Escaping Lenora (Umbra)

DaTurtle

Re: Escaping Lenora (Umbra)

Post by DaTurtle » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:46 pm

As Ren continued his training with Adam a woman stood and started toward Slyph and Serrah. Lady Serrah noticed her first, she whispered. "Watch out for this one." Slyly warning her.

"Lady Serrah Jorres and Lady Sylph Nephenee Selea, so glad you both could make it." The noblewoman said. She was young but well developed as she spoke with a perfect tone that carried well but didn't alter the soothing nature of her voice and held a proper posture that would put most older noblewomen to shame. She wasn't tall but stood high enough to not be talked down to and had a head of amber red hair that could draw every eye to her. She was also the same woman from the auction who tried buying Slyph.

"May I sit?" She asked gesturing to the empty seat next to them.
I'm a 'the glass is half filled with poison' kind of guy.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:34 am

Sylph’s looked away from Ren sparring down on the field below at the sound of approaching footsteps. Had someone finally worked up the courage to stop staring and try to come tell her off for being present? If one would stoop to being so petty then -- whatever indignant thought had been in her mind ended when she caught sight of the woman. She was pretty, body well developed, posture without flaw, but it was the striking red hair that caught Slyph’s eye. That hair Slyph could recognize anywhere. The woman from the auction who had attempted to purchase her.

Slyph dipped her head down in a formal bow before she motioned to the seat.

“Please do, but it seems you have me and my companion at a disadvantage. Might have have the pleasure of your name as well?” Slyph said, her own speech well polished, despite the momentary shock.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:10 pm

She smiled brightly and returned the gesture. "Oh of course, I am Lady Fian De Leore." She said before sitting next to the others. Serrah said nothing and only gave a smile hiding her true thoughts behind it.

"I do wish there isn't any ill will between us." She said looking over with friendly smile. "I am glad Lord Howe was able to acquire you, anyone of noble blood doesn't belong in the hands of such savage cultists." She said with a bitter tone when mentioning the cult. She then cleared her throat and continued. "Anywho, how is Rennard, still the charmer as ever?"

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:29 am

“I harbor no ill will towards you, rest assured.” Slyph said as the other noblewoman took her seat. The woman seemed friendly, but that was easy enough to fake was it not? And was she really at a slave market for such a noble reason? Did that matter much? She was not a slave of the cult nor property of any other, being wary of de Leore didn't require her to be rude.

“Lord Howe definitely has his moments, as always.” Slyph said with a smile. “Do you know him well? I do apologize if so, I do not know much of his human aquatiences.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:48 pm

She smiled and gave a simple nod. "Yes, we know each other quite well. My family worked closely with him durring the war, we were his biggest supporter in fact." She said with pride. "My father even proposed an arranged marriage and offered your's truly to be his bride, since the young Lord and I had grown fond of each other." The Lady explained. "That is past history however. My father has since passed and my brother took his place, talks of marriage faded into obscurity."

De Leore appeared a bit disheartened when she mentioned the proposed marriage never coming through. The Lady then let her normal smile show as she leaned forward and whispered into Slyph's ear. "But I must say I am relieved, for I have something you will wish to know, seek me out tonight and I will share what I know." She softly said before pulling back. The young woman stood once more and gave another bow. "Until next time." She said and left the two. "Lady De Leore is quite the odd character isn't she?" Lady Serrah said as soon as De Leore was away. "Some say she turned to witchcraft after her father passed, apparently she's been having visions." She said and chuckled lightly.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:17 pm

“Witchcraft you say?” Sylph repeated, her gaze following after De Leore as the woman walked away. Another fiancé of Ren was she? Something to be worried about? Was it something to do with why she wanted to speak her with tonight? Perhaps not, likely not. But what was it the good lady knew that she wished to share? Was it to do with the cult?

Something she could find out about tonight, Sylph supposed.

“Human scryers are uncommon things, though I suppose a lady would have the resources to find one,” Sylph said, her lips dipping down into a frown as she returned her gaze to her companion. “Though who knows, sometimes idle rumors have some measure of truth to them.” Sylph said with a smile.

“Is there anything else about her you happen to know Lady Serrah?”

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Lady Serrah thought for a second before shaking her head. "I'm not sure if there's much else I could say, sure there have been rumors circulating of her supposed new found powers but most of which are only stories told in sewing circles." She said looking over to the elf, then back to her husband and Rennard, they both watched as other ladies swooned over the knights or gossiped.

Lord Howe looked down at his clothes and straightened his tunic. Unlike the armor he wore only a few hours ago, his formal attire weighed less but fit tighter, almost forcing him to keep a good posture. Despite the slight discomfort he did enjoy the weight off his shoulders, but he did wish he could relax his back. He shifted in his carriage seat trying to get some sort of back support before giving up and letting an exhausted sigh leave his mouth.

The carriage rocked as they traveled over the stone road of the city to the banquet hall. All the carriages moved together in a line following the king in his golden carriage. As they rode through the city citizens gathered on the sides of the streets and watched in admiration as the nobles passed by. Most threw flowers, some threw harsh words but almost all fell silent as Ren and Slyph passed by. Ren looked over to the woman who sat next to him, he had found her to be very stunning in the new dress but he knew the onlookers wouldn't notice it. He expected there to be hecklers or some form of profanity to be hurled at them, but some how the silence was more unnerving to him. He calmly reached over and cupped her hand. Slyph had been quiet since the sparring finished and Ren figured it was probably a sort of stage fright. He gave her a reassuring smile and squeezed her hand. "You must forgive them, such beauty is foreign to them." He said trying to lighten the mood.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:03 am

Sylph rested her hands upon her lap, as she gazed out upon the citizens that they passed. It was stranger, in its own way how the crowd seemed to be receiving the two of them as they passed. It was not her dress, she knew, for what noble lady was not wearing on, so that of course simply left her race did it not? But, silence was not what she had expected, heckling? Yes. Perhaps a piece of over ripened fruit or a stone from some brave discontent, but silence?

She wasn’t certain how exactly she should take silence, but it left her feeling uneasy.

She looked up, her lips curling into a small smile as Ren took hold of her hand and spoke.

“Oh, do you believe that to be the case my brave knight?” Sylph asked, squeezing his hand with her own, “perhaps they are simply in awe of that performance you had put on in the arena?” She joked in return.

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:58 pm

Ren shrugged, the expression on his face hinting that she might be right.

As their exposed carriage passed an ambitious citizen was able to fling a rotten tomato towards their direction. Rennard barely saw it coming but was just able to raise his other arm which he concealed by his side. The vegetable bounced off the metal of Ren's shield and it's insides exploded outward.

Guards quickly apprehended the man only to be called off by Ren. "If I had nothing to eat but rotten food, I'd be angry as well." He explained to the guards.

Ren sat back down and took a rag and began wiping juice off of his shield. 'Between the cult collecting tythes and the war that drained our resources I don't blame them for being outraged by my sudden turn of heart...' Ren thought to himself and placed his shield arm back to his side.

The Banquet went well despite one instance where Ren had to defend Slyph's honor, this wasn't uncommon durring tournament banquets but the other lord had crossed the line. After some seperation and reflection both apologized and settled their differences. The rest of the banquet passed by peacefully.

Ren undid his formal jacket and finally let his back relax. He looked over to Sylph next to him and gently rested the jacket over her shoulders as they sat together in the garden. The other lords continued to celebrate in the banquet hall but the two decided to catch a few brief moments of silence together.

Ren reached over to his flaggon and took a drink of ale and cleared his throat. "It's been an interesting night no?"

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:15 am

“After yesterday and today, I am starting to think that strange shall be our new normal.” Sylph mused as she reached up and pulled Ren’s jacket snug against her shoulders. She gazed back at the lights of the still ongoing party, a spot of light in the darkening sky. Voices drifted to them on the wind, though the individual words were long lost.

She was still not quite certain what she disliked more, disgruntled peasants throwing rotten fruit at her for being an elf, or dealing with the backhanded comments of high society. Still, better than being in chains, and she was still with Ren. So long as they remained together they could make do.

With a sigh, she rested her shoulder against his, and looked up at him, a smile on her lips. “You are quite troublesome, you know.” She said, with a faint chuckle.