[1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

ariagrey

Re: [1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

Post by ariagrey » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:06 pm

Lua spun on him, annoyance on her face. "That was mine! Tch! What's it matter if I drink?" She folded her arms over her chest. "I thought that was the whole point!" She was getting tired of people telling her what to do. "What happened to: I'll be back for that and everything else." The angel dropped her voice in a terrible attempt to mimic him. Even she began to giggle at her failed attempt. "Just hand it back." She held her hand out to him, palm up, for the glass. "You don't have to stay. But it would be rude to make me eat all this food coming by myself."

She waited, but the hunter wasn't budging. Lua groaned, exasperated. She walked over and flopped on the couch. Not noticing or maybe not caring that her dress had come up to mid thigh as she slouched. "I'm fine!" Maybe she was getting a little drunk, but so what? The last several days had been a stressful rollercoaster to say the least. Something she had thought to be simple was becoming more complicated by the day. Hell, she had her first kiss with a man out for revenge on the angels. A knock came to the door. Taking one last scowl at the hunter she stood to get it. "You know i'm going to have more if I want." She mumbled as she walked by. She dealt with the delivery boy quickly and gave him his tip before closing the door. Turning back towards Seth and the breakfast bar, she was grinning as she sniffed the food. Lua put down the food and reached for the bottle of champagne.
Last edited by ariagrey on Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:50 pm

“No, you’re not fine.” Seth rolled his eyes then averted his gaze swiftly as she threw her mini tantrum. Shielding his eyes with his hand, he strengthened his will not to rake his eyes over her body. As he cleared his throat, a hiccup barged its way through. His vision was a little fuzzy, and the tips of his fingers vibrated. This is the devil’s work. I don’t know whether she’s better off sober or wasted. Hell, I think I drank too fast. His face burned, and he wondered if the AC was even on anymore. He was tipsy, and the floor seemed to move under him. He saw the delivery boy briefly before he was staring at Lua. His reactions were unaffected; his senses intact despite being under the influence. Suppressing another hiccup, he was quick to take the bottle and hold it high in the air. He held her arm in his other hand. His eyes turned a darker shade of blue. He didn’t miss how her skin seemed to burn against his and how he could be roughing up her soft flesh with his calluses.

“Nuh-uh, stop hic- You’ve had enough to drink.”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:05 pm

"Seth." Lua's tone was serious. "Give me the bottle." She reached up on her toes, but to no avail. His hand on her arm made her heart quicken, but she tried to ignore it. "So you're all talk then, huh? Talk of strip teases, stolen kisses and drinking, but whe-" she muffled a small burp with her free hand. "When it comes down to the drinking you quit?" The angel eyed him for a long time, at least it felt like a long time. "Figures." She could feel herself becoming more confrontational with him, but couldn't help it. Eventually she tore her arm away mumbling complaints and profanities under her breath while unwrapping the food.

She quickly walked through the kitchen grabbing two plates and two forks, setting them down on the bar. "Spicy Thai steak with peppers, non-spicy almond chicken, and the works fried rice." She pointed to each dish while explaining and then grabbed herself a small serving of each. The angel didn't bother to sit down, simply leaning on the counter with her elbows and eating quietly.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:24 am

Figures. Lua was testing him, and she probably wasn’t. Stolen kisses? When he thought he was helping the both of them, he couldn’t help but feel challenged. Through gritted teeth, he sat and served himself sizable portions of each entree. Twirling the fork between his fingers, Seth watched the angel across the counter. “You’re not going to sit?” His brow raised, and he ate a piece of chicken. If she wanted to play with him, he’d play. “Okay.” Then he poured the rest of the champagne into one glass. He placed the full glass front and center and pulled around a stool to the end of the bar and tapped the seat encouragingly. “I’ll let you do whatever you want. You wanna drink, then drink.”
Last edited by xBlackxAcex on Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:15 am

The angel watched as he poured the sparkling liquid into a glass, filling it almost to the brim. What's he playing at? Lua's fork paused in her mouth, suspicious of his hidden agenda. She swallowed a bite of rice. Her edges were still taking on that hazy quality, so it wasn't as though she needed to drink. It was more on principle. She wouldn't have him bossing her around. "Fine." She took a bite of a bell pepper, cautiously moving over to the end of the breakfast bar with her food. Her eyes flickered from the champagne, to the seat, then to his face before she finally sat.

The angel waited a moment searching his eyes for a tell, finding nothing. The spice was working it's way through her system and mixed with the alcohol her cheeks were permanently stained a rosey color. She pulled a hair tie off her wrist and quickly tossed her waves into a messy bun, tucking what stray strands she could find behind her ears before he could. It was a simple act Seth continued fo repeat since they met, but it always manage to send chills down to the small of her back. Such a small gesture with a large reaction.

Her hand slowly reached out to the glass, waiting to see if he'd grab her hand or try to stop her in any way. She reached it, brought it to her lips and drank, the warmth traveling down her throat. The AC unit whirred to life and she silently thanked the cool air circulating through the small apartment, an apartment that only seemed smaller while Seth was around. Lua took another sip of champagne and began to wonder if maybe she should stop after all, a tingle spreading over her body. And yet she was too proud to give up what she fought for. Pace yourself. It'll be fine.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:18 am

You got time. Take as long as you want. For a few minutes, Seth picked at his food, hissing through his teeth when the spice overwhelmed his tongue. But he didn’t go to the champagne and shoveled in some rice to soothe the burn. The AC air brushed his neck, slowing the heat from taking over his body. It did sober him some though. Sitting in one place helped. The world didn’t feel like it was going to crash down on him.

The hunter’s eyes casted sideways, and he smirked at the angel’s updo. Building defenses, I see. He’d wait for a hair to come loose; he had other tricks up his sleeve. He tidied his plate and ate more of the almond chicken before he reached for the glass. He drank the smallest amount; the alcohol barely passed his lips. He traced the spicy burn on his lips, breathing a sigh of relief. “That’s all yours. Don’t let me stop you, but hold on.” Leaning over to grip the bottom of her chair, he pulled the angel closer to him. “There.”

With their shoulders touching with the slightest movement, he brought over her plate and champagne. “Since I’m respecting what you want to do, to drink, and anything else. It’s only fair that you treat me the same about I want.” He laid his arm over her shoulders and fiddled with the dress fabric. He tipped his chin at the glass she wanted so badly. “Drink up angel, and we’ll see who’s all talk.”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:20 pm

Lua gasped, almost toppling over as Seth pulled her chair close to him. Her shoulder strap closest to him fell in the movement, but it was low on her radar. She tried to keep her breathing even with his arm draped over her shoulders. Those damn hands! The hunter's fingertips grazed her skin and she could feel it was intentional, his touch electrifying. Her head quickly snapped in his direction, glaring. A decision she regretted instantly. His deep blue eyes like mini galaxies drawing her in. The angel shook her head, focusing back on the glass. Clearing her throat she continued eating, although her appetite was subdued by...other emotions. The food will help, just finish the plate.

Lua worked on the rice and finished the last piece of chicken with a sigh, glad to be done. She was always aware of his touch and how close he was, too close and yet not close enough. Her eyes went to the glass of champagne, reached for it, and took two large gulps. The glass was still half full which felt impossible. "Mm so, Seth. What is it exactly that you want?" Her eyes hesitantly met with his.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:17 pm

Seth had stopped eating and set down his fork on the edge of his plate. Remember, go slow... Turning so he faced the angel, he observed how each strand of hair gradually came out from behind her ear, how red her cheeks turned with the more alcohol she drank, and the loose strap hanging down her arm. His eyes fixated on the rise and fall of her chest, and he caught himself leaning closer to peek at more exposed skin. It was a bear trap out in the open, waiting for him to catch his foot. His inner demon panted like a mutt. I won’t be provoked so easily. Stepping over the trap, the hunter looked into the angel’s eyes. “You.” His voice was low and rough, partly due due to the spice. His fingers danced across her shoulder and traced her collarbone before he curled his fingers under the strap and pulled it back over her shoulder.

“Your wings,” Touching them briefly, he continued his graze back down to her arm. “soul,” He kissed the ball of her shoulder, and his eyes went to her lips. He watched for her reactions carefully. “and body.” Sighing, he relaxed and settled his hand on her thigh. “Do you think you can give me any of those?” He knew his answer and prepared to face his reality once he left the angel’s apartment. He technically lost. He looked out from his peripheral at the champagne before he returned to her face.

“I see how you react when I touch you, and you’ll probably reject the truth. But this is the only time this can happen,” What happened to only once?! He gathered the stray hair between his fingers and held it. “I plan to die, and stay dead. I won’t let you end up like her.“ Tucking the hair behind her ear, he then picked up the glass and brought it to his mouth.

“May I?”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:51 pm

The angel quivered at the word 'you' leaving his lips. His touch ignited her skin, her eyes closing, falling into the abyss. She couldn't help it, a soft whimper parted her lips as his connected with her shoulder. Oh Creator! Why is this happening?! She was losing her will to fight back. And then he tucked her hair behind her ear. Finally she met his eyes, brow knitted together. "I should say no." Her voice was soft. "I should have tried to kill you the first or even the second time we met. I should despise you, and maybe a part of me does. But-" She swallowed, wanting to look away, but choosing to be brave. "But, you are right. I find you tempting, probably more than I should." Her hands squeezed into fists on her thighs to keep them from trembling. "I don't understand it and maybe I never will. Y-you do things to me I-" she finally looked away letting out a big sigh.

Lua looked down at her balled up hands, knuckles turning white. "You make me want to say yes." She was whispering now. "You make me want to fight you and hit you and scream...and...you make me want to kiss you, to touch you, and hold you." She let out an exasperated growl, wrapping her arms around herself. "I don't know what it means. Maybe it means nothing. And maybe you're right and i'm just like everyone else, tempted by their demons." Her eyes looked distant, lost in thought. "You could still get her back you know?"

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:18 am

“What’s the point when I’m dead? She’s better off staying in heaven. I won’t cause her any more inconvenience like I am to you!” Seth banged the glass on the bar, making the champagne spill over the rim. The angel could’ve killed him. Could’ve tipped off her captain about him and stab him in the back. He’d kill Lua and a couple other angels before he’d forced into hiding. Both outcomes resulted in death. His nails bit into his palms. “But I’m tempted by you when I shouldn’t be, and you know what that makes me? What that means?” He placed his hands on her arms, and his fingers dug into her flesh. His eyes a mirage of blues and purples. He toned down his voice and spoke harshly under his breath. His brows knotted together, and the aging lines in his face grew prominent with his scowl. He stroked her face.

“That I’m a selfish bastard. Even though I killed your people, I want to take advantage of you. I still want you even if it puts your life in danger, and I know I won’t be able to stop once I start.“ He leaned in, staring in her eyes and glancing at her lips. You’re making this harder for yourself. Stop while you can. A familiar bell rang in his head, and his thought wasn’t his own. Ernysia. He hesitated and drew back, pulling his hand away. “I can’t do this.” He got off the barstool. “You win.”