[1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

ariagrey

Re: [1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

Post by ariagrey » Wed May 27, 2020 5:51 pm

Lua couldn't help but smirk, pleased that, at least for the moment, the situation was diffused. Her eyes followed him as he made his way over to the couch, the cold glass coming up to her lips again. Is this wrong? What am I even doing? The voices of doubt began to wrap it's hands around her mind and heart. Her gaze traveled down to his hands and paused. Hands that had killed so many of her kind...for love. Is that what it is? Is he doing this because of heart break?

Lua tore her eyes away, nursing her beer while lost in thought. After a few moments of silence Seth began to talk again. The mention of hell drew her attention, but his other comment had another affect. Lua almost choked, sputtering as she wiped her mouth. Her face became hot, staring at him wide eyed as a rosey color painted her face. "Very funny!" Was the only thing she could think to say, her embarrassment obvious.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Wed May 27, 2020 10:01 pm

Amused, he dragged his eyes over her body. If she was hot before, she looked hotter than she did, in more ways than one. He wanted to take advantage of her embarrassment. “Aw, is little Lua shy? Do you want me to go first?” Seth cooed then laughed. He made moves to take off his shirt. The cold air raised chills on the firm exposed skin. He glanced at his beer bottle. What the hell am I doing? The temperature was getting to his head, and he stayed longer than he should have. He released the hem of his shirt and pulled it back down his torso. Picking up his bottle, he cleared his throat and got up from the couch. “My invitation expired, so next time we’ll strip. Hopefully, we’ll have something we can strip to.” He held his hand out to her. “I’ll take yours out too on my way out if you’re finished. I won’t be surprised if you managed to spew it all out.”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Thu May 28, 2020 1:05 am

Lua's anger was lit again, mingled with embarrassment. He was toying with her. Whatever moment of peace they had vanished just like that. Once again she saw the man she had been hating all this time, the man she wanted to destroy for terrorizing her kind. "I'm not shy, i'm an angel. We do not partake in your...crude games or ways." She handed him the bottle trying to will the flush in her face away.

The hum of the AC unit filled the apartment and the smell of spices from dinner still wafted through the air, mixed with their sweat and musk. She couldn't bare to look at him any longer and made her way over to the balcony door, gazing out at all the light twinkling in the dark. "I'll find Magaki and bring her to you." Lua swallowed hard at the thought of what lie ahead. "Will I know when you'll show up again or will it be another self invite?" She tried to play it hard but cool.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu May 28, 2020 1:53 am

“I’ll be watching, so you can call me whenever you have progress or updates. Anything that I need to know.” Seth held both bottles in one hand, and he came up behind her. Heat radiated off her body in waves. The warmth was almost enough for him to back away. His instinct reminded that he should be on guard, prepared for the worst, but he craved for a game with the angel. “Make a signal or something, but I think I’ll know when you’re trying to summon me.” He caressed her shoulder. She wouldn’t jeopardize the lives of her people. That’s enough until I get Kotori back. The rush pulsed through his veins, thinking of his pending death. His eyes fell closed, letting out a sigh. He tilted his head in thought of a good timeline. “Let’s say two-three days? Three days without word, and I’ll invite myself over again. Then we really will have a striptease.” He laughed darkly, heading to the front door.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Thu May 28, 2020 5:24 pm

Lua shuddered at his touch on her shoulder, the breath he released from his sigh tickling the back of her neck. His touch felt different. It wasn't how Rowan touched her, but granted her best friend was the only other one to touch her so what did she know. "Okay." she said simply in response to theit next meeting. She could hear his voice rumble in his chest, vibrating the air around them. It was a strange feeling to have someone so close that she hardly knew.

Just as her embarrassment had faded the mention of a striptease brought the wash of color over her face again, turning around just in time to see him leave the apartment. As unsettled as she was, she was glad there was at least hope to stop this all. Even if she is the only one who knew it.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

The next day Lua talked with Rowan to see if he had found any new information on Magaki, but nothing had turned up. She tried not to think about the hunter if it wasn't related to finding the target, keeping herself busy with training, chores and research. Something told her she was close to finding this woman's exact location.

Then, as if summoned, Rowan burst through the apartment door with great enthusiasm. "Oh you are gonna love me!" He was almost skipping with joy. Lua had just finished a workout and was shuffling through paperwork. "As opposed to...?" She stayed focused on the papers. There was silence which forced Lua to look up to see Rowan's cheesy grinning face. "I found her." He said still smiling. Lua put down the papers, placing her palms on the breakfast bar. "Are you sure?" Rowan nodded, still overly excited. "How?" Lua place one hand up to her mouth in disbelief. Rowan waved at her dismissively as he walked over to the couch. "Eh, doesn't matter. Aren't you happy I found her?"

Lua began to pace from the kitchen to the living room, hands on her hips. "So she is real. I can't believe it." The last sentence came out as a whisper. "Thanks Rowan. You don't know how much this means to me." She continued to pace, her mind spinning. "Hey, no worries. Maybe you'll finally be able to take him down. Still don't know how this will help, but i trust you." Rowan shrugged draping his arms along the back of the couch. "And you didn't say anything to Leon right?" Even she could hear the slight edge in her voice but tried to keep it cool. "Nope. He's clueless." Lua paused in her pacing to smile at him before joining him on the couch. "Okay, so tell me everything."

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

It had been three days since she last saw the Seth. She knew he would show up either way, but as a sign of trust she decided to signal him anyways. The hunter never mentioned how to do that exactly, which made it all the more unsettling to know that he was watching her often. It was the evening and she stood on the balcony. A breeze was thankfully blowing through the city making the humidity a tad more bearable. Lua took a breath and stretched her wings out. Her wingspan was twice her size and her feathers had a glowing aura about them. Glowing speckles appeared on her skin, akin to starlike freckles. Although no normal human could see this, she knew that the hunter could see it. It was as close to her natural form as it gets.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Fri May 29, 2020 12:48 am

Seth swayed back and forth, sitting on the ledge of his favorite watch spot. He watched the angel’s apartment, waiting. He could see her moving around; his eyes followed the outline of her wings. His eyes transitioned from blue to purple as he rocked back and forth. The back of his polished Oxford shoes hit the old brick with each sway. His head had been ringing all day, and he tried to tune it out by humming. In his short time he returned to Earth, Ernysia, Satan’s daughter never bothered him this much. He unbuttoned the first few buttons of his white dress shirt. He recalled last night’s memories where he stood in the gold throne room in front of the massive goddess. You’re being set up. Those eyes see all, but I’m afraid that you’ve forgotten your task at hand that you’ve become oblivious. Don’t get so distracted with the girl that you’re blinded by the angel. It’ll be your funeral, and I won’t give you another chance. He opened his eyes and found comfort in the passing breeze. The hair on his forearms raised slightly, and the air passed through his clipped beard. He braced his hands on the lip of the roof’s exterior trim and leaned back with his face towards the night sky. He watched her nearly all day and night, and his guard was fortified and tall. His eyes worked fine. Ernysia’s doubt in him was pathetic. You always wanted me to do your dirty work, so I’m better off dead anyway. As long as I get what I want first. He let out a deep breath, sitting upright. He remembered to get a bottle of wine, and he bought a bottle of champagne for an extra celebration. There was good news by the looks of it. Tonight was a night for new beginnings, a celebration for the times. Grabbing the necks of both bottles, he got off the ledge, ready to go to Lua’s place.

As he turned his back, a pull lulled him to look over the edge, and his eyes glowed bright purple. The bells and rings stopped, and it was like he was in a trance. There, the angel was standing on her balcony with her wings on display. In all their glory. It’s a shame that I won’t be able to take them. They’re so heavenly and divine. They were beautiful, large, and white. The feathers looked soft to the touch. He was reminded when he had wings of his own. They were warped, large, and brown. Webbed and rubbery similar to a bat’s. They were covered in coarse matching feathers. “That’s one hell of a signal. She must have what I want.” He snapped out of his daze of admiring her beauty, and he couldn’t have gotten to the front door of her apartment fast enough.

Running down the street would raise suspicion, so he opted for a paced walk which was more like an awkward walk-run. With the door in sight, he broke out into a sprint. He knocked on the door. His chest heaved, trying to push air into his lungs, and sweat trailed down his hairline. But the smirk never left his face. “A simple hand gesture would’ve been enough, but that was quite flashy of you. I enjoyed it nonetheless. I brought bottles to celebrate the occasion.” He held the bottles up into her view before he waltzed through the threshold.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Fri May 29, 2020 2:37 am

The knock on the door snapped her back to the present. Her brow began to knit together as she walked to the door and opened it. To her surprised there Seth was. "That was fast." Lua was slightly baffled as she stepped aside to let him in. "I didn't assume you were always watching." She shrugged as she shut the door. "Figured a hand gesture could be missed." Her eyes focused on him and the way he moved about her small space. "I-" Lua frowned thinking it better not to say anything and instead grabbing two glasses. "Sorry, i don't have any fancy glasses. Didn't think my stay here would be so long." She set them down gently on the coffee table.

The angel hadn't imagined he'd show up so fast, leaving her no time to change. She felt slightly awkward in her two piece set of black, casual, t-shirt material shorts with two white stripes running up each side. Her top the same black, t-shirt material with the white stripes, a hood, and a zipper up the front. Her hair was piled messily atop her head to keep the dark brown waves from sticking to the back of her neck. "I guess this would be a rather exciting occasion for you." Her arms folded gently over her chest, more in a relaxed manner than offensive as she stayed standing. "How should I begin?"

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Fri May 29, 2020 3:11 am

“I watch you all the time. I find it silly that you didn’t think I did.” The words flowed smoothly off his tongue as if the statement wasn’t creepy in itself. Had it been a normal person, human, he assumed that it would be off putting, but he didn’t give it a second thought. “Do you want to change?” He asked the question, but he was already answering it for her by undressing. Setting the alcohol next to the glasses, he unbuttoned more buttons on his shirt and untucked it from his pants. Getting dressed up in nice clothes seemed more appropriate than his plain t-shirts and jeans to drink wine and champagne, but he’d match the angel’s attire the best he could. He was a bit hot and sweaty from rushing over. He rolled his sleeves further up his arms. Though he wouldn’t mind seeing her in a sexy, revealing dress, he couldn’t quite see the image in its entirety since she didn’t play his games. He claimed a spot on the couch and opened the bottle of wine. Whatever they are. Pouring each of them a glass, he picked up his cup and motioned her to sit with him. “You can start however you want. I only care about where she is and that you can bring her to me.” He brought the glass to his mouth once before he spoke again, licking the wine from his lips. He cocked a brow. “Unless there’s a catch, and the news is too good to be true.” Seth pulled his ankle up onto his left leg, shaking his foot in wait.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Sat May 30, 2020 2:47 am

"I think it's a little late for that." Lua shrugged at his question on whether she wanted to change. She watched him unbutton his shirt and roll up his sleeves, wondering if he was purposefully doing it to make her uncomfortable. The angel cleared her throat and gingerly took the glass before sitting down. Making sure not to sit too close. Her attention was focused on the dark red liquid, her finger playing with the rim. A sigh parted her lips. "I can get to her easy enough. Getting her out is the problem, as I said." Her toes began to wiggle rhythmically, a nervous, subconscious habit she had. "There always has to be balance." She continued to avoid looking his way, taking a large gulp of wine before speaking again. "A soul for a soul. That's how it would have to work. I know i said-" she stopped herself, sighing through her nose as her jaw ticked. "I've never done this sort of thing before, obviously. There was no need for angels to be on earth until..." she trailed off, knowing well they both knew what she was referring to. "So when I promised to do this I didn't know what it meant at the time."

Lua finished the glass, placing it on the table, hands on either side of her on the couch. She could feel his stare, but was afraid to see his expression. Her nervousness came from not knowing how he would react to this news. "I wou-" it was hard to even say. "I would have to take someone's life. A human life. To get her out." The thought made her sick, having always been a gaurdian to the human race. Is one human life worth the lives of countless angels? It was hard for her to think, a mixture of emotions flowing through her. "Is she really worth all of this?" Her icey blue eyes finally met his, hoping he could see the pleading look behind them.

Whichever way it went someone would suffer. It made her wonder when things got so complicated. When did she begin to feel like an outcast to her own kind, even though all she wanted to do was help. Her heart was heavy, but she had to speak her mind. "This isn't easy for me and although I don't think what you've been doing is right, there is another layer to all this. Something is off, I can feel it and I know you don't care, but it's there." She let the silence linger between them, studying his face, his body language. "Please don't make me do this." Lua finally whispered. "If you insist on not stopping the slaughter of my kin, then I guess my hand is forced. But i'm begging you. Please don't make me take a human life."

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Sat May 30, 2020 6:05 am

A soul for a soul. Seth expected as much. It was logical, but what he couldn’t understand was why she couldn’t look him in the eye. He noticed the nervous tick as he slowly drank his wine. He preferred lots of eye contact in a conversation, and the angel didn’t meet his eyes once in the time she spent drawing out the story. Agitated, he tipped his head back and finished off the glass. “Get to the point.” He waved his hand fast, urging her to spit out what she knew. When he said that he had all night, it was literal, but he didn’t want to spend the whole time sitting on his ass on her couch. He refilled both their glasses, and his mouth flattened in a line; his brows furrowed. His eyes were in slits.

"I would have to take someone's life. A human life. To get her out." Seth held back a scoff, but the corner of his mouth upturned. “That’s it?” He propped his arms on top of his legs, lacing his fingers. His smile was wicked before his face turned to stone. The emotion behind her clear eyes couldn’t penetrate his soul. He raised his knee onto the couch, coming closer to her. He breached her personal space and grasped her face between his fingers. “Her worth is beyond any value. That even if I kill off all angels, I don’t think I would be satisfied. I don’t know if I’ll ever be.” His eyes momentarily glowed, and he ripped his gaze away her and returned sitting.

What Lua spoke of was true. He felt it too, but it wasn’t a part of his priorities though it pricked him like a thorn in his side. Seth flexed his fingers continuously, letting out a breath. He’d have to persevere with the injury. His eyes drew up to her again as she begged him. While it would be entertaining to see her kill a human being, it wasn’t necessarily a part of the deal. There were many gaps and spaces in the verbal agreement which they shouldn’t be, but it lended itself to compromises and negotiations. He stroked his jaw for several moments, pretending to weigh her plea to make her anxious. He could make her beg more, but he spared her dignity. “I won’t make you kill. I’m not that much of a monster. I am human.”

“I‘ll take care of it.” He spoke casually, taking a drink of wine. He encouraged her drink more as well, to calm down some. “It can anybody, right? As long as they’re human?” It’s been almost two months since he last killed, and he went cold turkey because of their deal. It’d be fun for him like he was slipping his arms through an old jacket. He murdered so many angels that he forgot what It felt like take a human life.