Escaping Lenora (Umbra)

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

DaTurtle

Re: Escaping Lenora (Umbra)

Post by DaTurtle » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Ren woke up and rolled over to his side. Slyph was still there and seemed very relaxed. He decided not to wake her and let her sleep some more. Ren sat up on the side and rubbed his eyes letting them come into focus. He stepped into his wardrobe and dressed himself in noble attire, with black pants and a green tunic with his family's colors. He pushed his feet into dark riding boots when there was a knock at the door.

Ren opened the door expecting to see Evantas, when really it was the elderly keeper. "Lord Howe, there's someone waiting for you in the parlor, he says he has business with you." Ren nodded and thanked the Keeper. Ren walked back over to the bed and secured his sword on to his hip. He looked down to Slyph who happily laid there. He gently brushed her cheek feeling her flawless skin, he thought about how foolish the slavers were for trying to sell her, she wasn't meant for such things and would make any owner's life a living hell. He ducked down and placed a soft kiss on her forehead before leaving.

He walked into the parlor and immediately recognized the red headed man who sat by the fire. He immediately stood up and approached Renard with a smile. "Ah, Lord Howe!" He said and offered his hand to shake. Ren shook it and gave a smile back, the man seemed very pleased today and rather excited. "Mr..." Ren began. "Oh my name! I am Alexander Everlew, at your service! Come, sit we have much to discuss." Renard sat down across from Alexander, the parlor was designed to look vaguely like a cafe, windows lined the wall and let in natural light. Alexander had already ordered breakfast and had a cup of warm tea next to him. "Will you have anything?" He asked and was ready to call for a waiter. "No thank you, I'll be eating later." Ren said and leaned forward. "Now what is it you're here for exactly?" Ren asked deciding to get right to business. Mr. Everlew took a sip of his tea and placed it down. "It's simple really, I am a playwright, probably this city's best." He said boldly. "I like to base my performances on actual events, and for the longest time we heard rumors of an arranged marriage between two noble children of different races. Soon we learned it was between your house and Lady Sela's." He said and Ren knew where this is going. "And you want to make our story into a play?" He asked and sat back. "Yes, a love story between two people of different races. It could help calm the tension between the kingdoms as well, due to your recent actions it's clear that you want that as well... But there's one problem." Ren looked at him with a confused gaze. "A problem?" He aksed. "There isn't a dramatic ending... I get that it may seem silly but there simply isn't anyway I can make an interesting ending unless you do it yourself." Everlew explained. Ren sighed and thought for a moment. This play could calm tensions and finally bring and end to these conflicts, Ren could return Slyph to her home and wouldn't have to worry for her safety.
"Pav fucked up..." ~ UmbraSight

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 pm

Wakefulness returned with a breath, a sharp cut of air as heavy lids slowly slid open. She felt a long moment of disorientation as she looked out at unfamiliar surrounding. Her brow wrinkled, and she slowly raised herself up onto her left elbow as the dull fog of sleep began to dissipate and the memories of the day before crept back into her mind. The auction, reuniting with Ren, the attack at the tavern. She ran the tips of her right hand across her eyes, and she contemplated returning to sleep.

But, with a yawn, Slyph instead relented to another day. She ran a hand through her bangs and with a groggy yawn glanced over at Ren’s half of the bed. Crumpled sheets, but no Ren in sight. Her shoulders slumped, she released a puff of air, before finally sliding her legs over the side of the bed. She paused for a moment to adjust a strap of her short underdress which had slithered down her arm before finally rising to her feet.

With groggy and uncertain footfalls Slyph made her way to the bathroom to wash off her face. Markedly more awake after a splash or two of cold water Slyph exited the bathroom and made her way over to a dresser. A minute or two later, Slyph was adjusting the skirt on her dress while slipping her feet into her boots. With one final yawn and stretch of her tired muscles, Slyph walked to the door and pulled it open, to take a quick peek outside.
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:00 am

Right as she did Ren was heading back from the parlor and opened the door all the way. "Good morning." He said with a grin as he walked into the room and closed the door behind him. "Well it was just talking to our red headed friend and it turns out, he's a playwright." He explained as he walked over to his desk in the corner and began writing something down on a small peice of paper without sitting down. He took a bird cage with a live pigeon inside and pulled it out tying the note to it's leg before letting it out the window. He turned back to Slyph and continued. "He basically wants to put our story into a play, the only problem is there's no dramatic ending. This might seem crazy but I might be staying for the tournament..." Ren said and began to walk back to the door. "What I'm going to have to do is send you to Blire Hold while I stay here and win the tournament."

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:38 am

With her head cocked at a quizzical angle, and her arms crossed tight across her chest Slyph watched as Ren scratched out a short message. A faint frown creased her lips at Ren talking about sending her away. Go to the Blire Hold while Ren remained here to fight in some tournament? To provide some playwright a better end to their story? She remained next to the door as Ren released his messenger and made his own way over.

“If you are staying to participate in some tournament, then I too will be staying.” She said, her tone hard and gaze unflinching. After a moment her posture relaxed ands faint smile crept onto her lips. “Besides, what story world the playwright have if the maiden was sent away so soon?”
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:47 pm

He laughed lightly. "You haven't seen any human plays have you?" He approached her and offered his arm. "Tell you what, let's discuss it over breakfast?" He offered and guided her over to the door and held it open for her.

He sat across from her in the cafe of the lodge. Everlew had left already and they seemed to be the only couple there. The other nobles would probably be arriving today along with the king, who had been absent from the capitol due to the war. Durring times of war the king is moved to his own hold for extra security. While he was away the city council who runs the city while the king is away was overthrown by the cultists, their High Seer Justalyne The Holy, was now in charge of the city, her private security of Enforcers carried out her will and constantly butted heads with the Old Guard who were commanded by the King. Ren knew the King was planning something and it was going to include the tournament somehow. He didn't want Slyph to be caught in the crossfire.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:28 am

“Human plays are dull, anyway.” Slyph said, her eyes sliding to one side. Maybe she didn't know many human plays beyond a scant few classics, but she had no desire to hide away in some distant fortress if Ren was going to remain here and fight. If there was something he could do, then there must be some way she could help. With a nod and a faint smile, she took his offered hand and walked along with him to breakfast.

The cafe was still mostly empty by the time that the two of them arrived and took their seats. Slyph idly turned the pages of the menu she had been offered. An assortment, she assumed of human foods, hardy, heavy sounding meals. She paused between pages and glanced up at Ren.

“So, you will be participating in a tournament that could help to end the war?” Slyph said, her voice barely a murmur as it escaped her lips. A partial explanation she had squeezed out of him during their walk. “And we are certain that we can trust the playwright?”

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:08 pm

Ren nodded as he looked through the menu. "The tournament might help, it will definitely bring some of the nobles back and away from the front." He explained as the waiter placed a cup of coffee in front of Ren and a cup of traditional elf tea in front of Slyph. Ren had ordered the drinks before walking back to fetch Slyph from the room, knowing she could use something to remind her of home.

"As for the playwright, well it couldn't hurt." He began and took a sip of the warm coffee, slowly drink it so he wouldn't burn the inside of his mouth. "I might visit the arena later to partake in a mock battle, for practice." He said with a faint smile to her.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:32 pm

With a steady hand, Slyph poured out a measure of tea into a small cup. She lifted the cup to her lips, but did not take a sip. Instead allowed the cup to warm her hands as she took a breath of the vapor. A sweet, floral smell with a hint of spice, well steeped she could tell. She blew a long stream of air onto the cup before finally taking a long drag of the tea and released a relaxed sigh. A soft smile curled her lips along with a nostalgic feeling of home. She placed the cup down onto the table and looked back to Ren. Contemplated his words.

She didn't know if this was all the playwright desired or not, but he had helped them. If he weren't there, then Ren wouldn't have been able to buy her freedom. So, perhaps she should grant the man a measure of trust? She closed her eyes for a moment and took another slow sip.

“A mock battle in the arena?” She asked, studying him for a long moment. She shifted in her seat, leaned towards him. “Fine, then. If this is your wish, what should I do to assist you?”

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:57 pm

Ren shrugged, he wasn't sure exactly what to do with her. In human culture women weren't allowed to fight. "I know you won't like this, but you can't really help me with this..." He said and took a longer drink from his cup which had cooled down. He placed the cup down and looked up to her with a faint smile. "I could use some morale support." Said and offered his hand. "No one inspires me quite like you." He gave a reassuring smile in hopes of making her feel better about staying. His words were honest, not a day went by that he didn't think about her, having her back really made him feel like the young man he use to be.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:51 am

A frown bowed her lips as Ren spoke, he wished her to provide moral support from the sidelines? With a sigh she nodded slowly, what else had she expected? She was no fighter, and Ren had planned to send her back to Blire Hold. She shouldn't be surprised that he had no plans for how she could help. A slow, easy smile curled her lips and she took a sip of tea. For now it seemed that was all she needed to do, then there was no point fretting over it. If it could help Ren, and if this crazy plan could end the war then she would play her part.

“If that is what you wish, then it is what I shall do.” Slyph said, placing her cup down. “Just, don't take any unnecessary risks.” She added at a murmur. She was still for a moment before she looked back over her shoulder for the waitress. “So, how about we get some food then? I'm quite hungry.”