[RP][Annasiel] Doki-Doki Channel!

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

UmbraSight

Re: [RP][Annasiel] Doki-Doki Channel!

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:43 pm

A new friend! Akane beamed, a broad toothy almost goofy grin as the other girl agreed. They could share food, and tell stories, and have all sorts of fun! Leonora once more moved in for a hug, but this time Akane was ready! She squeezed back as the other girl drew her into the hug. She could tell her mother all about her new friend tonight! Oh! Maybe she could bring some cookies to share tomorrow as well!

“We’re going to have so much fun!” Akane said brightly, “I guess I'll see you again tomorrow for lunch!”
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:03 pm

It was a long night for Leonora. She was too excited to sleep, too expectant to do anything but wait. All she could bring herself to do was stare outside the window of her dorm, yearning for the first golden rays of sun to drape themselves crossed the academy grounds. When the darkness outside at last began to brighten, she sighed contentedly, rising from her perch to prepare for the day.

What to wear?

She had many nice clothes. Nothing in life intrigued her much anymore, so she had little else to spend her scant allowance on. She thumbed through the closet filled with skirts and dresses, standards set uncharacteristically high, intent on setting a good first... well, second... impression on her new friend. At last, she picked out a blue summer dress with frills around the hem, setting it down on her bed as she prepared for the very exciting day.

Once she was ready and dressed, her hair still damp from showering, she raced from her room with more excitement than she had ever shown. She was almost to the dining hall when she realized Aki most likely wouldn't be in there. After all, it was hours away from lunchtime, and her newfound friend was probably just beginning her daily classes. She had waited all night. She could certainly bear to wait a few more hours. Despite her flaws, no one would ever accuse her of being impatient. Thinking about what she might say and do with Akane when she did come, Leo sat at her favorite table with a distant smile on her face and waited.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:07 am

Akane was positively bouncing as she entered the lunchroom with her tray. She would get to eat with her new friend today! And with the help of her mother and grandmother she had a special weapon with her today along with the promised pudding! A special weapon they had helped her bake up. Akane was quite proud of her work, and hoped Leonora would like them as well.

She slid quickly between the tables, weaving her way through the people who had had classes closer to the lunchroom and had the luxury of getting their food early and sitting down fast. But finding a seat was no problem today, because Akane had a new friend!

It wasn't long before her journey brought her to the table from yesterday. Still empty, except for a single girl sitting next to the window. Akane bounced over to the seat across from Leonora and placed her tray down.

“Hi Leo! Oh, can I call you Leo? It's just that Leonora is a long name and Leo is fast and easy to say, and I think it's kind of cute! Not like a cute cute but like a pretty cute! Oh I mean um, pretty and cute! Oh that's a really pretty dress too! I wish I could wear a pretty dress like that! But I had track today so I had to wear a t-shirt and shorts. Oh I guess I could have brought some from home and changed? Oh but that still a really pretty dress!” Akane said as she slipped into her chair. “Oh! Oh! Oh! I got your pudding and also!”

Akane leaned to one side, opened up her satchel and dug through. After a second Akane came back up with a square plastic container and pulled open the lid. Inside where cookies of all kinds of different shapes and sizes. “Tada! I baked them last night with the help of my mom and grandma! Try it! Try it!”
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:55 pm

No more than five seconds after Akane had approached, and already the girl was prattling off with the loquacity of a caffeinated jackrabbit. To Leo's surprise, or perhaps more of surprise at her lack of surprise, she didn't mind at all. The words washed over in an unexpectedly calming flood, and she picked up on enough of the key points to understand what was being said.

"I Leo," she replied uncertainly at mention of the nickname, "you Aki." Nervously, she smiled. Leo had no qualms over being called Leo. That had been her nickname since childhood, after all. But what if Akane didn't like the reply? Nicknames were certainly one of these 'social pleasantries' to be exchanged, and if Akane refused the exchange, would that make the social discourse immediately unpleasant? The fine implications of conversation were a maze Leo had no hope of ever uncovering, and one of the many reasons she preferrably sought company in dusty old books over friendly faces.

Regardless of the outcome, the slender girl smiled at the compliment to her dress, taking a moment to preen at the laces. Pointless as clothes may be, they did have a prettiness to them that speech had difficulty comparing to. If everyone talked in clothes and books, the world would most certainly be a much more pleasant place to live in.

"You may borrow, sometime, if liking." Akane was shorter, but Leo supposed some of her outfits would fit. "What is... oh!"

Cookies! She hadn't had cookies in years. Curiously, Leo picked up one of the treats, gracing its edge with an uncertain nibble. Her eyes lit up, and the confection instantly vanished into her mouth with not a crumb to spare.

"d'lishus!" she mumbled around bits of cookie, smile wide enough to warm oft-languid eyes.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:17 pm

“I Leo, you Aki.” The other girl said. With an excitable grin Akane bounced in her seat. A nickname! She loved nicknames! Aki was a nice nickname, no one ever called her Aki before! It sounded like a really nice name, Leo was really good at nicknames! What's more than that Leo had said she could borrow a dress sometime, and she had liked the cookies! She had never gotten a compliment from someone who wasn't family before for her cooking, and the mere thought of it made Aki wriggle in her seat ready to burst for joy.

“I'm so happy you liked the cookies! I baked them myself! I mean well I got help from my mom and grandma because they are really good at baking but I mixed the batter and put them on to bake.” Akane leaned across the table and pulled a slightly misshapen sugar cookie out of the bag. “Sorry no chocolate! I wanted to eat some too, and I'm allergic to chocolate so I didn't make any. Oh! Because tomorrow is a half day, want to get together after school is done? Oh! Oh! Can I try on some of your dresses? If you don't mind!”

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:06 am

"That is okay," Leo replied, licking the tips of her fingers and eying the bag of treats hungrily. "Chocolate is of no meaning, and sweet is sweet with and without. Life is life with or without sweet, too, yes, yes, but..."

Nodding emphatically, Leo seemed to make up her mind, and another cookie was in her mouth before a hummingbird could have flapped its wings.

"Ish much shwee'er wish shweets!" She swallowed and beamed radiantly. "Tomorrow is good time, too. All time good time. Not of doing many things, and happy to be spending all of time with Aki!"

Leo tilted her head to the side, as if waiting for a reaction. "You okay spending all time? I can spend time by self. I am of doing it for many year."

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:45 am

“All day, the two of us?” Aki asked, as she plucked a snickerdoodle out of the bag and broke the cookie in half. She nibbled on the edge for a moment, as her brow ruffled. “Well, I guess it won't be all day… not that I wouldn't like to spend all day! But we have school for half a day, so we can still be together for the remainder of the day!” The half of the cookie she had been nibbling on vanished into her maw, and she munched happily. After a moment Akane popped up in her seat with a sparkle in her eye.

“Oh! What about Sunday? We have a free day on Sunday so if you want we can meet up and do something!” Akane said happily. Much like the first half, the second also vanished into her mouth. “Ifs you would likes too!” Akane swallowed and bounced excitedly in her chair.

“If you don't have plans already that is!”

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:09 am

"Ah. School," Leo replied absently, as if she forgot such a thing existed at all. This was, of course, exactly what had happened; She was already picturing a full day of fun with her newfound Aki, doing... whatever it was exactly that friends did together. Sitting by the river? Certainly eating more cookies, and there were quite a few dresses to try on. Leo supposed she could make Aki wear ALL of her dresses just to fill some of the necessary 'friendship quality time' that was purportedly essential to any proper correspondence, equal parts bane and exhileration to the quality deprived girl.

"Ah!" she said again, when Aki mentioned Sunday. "Sunday!" This 'Ah' was not an absent, disappointed dismissal like the first, but an interjection of jubilation at the thought of not a half day, but one and a half days of full on Aki fun. And yet again, her joy at the thought was eroded by the pressing weight of filling up the Friendship Quality Time Quota. Leo fidgeted for a moment, her fingers tapping nervously on the table, her mind caught between trying to solve this dilemma on her own or asking Akane for assistance. At last, the lots fell in favor of the latter. After all, friends were supposed to help friends.

Or, at least, Leo thought.

"What..." Was this an embarrassing question? Leo didn't think it was, but there were a great many things Leo didn't think that were necessary to be thought, just like there were an equally great many things she thought that she would be better of unthinking. Regardless of what she thought she thunk to be unthinking, the thought of unthinking about thunking was unthinkable. Shaking her head, Leo thunked... er, thought away the unnecessarily confusing train of contemplation. Aki was looking at her. She needed to say something! Ask the question? Take the risk! Leo bet Aki liked risks. She seemed the sort, with her fast thought and tasty cookies.

"What," Leo repeated, "are friends to be... of doing?" She paused, enough to stretch the silence, but not enough to be interrupted. "If wanting to eat cookie and wear many dress for all time, is fine! Just... that is seeming... like little? Must be of quality to make good friendship, yes."

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:38 am

“What…” Leo said,with an obvious confliction crumpling her brow. Akane, oblivious to the actual movement, cocked her head to one side quizzically. Was something the matter? Did she not want to spend Sunday together? Was there some other problem? Akane wriggled in her chair, a bundle of anticipatory energy while she waited for Leo to speak. Like a spring wound taught, full of potential energy just waiting to be released. Leo looked back at her and seemed to gain a boost of confidence.

“What…” the other girl repeated, “what are friends to be of doing?”

Akane cocked her head to the other side quizzically. What do friends do? It seemed like an odd question at first but… what do friends do? Akane’s brow ruffled for a moment before her features lightened and a broad smile crossed her lips.

“Friends do lots of things!” Akane said, “like they share food and stuff that they like so their friend can experience it too, and they can share secrets too! Stuff they don't want anyone else to know! Oh and they can play games together! And go on walks! Or visit cafes! And talk about things they like, or! They can also just enjoy spending time together without talking much! And, and! If you even need help with anything you can ask your friend and they can try to help you!!” Akane bounced in her chair as she delivered the verbal tidal wave.

“Like I baked cookies for you because I thought we could share them and both have fun and enjoy them!”

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:40 am

By the grace of bountiful cheer, Akane had taken Leo's awkward question in stride. She realized she was holding her breath, and exhaled in relief, letting tense hands fall down to either side. Friends do lots of things, she said. Aki certainly named lots of things, and with the energy she still held, she seemed perfectly capable of naming more. Maybe this friendship thing wasn't so hard after all.

Or maybe Aki was just the sort of friend Leo needed. Consoled, the cautious girl still picked her words with all the ease of an epileptic playing Operation.

"We can do sharing of food and secret," she replied, "and play game, and go on walk, and... and..." A slight frown. "And that other thing you made speak of. Or we can not make speak. We can also make asking of each other for help." With every listed item, she lifted a finger, pressing her other hand's pointer to its tip. "That is... many things to do."

Was it enough to fill an entire weekend? It seemed like a lot now, but things that seemed a lot had a habit of being less than they first appeared. Well, she could always ask Aki for more ideas if and when the time came.

"I did enjoy cookie," she added on, in case Akane felt she wasn't being grateful for not acknowledging the sharing of treats. "Can you show me... to make?"