[1x1] Rite of Passage

User avatar
DMLyJa
Jr. Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:23 am
Gender: Female
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: [1x1] Rite of Passage

Post by DMLyJa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:38 am

“You’re….right….”

The words slipped past her lips as she fell into slumber, her mind traveling to her world of dreams within her head. The cool breeze blows over the encampment, bringing with it the scents of the woods, some that differed from where the village stood. The woods grew darker as the fire began to die down, the pile of sticks sitting near it, ready for use. Her hand remained on the bow at her side as it became apparent that she had fallen asleep, giving in to the exhaustion of the trip.

~~~Next Morning~~~

The twang of her bowstring would fill the area a little ways from the camp. She had already returned a few times to leave the rabbits bodies in the shaded grass before moving out to collect more. Its not that she was famished, but it was one of her preferred past times. This allowed her the clarity to think without her emotions but with logic alone. The arrow launched from the bow and slid through the rabbit easily; its attempt to run away faded within a few lunges of its legs.

Rising up, she walked through the tall grass, her eyes raising towards the sun before she stops moving. Her gaze lowered to the black rabbit before grabbing it by the back legs and begins to walk her way back to the camp. She would move quietly but not silently, attempting not to rouse Magnus as she walks past. Setting the bow aside, her takes her dagger and begins the process of cleaning the hares.

A new fire had been built when she rose early before the sunrise and with some tending to, she kept it going through her small journey back and forth. Whether she had disturbed him each time with her trips, she didn’t know, but she certainly did her best to keep as quiet as possible, if for no other reason, out of respect for her traveling companion.
Current Active RP's I Am Participating In:

Sirens Call Tavern - Belia Frelve'len | Tempted Fates - Fayette 'Faye' Delsh
Rite Of Passage - Anniyah 'Ann' Crest | A Long Journey - Sarkin V'leppe

Thanks for all the fun folks!!

TheDarkOne
Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:41 pm
Contact:

Re: [1x1] Rite of Passage

Post by TheDarkOne » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:52 pm

As he opened his eyes slowly, gazed out across the glade they rested in, the light breeze carrying some leaves across the grass. He brought his hand up to wipe the sleep from his eyes, his head somewhat sore. It wasn't often he had this much sleep, always having to get up early in the morning to tend to the animals, and it showed. Rolling onto his back, he noticed that Anniyah was already up, and not only that, but had managed to hunt a small battalion of rabbits! Magnus felt some shame as he had simply slept in rather than helping gather, but it was already done. Pushing himself up to a seated position with his left knee propped up, he threw his arms out wide and stretched, groaning as the sleep from the night before faded away.

"Someone's been busy" he grumbled through a yawn, folding his legs and sitting next to the fire. Reaching for his bag, he took out his waterskin and drank deeply, finishing with a gasp of air. Sealing it again, he pulled out two strips of jerky, reaching across the setting one next to her on her bedroll before tearing a piece off his own. When he was finished, he wiped his hands on his trousers before warming his hands next to the fire "Sorry for sleeping in so late, we will have to walk in the dark a little now to make good time..."

User avatar
DMLyJa
Jr. Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:23 am
Gender: Female
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: [1x1] Rite of Passage

Post by DMLyJa » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:47 pm

She had briefly jumped at his groan before glancing over her shoulder towards him as he stretched. Turning back to the work at hand, she continued to clean the carcasses before taking a rag to wipe her hands off, the crimson still staining her hands for the moment. "Oh it is fine...as long as your rested for the journey...thats what matters..." her eyes fell to the jerky before she grabbed ahold of her canteen and poured a bit on her hands, using another rag to remove the last of the rabbits blood from her skin. She turns on her heels, taking up the jerky and ripripping a piece off before chewing it.

She watched him for a few moments before turning her gaze around to the setting they found themselves in. She looked in several directions before landing her gaze back upon him. Her mood seemed a bit more lifted and less dreary than their first day together, though she wouldnt have nonoticed yet. "How far are we traveling today?" She didnt want to rush him so soon after awakening but her mind had already been roaming for hours now. She tucked her brown hair behind her ears before glancing back to the rabbits.
Current Active RP's I Am Participating In:

Sirens Call Tavern - Belia Frelve'len | Tempted Fates - Fayette 'Faye' Delsh
Rite Of Passage - Anniyah 'Ann' Crest | A Long Journey - Sarkin V'leppe

Thanks for all the fun folks!!

TheDarkOne
Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:41 pm
Contact:

Re: [1x1] Rite of Passage

Post by TheDarkOne » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:32 pm

At the mention of how far they would be travelling, Magnus retrieved the map from his back begore shuffling over to the other side of the fire, joining her on her bedroll. Unfurling it across his legs, he was easily able to identify where they were from the route he had jotted down the night before. "Let's have a look here..." Magnus said, tracing his finger along the path they were to take. It diverged not long after joining the forest, splitting into two with one heading down in a more direct route to the city while another made its way more north before joining up with the main road. A small square sat on the edge of the forest, which he could only attribute to an inn "We could take the southern path, we could camp just outside the forest and we could even make it before nightfall I think"

"The other might take us to this inn here just after the sunset, if you prefer a softer bed. I think I have enough money for a room..." Magnus pondered, heading back to his own pack and leaving the map with Anniyah. After having a quick check of the money he saved up, they could afford one room in the inn, maybe even enough for some food depending on how much they charged. While he was there, he threw his belt on, tightening it around him "What's the call?"

User avatar
DMLyJa
Jr. Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:23 am
Gender: Female
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: [1x1] Rite of Passage

Post by DMLyJa » Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:33 am

She had adapted to his presence, not even shying away as he came over to join her. Taking another bite of her jerky, she leaned closer even as she took in the details of the map. She listened to the options and watched as he rose up to move to his pack. She took up the map in his absence and weighed the options within her mind.

She leaned back on her hands, the map draped over her lap as a slow smile curled over her lips. She swayed her feet to and from for a koment before she nodded to herself. " I wouldnt mind seeing what people are like outside the village...you can say i am feeling a bit adventerous today I suppose..." Sitting back up, she folded the map back up appropriately before moving to stand near him, the map now being offered to him.

"My father have given me a few coins as well...So...I can help if needed...besides...we got some bunnies if all else fails..." Reaching back, she separated her hair into three sections and brought her long brown locks into a braided twist as she moved to where the wood pile had been that night. She took up the leather tie and tightened it to the ends of hair before she begins to gather the rabbits up. She glanced back over her shoulder to him before a soft smile escapes her and she continues to pack up.
Current Active RP's I Am Participating In:

Sirens Call Tavern - Belia Frelve'len | Tempted Fates - Fayette 'Faye' Delsh
Rite Of Passage - Anniyah 'Ann' Crest | A Long Journey - Sarkin V'leppe

Thanks for all the fun folks!!

TheDarkOne
Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:41 pm
Contact:

Re: [1x1] Rite of Passage

Post by TheDarkOne » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:50 am

"Well let's pack quickly, I'd hate for you to lose that spirit before we get underway" Magnus said brightly, kneeling down to roll up his bedroll. Strapping it back to his backpack, he made sure they were leaving nothing behind. With the last amount of water in his waterskin, he doused the flame of their campfire begore stamping out the embers, wiping his shoe on the grass to clean them. Filling it again from the nearby stream, he stored it away in the pack before resting on one of the tree trumps and watching Anniyah finish packing.

When she was finished, Magnus rose to his feet and threw his backpack over his shoulder, and waved his hand towards the path "You can take the lead today, keep a tight hold on the map" he said, following alongside her. As they made their way along the path, the density of the trees began to thin to show they were on their way out of the forest, and sunlight highlighted their way. Brushing some of his silver hair out of his eyes, he peered around Anniyah to look at the map. They hadn't managed to reach the break in the path yet, and the day was starting to get on. Morning had given way into afternoon, and he only hoped they hadn't missed the path.

User avatar
DMLyJa
Jr. Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:23 am
Gender: Female
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: [1x1] Rite of Passage

Post by DMLyJa » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:46 pm

She had packed up rather quickly and had the rabbits tied to the back of her pack, allowing them to sway as she moved to join Magnus. Her eyes seemed to light up at his mention of her taking the lead, the map now in her hands before she smiles and begins to lead them forth. She kept true to the markings on the map and followed the path that was drawn, but yet, it seemed to be taking far longer than the map had seemed to lead her to believe it would take. Clearing her throat gently she paused in her steps as she looked around slowly, taking in the area they were in before looking again to the map.

"Perhaps...the map is incorrect or...not as accurate as it portrayed? We should have made it here a while ago..." She used her finger to circle the break in the path before her finger glided back down the path they had taken the day before. It didn't take us long to end up here after we left the village..." She pursed her lips gently before she looked up towards Magnus with a questioning look. She then offered him the map for review before she looked around the dense woods the had just left and then back to the opened area they found themselves standing in. She looked across the terrain for anything out of sorts or a possible threat and still found nothing thus far. "Certainly we hadn't missed it...."

Crossing her arms as a sigh escapes her, she moves to stand next to Magnus now, her eyes peering over his arm to the map as she tried to figure out whether she had led them astray. Shaking her head a bit she shrugged, simply not understanding. She then moves past Magnus to continue up the path they had been taking a little further, looking for the break in the path still, as if another few yards would have made much of difference, and yet, she still tried.
Current Active RP's I Am Participating In:

Sirens Call Tavern - Belia Frelve'len | Tempted Fates - Fayette 'Faye' Delsh
Rite Of Passage - Anniyah 'Ann' Crest | A Long Journey - Sarkin V'leppe

Thanks for all the fun folks!!

TheDarkOne
Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:41 pm
Contact:

Re: [1x1] Rite of Passage

Post by TheDarkOne » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:28 pm

Taking the map from her, Magnus peered up at the map as he walked back and forth from the path. It was true, path should be around here somewhere but after a quick look around it was clear it was nowhere to be seen. As she got further down the path, Magnus sat down at the edge of the road, getting ready to have a look when he felt the cold edge of a knife press gently against his throat. As he slowly raised his hands into the air, he felt a feminine reach down his chest to check him for a hidden weapon. He saw them before Anniyah did, two other women, hidden by cloaks and masks, one with a bow and another with a spear. The bow woman took aim at Anniyah whike the spearwoman waited nearby, before the leader spoke up.

"Well, well, well. Two lost little lambs in the forest" she said quietly, resting her arm on Magnus' shoulder "What brings you two so close to our territory?". Magnus spoke up before Anniyah, buying them all small amount of time while he worked out how to get to his weapon "Exactly as you said, we got lost looking for a split in the path, our map said it should have been here by now. When she leaned over to see the map, Magnus shifted a little as if to help her look at it, but in reality he moved his hand closer to his boot where his dagger was kept

"Ahh I see what you mean, youre a little early just yet" the leader explained, letting her knife slide down his throat lazily "That should take you out if the forest hopefully". Somewhat confused, Magnus managed to get a solid grip of his dagger as he replied to her "Why...thank you. You've been a great help while we get underway". The woman walked around him, kneeling down with the dagger still held against his throat "I think we deserve a reward for being so helpful, don't you kiddo?" She grabbed his bag and threw it towards the archer, who took her son off Anniyah. Now was their chance...

User avatar
DMLyJa
Jr. Member
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:23 am
Gender: Female
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: [1x1] Rite of Passage

Post by DMLyJa » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:48 pm

Anniyah had taken up the path just a few yards before she heard the tone of Magnus' voice, it was different and the words certainly weren't directed at her. Swallowing gently, she turned around to find herself in the aim of an arrow, the archer keeping her in full sight at the moment. She looked towards Magnus as the woman seemed to toy with him, her eyes slowly returning towards the Archer. Her own was on her back and her arrows had been tied during the morning to cease them from moving about to much and creating to much noise that would attract attention of the wildlife, which to her, seemed like the only possible threat at the time. But now they had been targeted by the vagabonds; she kept her hands at her side, every little movement of hers was obviously noted by the archer. That was until Magnus's pack was acquired and tossed to the archer.

She would then reach behind her to take hold of the dagger she used to clean the rabbits earlier that morning. As the archer lowered their bow to catch the bag, she would pull the dagger free and flick it end over end in the direction of the archer. Her target was their shoulder of the bowstring arm, without being able to pull back the bowstring, arrows wouldn't be able to fly through the air. As the dagger made its way to the intended target, she pulls the bow free from around her form, her other hand moving to tug at the small string that bound her own arrows, though, the knot was not proper and instead of loosening, it seemed to tighten instead. Panic began to fill her expression as she pinged her eyes to the archer and then Magnus and then the other woman.

Her hand takes hold of the bundle of arrows and pulls them from her quiver in one motion before lowering her eyes towards the knot, a feeble attempt to undo the cinching in a quick movement, though this caused her to not be able to see the others in front of her for the moment.
Current Active RP's I Am Participating In:

Sirens Call Tavern - Belia Frelve'len | Tempted Fates - Fayette 'Faye' Delsh
Rite Of Passage - Anniyah 'Ann' Crest | A Long Journey - Sarkin V'leppe

Thanks for all the fun folks!!

TheDarkOne
Member
Posts: 407
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:41 pm
Contact:

Re: [1x1] Rite of Passage

Post by TheDarkOne » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:25 pm

Things did not seem to go according to plan, however Magnus did all he could to make the best of it. The dagger struck true, causing the archer to yelp out in pain and stumble back against a tree trunk, causing the woman threatening him to avert her face to see what the commotion was. Quickly, Magnus lifted his leg and delivered a swift kick to the woman's midsection, making her groan in pain and fall to the ground with a thud. Now free from her blade, he took a brief moment to look around him. The archer was out of action for the moment, as was the leader while she began to recover. Anniyah was distracted trying to retrieve her arrows, leaving the third to advance towards her from her blindside. Without enough time to recover his weapons, Magnus sprang into action, sprinting forward towards the woman threatening Anniyah. Before she could spear his friend, Magnus threw his entire weight against her, throwing her to the ground.

As the bandit recovered, Magnus leapt on top of her and tried to wrestle the spear from her grip, twisting and pulling to take it from her, but the bandit simply clung into the spear for dear life. Pulling back his fist, he smashed his fist down hard into her nose, feeling it break and splatter with warm blood, giving him enough time to pull it from her grasp as unconsciousness took her. Yet as he rose to his feet, Magnus was forced to twist sharply and block a blow from his own blade, the leader having armed herself with it after rising to her feet. Unable to go on the offensive due to the spear unable to strike so close, he blocked and parried her strikes while he trusted Anniyah to keep an eye on the archer. He repelled her for a minute or two before the wood of the shoddy shaft broke, and in response Magnus tackled his opponent, rolling around on the ground to disarm the woman. It didn't help much, as she drew a dagger from their back and attempted to slash at him, although he used his forearms to block hers, until she gained the upper hand. With him trapped underneath her, she brought the blade down which he blocked between his two arms, desperately trying to push her off as slowly but surely her dagger slowly inched closer to him.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest