[1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

ariagrey

Re: [1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

Post by ariagrey » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:50 am

Lua breathed a laugh. "Maybe I did. So sue me." There was a flutter in her chest as she looked up into his deep ocean like eyes. Again she wondered if this was real, it felt too good to be true. Something was bound to happen, an interruption or her finally waking up. She began to feel hot, even though the apartment was comfortable with the AC. Focus! "I-I haven't eaten yet." If she was honest, she had lost her appetite. With everything going on and the stress, food was low on her priority list. She stood and walked around the coffee table to sit on the couch beside him. "If you're hungry I can order us something. You can pick this time." She wasn't sure what the plan was at this point. She had already told Leon about Seth, so there was no going back on that. There was also no way she could kill Seth herself. She hated that he was right, that he seemed to read her so easily, while she sat clueless about what he was thinking or feeling. "I'm surprised you came back." The words fell out of her mouth before she could stop them. Her toes wiggled in her nervousness. "I just mean...I don't know what I mean." Lua let out a nervous laugh.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:49 pm

“Pizza?” Seth suggested. He leaned back into the couch and draped his arms across the top of the couch. The moment was oddly comfortable, but the normalcy barely lasted. He didn’t think it was going to last, but he attempted to salvage the fleeting moment with an honest but playful retort. “I couldn’t get you out of my head. You’re quite the temptation.” It was too good to be true, no matter how much he pretended. He sat up; her nervousness settled in the weight of reality. “I’m not surprised.” He got attached, and he noticed too late. She does know. And you do too. Eyeing her, he didn’t point out what he saw since what was the point? Whether he blamed it from constantly watching her or for being human, he may have one of what he wanted, but there were complications and obstacles. More than before, and he was a fool to fall in his own trap. It happened with Kotori, and look where she ended up. “Leon knows that you have contact with me. Rowan has a grand scheme to be some sort of hell lord and take you with him. And I still have to die.” He huffed, kicking the coffee table. The first aid kit fell to the floor. “You can say it. Tell me what you mean. That this is all shit.”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:35 pm

Lua flinched as the kit hit the floor. She chewed the inside of her lip, working up the courage to just say what was on her mind. "That's not what I meant at all." Her eyes focused on him, expression turning serious. "I didn't think you'd come back because I thought maybe you didn't care. You're so hell bent on revenge, and I get it. I just figured you had your blinders on." She shifted her body to face him, leg up on the couch. "I would never ask you to give up everything you've been fighting for for someone like me." She reached out and placed her hand on his thigh above his knee. "I'm not blind to the strange unfathomable situation we're in. I didn't plan it and I doubt you did either." Her eyes searched his face. "I know this doesn't make sense and I don't know what to make of it. I just know I feel things when I'm with you. And that's all I meant by it."

The angel reached for her phone on the table, giving him a minute to process everything. "I'll order the pizza on their app. Meat lovers sound good?" She asked as she typed away. They hardly knew each other, but Seth already had so much sway over her emotions. He made her feel things she hadn't before and when she thought she had seen the last of him it felt heartwrenching. She could sense his eyes on her, but finished ordering the pizza and then placed the phone back on the table.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:22 am

“I walked away because I do care. I don’t want to see you get hurt.” Seth began to sound like a broken record, and it frustrated him to no end. He stuck his hands to his legs to not agitate them and snatch the phone out of her hands. Forget the pizza. He was sitting next to the angel, and she was right in front of him but he felt so far away. There was no make believe or pretend. Fates and deities only teased him what he couldn’t have. First, it was Kotori, then she was killed. Now, it was Lua, but he had to die. She could die, and everything could go to ruins. Blowing up in his face. His eyes wreaked with turmoil, and his chest suffocated. His brows creased, and lines indented his cheeks. “I killed people. I killed your people. Humans and angels. For what? Another chance at life? To be reunited with a woman? It’s mental-” Breathing heavily, the blood rushed to his head, and his heart pounded in his neck. His arms shook from the ache to not burst the bandages, and his leg bounced feverishly to compensate the lack of movement. Not able to sit any longer, he jumped up from the couch and paced. “Then there’s you! I feel things too, and I can’t control myself, knowing that you feel the same.” He clenched and unclenches his jaw. His eyes glowed purple. He dragged his hands down his face, trying to contain his thoughts. “I lived two other lives, and I fucked up this one just like I did the other times. What kind of person does that make me!?”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:54 am

"I don't know!" Lua shouted back. "What do you want from me? Do you want me to tell you to leave? To fuck off and never come back?" She stood, her anger and frustration boiling over. "Do you want me to welcome you with open arms and tell you everything is going to be okay? To tell you that I'll give myself to you, become human and live out our days until we're old?" Her chest was heaving. Throwing her hands up in the air she growled loudly. "I'm just as clueless as you Seth! I'm not even supposed to be here, yet here we are arguing in my damn apartment once again!" She wanted to break something, to punch something to make the confusion and ache go away. The closest thing was a pillow from the couch so the angel grabbed it and hurled it at the wall with a grunt, even though she wanted to throw it at him. She whipped around and stomped over to him, poking him in the chest. "You're the one who made the deal with me." She spoke through gritted teeth, poking him again. "And you're the one who wanted to play games. I wanted to kill you and now all I want to do is kiss you!" She shoved him, her eyes growing misty. "If you're a shitty person then I guess so am I." Lua stood staring at him, hands at her sides in fists, a single tear slowly falling down her cheek.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:15 am

“Yes. Yes. Yes! I want all of it!” Seth boomed, resisting against the tension of the bandages and fisting his hands. The wraps loosened and came undone, soiled with blood. He couldn’t feel the pain through his anger and frustration. His wants sounded crazier and more impossible coming out of her mouth, and it boiled his blood. A vein protruded in his forehead, and his body shook from the intense emotion. His eyes darted to the pillow on the ground, and as he refocused his eyes, the angel was poking him in the chest. He clenched his teeth, taking in everything she said. I should’ve killed them every single of them. I shouldn’t have confronted her. I did this to myself, and I’m paying the price. All of it was true, and it hit him harder each blow. His eyes changed colors haphazardly, flickering between her face and her wings. His hands stayed at his sides and his eyes closed, letting her hit him with words. He staggered back and breathed slowly. Opening his eyes, he connected his gaze, and he visibly softened. He released his hands from its tight ball and relaxed his jaw, wiping the tear away. “I know. I’m sorry.” He sighed. He didn’t know what the apology was going to do. It was the only thing he could think to say for everything he had done.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:47 am

The angel's hands trembled, her eyes closing at his touch. Always with the hands. Slowly she began to relax, more tears streaking her face. With a shuddered breath she turned away from him. "Don't look at me." She mummbled out, trying to wipe the tears as they came. It was embarrassing and she didn't want him to see her cry. This was not how she pictured her evening going, but even so, she was glad he came back. "I'm sorry too." She finally said through sniffles. And she meant it. If she could have snapped her fingers and made everything workout for Seth right then and there she would, but such powers were beyond her. "Can we forget about it all, please? Just for tonight?" Her voice pleaded with him, still facing away.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:31 am

“I won’t.” Seth went around to her front, keeping his head raised and his eyes away and wrapped his arms around the angel. He had to figure out a new plan as to how he was going to deal with Leon and Rowan, and uncertainty worried him. He didn’t know how this was going to work and if he, they’d just hurt more in the end. He didn’t know if he was going to be able to protect Lua. However, he could couldn’t look at her and pretend. It was a hell of a lot easier than killing angels and staying five steps ahead of the enemy. “Yes, we can forget it all tonight.” He rested his chin on top of her head, his hands secured at the lower part of her back. “I wish we could forget forever.” He whispered in her hair. He thought of different scenarios of the past, present, and future. He wondered how’d they meet if they were normal whether it was in an university study group, in an cafe, or a night club. Who would approach the other person first, and if they’d look any different than they did now. What they’d do in their free time or what milestones they’d reach. It was sadistic and detrimental to think about, but he had one night to be Seth and not the Angel Hunter.

“I’m paying for the food this time. You paid last time.”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:36 am

Slowly she sunk into his chest and arms, snaking her arms around his waist. She inhaled his scent, sighing a shuddered breathe, allowing herself to just be with him. Lua could feel his heart beat against the side of her face, beating strong. He felt so warm, almost feverish. It was comforting and she squeezed him a little tighter in response to his whisper. Me too.

The angel couldn't recall ever feeling like this. She had suspected Rowan liked her years and years ago, choosing to ignore it seeing as she didn't feel the same. Lua had loved Rowan like family, but this was different. She could feel Seth's gentle breathe in her hair, the warmth of his hands through her shirt at the small of her back, and the electricity that sent tingles shooting through her body every other place they touched. It was impossible to recall ever feeling this way, even with a simple hug. She never wanted it to stop. "Okay." Was her response to him paying for the food. Her head finally dropped back to look up at his face, eyes meeting. For tonight it's okay.

A knock came to the door and she mentally cursed all that had ever interrupted them before. It was like the universe was playing some sick joke. "That's probably the pizza." Her clear blue eyes stayed on him, voice soft. Her palms moved to his waist as she begrudgingly pulled away, not quite ready to let him go. In her head she had to convince herself it was fine. Tonight you're just Lua and Seth. It's okay. Every other time they got physically close, Seth would pull away and push her farther. Her fingertips grazed his waist, finally letting go. Lua made her way back over to the couch, picking up the knocked over first aid kit and the abandoned pillow, before sitting. After the pizza, she was determined for them to enjoy themselves uninterrupted. She reached for her phone and turned it off so no pesky calls would come in and no one else should be coming to the apartment. Lua created their little bubble, everything else be damned.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:01 pm

With his lowered guard, his head shot up at the sound of the knock; his jaw clenched and his grip tightened. His body automatically registered threats and triggered his fight or flight response. Oh right, the pizza. His hands covered hers. He didn’t want to let her go for the fear that she might disappear. It’s just me and her tonight. It’s okay. Seth could’ve drilled it in his head a million times, but he couldn’t let his guard down too much. Her fingers slipped from his touch and watched Lua go into living room before he decided to answer the door. He looked through the peep hole to make sure it was the pizza and not an angel. He paid for the food and gave a more than generous tip as if it’d deter all interruptions from happening tonight. He secured the locks and grabbed plates before he quickly set the hot pizza down on the coffee table. “Careful, it’s hot.” The steam coming off the pizza made him warm, and he had to take off his jacket. Instant relief came as the AC air cooled his skin. And he started to relax, putting his guard down gradually. Checking that his bandages were in tact, he set down a plate for her and looked for the best slice. On his second slice, a thought popped up in his head.

“If you could make the perfect guy, what would he be like?”