Escaping Lenora (Umbra)

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

DaTurtle

Re: Escaping Lenora (Umbra)

Post by DaTurtle » Mon May 22, 2017 2:56 pm

He leaned in feeling her soft lips against his. He pulled back on queue, and reached up and gently caressed her cheek with his hand. With his other hand he held her side and kept her close. "How are you so beautiful?" He asked flirtatiously with a grin while losing himself in her eyes. He felt relief as if the bad things in his life were behind him, just as long as she was in front of him.

His hand wrapped around the back of her neck as he pulled her in and kissed her forehead one last time. "Shall we try to find the exit?" He offered.
"Pav fucked up..." ~ UmbraSight

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Sun May 28, 2017 7:39 pm

“Oh you flatter me so.” Slyph said, brushing the tips of her fingers across the back of Ren’s hand. Her other hand she slid across Ren’s check as she carefully slipped from his hold. She held a hand out towards him, for him to take as she looked back towards the path they had taken to reach the center of the maze. Leaving, no matter how slow they moved, would likely be slower than it took for them to arrive. All they had to do was follow the cut vines Ren had left to help them get this far. Soon enough they would be on their way to the arena so Ren could take part in the training match.

To prepare for a tournament.

She didn't wish him to join, but so long as they could remain together Slyph felt certainty enough that they would get through this and return home.

Still, she also hated that this moment had to pass so soon.

It was nice, being able to act for a spell that the past few years, the war, the attack on her manner, her enslavement was nothing more than her imagination. So, she smiled and waited for Ren to take her hand.

“Back through the maze again? Well, let us try to get lost then.” She said.
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:32 pm

He smirked and took her hand. He noticed the obvious trail they left behind and looked back to her. "Well what's the point of a maze if you know where you're going?" He said and thought of something. "Pherhaps we could play a game for old time sakes?" Ren reffered to when they'd hide in the maze from each other or from adults. "If I find you I win and you owe me a kiss. What's your price if you win?" He asked with an amused grin and gently caressed her hand. He thought back when they played for less, but now the stakes were certainly raised.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:58 pm

"If I win?” She paused pondered the question for a moment, tapping a slim finger against her cheekbone. There was a flash in her eyes, as a smile crept across her lips. A mischievous little grin. A game that had played as children many different times with stakes beyond who would be the winner. Slyph looked past Ren and into the maze. Similar to the one from her home, it would be fun to find a hidden little nook she could hide within. “You have already taken the kiss, so if I win then I have a request of you.”

She turned in place and took a step backwards towards the maze. “So, how much time are you giving me to hide?” She asked, her smile unchanged and the sparkle in her eye not dulled.
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:20 pm

His eyebrow raised as she backed away. Their hands parted with the distance as he appeared surprised by her secrecy. "You mean to insult my price then refuse to tell me what you want?" He thought it over for a few seconds and nodded slowly. "Very well, you get..." He looked around and gave another second to think. "You get to the count of one hundred." He closed his eyes and began the count. "1... 2... 3..." He began and heard her scamper off.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:36 pm

“A count to one hundred? My you are being generous today.” She lingered at the narrow gap between the clearing of the center and the maze beyond. She tapped her index finger on the corner of her lip, her smile a curl of playful mirth. “But you wound me, dear Ren.” She slid her hand from her lip and placed it above her heart feigning as if she had been struck. “I did not insult your prize, only said that I would have taken it for myself had you not chosen it first.” She laughed, smooth and easy as she turned away, and vanished into the maze.

She could hear Ren counting as she went, but with each turn and twist Slyph took, his voice became a little softer until she could barely hear it at all. For the first part of her journey Slyph followed the path that Ren had cleared, easy going until she reached an intersection. To her left an easy path, and to her right thick vines which crisscrossed the path, barring easy passage. She stooped low, squeezed through a gap and continued along the path ducking and wriggling along as she pressed through the vines and overgrown shrubs.

Her dress proved to be her greatest hinderance. The long skirt and soft cloth made for easy targets for curious branches and grabbing vines. Holding her long skirt up with one hand helped, somewhat, but progress remained slow until she reached her destination. A shaded bench at the foot of a peaceful looking female statue, closer inspection showed the statue to be that of an elf. A familiar face, but one Slyph couldn't easily place.

With a pleased hum, Slyph sat down on the bench, drew in a breath of the sweet air, and waited.

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:55 am

After Ren finished counting he followed the obvious path back and looked for any disturbances in the vines. He knew she wouldn't stick to the clear path if she was trying to conceal herself, moving some vines should be an obvious give away. That's when he noticed a break on the path where they didn't enter, this could be what he was looking for. 'She may be related to wood elves but she certainly didn't share their instincts.' He thought to himself as he followed what he belived to be her tracks.

As he searched the path he began to realize the irony in his previous statement. All the paths lead to dead ends and showed no signs of Slyph, he let off a quiet sigh but noticed something through the thin gaps of the bushes. He parted the branches revealing the corridor on the other side, and across from it he could see parts of Slyph's back through the holes in the wall. He smirked and quietly squeezed through into the corridor and slowly moved his arms through the bush before suddenly grabbing her shoulders and yelled in an attempt to startle her.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:24 pm

Slyph leaned back on her bench, resting her weight upon her arms as she looked up at the sky above. It was a lovely day, cool in the shade with a pleasant breeze, lazy clouds drifting in the deep blue of the sky, no sounds from the city beyond. Soothing. She let her eyes drift closed as she listened to the sounds of the maze, the gentle rustle of leaves touched by the wind, and -- her ears perked to the sound. Faint footsteps? The wind moved a branch near her, on odd rattling sound.

Was it the wind or someone drawing close?

Slyph couldn’t tell.

Her blue eyes slid open and she watched the opening she had used to enter her hiding place. Nothing nor anyone passed by the thin opening through the leaves. Slyph released a breath, and her shoulders relaxed. Perhaps it had been her imagination after al-

A pair of hands grasped her shoulders and there was a dreadful roar. Slyph instinctively flinched, her shoulders tightening, her eyes squeezing closed. From her lips, a yelp escaped, more of a surprised “oh” which caught in her throat along with a sharp intake of breath. She was still for a moment as her heart pounded wildly against her breast before she finally opened her eyes.

“Ren!” She called, without checking to see who it had grabbed her. “I’ll get you for that.” She said looking back over her shoulder.

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:54 am

Ren chuckled at her yelp and stuck his head through a thin breach in the hedge. "Are you now?" He asked sarcastically as he pushed the rest of his body through and proudly sat down next to her. As he looked around he began to see why she let her guard down so easily, the maze seemed to shield them from any signs of civilization. They were practically in their own world while they were in there.

Ren reached over and wrapped around her shoulders. "It's funny isn't it? You wouldn't even know there was a world out there. Maybe I'll have one made for Blire Hold?" He thought aloud as he pulled her closer and looked back down to her. "Now I believe you ran off without agreeing to my terms, perhaps there's something else you'd settle for?" He asked speaking smoothly into her ear.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:15 pm

“Why yes, I will.” Slyph said with a thin smile as she scooted to one side to make room for Ren. She leaned into him as he slid into his spot on the bench and draped an arm across her shoulders. She leaned against him, her gaze once more returning skyward. The heat of his body warming her skin.

“It's funny isn't it? You wouldn't even know there was a world out there. Maybe I'll have one made for Blire Hold?" Ren said, holding her close. Slyph gave a faint murmur of agreement. It would be nice to have a maze like this again. Somewhere quiet to reflect. Could the one back at her manner be nurtured back to health? “Now I believe you ran off without agreeing to my terms, perhaps there's something else you'd settle for?" Ren spoke again, slow and smooth, drawing Slyph’s attention. A coy smile bent her soft lips as her blue eyes turned to look at him.

“Why that depends, what exactly did you have in mind?” She asked, with a playful note.