[RP][UmbraSight]The Old War

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Trandafir

Re: [RP][UmbraSight]The Old War

Post by Trandafir » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:45 am

When Sylvia started motioning to stand Stelian jumped up, taking her good arm and helping her so she wouldn't overdo herself. He was tired of course, but his body was healthy while hers was not, and for that, he couldn't allow her to risk getting any other injuries or damaging even further the ones she already had.

After hearing the words 'river' and 'camp', it was like all exhaustion had left Stelian's body. The elf smiled hopeful, carrying the girl on his back with more ease than he had done for the past few hours. The promise of a light at the end of the tunnel was all the strength he had at that moment, and was enough for him to move one foot after the other, towards the place the elf on his back pointed out.

The sight was heavenly, and words couldn't describe how it felt to listen to the sound of the water running through the rocks, and see it right in front of him after almost giving up. When Stelian got to the border of the river a grin filled his lips, and he slowly put Sylvia on the ground before running towards the clear water, seeking to end his thirst. He got on his knees and splashed some water on his face, washed his hands and scooped the water up to his mouth a couple of times, laughing from time to time while he did that. Stelian opened his bag and took out his canteen, filling it to the top and walking over to where he had left Sylvia, offering the bottle to her.

Still with a smile on his face, Stelian allowed himself to drop his exhausted body to the ground, next to Sylvia. His breath was heavy and knowing that they'd be camping there, he had finally allowed himself to show how tired he actually was. "I can search for some fruits later, there's probably something we can eat around here." The elf said, resting his head against the trunk of a tree.
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:47 pm

The sound of water running was soothing, and Sylvia couldn't help but smile as she found a comfortable position against a tree. She watched Stelian as the younger elf used his hands as a cup, laughing with a joy that Sylvia found infectious. Her smile broadened and a faint chuckle escaped her lips as Stelian finished filling the canteen and offered the bottle to her as he walked back over. The accepted the canteen with a grateful nod and brought it up to her lips as Stelian slumped down next to her. She took a long drag from the canteen, the water cool, and carried with it only the faint taste of minerals.

She sighed as she pulled the canteen from her lips, and held it back out for Stelian to take. “Fresh fruit sounds lovely, I’ve been living off field rations and hard bread for far too long. A bath too would be nice, but I might have to wait for that.” Sylvia said with a faint laugh. She fell silent after a moment, her eye drifting back to the river. “We have a river like this near my home. The other kids and I would sometimes sneak out at night to play around it.”

She paused for a moment, her gaze turning to the darkening sky, and the distant burn of red and orange from the setting of the sun as it began to sink below the distant horizon. “I wonder if the children still do that.” She breathed as a slow wind shivered the branches of the surrounding trees.

Only, the rustling sounds didn't end as the wind did. Sylvia’s ears perked to the sound as she shifted her weight forward, her expression turning grim. A moment later, Sylvia caught fragments of voices, and with the chill crawling up her spine, Sylvia's worries were confirmed. Someone else moving through the woods, and they weren't being very quiet about it.

“...fresh fire pit…”

The word came with the wind, as Sylvia’s eye widened. She turned her head quickly towards Stelian and brought her finger up to her lips.

“...maybe some stragglers…”

“...this way…”

“Stelian, I need you stand up as quietly as possible, and then help me up.” Sylvia breathed. She didn't know who the voices belonged to, and she had no desire to find out. “We need to leave here, without making noise.” She said, her voice quiet but firm.
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Stelian laughed along with Sylvia, and formed a light smirk once the girl recalled memories of her life before the battle. The male elf found himself curious about her; about her life, her hobbies, what her village looked like. He wanted to learn about her, but before he could bring himself to ask a question, Sylvia's expression turned serious.

"What is it?" Stelian asked quietly, but stopped himself when the woman requested for silence. He hadn't noticed the voices at first, but with a little of concentration he was able to hear them. His first impulse would be to investigate, but Sylvia advised against it.

“Stelian, I need you stand up as quietly as possible, and then help me up. We need to leave here, without making noise.” She had said, and Stelian nodded blindly at her command. Being careful not to step in any dead leafs or dry branches of wood, Stelian pulled himself up and assisted Sylvia, with one hand on her waist and the other arm lifted so she could hold to that. When they were both up, Stelian kept a firm grip on the girl's waist to carry some of her weight, that way they could move without risking to cause her any unnecessary pain.

"Where do we go?" He asked in a whisper, hearing the voices getting closer, as well as the loud steps. Could they be enemies? Thieves? Stelian didn't know, but he trusted Sylvia. And if she said they should run then that's what he was prepared to do.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:08 am

How many voices were there? Sylvia could only make out two, but that didn't mean there weren't more, only that there were at least two, and they were close. Sylvia drew a breath a Stelian leaned in to help her up, she took hold of the arm he offered her, and with only a soundless cringe to betray her discomfort Sylvia worked her way up onto her feet. She leaned against Stelian as the younger elf held her waist to help take some of the weight off her hip.

“Were do we go?" Stelian whispered. Sylvia released a breath, her eye scanning the treeline. No movement but which way should they go? Could the two of them move like this without drawing attention? Could she.

If Stelian was alone he could make it back to the trail, and from there back to the tent. Better one of them make it than neither.

Her jaw tightened, and Sylvia nodded slowly. She slid her arm across Stelian’s shoulder, as she lifted her off hand and gestured back the way they had originally come.

“Back the way we came, try to get some distance fast.” Sylvia whispered, “but we have to be careful. When we get about halfway between the path and the river we will take a different way. If we are lucky, whoever it is will follow our original trail. And miss where we split off.”

She swallowed dryly, and once more nodded slowly. “Let's get moving.”
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Once again, Stelian nodded to Sylvia's words and obeyed her command. Making sure to secure her weigh as best as he could, the elf silently walked through the woods in silence and awfully slow steps. It wouldn't work. If he sped up he'd be risking making more noise and harming Sylvia's injury, but at their current rhythim, it wouldn't take long for the strangers to catch up with them.

Think, Stelian, think. The men's voices became louder as they approached their trail, and Stelian forced himself to stop and look around. His gaze stopped as a large, full bush, and he realized that it was the best chance they would have. Or that Sylvia would have at least.

Who knew, maybe those guys wouldn't be enemies. If they were thieves, Stelian could simply give them the few coins he had in his pockets. They would probably not be of much use during their journey anyway... He could think of another way to pay for lodgins when they reached the village. There was also the possibility that they would just be a small group of travelers, just like he and Sylvia were. Perhaps they could help each other out, even though even Stelian knew it was unlikely.

"Hide there," the elf said in a whisper, guiding Sylvia towards the bush. He didn't let go of her until he was sure the leaves would cover her up, and after a reassuring smirk, the elf stepped away from the hideaway to greet the newcomers.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:11 pm

"We need to keep moving.” Sylvia hissed as Stelian slowed to a stop. She could hear the voices growing louder, they didn't have time to stop now, they needed distance, they needed to find a place to hide away. They couldn't just stand here while the others caught up to them. Sylvia could feel a rising panic, a primal urge to run to put as much space between herself and the group behind them as possible. She knew it was a bad idea, knew that she couldn't move fast enough even if it wasn’t.

“Hide here.” Stelian whispered, as he guided her to a thick knot of bushes and helped her down into them. He took a moment to be certain that the leaves covered her well before he stepped away, looking satisfied with himself. As the younger elf turned away, Sylvia felt her heart lurch in her breast. Where was Stelian going? Sylvia shifted forward in the bush, her hip prickled with pain from the motion.

“Stop, you need to hide.” Sylvia breathed, as loud as she dared, “hurry, get in the bush--”

Voices caused her to draw in a breath and fall silent. Close, creeping, with a note of excitement that made her skin cold.

“This way, it leads this way.” The voice said, and automatically Sylvia’s hand fell to her side to draw her rapier, but her fingers found no blade only the cloth at her hip. Again her heart missed a beat. Her weapon was gone, left behind in the medical tent. Sylvia drew a slow breath, to calm herself. She needed to keep calm, she needed to help Stelian.

He had helped her, and she couldn't let him get hurt over it.

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:47 pm

It's fine. It's going to be fine.

Stelian breathed in deeply, and closed his hands in tight fists hanging from both sides of his body. His hands were sweaty and shaky. He wasn't calm at all, but he had to pretend to be, in order to speak with the men that were arriving.

He had learned throughout the years that one should never show fear. When he was younger he'd often get picked on for being smaller than the other elves, and had to learn his way around the best way he could. The way being not drawing attention to himself and not giving away the reaction the bullies were willing to get.

For that reason, when the strange looking men walked up to him, he forced out a sweet, welcoming smile. "H-hello. My name is Stelian, I'm a traveler. Wasn't expecting to see other people around these parts." He said, avoiding to look back to the bush where Sylvia was hidden. He needed to trust that she wouldn't draw any attention to herself, but by being an experienced fighter, he trusted she'd know what to do.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:37 pm

“H-hello. My name is Stelian, I'm a traveler. Wasn't expecting to see other people around these parts.” Stelian said, his voice friendly with a nervous edge. With an agonizing slowness Sylvia slowly worked her way back through to the opposite side of the bush, doing the best she could not to disturb the branches too much. The last thing she needed was to get herself caught, she would be no help to either of them then.

“Why hello, hello.”

With a cringe, Sylvia felt her heart lurch. The man’s voice had an unsettling faux amiability. Almost a mockery of the tone Stelian had used. She didn't hear weapons being drawn, which was a relief, however small. The fact they hadn't didn't meant they wouldn’t.

“Stelian was it? You’re pretty far from the trail, why is that?” The voice spoke again, tone as sweet as spoiled honey. With her good arm Sylvia tested a branch, it didn't wiggle much. She waited for a movement of wind to help mask the movement of the leaves, and pulled up on the branch as she used her good leg to scoot herself back and out of the other side of the bush. She kept close to a tree, ignoring the throbbing, as she listened to the exchange.

“What brings you out this way, friend?”

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:56 pm

"There's a river, down there." Stelian said with a nervous smile, pointing down to the path he and Sylvia had just walked away from. "Thought I'd stop by to fill my bottle.

Stelian was conflicted. Those men seemed nice and friendly, but at the same time, his instincts told him to run. He wondered what Sylvia would think; she probably knew better than he did. His thoughts were interrupted by a second man's voice, who had asked what brought him there. For a second, he froze. He could have told them the name of Sylvia's village, but he didn't recall ever asking her what it was.

"Um, I..." The young elf tried not to show panic through his expression, but on the inside he was frantically searching for a response. "I don't know where I'm going, really. I was told... There'd be a village down a few miles west?" This time, he could feel the sweat going down his forehead. Stelian wanted to take a defensive step back, but he kept himself from doing that. He didn't want to seem rude to those men, and in case they weren't good people, he couldn't imagine a good ending if they caught him trying to escape.