[1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

ariagrey

Re: [1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

Post by ariagrey » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:08 am

The angel gasped, his hands grabbing hers. There he goes again. Pushing the boundaries. She scowled up at him, trying to yank her hands away unsuccessfully. His grip was firm, but his thumbs went soft, massaging the backs of her hands. Lua swallowed, her jaw ticking. "Shut up!" It felt like her voiced echoed in the apartment. "You think i'm tempted? You don't know anything." She pulled her arms again, more so to be stubborn and prove a point than actually believing he would let her go. Don't you dare fall for his crap! she told herself, but her will was fading. His touch was making her weak, sending chills over her skin, and she could smell him. His musk mixed with deodorant or a light cologne. Lua considered his lips, lingering around the edges, following their shape. No. Her attention shifted to his eyes, pushing against his hands as a final act of defiance. Again his body barely moved, which was just as infuriating as the first time.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:10 am

“I’m not a mind reader Lua. You’re making this a lot harder than it should be.” Seth loosened his grip slightly as he didn’t want the angel to hurt herself trying to move away from him. Moving one hand to her waist, he let go of her hands, and he backed her up against the bar. Touching her was like searing skin though he kept his hands on her since he knew that she’d get away from him when the opportunity revealed itself. “You’re going to have to enlighten me on what this anything is I don’t know. Are you scared of me?” He pressed his hand against the small of her back; her wings tickled his hand. Like staring out into the ocean of clear blue water, he witnessed her hard resolve struggling to fight back the large waves from reaching the shore. He didn’t know he could be captivated by any other color than green. Only once.

His eyes fell to her Cupid’s bow, and he was brought back to the moment on the couch. He wetted his lips. “Despise me so much that you can’t bear me touching you? I don’t think that’s it…” He caressed her face, moving the strands of hair that obscured her face from thrashing against his hold. He mumbled, taking a deep inhale of her scent. Delicate and feminine with subtle shampoo. From hours of watching her, he felt like he knew her, or at least her body. “We have a bottle of champagne waiting for us, so I’m going to count to five. Pull away if you want to.”

“One…” Seth leaned in, not breaking eye contact.

“Two…” As he counted down, each number grew quieter than the last, barely coming above a whisper.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:35 am

Somehow he was rough, yet gentle. Rude, yet sweet. The nuances in his touch almost conflicted with what he was saying. Goosebumps covered her skin at his hand at the small of her back. She was cornered. He was right, she didn't despise his touch, but she wanted to. She should. Maybe she was ashamed she didn't. His counting softened with each passing number and his gaze threatened to swallow her whole, growing closer and closer. "Seth I-" Lua began to whisper but couldn't manage to finish.

She was being too proud to admit and now in the moment of truth she was proving him right. Proving the temptation had been there and she was giving in. Her heart thundered in her chest as he reached the number five, his lips feathering against hers. Lua closed her eyes, trying to hold back the feeling of her chest collapsing. Then she leaned in. She sighed into the kiss, her cheeks turning colors again. Her left hand gently touched his chest while her right gripped his shoulder for support, swearing she was seeing stars.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:12 am

The apartment seemed to grow ten degrees hotter, and with the air conditioning blasting, the cool air was futile in lowering his body temperature. Seth’s inner demon purred to have the collar loosened around his neck and indulge in some of his desires. His skin tingled, and his mind was hazy. Blood rushed to his ears. The kiss almost sucked him into a drunken state, and he swore he had a clear head. One... He was unaware of the time that passed, but he wanted to savor this chance as he couldn’t afford to do it another time. His self control would be too little with the angel, and before he got too carried away, he gave himself to the count of ten. With one hand wounded up in her dark locks, the other hand cupped the side of her neck. He could feel her heartbeat, and he was confident that she felt his racing in his chest. He lost track of what number he was on. A second longer, the bar counter would have to be disinfected, and he’d owe her a new laptop. He let the kiss linger before he pulled away and moved them away from the breakfast bar. It was a dangerous spot.

You don’t know anything!” Seth mocked. His attempt at raising the pitch of his voice was cracked, and he sounded nothing like Lua. His hands settled on her waist, and a wide smirk was casted on his swollen lips.

“Champagne?”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:49 pm

Lua stood there in a daze, fingers gently caressing her lips. Her hand dropped, eyes finally focusing on his. Her chest rose a little quicker than normal, trying to catch her breath. Skin felt cold where he once touched. She bit her bottom lip, hearing him mock her. Unable to hold back she burst into laughter, feeling unlike herself. Feeling on another planet. "That was a terrible impression." The angel finally spoke, her voice feeling foriegn.

Seth seemed different in that moment, they both did. Like two normal adults with no worries other than to decide what to eat or what to watch. But that was a fantasy, a lie. They weren't normal. She wasas a gaurdian of the creator and his creations and Seth was the hunter of her people among other things. Although now, she almost understood his reasoning.

As much as she didn't want to, she skid his hands from her waist and walked over to the fridge, coming back to the bar with the bottle and two simple glasses. She debated with herself as she poured the glasses for them. The glass came to her mouth and she paused, before taking several sips. Her hand ran through her hair, avoiding his eyes. Eyes that felt like they knew too much already. Yet she was ready to reveal more. "I- That was my first kiss." She regretted saying it after the words left her lips. Embarrassed, she downed her champagne as fast as she could, almost choking, before pouring another. Finishing half her second glass the realization of what just happened hit her. "I bet your proud." Her finger played with edge of the glass. "I need some air " she left champagne and the hunter and walked out onto the balcony, the midday sun blocked only by the balcony above her. You're weak. How could you let him do something like that? You should let him kill you and be done with it. Lua's hand came up to her lips again. She could almost still feel his and the hunger behind them. She wanted more, meaning this would be a problem.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:23 pm

The fruity aroma of the champagne wafted under his nose. Licking the swell of his bottom lip, Seth’s brow arched in wait for what the angel was going to say. Tasting the champagne, his mouth hovered the rim of the glass at her revelation. His reaction was silence, but thoughts tossed around in his mind. Hmm… I was thinking something else. A primal part of him hooted and hollered, bucking against his chains at the thought of claiming her as his own. Untouched by another, temptation clawed at him, but he refrained. It was just the one time, and no more. A small line creased between his brows watching Lua down the champagne like it was soda. To be fair, it tasted like it, and he was about to move the bottle out of her reach until her next words. The color in her face was apparent like it stained her skin as she never fully recovered from the last blush.

“Not necessarily…” He drew out, and for the first time, he took his eyes away from her. He was a decent liar, and he lied with ease when it was necessary. But the truth squeezed past the cracks, and he could’ve described it as shameful. Yet it was contradictory as he’d commit the sin to do it again. His eyes calibrated back to the angel as she whisked off to the balcony. Standing still for a few moments, he shot back the champagne, and he leaned against the balcony door frame.

“Let’s look past this. Like it never happened.” He looked down at his boots; his eyes traced the weak shadow of her wings. He crossed his arms over his chest and stared at her back. With his jaw set, his hands gripped his biceps. The deal echoed in his head. Find the killer, and finish your business here. Don’t set yourself up. He couldn’t read her well from the back, but he didn’t dare come closer.

“At your next meeting, keep an eye out for anyone suspicious. Whoever’s behind this will be looking for your reaction.”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:13 pm

Her expression turned crestfallen as she watched a couple walk together below. Look past this? Easy for you to say. Lua only had herself to blame. She gave into temptation, gave into her demon. What did she expect? Snap out of it! She nodded, smoothing out the skirt to her dress, turning on her heel. "You're right. I'll be sure to be vigilant." He was beginning to distract her from the task at hand. She needed to remember her mission and that he promised to let her kill him once complete. "Let's have more champagne. I can order us food if your hungry." She walked passed him without a second glance.

She filled both their glasses and beckoned him over. Distant and professional. "What do you plan on doing while i'm your little spy?" Again Lua drank the sweet liquid, savoring it this time. She made sure to avoid looking at his lips to stay focused. "Please don't make any hasty decisions before coming to me first. Okay? I've seen and experienced your temper so don't be an idiot."

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:19 am

Seth tried to connect his glimpse, but the angel went straight to the kitchen. On their accord, his brows knitted together, and a frown stretched his mouth. It’s for the best. “I could eat.” He pushed off the door jamb and closed the balcony door. He looked out at the building across and inspected the glass pane. His eyes going violet, his thoughts jumped to how visible her apartment. It was convenient for his eyes, but anyone could look in and see. Stashing the note in the back of his mind, he pulled out a stool and sat at the bar.

“Job hunting...” Tilting his glass, he watched the golden liquid swirl before he gulped down the champagne. Thinking the original deal was going to progress quickly along with his one-way ticket to hell, he quit his previous job and got his affairs in order. He wiped his chin with the back of his hand. He turned her laptop, so it faced him. The screen came to life as he scrubbed his finger on the mouse.

“Other than that, I’m keeping an eye on you.” If anything happened to Lua, the deal was nulled, and he’d start killing again. Who’s she calling an idiot? To bring up his previous kills and the fact that the bounty task force couldn’t catch one man, he wasn’t the idiot. He understand her message clearly though. He blew air past his lips, and he toyed with the grooves on his gun.

“What did you think I came to you for? Your captain could’ve been dead, but he’s not. I can control myself.”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:40 am

Lua rolled her eyes, a smile playing on her lips. "I suppose you do earn credit for that." She glanced at his lips. Damn it! It only lasted a second, but it was a second too long. Picking up her phone she began tapping away, distracting her mind from thinking about them kissing, lips and hands roaming where they will. "I ordered us Thai, hope that's okay." The angel cleared her throat and put down the phone. "I got a non spicy option as well, in case you weren't into that." She eyed him, swirling the sparkling contents of her glass before sipping. Her body was beginning to feel the haze around it's edges. This was, what, her fourth glass? She lost count. Slow down. Don't get sloppy. Distant and professional.

"I should be able to make quick work of finding who did this. Thanks to you, i'm not searching blindly, there is a fixed point." There could only be a handful of angels that were possibly guilty, Rowan being on that list, which only proved to shatter her heart. She had known him for what felt like an eternity. A long time for a celestial being. So to think he could be the one who killed the woman that Seth loved..Lua felt like hoping beyond hope that he wasn't involved. "Soon we'll be out of each other's hair and maybe you can get some peace in life or death." The angel shrugged, drinking more beyond her better judgment.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:44 am

Seth noticed the flicker in her eyes, but he didn’t comment as he played with the empty glassware. The angel was tempting him, and she probably didn’t know she was doing it. And drinking more and getting drunk was the worst option for him. He wouldn’t make it out of the apartment sane. “I can handle spice, but I’ll choose whatever you don’t end up eating.” Covering the clearing of his throat with a cough, he scratched his neck. Hopefully, food was enough to distract him from Lua, or he needed to keep his distance. He was wary of how much the angel was drinking, and he had no idea what she was like drunk. Buzzed, sure. Ernysia, this is your doing, isn’t it? A payback of some sorts? I knew you liked to see me suffer. Spited the goddess of hell, he quickly pushed back the barstool and took the glass out of her hands. Her fingers brushed his, and he mentally cursed. He let the rest of the sparkling wine glide down his throat. His head was full of lewd and obscure thoughts, but he was better off drunk than she was. I can control myself.

“I won’t have peace in life or death if you keep drinking. You’re going to make me regret my decision.”