[1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

ariagrey

Re: [1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

Post by ariagrey » Sun May 31, 2020 2:54 am

Lua shook her head in disgust. "That's all?" She repeated his words. "Are you really so far gone that you do not even value human life?" She scoffed, shaking her head. "You understand nothing." Her voice was almost trembling with anger as she tried to keep steady. Tried to keep from shattering the glass and lunging at him with a shard. Icey blue eyes bore into him, unwavering. It was her turn to breach the gap between them. She leaned in close, trying to ignore the way his hair took the right shape, the color of his eyes, or the way he smelled. "Only the person retrieving the soul can do it."

Lua let the words hang in the air, allowing him to absorb them before continuing. "I doubt they'd let you into Heaven." Again she scoffed. "It has to be me. And I should have known no amount of begging or pleading would sway your decision to continue with this." She reached out, grabbed her cup and began to drink again. Lua licked her lips as she finished another glass, welcoming the fuzzy feeling at her edges that came with the burgundy liquid. Her phone began to vibrate on the breakfast bar, but she ignored it as she poured herself another glass. "I guess you'll corrupt me or kill me...and I don't know which is worse."

The angel sat back on the couch, not bothering to move to the other end again. She was tired of talking about it. Tired of thinking about it. Being in the human world and dealing with all these problems was exhausting. She missed simpler times. Times with wind in her wings and the sun warming her skin. Everything here was so harsh, so violent, so cruel. "One soul for countless angels." She spoke so softly it was almost a whisper. "I guess i'll do."

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:57 am

“Want to find out?” Seth poured what was left of the wine into his glass, watching the red liquid drip off the mouth of the bottle. His eyes flickered over to the buzzing phone on the bar, but he left it be and downed his glass in one finish. “I’ll tell you. Free of charge.” He put his glass down with a chuckle and a choked hiccup. He pushed himself up and scooted next to her, nearly teetering off the couch. The wine was getting to him, and as he observed and took in her exhausted energy, his eyes traveled from her slumped shoulders to her peaked Cupid’s bow, the slope of her nose, to his favorite part: her eyes. Bright clear blue and full with emotions. They tried to pierce, threaten, and plea with him. Challenge him. A familiar feeling swarmed his chest. You’d be so much fun to play with. With hooded eyes, his eyes glowed in response. He marveled in the sensation. He loved it. Gazing in a haze, he welcomed the numbing sensation with open arms. His body felt overly warm; his cheeks were flushed and his skin rendered a red glow. “Let’s make a revision, an extension if you will. I’ll reconsider, so try to make me understand.” He brushed his fingers up her arm, over her shoulder, and grazed her neck. “Maybe you won’t have to.” He heard her the first time. He wasn’t being ignorant. He tucked a strand of flyaway hair behind her ear. Her phone vibrated again, but it was background noise. Like the warning bells in his head. Even in death, Blade finds a way to play hard to get.

“Let me have you. Be the one soul for your people.” He whispered.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:07 am

The couch cushion shifted beneath Seth's weight as he sat right next to her. Her body bobbed with the shift, her hand on the opposite side of the hunter reaching for the cushion to keep her from crashing into him. Lua swallowed as her eyes watched his hand caress her skin, traveling up. Goosebumps spread and a shiver went up her spine, eyes meeting. She let out a nervous breath, the same rosey color from the previous visit blooming in her cheeks, half nerves and half alcohol. It was the second time the hunter tucked her hair behind her ear. An act so simple yet it felt so intimate. The angel tried to control her breathing, her heart racing in her chest. Everything else fell away. The phone vibrating, the AC unit humming, the distant city noise dancing up through the open balcony door.

It felt wrong being so nervous. Why should it matter if he touched her skin or sat so close? He wasn't making any sense, but Lua found it hard to think straight. Especially as his whisper tickled her expose collar bone. "Y-you can't mean that." She said softly, trying to gather the courage to move away, to push him away, anything. But her body didn't move. "I thought you loved her?" Again she swallowed, her eyes flickering to his lips and then back to his eyes. "Isn't that what all of th-this is for? For her?" Her breath trembled ever so slightly and her body was tense. "Why would you want me?" She whispered. "I'm no one to you."

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:18 am

“I mean it.” Seth didn’t move from her eyes, but he did note the downcast of her eyes to the lower part of his face. He allowed himself to mirror her actions, and he glanced at her lips. Stroking her cheek with the back of his finger, he recentered his focus back to her eyes. He arched his brow. There was an urge to laugh at her statement, but he didn’t want to compromise the position he was in. She wasn’t wrong because it was true, hence why he found it humorous.

“I took my own life because I couldn’t bear the thought of living without her. But I spent years to get back on this world trying to find her and be with her again and I would die for her a second time. For what? She’s in heaven, at peace with her brothers.” The bells grew louder in his head that he was convinced that Lua could hear them if she leaned in closer. You waste those eyes! Tainted by the heavens as you choose not to heed my warning. Ernysia’s voice thundered. A headache was forthcoming. He fought back a grimace, and he mustered the strength to switch the goddess in his head off and block her from his mind. The ringing subsided, and he started again.

“I know it didn’t make sense to you. Why would I die just to bring her back? Neither of us wins. It’s a bad trade off. It just doesn’t make sense.” Seth was once a demon, and a human woman drove him to kill many. He raged for years, headstrong on pillaging angels for did him wrong and took his lover from him.

“I want you. You’re not no one to me. You’re my business partner. You’re my guardian angel. I’m still alive because of you. So you couldn’t be more wrong.” He braced his arms on either side of her body. Their knees touched.

“And I can stay alive and your people will remain out of harm’s way if you agree to my proposal until we find an alternative.” The original deal was kept. He was disoriented from the wine, but he wasn’t careless that he’d give the angels more opportunities for taking his life. He leaned in to her ear, and his lips ghosted her skin. “I’m not asking you to like me. Although your body tells me somewhat differently.”

“You told me that you weren’t shy. Plus, I trust that you won’t whip out a knife this time. Give in Lua.”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:29 pm

Lua closed her eyes, a sigh parting her lips while his fingers caressed her face. This felt like a trick, a sick joke. He wasn't wrong. As much as she wanted to hate him, as much as she should find him repulsive, something about him attracted her, but she wasn't ready to admit that. Her expression fell into a frown, his arms on either side. "So i'm a shield to you. That's what this is." She let out a laugh, an edge of disappointment in it. Her arms folded over her chest. "So we play this game until you decide it isn't enough and start killing my people again? What was the point of me finding out about Magaki when it clearly seems like you already had your mind made up?"

As he leaned in it gave her pause, another shudder running through her as his breath tickled her skin and his lips grazed her ear. Lua's mind was clouded with how close he was. How did she let this happen? He smells good. She thought, his command to give in becoming more tempting by the minute. She pulled back to meet his eyes, an array of emotions passing through them before she finally spoke. "Me for the saftey of my people, that's the deal right?" Her voice was soft but her expression was serious. The phone was still vibrating against the counter, but again she ignored it. The situation at hand more important.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:03 pm

Seth watched the emotions flash through her eyes, and her silence edged him. What are you contemplating? As she pulled away, he minimized the distance between them. He only saw, smell, and heard Lua like the rest of the world didn’t exist. He swallowed, taking his hand to pull her arms away from her body. “Yes. As long as I have you, I will not harm your people.” He declared as if he was setting it in stone.

“But I’m keeping my word. I’ll still surrender myself.” He hesitated for a second to ensure he was speaking the truth. He made peace with death and would return to hell when the time came. “Since things changed, I’ll help you instead. With your suspicion. I admit that something doesn’t feel right. Then when it’s resolved, I’ll be at your mercy.” He would never have Kotori again, but he’d settle the loose ends. The phone started to irk him, and he questioned who was calling late at night. Most likely, it’s the redhead. That’s my cue to leave.

“You should answer it before they get suspicious.” With one last look in her eyes, he uncaged his arms from her, and he grabbed the champagne. He twisted the deep emerald colored bottle in his hands. “We’ll save this for later, so keep it cold.”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:51 pm

Lua felt a flutter in her chest, silently wishing Seth hadn't moved away. She licked her lips, suddenly feeling them dry and looking over at the phone. "Right. I should pick up." She felt almost in a trance as she watched the small rectangular screen cast a glow. The angel then took a quick breath, snapping herself out of it and walking over to the phone. "Later?" She questioned the hunter, trying to hide her smirk unsuccessfully. Her eyes finally focused on the phone and Rowan's name glowed across the screen. There were four missed calls from him already. She cursed under her breath, grabbing the device in her hand. Lua chewed the inside of her lip, trying to figure out what to say, but also not done with Seth. "Are you leaving? When will I see you again?" She asked him without looking, the phone buzzing annoyingly at her. Finally with a sigh she picked up.

"Hey, Rowan, what's up?" There was a momentary silence on the other end. "What's up? WHAT'S UP!?" Lua pulled the phone away with a wince, her friend yelling on the other end. She had never heard him so angry, but his tone was unacceptable. "Would you chill! I'm fine, I just took a nap and passed out. Hard." She began to pace to the living room. "I understand you were worried, but there is no need for the aggression." Lua made her way out on the balcony and began to pick at the wooden banister. "I'll talk to you later when you've cooled down." She hung up, placing the phone an arms length away on said banister, before sighing and looking off at the city lights. She had to admit, dispite everything, Earth had some beautiful views.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:05 am

Prepared to leave, Seth set down the champagne on the breakfast bar, distracted by the phone call. The angel’s friend had quite the mouth on him, and standing in the kitchen, he grimaced at loud feedback. The champagne left neglected and the fridge ignored, his eyes followed her out onto the balcony. Buttoning his shirt, he watched her from behind the couch. Her dark strands fell from from the messy updo, and he fixated on her wings. Is this a smart decision? I could be digging my own grave...recklessly. He thought. Not once did the angel go against him tonight or make her own terms. Only wished to have a human soul spared for her people and for him to stop. He was essentially committing the same mistake even more dangerously, but he held himself accountable. He would do what he set out to do and leave. This is a game, fun, and temporary.

Joining her on the balcony, he leaned his arms on the bannister and looked out at the city. “Your friend didn’t sound very happy.” He made the blatant observation, squinting his eyes to see what the angel was seeing. He couldn’t see it, so he turned his head, looking at her face.
“Somehow after tonight, we still got a lot we need to talk about...” Not wanting to dwell anymore on their deal, he changed the subject.

“I got a feeling that you didn’t want me to leave, but you could be tricking me. Am I wrong?”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:23 am

The angel groaned, wiping her hands over her face. "I don't want to think about him right now." She said plainly. Rowan could prove to be a problem if she wasn't careful. He was too nosey and protective for his own good. If he ever caught her with Seth...It was really something she would rather not think about.

The cool night air felt good against her skin, making her hopeful that the humidity was gone at least for a little while. "Mm, yes. There is still a lot to talk about." Lua reached up and let her hair down, turning so that her back was against the bannister. Her waves were more prominent from being twisted up for so long. She gently finger combed the strands, smoothing down any weird lumps or fly aways. Tired of tricks and deceit she let out a genuine laugh. "I'm not one for tricks Seth. I like things simple and straight forward." She flicked a fluff she found in her hair, trying to appear unbothered by his accurate assumption. "You are hard to figure out." She looked him up and down. "A mystery and yet so hated by many." The angel propped her elbows on the bannister behind her, taking on a more casual body language. "I hardly know if i'm doing the right thing. This feels like it all happened so fast, but you have kept your word. That at least i can say."

Lua looked at him, really looked at him, tracing his edges slowly with her eyes. Don't be foolish. This all means nothing to him. You're just another pawn in this game. Part of her knew it, knew that this was a means to an end and if she was lucky she wouldn't be on earth anymore before long. The angel stood up straight once more. "It's getting late."

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:25 am

It’s not a mystery why I’m hated by many. Seth dropped his head low on his forearms, laughing. He stared at his shoes and the street below between the railings of the balcony fences. He looked over his shoulder at the angel. He stood up and brushed off the front of his shirt. “That’s a subtle way to kick me out of your apartment.” He walked in to the front door, and his hand was on the door knob, but he paused and turned to face Lua. “You’ll see me tomorrow. For that. And everything else.” He tipped his chin to the champagne on the counter. He opened the door, and he took two steps before he stopped. “Try not to think of me too much. I can read minds too.” He joked, a devilish smirk splayed on his lips. With a wink, he closed the door behind him.

Returning to his own apartment, he went through his procedures: tucking his shoe bin under the bench and threw his clothes in the laundry. After he washed up, he stood in front of his large whiteboard. An unopened beer sat on the corner of a nearby desk. With a fist under his chin, he glanced around at the strewn and ripped photos and papers at his feet. “We have to restart.” He mumbled, moving to his desk and pulling out a drawer. He grabbed a new blown up photo of Lua and tapped it to the top of the board. He redrew and recounted on his killings, trying to figure out what he missed. What was the connection of angels, and why did this one angel killed Kotori when they didn't kill at all?