Escaping Lenora (Umbra)

DaTurtle

Re: Escaping Lenora (Umbra)

Post by DaTurtle » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:29 am

Ren nodded in agreement. With a raise if his arm he summoned one of the waiters, they were trained to only approach nobles when summoned as to not disturb them, while Ren wouldn't mind their presence some of the other nobles would. After taking the orders the waiter bowed and backed away to kitchen.

He looked back to her, a plan had just formulated in his head. "You know the gardener that originally designed the garden at your father's mansion also udesigned a maze here, it's not too far away. If you'd like we could spend some time toghether, before I have to start training?" He suggested with his reassuring smile.
"Pav fucked up..." ~ UmbraSight

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:21 pm

“The same designer?” Slyph echoed. Her family's gardens had been beautifully designed and maintained. A quiet, calming space she had spent many an afternoon strolling through both alone or with Ren. She doubted much remained of those gardens now, she had remembered the sight of rising flames as she was drug from her home. Slyph looked down, and ran her fingernail along the edge of her teacup, watching the amber liquid shiver as it was disturbed. It would take years to restore the estate to its former glory, and she could only hope the village had fared better.

A situation she could do nothing about, being so far away from home.

“A walk through this maze sounds like it would be lovely.” Slyph said lifting her cup of tea. “Let us see how well it compares to what he designed for my family.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:42 am

Ren smirked glad to hear her approval of his suggestion. Eventually the waiter returned bringing their orders and distributed the separate plates.

Renard looked over the entrance of the maze. The entrance looked overgrown with vines concealing the path which was a far cry from the rest of the park in high town. Ren figured it'd still be fun to explore with Slyph, he looked over with a smirk. "Well it's still a maze..." He said and let go of her hand which he had been holding. He used his free hand to draw his sword cut away at the vines. The hedgerows hadn't appeared to morph too drastically since their last trimming. He imagined the city council ordered the gardeners to let the maze fall apart as a sort of protest against the designer. Ren stepped over the vines and looked back to Slyph. "Come on Slyph it'll be like old times." He said and offered his hand.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:47 am

Despite how it had been overgrown, Slyph could still see the intent of the original design. The archway was shaded by creeping vines which had closed the entrance without someone to trim away the young runners the vines sent out, the hedges still showed their intended path although they swelled past their boundaries, grass sprouted between stepping stones where sand had once been. A beautiful space, neglected, left to time and nature to do with as they pleased. Still there was something oddly peaceful about it, like coming across vines crawling up the walls of still ruins. Abandoned, crumbling, but still beautiful in its decay.

She slid her hand in Ren’s as he offered it out for her to take, a smile on her lips.

“Well, let's try not to lose our way too badly then.” She said, starting forward.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:41 am

Ren smirked and laughed as he helped her into the maze. "It's a maze Slyph getting lost is part of the appeal." He said as he looked around on the inside. The hedges hadn't grown out of their plots of dirt letting the stone walkways remain visible and the paths still somewhat clear apart from the vines which grew over the stone. At some turns and spaces Ren would have to use his sword to clear the path. The maze was very similar to the one at Slyph's family mansion the gardener who designed it clearly liked his style.

After several turns, dead ends and stumbling Ren slashed through a thick layer of vines and slid his sword back on to his hip. "Finally." Ren said with relief as he slid his sword on to his hip. "We finally found the center." He said and looked around. The center seemed well preserved, the square room had two stone benches on both sides and a statue across from the entrance. Ren glared at the statue which looked odly familiar to him, but it wasn't the same as the one at the original which featured a statue of the Elvish sun god. This one before them had two stone men shaking hands, upon closer inspection the man on the left had pointed ears. "A human and elf shaking hands?" Ren thought allowed as he looked at the peice.

Ren didn't notice it at first, the small panel laid by the side of the statue since the alter that presented it long ago was destroyed. Ren squatted down and grabbed the small metal panel which had something engraved on it. "May peace bloom from the houses of Howe and Selea.." Ren read to himself and froze.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:05 pm

"A shame, this place would have been beautiful if it had been maintained.” Slyph said with a wistful note to her voice as she sat down on one of the smooth stone benches. She reached behind herself and ran a finger along one of the creeping vines which had crawled its way up the shrubbery behind the bench. Tight buds ran the length of the vine, the same type which had been within the maze back home, a flowering vine which would be in bloom sweet smelling purple flowers soon. Given a week or two, this maze would be awash with colors and floral scents.

But, for now it was just relaxing. A quiet space untouched by the rumble of the city, a place she could almost pretend she wasn't quite so far from home. Though, the central statue was different. Two figures instead of one, a familiar looking elf, and a human shaking hands. It wasn't hard to guess why this maze had been so woefully upkept.

Still, both figures were familiar. The elf was like her father, similar stature, similar high cheekbones, and slender grace. And the human…

“Did you find something interesting, Ren?” Sylph asked as her companion as she squatted down on the other side of the statue and picked something up.

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Fri May 05, 2017 3:39 pm

Ren thought about their relationship, and how they were meant to be an arranged marriage. Not many knew about it and he wasn't sure if Slyph knew herself, they had never spoken about it since. Ren truly felt something for her but if he was in love with her he didn't want it just to be because he was suppose to. He heard her voice and noticed her next to him. Ren noticed his heart beating faster anxiously. He took a deep breath trying to keep it quiet as to not make his nerves obvious. He pushed his lips into a smirk as he turned to her.

He placed the tablet down and slowly took her hand and gently pulled her closer. He wasn't sure what he was doing but it felt right. He felt her smooth flawless skin realizing how rough his hands were compared to her's. "Slyph I.." He was able to say but couldn't seem to find any words. He took a second to look down and laughed lightly at himself for looking so foolish. He looked back up and into those brilliant eyes of her's. "Slyph, I've always loved you. We've been there for each other since the beginning, and I know I haven't been showing it to the best of my ability lately but..." He felt his heart skip beats but didn't appear to be affected. "I want to be with you no matter which city or what others think. Just know that when I tell you that I love you, it's not for the sake of my kingdom or yours." He said and lifted her hand up and held it with both of his. "I love you, because you're the center of my world. Everything I've done was because I wanted you." He said realizing how long he's been waiting to say that.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu May 11, 2017 9:06 pm

“I…” Slyph managed, her voice was low, barely audible. A pink flush colored her cheeks as Ren guided her close. Her lips, momentarily parted, slowly turned into a smooth smile as Ren spoke. There was a pleasant feeling in her breast, a slow warmth, a nostalgic ache like finally returning to somewhere she had long ago left behind. They had been separated for years, and still she had known since for a long time had she not? Slyph sighed, a flutter of breath through her lips as her shoulders relaxed.

She looked up at Ren, and she chuckled so faintly there was barely any sound. “What took you so long to finally say it?” She said, giving Ren’s hand a squeeze. “A girl can't wait forever, you know.” She reached up and placed her free hand upon the back one Ren’s.

“I love you too, Ren.” She said, her voice soft and easy.

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Wed May 17, 2017 12:36 am

Ren smiled and held Slyph by her thin waist. His right hand slowly rose up and lifted her chin with the sides of his fingers. "Sorry about the wait." He inspected her flawless skin before finding himself lost in her eyes. His thumb gently gently brushed against her as he slowly tilted his head and leaned forward to kiss her.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun May 21, 2017 5:56 pm

Slyph rested against Ren as he drew her close. She laced her fingers behind his neck as he leaned close. Her eyes lingering on his as their lips drew close before their eyelids fluttered closed as their lips brushed. The kiss was sweet, a tingle of energy in her lips as her pulse quickened in pace, turned to an excited thrum. After a moment’s pass, their lips parted and Slyph drew a breath. Her lips turned into a sly smile as she looked up at Ren.

“That was worth the wait.” She said gently, making no move to slide away from the embrace.