would not help her.

Then the girl— Chie, pulled up more dirt.
Only.. far less.
And she was taunting her...
What was going on?

She had to be careful.

She pushed her hand forth, to try and mess with the girl, but with her thumb she thrusted the air the opposite direction than before.
Chie was moving, and Honoka didn't know enough about the vapors to go near them. Her wind was safer than her wings for now.

Honoka was standing on her end of the arena, but with the initial chunk vaporized being so huge, she had to make sure she was not going to be pushed or dropped.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:44 am

Different plan needed.

It is as a surprisingly simple thought that came to her mind. A way she could use her opponent’s skill against her. Far to her left, hidden amongst the churning mists Chie condensed some of the dirt she had collected into a smooth curving, not quite “wall” but a long mound. If she was lucky and it didn't just get blown apart by the wind, maybe it would catch some of the wind and send it in a different direction with some of her mists. If she could get a branch behind the other girl then she could win the fight.

Maybe.

Well, best to give this a shot. She stepped forward, her body once more dissolving into the churning vapor. After a moment she appeared on the other side of her portion of the field. She lifted her hand above her head and waved.

“Over here now!” She said, cheerily, before Chie dropped her hand down. With that a ball of dirt flew out of the mist directly at Honoka.

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:49 am

What was Chie planning? It seemed like direct attacks were not what she was going for, which worried Honoka. Not that she would let her see her worry.

She could've created anything within the vapor and she wouldn't see it, unless she could focus on it. That meant she had to be more mobile than she is now.
She couldn't just spread her wings now, though. If she would, Chie's next attack would be directed at them and Honoka would not have enough time to dodge it. Perhaps if she has enough time during flight she could chop through the dirt, but that would be hard unless given enough time to think about it, whioch was small anyway. But, it could be done.

Chie disappeared inside of her own mist, only to pop up on the other side of the arena.
She had to be careful and watch her ste-

-A ball of dirt flew at Honoka, soon after Chie commented on her new location.
It really started to annoy Honoka, as she acted smarter than her; like a matador to an angry bull.
Honoka was not a bull, and she wasn't going to be served a chunk of bull.

Quickstepping to the side opposite of Chie, Honoka fell down the dirtless hole.
It wasn't entirely intentional, but it could help.

Letting her wings out once she was out of sight, Honoka prepared an attack.
If she went there herself, she could be hit with dirt, though it would only be bad so much; unless Chie creates a thicker barrier than she can penetrate.

Using her Primary in a different way, she applied razor-sharp blades of wind to her feathers. Though, that gave of a small grunt which Honoka hoped would not be suspicious.
She didn't have a lot of time anyway; Chie or Ms Fujioka would soon check up on her.
She was now ready to charge like the bull Chie called for, but never expected.

Honoka flew up, thrusting herself upwards with wind, and charging forward with wind once she was diagonally above Chie, facing her.
With her charge upwards, some of the mist separated from Chie's sides, but not only did she have enough to create something in front of her, perhaps she did have enough to dodge. Though, Honoka would try and retaliate.

It was do or die.
Or, do or lose.

Not a punch.
Just her body.
A bullet of air charging at Chie.
Not as stable as one being shot out of a barrel of a gun, but she had to make do.

Her wings could slice through the dirt, but her face might not be able to.
She had to give it all she had.
Thrust through whatever Chie has, or hurl herself into more dirt than she can handle, and fall.

She screamed in her head to cheer herself up, but maintained that voice only within.
She wanted to maintain as much secrecy and surprise, even if she had to aim herself once she flew upwards, for the final blow.
It was now or never.