[RP][Annasiel] Doki-Doki Channel!

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

UmbraSight

Re: [RP][Annasiel] Doki-Doki Channel!

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:49 am

“This isn't, like, some sort of fucking ploy, is it? Are you supposed to teach me the virtues of order and restraint? Cause I won't fucking have it. I won't deal with that shit. The DDC already has a noose around my public life, I don't want my private time choked out too."

Hanta’s head slowly cocked to one side as the small girl spoke. Some sort of ploy to teach her manners? No one had mentioned such a thing to her, in fact no one had mentioned much of anything to her. The apartment had been empty for a good few weeks before any attempt had been made to find her a roommate, and even then she hadn't exactly been notified when one had been selected beyond a short email scant of information.

Communication with the DDC had been the same, her handler had mentioned a partner had been selected, but beyond that? Nothing much. Even her parents didn't bother to call often, and when they did it always felt as if they would rather be doing anything else.

Hanta met Serp’s suspicion filled gazed with an unmoving stare of her own. She was not guilty of whatever it was Serp seemed to be implying and she did not care to show any guilt.

“No.” Hanta responded as she continued to watch the girl on the floor, “it is. No ploy. That. I am. Aware of.” With that she turned, stepped out of the door and returned to the front hall. She scooped up the bag and shirt that Serp had left abandoned before returning to the bedroom. She then dropped both, unceremoniously to the ground.
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:59 pm

"Oh."

Serp shifted, feeling slightly uncomfortable. She had little understanding of proper social customs, and seldom had the desire to uphold the ones she did know, but she was certain accusing your new roommate of conspiracy was at least a little rude. Regardless of if an overarching plot to make Serp responsible existed or not, she didn't want her next few months (or, god-fucking-forbid, years) ruined because this girl thought she was a neurotic nutcase.

Shit, she's walking away. Think of something.

That was offended behavior, right? She was offended. It would be easier if she didn't have the emotional expressiveness of a fucking half-eaten sausage. Serp opened her mouth, ready to choke out a disgustingly necessary apology, when her roommate returned with her bag and shirt. With an almost nonchalant lack of care, the girl dropped them on the ground. Something in the bag cracked.

"Fuck. Um, don't go near that. You might die," Serp said, hastily swallowing the apology and breathing a sigh of relief. She didn't need to disgrace herself with humility, not quite yet.

Slowly, the smaller girl knelt beside her satchel, carefully undoing the zipper and moving aside bundles of hellish "chic" clothes. At last, she found what she was looking for; a leather belt, holstering small glass vials in an array of loops. One was shattered. She was fairly certain she knew which one it was, but just to be safe, she dipped her finger into some of the lingering fluid and stuck the tip in her mouth. She cringed at the bitter tang.

"Okay, it's just the neurotoxin," she replied assuringly. "S'long as you don't eat clothes, you won't croak. And, um... if you're going to burn these, don't do it near houses or parks or any shit like that. Might end up on the terrorist watchlist."
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:58 am

There was a crunch as the bag hit the floor which brought a little frown to Hanta’s lips. It wasn't anything particularly disappointed or remorseful that she might have broken something, but more quizzical. What exactly could this crazy girl have in her pack that she had broken? Even Serp’s warning of danger didn't cause Hanta to move back and away, though she also didn't make any moves towards the bag. She simply watched as the other girl unzipped her bag and rummaged through the clothing until she finally pulled out some sort of belt with a variety of glass vials attached.

One was broken.

Oops.

Serp poked a finger into the vial, then sucked some of the remaining fluid off the tip of her finger. She cringed at the flavor. “Okay, it's just the neurotoxin, s'long as you don't eat clothes, you won't croak. And, um... if you're going to burn these, don't do it near houses or parks or any shit like that. Might end up on the terrorist watchlist."

Was she making that up? No, probably not, what would be the point. Hanta stared at the bag for a long moment before her steady gaze turned into Serp.

“Shouldn't. You be. Dead then?” Hanta asked. “And how. Would I. Burn. The clothes. Without dying?” She paused for a moment.

“Are you hungry.” She asked the smaller girl.
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:53 pm

"I'm not dead 'cause I'm not," Serp said simply, somewhat irked by the other girl's stoic reaction. "And... er... you're right. Don't burn them. Shitty idea, sorry."

She tossed the shattered vial back into the tote, rubbing her hand off on Hanta's -well, now Serp's- shirt. It would have been easy to guess what was in the vial without tasting it, of course, and she had a good idea what it had been the moment the lack-of-smell missed her nose. The lick could have been a source of additional verification, she supposed, but she knew it was really just a way for her to show off. Now she was left with a mildly numbed tongue and this obvious plethora of emotional investment.

"I guess I could eat," she continued in response to her new roommate's question. Food, for Serp, was a sparing product. Whether it was her small frame, her lack of physical exertion, or her off-whack metabolism, she rarely ate and rarely cared to eat. Despite this, she decided it was polite to accept the offer. She could always just pick at the plate a little, and throw the rest in the trash when Hanta wasn't looking. "Whatcha got?"

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 pm

Hanta gaze shifted to the duffle bag for a moment, as she momentarily wondered what the best way to dispose of it would be. Burning would be a bad idea, so would be throwing it in the trash or pouring it down a drain. Could always walk past the wall and toss it in the forest, now that she had her license she should be able to leave without too many questions at the gate. Could Serp small enough to fit in the duffle too? She could--

“I could eat, whatta got?” Serp asked, breaking Hanta’s line of thought. The taller girl nodded and stepped back out into the hall.

“Leftover Chinese.” Hanta called back as she walked to the kitchen. She came to a stop at the refrigerator, and waited a moment for Serp to join her before pulling the door open. On the first shell, all correctly aligned by brand and type were a series of drinks, from soda to bottled tea, and on the second shelf also in neat rows were several white takeout containers. On each one, written in a thin, almost machine precise script the contents of each container, as well as the date it was purchased was written.

“Take. What you. Want.” Hanta said.

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Disregarding the disgusting nature of food in general, it had to be greasy, fast-food garbage. Well, beggers couldn't be choosers, and her mother had said to set a good first impression. Not bothering to check which containers held what, Serp grabbed one at random. She ruffled through the drawers, eventually finding a fork, and proceeded to dig into the... Jesus fucking Christ, it felt like worms. Probably cold noodles, but the slimy, rubbery texture wasn't doing her imagination any favors.

"Oh, yea, this is fucking great," she said in an incredibly unconvincing deadpan. "Hey, fuck's that outside your window?"

Grasping onto the distraction, Serp tossed the container and its limp contents into the trash.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:04 pm

The campus forest didn't exactly look like a real forest. It was the trees, Aki always thought, there was a sort of uniform quality to them, like they had been planted in a semi-random grid to give the illusion of natural growth yet keep each tree a regular distance from its neighbors. The forest made up a decent portion of the school’s campus and served as the primary training and testing grounds for witches, magical girls especially. Aki bounced in place on the red clay sparring zone while Miss Kimura checked names off the attendance rolls. Aki loved when they got to use the forest, she could stretch out then and she couldn't stretch out often.

As the final name was called and checked Kimura tucked the tablet under her arm and her steely eyes scanned through the crowd. She smiled suddenly, and a hand slipped into a side pocket of jacket. “Today I have a special treat for you all, a scavenger hunt,” from her pocket a stack of neatly folded papers which she began to unfold, “I want you all to split up into groups of two and try to find as many items on this list as you can within the hour. Also, Akane!”

Akane’s head snapped forward as her back suddenly straightened, “yes!” She said.

“To make this sporting, you cannot use your secondary power.” Miss Kimura said. Akane nodded quickly.

“Ok!” She said with a toothy smile.

“Now, for this exercise no combat is allowed, but you may use any power you wish to help in your search. Once you have your partner, come to me and get a list then line up at the edge of the sparring zone near the forest and wait for my signal to start. I have a prize for whoever find everything first, or finds the most within the hour. Now find your partner. Their teacher finished.

Akane turned to look at the bulk of the class to see who she could partner with.

Why was half of the class looking back at her?

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:14 pm

For once, Leo decided to attend class. Basic Training had the annoying tendency of making her uncomfortable, what with all the wary eyes and cautious shifting, and she rarely had the opportunity to use her power in the activities. In fact, some days, Miss Kamura herself told her to stand aside, as she wasn't "conducive to a safe learning environment." But today, they were going into the forest. Forests were quiet. Forests were solitary. Like her favorite haunt of Sei Teien, places of deep nature always calmed her flighty nerves.

I want you all to split up into groups of two... Miss Kamura said. Leo's head perked up. That was the other reason she chose to attend, the main reason she was actually looking forward to today. Akane. Miss Kamura even took the time to call Aki out by name, as if she too knew who the most important part of this class was. Leo flushed with pride.

"Aki!" she called after a moment of hesitation. Though they had already made the resolution to be friends, Leo still had the dark inkling that with all these peers present, Aki would act differently. Sometimes people were nice in private, only in private, but when the public eye was upon them, they shed all of their previous kindness. But Akane wasn't like that... right?

"Aki!" she said again, running over to grab her friend's hand. A litany of gasps tore her attention back to the crowd. Everyone was watching, some with irritation, some with concern, some with terror. Leo suddenly felt incredibly uncomfortable. "I... am to be... am... partner, yes?"

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:50 pm

“I am… to be… am… partner, yes?” Leo asked as she took hold of Aki’s hand. A ripple of gasps went through the crowd, causing Aki to cock her head quizzically to one side. What was everyone gasping about? Was there something on her face? Still, after only a moment or two of wondering, Aki bounced in place and nodded vigorously to Leo. They were going to be partners!! It would be so much fun!

“Of course!” Aki beamed, her smile large and toothy, her eyes bright with anticipation. She couldn't wait for the hunt to start. “This will be so much fun! We can walk around the forest and take in the sights, and find things! Doesn't that sound like fun? I've never gotten to just explore the forest before!” She made motions like she was about to continue talking, but instead the instructor cleared her throat. Aki’s attention quickly turned back forward.

“So, Akane and Lenonora will be the first group.” Miss Kamura said, jotting a note down. She then took one of the papers off the stack and held it out. Aki, with Leo in tow, bounded over to their teacher and took the paper from her. She scanned the page with an uncontained buzzing excitement. A scavenger hunt all day for class, and she had Leo as a partner! Could today be any better?

“We will start once every has a partner. Do not transform or leave until everyone is ready. Now, who's next?”

Behind her, there was a great shuffling as everyone found a partner.

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:49 am

"I like forest," Leo vehemently asserted, "and you like too."

It wasn't her favorite stretch of trees, but it was a forest, and forests were nice.

And forests with Aki are even nicer.

"What to be finding, Aki?" she asked, almost sounding excited. No, no almost about it, she was excited. She was actually excited to do the assignment. She actually wanted to win. If they won, to her mind, the entire class would see how wonderful a thing Leo and Aki were. They might even start acting nice!

"We are to be winning. Everyone like if we win," she told Akane, nodding sagely.