[RP][Annasiel] Doki-Doki Channel!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

[RP][Annasiel] Doki-Doki Channel!

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:32 am

Akane visually perked up as the cake was pushed in her direction. Her blue eyes, practically shimmering, followed the plate as it made its way across the table driven only by the pressure exerted by a single hand. When it finally came to a stop on her side of the table, Akane could smell the sweet fragrance of candied strawberries, whipped vanilla icing, and rich yellow sponge cake curling away from the lovingly crafted confection, and with that smell came a whispering invitation to partake. Akane’s eyes flicked up towards the other girl. A questioning glance, ‘might I have a bite please?’

“Akane. Leonora. Take cake. Go.” The dower looking girl said with a tight nod and dismissive flick of her wrist. Akane’s lips parted, her lips turning upwards into a large almost silly grin. The other girl was saying that she could have the cake!

“Really? I can? Wow, thank you so much Leo! That's really, really, really nice of you, don't worry I'll get repay you on Monday! They have this really tasty pudding on Monday that I always wanted to try but it has a chocolate topping on it and this like this chocolate crust so I never get to try it but I think you might like it so I can get you that pudding to make up for this cake.” Akane picked up her fork as another torrent of words flowed through the air. She slid the fork through the tip of the cake and lifted it to her lips. She pushed the cake between her lips, and chewed slowly, enjoying the cake. A sweet strawberry with a mellow vanilla and moist sounge. Perfect, wonderful. Akane released a long satisfied sigh. “Oh, on Saturday I have magic class but it's really close to the lunchroom and our teacher lets us out a few minutes early, so if there's anything you want I can get it for you tomorrow!”

She smiled, bright and happy, with all the energy of a dog whose leash had been released in the middle of a grassy field. “I really like magic class though, it's fun to transform and really fun to have room to stretch out with my hyper, because I don't have room in my dorm and even if I'm only doing my normal power I get hair everywhere and it's really hard to clean up so I only get to really use my magic in class.” She took another bite of cake. “So do you want me to get you something tomorrow? Oh do you usually sit at this table?” She asked, spearing a candied strawberry with her fork.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: [RP][Annasiel] Doki-Doki Channel!

Post by Annasiel » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Leo blinked. This girl was speaking so quickly, she was having difficulty keeping up. Something about pudding, and magic class, and meeting again? Her head spun with all the unnecessary and undesirable information, and a gentle headache danced behind her brow. She frowned, closing her eyes, and hit a fist on the table hard enough to make a bang.

"I... do not want. No. Go away now, please. Yes," she said, before adding "better for both," with a lower mutter.

She turned her head down and opened a used Physics textbook, hoping the excitable nuisance would take a cue and disappear.
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~
"To bear the brunt of blizzard's kiss and snare the wind to fingertips."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:23 pm

Akane froze up as the other girl slammed her fist down upon the tabletop. Her blue eyes flicked quickly between her fork with a mouthful of cake balanced upon the tangs, the girl sitting across from her, the physics textbook, and then out at the remainder of the the lunchroom. Her brow furrowed as she replayed the conversation in her head. At first she couldn't think of anything which could have angered the other girl so. Then, it struck her like a misaligned puzzle piece finally clicking into place.

The pudding!

“I'm sorry! That was very rude of me I didn't even ask you if you liked pudding! If you don't like pudding that much I'll stop talking about it and I'll bring you some other food! I just thought because the cake might be hard to get that I could get you pudding instead because lots of people like pudding, that I could get you that to pay for the cake! I didn't mean to make you angry, I'm sorry!” Akane said, rapid fire.

“Oh! Physics! Are you any good at physics? I always find it a hard subject to follow, the math is really really hard.” She said, her excited bounce returning.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:38 pm

"HA!"

Leo covered her mouth as soon as she laughed, cutting it off abruptly. She didn't mean to laugh. Bothering her when she was reading wasn't funny, no-siree, not at all. That's what her mind thought, but instinct shattered her self-proclaimed certainties like china in a wood-chipper. This Akane girl was amusing. Irksome, yes, cumbersome, for sure, but something about her lively enthusiasm almost brought a smile to Leo's lips.

"...alright," she begrudgingly said, still half wanting to continue her blunt dismissal. "Pudding is liked. Not bad, no harms." She slowly nodded her head, trying to convey complacency as best she could. "No more angers." Before her, complex theorems on the dynamics of rigid bodies swam across the musty pages. Maybe at another time, in another place, she'd be able to read this.

"I am liking many things, many books," Leonora replied, easing the worn cover shut. "Not reading for maths. Reading for stories, intrigue, conflicts. Fun things, songs and tales, behind things. Only must be looking." She was almost surprised. This was as much as she had talked in the past year. The topic made it easier, something she held intrigue for, but many turned away in boredom or confusion when she tried to talk about topics that where actually interesting. This Akane seemed to be hanging on to every word. "Everything has story, sings song, shows sign. There is behind of all behinds, hidden. Just must be looking."
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:13 pm

She laughed! It was a short laugh, more like a quick guffaw than an honest to goodness laugh, but Akane was practically bobbing in her seat. Leo had laughed and now she was talking! Talking about books that she liked, maybe she could get her to talk more! Then they could become friends and then one day they could read books together while eating cake and pudding! That would be fun, wouldn't it? Yes, she could get Leo pudding tomorrow and they could talk more about books then too!

She scooted forward onto the very edge of her chair as Leonora spoke, and it wasn't long until she found her fork searching an empty plate for one more morsel of cake. All devoured while she had been enraptured by the other girl talking. She felt no remorse for the bites of her sugary confection she had taken without knowing, just happy that the quiet girl she had angered with talk of pudding was still willing to speak to her.

“I like books too!” Akane interjected when the other girl seemed to finish speaking. “Well, I mean I don't do so good with big books like that one but I really like to read manga! And I like short stories too!” She bounced in her seat. “Maybe we could exchange books sometime! Ooh! Maybe read the same book together!” She bounced again, her knee striking the bottom of the table. Her cup rocked, the contents sloshing menacingly at the book as it threatened to turn over.

“Woop!” Akane gasped as her hand instinctively darted out to catch the tumbling cup.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:54 am

"That..." Leo had never read manga before, and the few stories she enjoyed most certainly weren't short, but she was already far outside of her presupposed bounds of comfort. Anyway, Akane's excitement was incredibly contagious, and Leo found herself inexplicably enjoying company. "That would be a good thing, yes."

If she had told herself a week ago that social interaction would not just be tolerable, but actually exciting, she would have been unnerved at her future self's gall. She would have been equally unnerved at her future self's dismissal of relativistic limitations based on contemporary notions of spacetime physics, but that was overshadowed by the enormity of what it had come to bear. Science came to change with new discoveries, but Leo, Leo was eternal! The sound of teetering plastic tore the girl from her contemplation. Her hand instinctively shot out to protect her book, and it collided with the other girl's. All thoughts of her book left her mind in an instant.

"I am sorry!" Leo shouted, knocking over her chair in her attempts to pull away. She stumbled to her feet, skirting around the table to reach Akane, hands wringing anxiously behind her back. "I can take to nurse, so sorry!" They had only touched for a moment, but from her experience, that was enough to hurt. She had finally found someone she didn't dislike, and now they were going to be afraid of her. She wanted to cry in frustration.
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:05 pm

“I'm sorry!” Leonora shouted, standing up so quickly that it sent her chair to the ground with a loud clamor. The other girl scrambled up to her feet and fluttered around the table. She stood a few feet away, fidgeting with her arms behind her back. Akane, confused, retracted her hand from the cup as she turned to face the other girl. Leo looked worried, concerned, and Akane could only find her brow scrunching in confusion. "I can take to nurse, so sorry!" Leo said quickly. Akane felt her confusion worsen.

“Huh? The nurse?” Akane said, holding her hand up, “did I feel cold? Do I look sick? I don't feel sick! Or, what does a fever feel like? Do I look feverish?” Akane pushed the back of her hand against her forehead. She didn't feel any warmer than normal. Actually, what did she normally feel like? She didn't normally check her own temperature. Her head felt warmer than her wrist, was that bad?

“Do you think I need to see the nurse? Do I look sick? I haven't been to the nurse’s office since that one time I scuffed my knee during track, and that only stung a little and I don't feel bad now, but I'll go if you think I need to!” Akane bounced up onto her feet, her smile back. “Oh! Don't forget to grab your book! Don't want to leave that behind!”

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:15 pm

Leo was stunned. She was certain her bare hand had brushed the other girl's, certain no amount of reflex would prevent such a touch from being painful. And yet, Akane stood flustered but healthy before her, absolutely bewildered as to why she'd need a nurse. Leo blinked once, blinked again, trying to collect her thoughts into some tangible, expressible statement.

"You are unhurting..." she mumbled, her tone one of reverence and awe. Cautiously, she took a step towards her new acquaintance, reaching a hand out to touch her arm. It felt like she remembered, warm and soft. Fingers shaking, Leo raised her hand to Akane's face, gently pressing on her cheek. Her heart was pounding so hard it seemed to ache inside her chest, and her mouth felt drier than plaster.

"You are unhurting!" the girl repeated with more exuberance, her other hand joining in the touching, poking, and brushing. With a sharp gasp, she wrapped her arms around the other witch, drawing her body up into a tight, vice-like squeeze. She could only stammer out half-formed words her joy was so great, and a hot, wet line traced a waving path down her smile-lined cheek. After a few moments, Leo seemed to realize what she was doing, and quickly released the girl while hastily backpedaling.

"Not what I am meaning," she prattled quickly, "much apology for intrusion, only just... so happiness! But apology."
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon May 08, 2017 10:10 pm

“You are unhurting…” Leo said, her low voice holding a measure of unrepressed awe. The other girl took a tentative step forward, reached out and poked Akane’s arm. Her finger was cool and thin, a light hesitant touch. She reached up and gingerly brushed against Akane’s cheek like she were dealing with something fragile. “You are unhurting!” The girl said again, this time her tone was excited. For several seconds she continued to poke and prod Akane’s cheeks before Akane suddenly found herself pulled into tight hug. After a few seconds Leo released her from the embrace and stepped back dabbing her eyes.

“Not what I am meaning," she prattled quickly, "much apology for intrusion, only just... so happiness! But apology."

Akane’s head tilted to one side, her brow furrowed for a moment in confusion, her lips momentarily downturned. Then, like the proverbial switch had been flicked, a broad toothy smile split her lips and she bounced in place. She didn't know what Leo meant by ‘unhurting’ but the hug meant that the other girl liked her, right? They could be friends, right? Right! “Do you like hugs too? I like hugs! Does this mean we are friends? I really want to be friends with you! Oh! Oh! Can we eat again together tomorrow? That would be fun, wouldn't it? And I can bring some pudding! Oh! Maybe we could both get two different foods and share them too? I mean you don't have to if you don't want to because we just met, but it seems like a way we could try different things out we usually wouldn't get!”

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:11 pm

"Yes!"

She had never wanted a friend before. Well, not consciously. She had stared at chatting groups before with some degree of longing, but she did little to dwell on the thought, believing herself apart from all others. Fated to be apart. Destined to be alone. But this ball of life beaming up at her changed everything.

"Yes, yes, yes, I will, I am, I do, I be! Be... be my friend. Friends," she replied once she could get a word in through Akane's excited deluge. "Tomorrow, we pick different. Then share, tomorrow, day after, then after..."

Her voice trailing off, Leo threw her arms around the girl once more, squeezing her in a hug slightly less intense as the prior, but still tight. She had a friend, and she was never going to let her go. Never.
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~