[RP][UmbraSight]The Old War

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Trandafir

Re: [RP][UmbraSight]The Old War

Post by Trandafir » Tue May 30, 2017 10:57 pm

Even though Stelian told Sylvia that they should rest, he wasn't able to sleep instantly that night. The sounds of the woods were frightening to an elf who was used to spending his nights in doors, at the safety of the city. The field they were was unknown and mysterious, and even with the light of the fire still glowing strong, what he saw beyond the tents was pure darkness.

Eventually Stelian was able to close his eyes and fall into deep sleep, but it didn't take long for him to wake up due to a bad dream. The sun had already rised and his stomach claimed for food and water as soon as he sat up straight. He ate a small piece of the bread he had brought with him, saving half of it to Sylvia, and drank nothing but a sip of his water bottle, knowing that it would most likely be needed to treat the warrior's wound when she woke up.

Stelian had been sitting outside of his tent, poking the remainings of the dead fire with a stick, when he heard Sylvia's voice. It starteled him at first, but after a moment of composing himself he turned around and smiled at the woman, standing up from the ground and brushing off the dust from his pants.

"Good morning!" He greated, walking over to her and stopping by the entrance of her tent. "Time to look at that hip, I think." Stelian mentioned, after noticing Sylvia's positioning. If it was hurting it was a bad sign. Luckily he had brought some medicine with him, but in the worst case scenario he'd be forced to take her back to the tent. He hoped she'd be fine however, it'd be better to see the wound first before assuming things.
"I'm coming in." - Finn Wolfhard

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Wed May 31, 2017 2:55 am

“Good morning!” The other elf said as he stopped at entrance of the tent and ducked his head in. A concerned look crossed his face for a moment, before his smile returned. “Time to look at that hip, I think.” The younger elf said. Sylvia nodded slowly, and gingerly she worked her way up into a sitting position. Her left shoulder buzzed as she placed weight upon it, but it was nothing so horrible that she couldn't stand the sting.

Her hip however throbbed. Nothing serious she hoped, perhaps just raw from being used? With her right hand she fumbled with the clasp of her leather belt before she was finally able to pull it loose. She took a breath, before hooking a thumb under the waistline of her trousers and peeling them down past the white bandages which were wound around her hip.

“Do you wish to take a look at my shoulder and eye as well?” Sylvia asked, looking up at Stelian.
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:55 am

Stelian kept his eyes at the girl's hip, his eyebrows furrowed. The bandages were no longer white on the outside, and that could only mean it looked worse on the inside. When the elf asked if he should look at her shoulder and eye as well he simply nodded and entered her tent, being careful not to hit his head on the structure.

"I have to change the bandages," he said, and muttered an 'excuse me' as he got to his knees and got closer to the woman. Stelian opened his bag and took out his harvesting knife, cloth, a few bandages and a solution made of a mix of herbs and alchohol, that the doctor used to clean and desinfect wounds. The knife was small but sharp; sharp enough to cut through the thin fabric wrapped around Sylvia's hip.

Stelian moved the bandage carefully, trying not to hurt her much. The blood that had leaked out was now dry, and making the fabric quite sticky to her skin and the stitches. After successfully pulling the old bandage off, Stelian added a fair amount of the green liquid to a clean piece of cloth.

"This may hurt a bit." He warned, before using the cloth to wash away the blood from the wound, that became more visible as the dark red stains left her skin and tainted the cloth.

The injury didn't look as bad as he had expected, but it didn't look well either. One suture had popped open, and a small infection had started to form, nothing that'd be too dangerous as long as they kept the wound clean and treated it with the right medicine. "I'm sorry... I'm going to have to fix this." Stelian said, getting a little nervous. He had learned how to make sutures, but that'd be his first time attempting at an actual injury, as he had only been practicing so far. Luckily he had packed a kit of needles and thread, so he started to set things up. It was just one stitch. He could do it, he had practiced a million times.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:52 pm

The only thing that betrayed her discomfort as Stelian peeled the old bandages away was a sharp intake of breath. Stelian’s hand was steady, and his movements lacked hesitation. Which helped. It wasn't painless by any stretch of one's imagination, but at least it wasn't painful for long. She drew a breath, quick and through her teeth as the younger elf applied some green solution of medicines to a clean piece of cloth.

“This may hurt a bit." Stelian warned. Sylvia swallowed dryly, and managed a nod. Again, Stelian’s movements were practiced and quick, but this time her already frayed nerves and raw flesh weren’t letter her go easy with a quick jolt of pain. Sylvia cringed but remained still as Stelian wiped the blood away. Squirming around would only make it worse, she knew. Soon enough, Stelian had finished cleaning the wound, and was giving it a quick inspection.

In Sylvia’s ever so expert medical opinion, her hip looked bad. Stelian’s face showed worry, but nothing so deep as to make Sylvia think she had done irreparable damage in her attempt to leave.

“I'm sorry... I'm going to have to fix this." Stelian said, with a hint of nervousness. A popped suture that needed mending, Sylvia saw as he leaned away and fetched his needle and thread from his medical supplies.

“It's fine, you can do this.” Sylvia said closing her eye, and attempted to level her breathing. It would hurt, but wriggling around wouldn’t help, so she needed to keep still. “It's just a simple stitch, right? Just take a breath and relax. You’ll do fine.” She said with a thin smile.
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:39 am

Stelian looked up from Sylvia's hip to her face when he heard her encouraging speech. He was the one supposed to be saying those words and he knew it, but having the elf's trust felt like a heavy weight being lifted from his shoulders. He took a deep breath and furrowed his eyebrows, focusing his gaze on the injury. Stelian pulled a strand of loose hair behind his pointy ear before leaning closer to Sylvia's skin and perfuring it with the needle. He tried to be quick and firm, the quick part didn't exactly work out, but eventually the suture was done and the thread was being cut.

"We did it." Stelian said with a bright smile, looking up at Sylvia. He searched for his bag again, this time looking for some new bandages. "We're almost done here, then we can move to the shoulder and the eye." He murmured mostly to himself, as he carefully wrapped the elf's hip with a clean gauze.

The other injuries weren't half as bad as the first one; all Stelian had to do was to clean them patiently, carefully not to cause Sylvia any unnecessary pain, and exchange the bandages into clean ones.

"There you go," the elf announced with a sigh when he finished setting up the eye patch. It had probably been a couple of hours already since it had started, maybe a little less. After packing up his belongings Stelian stood up and stretched his arms, that were sore from all the hard work and not very pleasing positioning. He then remembered of the bread he had saved for Sylvia and offered it to her, along with his water bottle. "Have something to eat. You'll need it to recover from those wounds." He said with a gentle smile. Stelian assumed they could remain there for a while longer before getting back on their journey. After stitching her hip, carrying her again was probably the best option, as it could pop open if she moved her legs too much. He knew however that if they traveled this way he wouldn't be able to move too fast, and Sylvia seemed to be in quite a hurry the other night.

"We're going to need a horse." Stelian said, though he had no idea of how or where they would be able to get one.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:17 am

Sylvia released a held breath as Stelian applied the final needed stitch and began to wrap fresh bandages around the wounds. He was nowhere as smooth and quick as the doctor had been, but despite his inexperience the suture seems good. Or, to her own inexperienced eye, it seemed good, and the pain, although extremely unpleasant was nothing completely intolerable.

“We did it.” The other elf said as he finished his work. Sylvia offered a smile and nod in response as Stelian moved on to her other bandages. Her shoulder and eye both were far quicker checks than her hip, old bandages removed, the wounds inspected and cleaned before new bandage was applied.

“There you go.” Stelian sighed as he finished his work and began to put the supplies away. Sylvia settled back where she was sitting and looked up at the sky far above the clearing. A deep blue broken by formless masses of white clouds, as the sun climbed to mid-sky. Getting everything checked had taken a few hours at the least. Still, better a few hours lost than her wounds getting infected.

“Have something to eat. You'll need it to recover from those wounds." Stelian said with an easy smile, returning to where she sat with a portion of bread and water. Sylvia’s eye lingered on the offered food for a moment before a gurgle of her stomach reminded her she hadn't eaten since yesterday. With a small smile of her own Sylvia reached up with her good arm and accepted the offered items.

“Thank you.” Sylvia said, as she took a bite of the bread. Not as good a fresh baked, but far better than her field rations. Despite her desire to wolf the bread down, Sylvia moderated herself. She chewed slowly and washed the bread down with water. She offered the mostly empty bottle back as she finished, with a contented sigh.

“I feel much better now.” She said with an easy smile. “A horse? It would be nice, but I am not sure where we would get one.”

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:32 am

Stelian accepted the bottle back with a smile, putting the container inside his bag along with his medical supplies. "There should be some village around here, right?" The young elf said, trying to sound optmistic.

In fact, Stelian didn't know if there'd be a village or not. On the few ocasions when he had left the city he'd done so in carriages, and never to this particular location they found themselves at. A wave of worry got to him, but he tried his best not to show it as it wouldn't be good for either of them if Sylvia realized that he had no idea of what he was doing whatsoever.

"We have to get moving, come on." Stelian said while pushing the thought away, offering his back for Sylvia to hop on. Hopefully she'd guide him to where her hometown was, and magically find a horse waiting on their way.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:36 pm

“There are a few along this path, but they are all fairly small.” Sylvia said, her gaze shifting to the treeline for a moment before turning back to Stelian. It was a true statement -- following the path should take them past several small villages and settlements, but that also didn't mean that Sylvia had told the total truth. Most of the villages she could guide them to easily were on the wrong side of the border. That second piece of information seemed better to keep to herself for now. They just had to reach the border, from there she could figure out a way back home.

Would Stelian be angry?

Sylvia pushed the thought away. Now wasn't the time to worry about things like that.

“To get to a larger town we would have to backtrack and follow a longer route.” Sylvia added as Stelian knelt down and offered his back to her. Sylvia smiled first, then laughed. Nothing loud or full, but there all the same.

“I don't think anyone has offered to carry me on their back since I was a girl.” Sylvia said as she leaned forward and placed her good hand against Stelian’s shoulder and used it to pull herself up. She leaned against his back and somewhat awkwardly slipped her arms around his neck. Her left shoulder buzzed discomfort, but after a second or two of wriggling she found a position that wasn't comfortable exactly, but wasn't uncomfortable either. “Just don't drop be please.” Sylvia said with a faint chuckle.

Trandafir

Post by Trandafir » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:15 am

At the sound of Sylvia's laugh Stelian felt his cheeks starting to heat up. She had a pleasant laugh, the kind that would make him join her if it wasn't of him that she was laughing at. He waited for Sylvia to adjust herself on his back and made sure that he was also in a good position, considering that he didn't know for how long he'd be carrying her around. According to Sylvia they'd have to take a longer route to get to a large town, so odds where that they would be travelling by foot for quite some time.

When Sylvia stopped moving and asked him not to drop her, Stelian couldn't help the shy smirk to grow on his lips. "Oh, I won't. Just hold on tight," he told the girl, before taking the first couple of steps forward.

Just like Stelian had antecipated, it wasn't an easy travel. The route they took was quite bumpy, and even though he wouldn't saying it out loud, carrying Sylvia was starting to hurt his back. And his legs. His whole body was aching to some degree, but he knew that saying something about it would probably make the woman want to walk by herself, which would cause her to potentially hurt her hip even more, endangering the recovery.

After the first few hours Stelian and Sylvia took a break to drink some water, and with time the 'small breaks' became even more frequent as Stelian felt his stamina go away. He didn't know for how long they'd been walking, when Stelian put Sylvia down for the tenth time, sitting down on the dirt and taking his bottle out of his bag. He opened it and let it touch his lips, but when only a couple of drops came out Stelian looked up at Sylvia, disappointed. "We ran out of water."

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:57 pm

Sylvia stretched the best she could as she lowered herself down against the trunk of a tree. Riding on someone’s back was by no means a strenuous activity, but still it left her feeling stiff whenever Stelian paused for a break. She could tell that the travel was taking its toll on the younger elf, breaks in the past few hours had come frequently, and each rest lasted longer than the last. Perhaps it would be better to make a camp now while they still had a few hours of light? Give Stelian plenty of time to rest up for tomorrow.

Nearby Stelian lifted his canteen to his lips, after a brief moment, he pulled it away, disappointment on his face.

“We ran out of water.” He said. Sylvia frowned, her brow momentarily furrowing as she leaned forward towards Stelian. As tired as Stelian looked they would need to find some water before thinking of making camp or taking a break. But where could they head? Stelian didn't know the land and Sylvia had onl-

She paused partway through the thought. She did know a place. She had passed by it with her company, a clear spring which was feeding a river. It shouldn't be too far from where they were currently resting, so long as Sylvia hadn't completely forgotten the little map in her had and simply got them both lost.

“Here help me up.” Sylvia said, holding out her good arm for Stelian to take. “I think I remember the location of a clear river. We can fill up there then set up a camp for the night.”