[RP][Annasiel] Doki-Doki Channel!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: [RP][Annasiel] Doki-Doki Channel!

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:16 pm

Shizue
This thing wasn’t just some perverse mimic of the human form, as the woman who had attacked Agnes had been, the more Ryoko reached out and tangled with the mind of the Grimm the more she could see how it was like that of a human. Complex, full of winding processes, but in its own way utterly perverse and foreign. Where a human had many different fluttering emotions and feelings, this creature had only one, and where most humans were blind to Shizue, this thing bristled as Ryoko slithered near.

“I’ll do what I can to keep it distracted.” Shizue said, closing her eyes and allowing herself to view the world as her dragon felt it. “Akai, I need you to—“

“Of course auntie!” The girl cut in. Before her the Grimm suddenly jerked straight up as if it had been given an awful fright, it’s head crashing through cheap ceiling tiles. Shizue didn’t wait, Ryoko surged forward, its long body coiling around the Grimm’s mind in the moment of confusion.

She could feel, with some matter of satisfaction, the red bubbles popping against the Grimm’s body, and the fake order leaching into its mind.

“Safeness!” Mononoke called after her sister.

Shizue couldn’t help think, Agnes burning the paint off the walls, the Grimm slapping itself silly, all of them in undergarments, would be a woefully funny sight if it weren’t to damned serious.
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:05 am

Hitodama

Hito followed close after Duchess -- as close as she could comfortably manage, with the woman wreathed in fire that seemed a touch hotter than it should have been. Mostly red and yellow, flickering blue near the base, but the Rank 1 in New Kyoto seemed unperturbed. She wouldn't be Rank 1 if her powers burned her, Hito supposed. That would just be silly.

They turned the corner, and all musing stopped.

It was carnage. The film crew, what was left of them, lay strewn across the floor in pieces. If she had not passed through this hallway mere minutes before, she might have thought the walls a natural red, with the thickness of the blood splattered across them. And in the middle of it all, head brushing the ceiling, stood the thing. It had changed when she'd last saw it. Now, it's head was less human, more shaped like some oversized fly trap, the needlelike teeth layered five rows deep inside. On the peak, five eyes glared unevenly at them with a yellow burn - three on the left, two on the right - and multiple limbs dangled for what was once human shoulders, tendrils ending in hooked claws and circular mouths.

"Hello again, dear," it purred, catching sight of Hito. "Back so soon?"

Hito took an involuntary step back, reaching out quickly for Mono's hand. The beast took notice, and its round mouth curled in a crude semblance of a smile.

Agnes

Agnes scowled when she saw the creature, glancing sidelong at Shizue with an irritated glower.

"I thought you had its location," she hissed. The beast caught her hushed words and laughed wetly.

"Your little friend found me, at first. The dragon and the bubbles. So... delightful," it rumbled, not sounding delighted in the slightest. "Once they touched me, it was easy to make them lie to their masters. Send them on false leads."

One of the tendrils unfurled, and a handful of pink bubbles drifted lazily towards the ceiling. Flecks of gold swam in their film, dancing about like oil in a lava lamp. The monster took a step forward, and Agnes matched it.

"I care little for your silly tricks," she called, her fire flaring. This was bad. Few things could trick Shizue, which meant this little nuisance was far stronger than most of the things they faced. "I am Duchess. If you are intelligent, you will know of me, and you will fear me."

The creature seemed confused for a moment, then it laughed again. A ribbon of blood spurt from its mouth as it did.

"Fear a little farm girl, quaking in her shoes? Fear the first prisoner of a rotting regime? Fear the matron who still has nightmares about killing the people she saves? I do not fear you, Agnes. I fear no human."

Agnes' fire flared again, and she whispered over her shoulder.

"Get back."
I think I am a changeling
I was born with little claws instead of nails
and I was pale and barely breathing

I broke the mirror because the me who wasn’t me inside
was shaking, she was seething, she was screaming
-PhemieC

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:31 am

Shizue
Something was strange, and she could feel it in each of Ryoko’s movements. It wasn’t simply due to the ease Ryoko seemed to be dealing with the Grimm it was— the way the dragon moved. Ryoko wasn’t going after the Grimm with the correct amount of aggression, instead she simply seemed to be going through the motions. Had the Grimm somehow tricked her dragon?

“Auntie, wrongness.” Mononoke said, her brow furrowed, and her red eyes bright.

“Follow me, we’re going to go after them.” Shizue said, to a quick nod from the younger girl. The two hurried down the hall Agnes and Hito had taken, Shizue motioning for Mono to stop as they reached the main room. She leaned in, a short chill sliding up her spine. Carnage, blood, a large Grimm with a grotesque head and wretched body, Agnes burning bright.

Shizue tugged hard on Ryoko, the dragon shivering as if she had yanked it from a dream. The dragon somewhere inside her mind roared, and came surging back to her. Mono appeared at her side, the girl’s gaze on her sister as Hito retreated from the flames.
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:29 am

Hitodama

As Duchess advanced, her entire body wreathed in blinding flame, Hito did her best to supplement her assault. It wasn't much, compared to the fiery woman. Still, her bubbles wrapped around debris, carried furniture, anything with heft, and catapulted it straight into the monstrosity's bisected face. The damage was insignificant -- she only seemed to make it more elated, the vertical slit opening to let loose another wet chuckle as it brushed aside her attack.

"Is that the best you have, little ones? A bit of fire and some chairs?"

As if to emphasize the last word, the beast pressed a shoe against one of the fallen stools, crushing it til it bent. No. Not a shoe. Why did she think it was a shoe? It was a cloven hoof, driven down with sinuous muscles that wrapped around its legs like muscles. The body had changed as well, when she wasn't looking, tentacled arms now two limp claws.

"It's doing something with it's body!" Hito cried, taking another step back, not-gently bringing Mono back with her. "Or with our heads! It's different!"

Duchess didn't reply. She merely took another step towards the creature, then held out her hand, an arc of white flame radiating outward from the palm. It expanded outward, engulfing the monster's midsection --

The flames were gone. Both the arc, and the ones that covered Duchess. Still laughing, the monster lunged, arm cracking out to strike Kyoto's strongest in the middle of her throat. She bounced against the adjacent wall and went limp.

-PhemieC

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Shizue

“Hell.” Shizue spat as Agnes hit the wall with a heavy smack. She checked an impulse to rush to her friend’s side, Agnes was a big girl and even if that had killed her, she would be back soon. No, for now she needed to focus an the Grimm, find a way to get the twins out of here. If they could rush for reinforcements, other top fifteen members, then…

How had the damn thing misdirected Ryoko? Put out Agnes’s flames? It was sentient, more than she had ever seen from a Grimm, so perhaps she could see it fighting against Ryoko, but completely misdirecting the dragon? It had to be some other power.

“Go to your sister. See what you two can do.” Shizue said, and Mono’s head bobbed.

“Yes Auntie.” She said, hurrying off.

Those two were stronger together anyway.

“Ryoko.” The dragon drew itself back to her, it was an odd feeling as Ryoko seemed to use her location as a sort of guide as to where it needed to go. Shizue set her teeth. Between blinks, her pupils of her eyes elongated and there was a crackle in the air around her. “Come to me.”

Space around her warped, lines stretching in place before reality seemed to snap back into place. A large dragon filled a portion of the bloody room, the back part of its body coiled protectively around its mistress. It drew itself up, scales glittering a seafoam green and deep blue as its eyes flashed a blooded silver. It’s jaw slid open, and released a roar which shivered the beams overhead.

“Ryoko, kill.” Shizue said, and the dragon learched forward.

——————

Mononoke

“How can be helping?” Mono said as she came to a stop next to her sister. She cocked her head as on odd feeling of charge spread through the room, a crackling feeling of raw energy like a bolt of lightning. Then, suddenly there was a dragon in the room, teeth bared and electricity crackling down it’s body.

“Distractible. Can use? What can do?”

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Hitodama

Duchess was out. Dead or unconscious. Silently, Hito hoped for the former, just for meaning she'd come back all the more quickly. Still, with the woman going limp, a sense of deep malaise settled into her gut. That thing had taken out Duchess. They were higher in number, sure, but it had take out THE Duchess.

She felt her sister's presence before she heard her speak, even though her eyes were now focused on the crackling beast Dragon had pulled -- seemingly out of thin air. With a lazy wave of its hooked claw, the Grimm vanished the dragon, a feebly moving green scarf fluttering down in its place. The creature laughed.

"Oh god, okay," Hito murmured, glancing sidelong at Mono. "Keep trying to distract it, I guess. I-"

Be strong for her.

"-think if we give it our all, we might be able to overwhelm it. Okay, sweetie?"

She didn't think they had any chance at all, but she didn't need to let Mono onto that.

Agnes

Silence.

The battle raged on around her, but her mind drifted in and out of the chaos, giving her time to think. Time to plan.

How to overcome something that could seemingly mess with powers at will? Clutching came to mind. It was far different from normal powers, something else entirely. She was prime to clutch soon. She could feel it building up in her head, like a headache, like a tight pressured cap ready to blow at any moment.

She couldn't do it without hurting the others.

Unless...

Her eyes flickered open, and she slowly rose to her feet, dragging her battered body towards the terrified girls. Something was broken inside, but that didn't matter. She could always kill herself later. She placed two firm hands on their shoulders, leaned close, and whispered to them in a salt-scented hush.

"Blue, stay. Help us hold it off. Red, run to the forest. Make a portal."

She looked up at where the fluttering scarf was already shifting back into Ryoko. It's power didn't last forever. They could hold it off, at least.

-PhemieC

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:33 am

Mono
For a long second after Mono’s lips pursed as she looked up at the Grimm. Different, each time she looked it was different. Wrongness, badness. Leave Hito with badness? But how else to deal with it? If the angry woman had plan then it would work right? But leaning Hito also badness.

Mono pulled in a breath, she caught one of Hito’s fingers with her own index finger and gave it a squeeze. And then she scrambled back and away, with all the hurry of someone who was quite frightened.

“Badness! Badness! Can’t fight badness! Must run can’t be beaten!” She called out, she turned on her heel, and sprinted back down the hall.

Shizue
How had it? What manner of wretched creature was this thing? Shizue scooped up a portion of the scarf as it fluttered down to the ground, and as quickly as she could she began to reel Ryoko back. She could still feel her dragon in the cloth, as the cloth, a shivering enraged energy with no outlet. This Grimm wasn’t something she could fight directly, was it anything she could fight at all?

The scarf under her fingers squirmed, began to expand outward. Not a permanent change then. She still had a chance she could still hold it off somehow until… what? The odd twin suddenly made a scene before darting off. A top fifteen running from a threat?

Something to worry about later.

From the end of the scarf racing forward shape surged back into it, until the dragon once more assumed its shape and released a furious roar.

“Hold ready!” Shizue called, and Ryoko drew itself up until it’s head almost reached the ceiling. And Shizue silently hoped that Agnes had a damn good plan.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:39 am

Proserpine

"Holy fuck. What the- Jesus motherfucking Christ."

Serp stared wide-eyed at the writhing mass of tentacles floating before them, trained on their spot with a single glowing eye. It made her fucking sick to look at. Yeah, she'd dealt with monsters before, and monsters in the shape of people, but this shitty excuse for an octopus was something beyond that. Intelligent, but not humanoid in the slightest, just a dripping mass of fleshy spaghetti that practically seemed to ooze snot.

As she watched, the tentacles convulsed, spitting out a corpse from god-knows-where. No - not a corpse. The body rose shakily to its feet, then began to shamble towards the pair. So this was the thing making the fucking zombies.

"Uh, Hanta. Good news and bad news," she said, not really doing well to hide the tremor in her voice. "Good news, that's not the shithead from the inn. Bad news, pretty fucking sure I can't move my legs."

The swarm buzzed, maybe in agreement, maybe just for the sake of buzzing. Serp's knees were pressed together painfully. It was the only thing keeping her from falling over. That eye, God, that fucking eye. It made her cold, just looking at her. Made her feel weak in the legs, made her heart race, filled her thoughts with pictures of -

The eye.

"Don't let it look at you!" Serp shouted, sending the swarm forward with a flex of her mind. It darted in front of the glowing orb as a massive cloud, and the small girl felt a wave of relief crest over her body. Only for a moment. They needed to work fast.

"Uh, fuck, uh -" It was so much easier to come up with plans when she wasn't the one in danger, dammit. "Flank the fucker!"

Genius plan, Proserpine Demetra. Motherfucking genius.

-PhemieC

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:29 am

Hanta
As easy as a whisper, Hanta stepped forward as one of the zombies shambled near. The arc of her axe was a neat, tidy thing which drove the head of her axe clean into the head of the Grimm. Well outside of the creature’s reach, that would keep Serp happy. Hanta yanked her axe free with a spray of gore, her gaze already onto the writhing mass of tentacles.

“Why come now, it’s easy enough to move! Just one step in front of the other~” Hanta said, as she stepped forward to intercept another one of the Grimm which was heading in Serp’s direction. These little things were disappointing, however had she allowed herself to be struck by one? But that big thing! That big thing.

Yes that seems like it would be a great deal of fun.

Serp’s warning gave her a moment’s pause as she cut down the second zombie, and her red eyes flicked to the Grimm’s large one and the swarm of bugs. Well, if that was the case, do it now and do it fast.

“Oh yes, of course, right away Mistress.” Hanta said with a cheerful laugh as she darted close to the large, talking Grimm, the head of her axe swiping out at the numerous flailing tendrils.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:32 pm

"Stuff the sarcasm!" Serp shouted in reply, performing a series of dodges so awkwardly fortuitous it seemed almost rehearsed. She scrambled back from a lurching zombie, almost toppled backwards, and managed to regain her balance through the deft application of an accidental pirouette. Grumbling under her breath, she darted past the lumbering asshole, glancing at her main target - the flying spaghetti monster from hell.

How the fuck am I gonna do this?

Her swarm was covering the eye, keeping them all from being paralyzed like chumps, but she hadn't even weaponized them yet. It was fucking frustrating, working with her power. Sometimes she envied Hanta. Maybe she could- carefully, Serp split half her swarm from the blanket, making sure to oscillate the rest. A sizable amount, and she wasn't frozen, even though she could occasionally see the yellow glow peeking out from behind the remaining insects. Constant line of sight was important, good to know. Not wasting a second, the girl flicked off the lids of two vials on her belt, lifting her arms to allow the swarm in.

These zombies were gonna become a bigger nuisance, the more time the fight drags on. Silently, Serp cursed herself for not having anything else to defend herself, other than the preoccupied insects. She didn't go on patrols much, how the fuck was she supposed to know it'd be an issue? Maybe she'd make a few bombs when this was all over. The swarm primed quickly, depleting most of the vials of their contents, and set to hovering about her in a half-halo. Now it was time to get down to business.

Or, at least, it would have been if the monster didn't take that time to strike. Still partly blinded, it lashed out to the side, managing to catch Hanta's ankle as the girl ran past. The limb tensed, lifting Serp's partner up into the air so fast she could practically hear the snap.

FUCK.

Time to be the motherfucking hero. Time to... oh, Jesus fucking Christ, she was really gonna do this.

"Hey, ass-breath!" Serp shouted. Another flex of thought, and the swarm around the eye struck, jamming empty stingers into the aqueous humor. Barely any damage to the monster, but hopefully enough to distract. "You're a really shitty Grimm, you know that? Like, what the fuck are you supposed to be, a radioactive squid?"

-PhemieC