[One][Someguy] Doki-Doki Channel!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: [One][Someguy] Doki-Doki Channel!

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:59 am

“Well it is wonderful to finally meet you, I know the girls have been excited all week to have someone new join us. Ayane especially.” The teacher said, all smiles as the class gave their greetings to Takami following her introduction. “You know, this gives me an idea, I’m sure we’re all curious to see what Mikawa-San’s powers are so how about you and Ayane go first today?”

“Oh? We’re first?” Ayane asked, scratching her cheek.

“Of course, and it will definitely help pump everyone up too! Then Mikawa-San can see everyone at their best.” Their instructor said brightly as she wrote something down on a clipboard. “Ayane, if you would be a dear, five Grimm in the west side? In the gray house. That should be good for a warm up.”

Ayane nodded slowly, seeming to pull a paintbrush out of the air as she started to walk off. The instructor turned to look at Takami, still smiling.

“Did you have many combat classes in your old school?” She asked, pausing a moment as she waited for Takami to respond. “Well, you’ll find this to be a little different, we’ll be running a combat scanero within the city, in this one we will be clearing out a house with an infestation of Grimm. Do you have any questions you would like answered now? If not, transform and I’ll lead you to the house.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:12 am

"Yes, I did! It's nowhere as elaborate as this, though..."

Takami's heart was nearly beating out of her chest. This would be the first time she fought this many at once. She bit her lip.

"No, I don't have any questions, thanks."

She closed her eyes and reached for her magic. It resounded in her mind, and she pulled it into being. A spray of ribbons, string and cloth blew into a whirlwind around her, weaving into each other and coming together to form her black dress in a matter of seconds. She fixed her headdress for a bit. "I'm ready, teacher."

She couldn't hide her curiosity as she followed the teacher, though she tried to play it off as being smart and observant. The stage was set. The starting act? Takami Mikawa.
Snowskeeper wrote:"I rip off my head and slam-dunk it into the nearest trashcan

Good morning"
- May 2017

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:27 pm

“Okay, great!” The instructor said before motioning for everyone to follow her. She lead the group down a road into a faux residential area with several different houses, from a worn down decrepit one story house on one end to a mansion with a well manicured lawn on the other. The house that they stopped outside of was a two story affair with a brick wall that was tall brought to be just above the heads of most of the girls present.

Ayane, already in her uniform, poked her head out of the gate at the group approached.

“Today we shall be doing combat scenarios, our first shall be this, you have received a call that a group of five Grimm have been spotted in a residential area. The drones have caught sight of them attacking this house. Shimizu-san and Mikawa-san, you two are the first to arrive on the scene. Work together to defeat the five Grimm and clear the house. Both of you please enter the yard, and begin on my mark.”

With a yawn Ayane nodded and drew her paintbrush from behind her ear. She waited for Takami to join her before smiling. “Ready?” She asked.

“Mark!” The instructor called.

One of the large bushes on the right side of the house shivered, and two golden orbs seemed to glow between the leaves.

“Oh, uh, I guess we found the first one.” Ayane said, raising her paintbrush.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:00 am

"Mark!"

The instructor's voice was loud and clear, and Takami's mind snapped back to the present. Ayane still looked tired as she pointed out their first target: something in the bushes moved, and two yellow eyes shone out at them.

She pulled her arm back. "Yes, I'm ready."

Without missing a beat, Takami stepped forward and her hand went out, prompting a roll of silk to follow. There was a sound like wind blowing as the glowing cloth manifested, as if being pulled from an invisible loom. With a twist of her arm, the cloth moved to coil around the something in the bushes, careful to do as little damage to its cover as possible. She held out a hand beside her, ready to react in case the Grimm got free. And, a little embarrassingly, to protect Ayane, too. She wasn't completely sure how Ayane would protect herself if she had to.

She called out to her partner. "Careful!"

Good morning"
- May 2017

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Oh, snaggletooh had remained outside, that was a shame, she had liked how it had turned out. They had been created to be destroyed anyway, so Ayane supposed It wasn’t too great a loss.

With a rush of air, and the smooth whisper of silk brushing against silk, Takami moved her arm and a bolt of cloth followed from the motion slipping into the bush. The Grimm thrashed, the decorative shrubbery shivered, and a snarl filled the air, high and cracked, like if the vocal cords of a cheetah had been mixed with a bunch of rocks and tossed in a blinder. A slender arm swiped out of the bush, curved nails barely missing the ribbon as they instead scythed across the earth, parting dirt and grass with ease.

Ayane’s loose stance tightened, she took a step towards the arm Takami held out, her left foot leading. The loose grip on the paintbrush became more like how a fencer might hold her foil.

“Try to catch its legs and drag it out of the bush, if I can touch it I can finish it off.” Her tone still soft and easy, as if this were all just perfectly normal.

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:13 am

The faux-Grimm thrashed in Takami's grip, tearing out a chunk of the ground as it did so. This wasn't that hard, maybe only a bit more than she faced in Nagoya. Plus, she had backup-- uh, a partner, so it'd be even easier. Ayane had stepped forward a bit, and told her to pull the Grimm close to finish it off. The younger Witch, for her part, obliged. Pulling her arm close to her chest, Takami dragged the beast out from the bush. Careful to keep a few ribbons handy for if the ones holding it in place were cut, she directed a few more to pin its claws to the ground. Giving her partner a nod, she watched curiously as Ayane made her next move.

Good morning"
- May 2017

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:37 am

The Grimm clawed wildly at the ground as it was pulled out of the shrubbery. Ayane continued forward, her stance still ready but her pace relaxed, and the Grimm stilled as she drew close. It snarled low, dull-golden eyes focusing on the closer threat as the cloth tightened around its body. Ayane paused outside of what seemed to be the Grimm’s range, with a foot or two added to remain on the side of caution, and stifled a yawn with her off hand. Perhaps she should have set her alarm yesterday.

“Are you ready? Watch its arms.” Ayane said, without looking back over her shoulder. She waited a moment for Takami to respond to the question before nodding slowly. With a sudden burst of energy, Ayane darted forward, the faux-Grimm attempted to bring an arm up, but the silk snagged it, claws tearing into the cloth. Before it had a chance to free its arm, Ayane thrust her paintbrush, bristles first, into the Grimm’s head. The Grimm shuttered, before its body burst into a dark black liquid which was drawn up into her paintbrush like a sponge placed in water.

With another yawn Ayane stepped back, flicking excess black paint off the bristles of her brush. She looked back at Takami and offered her a smile.

“Good job. Want to go through the front door or take a shortcut?”

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:07 am

Ayane stifled a yawn and walked ahead, prompting the Grimm to thrash and swipe even more at the pair. The painter only touched her paintbrush to it before it shook for a little bit, then popped. The Grimm just popped into an inky black pool that she was pulling into her brush. Now, that was a useful skill. She turned back to Takami with a smile.

"Good job. Want to go through the front door or take a shortcut?”

"Shortcut?" Takami tilted her head quizzically, before realizing what she meant. "Ah, I understand! I'll be counting on you, then." Leading the way, she made her way to the side of the house, sparing her surroundings a cautious glance. After turning back to face Ayane, she tapped the wall with a nail. "Is this good?"

Good morning"
- May 2017

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:17 pm

“Yeah, this spot will work.” Ayane said as she came to a stop next to Takami. She looked this way and that along the brick wall before nodding to herself and sliding past her partner. She drew up her paintbrush, pressed it to the bricks, and paused with a faint frown on her lips. She looked back over her shoulder to her partner. “Hey, Takami, can you look over that way for a few seconds?” She asked with a lazy flick of her index finger.

She turned back to the wall, and with an easy movement of her wrist she drew a large circle around it with black paint. She filled it in, before spending a few seconds giving it some depth, and another few adding some steps just below it. She brushed off her hands as she stepped back from the wall. It was good enough.

“You can look back now.” Ayane said, “I think you should also lead the way in, so you can catch any Grimm that might be around. Like we did with the one in the shrubs.”

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:32 am

When she turned back to look, a hole had appeared behind Takami. She nodded at Ayane and started to clamber through the new window.

Landing with barely a sound, she took stock of her surroundings. A kitchen, done in bright decor and with a homely atmosphere. There were quite a few hiding spots here. Strips of cloth began to extend out from behind Takami to protect her as she moved to drag a hand over the only doorway. Twiddling her fingers, she blocked it off with a web of silk strings.

She turned toward the bulk of the kitchen and threw out her hands, laying the ribbons behind her out across the room to search for any Grimm.

Good morning"
- May 2017