Escaping Lenora (Umbra)

DaTurtle

Re: Escaping Lenora (Umbra)

Post by DaTurtle » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:32 am

He smirked and let a faint laugh escape his lips. He shook his head before turning to face her as they walked upstairs. "No my darling, we only need one person acting like you." He joked as they reached the top. "Besides I could never emulate such intellect." He said holding the door for her.

As he followed her into their chambers he closed the door behind them and spotted his armor which now rested on a mannequin. But he had another thing in mind before getting suited for battle. Ren turned to Slyph and gently pulled her in. "Now, I believe it's an elven tradition for women to wish their lover good luck before a battle, am I right?" He asked with a devise smirk lifting her head up with his index finger under her chin.
I'm a 'the glass is half filled with poison' kind of guy.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:11 pm

“Oh, now you care about elven culture then.” Slyph said, a faint smile tracing her lips as Ren drew her close. She made no effort to resist as Ren tilted her head up, but a mischievous twinkle soon found itself within her eyes. She lifted a finger of her own and placed it upon Ren’s lips as if to silence him. She shifted her weight forward and leaned into him while her eyes lingered on his. That glint of mischief split her lips into a wide smile and she rested a hand upon his cheek.

“But do tell me this, is it not human culture for the maiden to withhold the reward until after the knight returns?” Slyph asked, her voice barely a murmur, not that it need to be much louder for her to be heard. She winked, her head faintly tilting to one side.

“Unless you seek to admit my customs superior?”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:01 pm

'Damn...' Ren thought to himself keeping his smirk to hide his feeling of defeat. He leaned in as if to kiss her but his sense of pride kept him back. He looked at her for a second thinking about if he should take her up on the challenge. Ren stood there for a few silent seconds before sighing and shaking his head. "Next time then?" He suggested before leaving her be.

He approached the armor rack and looked over his equipment. His steel plate armor which had survived the war with the elf kingdoms, which was rather impressive since Ren had taken some rather nasty blows that would have killed anyone with weaker armor, but his was sturdy and nearly impenetrable. To the left rested his great sword "Flying Steel" named so becuase of how fast Ren could maneuver cuts. He nodded satisfied with what he saw and began to undo his tunic and removed pieces from the rack. He laid them on the ground in order than threw on his chainmail.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:13 am

“Mhm, if that's your decision, then it's your loss.” Sylph said with a hum as Ren decided his pride was worth more than a kiss. If he could be stubborn, she could well. Or perhaps it was better to say they were both naturally stubborn about their pride. He wanted to wait for his kiss, then she could oblige.

As Ren sorted through his gear, staging it for how he planned to place the heavy plate metal on, Sylph took a seat on a nearby chair to watch. She had witnessed knights and men-at-arms dressing for battle before, usually one of the female elves, and this held a similar tension to the air.

“Is it hard to armor yourself unaided?” She asked.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:36 am

e fit his head through the chainmail and looked over to her. "That's why I was hoping you would help, if you'd be so kind." He asked fitting his arms through the sleeves. After putting on his thin gambeson he began to secure the steel plates by tying them on to the fabric. He looked to her and grinned as he thought back to their childhood. "Didn't you use to say fighting was a worthless annoyance and you would never like me if I was only good for fighting?" He said recalling the memory of when she used that to keep Ren from getting into a fight with other boys. "Look at you now, helping me get ready to fight." He said and lightly laughed.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:56 am

“I don't know if you can compare this to the petty scraps you always rushed to in your youth.” A smile split her lips while Slyph’s fingers danced, tightening down leather straps to keep the metal tight and in place, and easing joins of armor into their proper locations as Ren added them. The armor was far heavier than the platemail she was used to seeing, and scarred from the years of hard use and wear. A facts she wasn't fully certain how she felt about, this armor had kept Ren alive during the war, which meant it had kept him alive as he fought and killed her people.

He was here with her now, but how much blood had been spilled? She felt happy he had finally returned, grateful he had rescued her from a life of -- she shuddered to think what, but still somewhere in her heart she wasn't certain what to feel about him. Still, she helped him put on the armor, and made certain it was on correctly. It wouldn't do to have him get hacked to pieces.

“But, I can appreciate the irony of it all.” She added with a faint laugh. “You best not make me regret it.”

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:44 pm

"Pherhaps I will make you regret it?" He said taking on a teasing tone. "I'll go out on to the field and call your name, then chant your name as I beat these zealots with the pommel of my sword. All in your honor!" He joked as they finished with the last plate.

He looked over the armor in the mirror double checking all the straps and stretched a bit to test it's flexibility. "Everything seems in order, good job my love." He said and took his helmet and held it against his side. "What do you think, do I look heroic?" He asked with a cocky grin.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:28 pm

“Would you now? Why if you are going to go out there chanting my name you best win.” A sly smile crept onto Sylph’s lips as she finished the last knot. She took a step back to give Ren space to check the handiwork out in the mirror to be certain it was satisfactory. “Why, I don't know how I would survive the shame if you went out chanting my name and lost.” She watched as Ren tested his armor, seeming to find the fit and movement to his liking.

“What do you think, do I look heroic?" Ren asked, resting his helmet on his hip as a cocky grin bent his lips. Sylph rested her hand on a hip, and exaggerated looking Ren up and down before nodding slowly.

“Why, I dare say you might look the part, but, I believe I will reserve comment until after I have seen you in action.” Sylph winked. “But I’m you won't disappoint me.”

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:11 am

Ren approached her, pieces of armor clinking against others. He kept the same proud expression. "I'm sure I won't disappoint you either." He said confidently.

He recoiled back allowing his opponent charge forward. Muscles instinctively began to twist his sword around smacking away his opponent's. Ren stepped forward letting go with his left hand and grabbing at his opponent's armor for leverage as his right hand guided the sword forward. The man he held raised his arms and Ren released. Other knights practiced forms around them performing similar maneuvers they learned from the old sword dualing manuscripts. Each knight had studied the manuscripts since boyhood and each had become masters. His partner nodded with approval and slugged Ren's shoulder.

"Good news, you haven't rusted since the war ended. You might just stand a chance yet." Sir Jorres said who was Ren's friend since childhood, their friendship was put on hold when Ren left with his father, but after returning the two renewed their friendship and fought side by side durring the war. Ren smirked under his visor and punched him back. "You're lucky I'm holding back." He joked and readied his sword, it was his turn to be parried.

Throughout the practice duals Ren cuaght himself looking up into the stands to check on Slyph who sat with the Wives and Noblewomen, despite Adam Jorre's reinsurance that his wife would protect Slyph from any intrusive questions from the other women. Ren still worried for her. He then felt something glance against his helmet which made him snap back into the fight. "Cuaght you again lover boy." Adam gloated and spun his sword. "C'mon, Serrah is watching out for her, that woman could passive aggressively tell off a raging bear!" He said and threw a slash which Ren deflected.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:50 am

Perhaps she should have remained in the room. Not that she exactly found that the sparring made her feel squeamish, but rather she couldn't help but feel, do to his constant looks in her direction that she was making for a distraction. In sparring it was no true worry, but if he were distracted during the actual fights? It was a thought she would rather not entertain. Something to talk about tonight, perhaps she supposed, not that she was exactly certain how to broach this particular subject.

Something she could worry about when the time came, for now she would just watch through the fights. On the brighter side of a dark cloud, however, Ren seemed quite adapt with his bladework, even if he himself was distracted. He wasn't going to bring great disgrace upon her or himself, at the very least.

And, at the very least the noble women around her weren't being too pushy, even if she could practically feel their eyes as they kept stealing glances in her direction.